Arizer Solo II

thekayo

@thekayo are you asking about a Ti bushing or an entire stem made from Ti? Lets start with the bushing made from Ti, TBH the Ti doesnt hold the heat as well as the SS does. The SS for the bushing gives you more mass and helps with vaping the load more thoroughly as it retains the heat for a longer amount of time. Ti would work for a bushing but looses its heat alot quicker which makes it a great material in the WS so it doesnt transfer that heat to wood causing charring. Like @OF has said the metal bushing takes a bit more power from the device to heat it fully, the more metal you have the more power used so less battery life.

I hope I have been helpful guys and if I can do anything else pls let me know.

I was thinking a TI bushing along with the wood. Would be interested to see how it would work! Might make for some tasty rips. I do not know about stainless steel but personally i feel a little iffy about steel being in my vapor pathway. Im weird tho

Last edited:

OF

I do not know about stainless steel but personally i feel a little iffy about steel being in my vapor pathway. Im weird tho

I wouldn't worry (obviously......I don't because I don't.....), SS is well established for uses like this. Like in SS pots and pans?

Even if you replaced it for the bushing and rivet (Ti tube and rod being available) you'd still have to deal with the issue of SS mesh and retainer clips (neither of which is readily available AFAIK). They are much more 'in the vapor path' than the bushing ID.

I really think Ed did his homework on materials here. Folks that own his stems should continue to enjoy them 'in good health'.

Regards to all.

OF

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I was thinking a TI bushing along with the wood. Would be interested to see how it would work! Might make for some tasty rips. I do not know about stainless steel but personally i feel a little iffy about steel being in my vapor pathway. Im weird tho

Dont sweat ot like @OF said all is good, feel you're overthinking it and once ya try one you'll know ots a win win

OF

I was just wondering the composition. Want to know if it is tested for high amounts of nickel or aluminum. As well as what series it is.

Almost certainly 304. From the site above:
300 Series are chromium-nickel alloys, which achieve their austenitic microstructure almost exclusively by nickel alloying, some very highly alloyed grades include some nitrogen to reduce nickel requirements. 300 series is the largest group and the most widely used. The best known grade is Type 304, also known as 18/8 and 18/10 for its composition of 18% chromium and 8%/10% nickel, respectively.

So Ni in 8 to 10% give or take. But noting sloppy about the alloy. There is no accidental 'high', every fraction of a percent of alloy is accounted for, as well as temper level. Nickle is essential for this class of alloy, it's what forms the grain structure for us. There is no Aluminum in these alloys, it simply doesn't mix in well with a bunch of melted Iron. Not to worry, there is no contamination going on from a practical POV. Solid Material Science in play here.

OF

Your Mother

Hey all

I have only had a minimal exp with vaporizers, only trying some table top vapes and most recently the solo 2.

What is everyone's exp with the battery life?

I feel as though im only getting slightly over an hour of use per charge. This being the third full charge.

OF

I feel as though im only getting slightly over an hour of use per charge. This being the third full charge.

Depending on what your doing, that's not unrealistic. It can vary a lot. I suggest you 'live with it', even ignore such a measure, until your experience/skill grows some?

On average we figured 'a session per LED' on Solo I. If you kept your herb well cured (dry) going in, reasonably ground and packed (it's conduction, that part is important too), stayed to medium temperatures (say 390F), allowed for heat soaks between hits and so on you could expect 8 sessions each 12 minutes long (Solo I has fixed session time). Or you can stuff in a fresh, intact nuglet and eventually vape it all using a LOT of battery power to do so. Or enjoy one of Ed's excellent stems which conduct heat 'up the spout' and therefore eat up the stored heat.

Solo II has 50% more battery capacity. So under controlled (i.e. normal) conditions I'd expect 12 such sessions. I believe that's what I'm getting but frankly don't keep count. It's good for 'plenty of sessions' and has a reliable battery level indication.

I'm confident there's nothing wrong with your unit or it's pack. If you got a lame 18650 by misfortune, your session count would be obviously shorter and shorter with each charge cycle. The weak cell would get hammered into the dirt by the stronger one. That's why they are very carefully matched to start with.

Don't sweat this (yet). In fact I suggest ignoring it for now, recharge it when 'it gets hungry'. Learn to enjoy your Solo as it is, work with it. You've made a very wise choice, have faith in that. The warranty, should you need it, is in force for a long time to come?

Regards to all,

OF

ive_ana

So a screen in the bottom of the stem is good for avoiding scooby snacks. I'm wondering if there's anything similar to add to the top, to avoid burning the top of herb? I thought a spacer might help but not sure what material would be good. I don't it messing with the heater. If this is a bad idea, what can I do to avoid getting a top more brown than the rest? Thanks

OF

So a screen in the bottom of the stem is good for avoiding scooby snacks. I'm wondering if there's anything similar to add to the top, to avoid burning the top of herb? I thought a spacer might help but not sure what material would be good. I don't it messing with the heater. If this is a bad idea, what can I do to avoid getting a top more brown than the rest? Thanks

Sounds like you're defining top/bottom load up (not as used in Solo)? If so, some guys have tried flat screens but few if any kept doing it?

The top of the load (as used), next to the glass plate with the four holes, is naturally going to be cooler than the bottom (against the cup). It's a conduction vape, the hottest thing is the cup so the load facing the exposed metal of the cup gets best conduction. Eventually the glass of the bowl gets up to very near that same temperature (metal being an excellent conductor) but the top of the load not only doesn't have a heat source like the bottom, but heat is being conducted up the stem so that part is coolest of all.

You can also depress the load a bit before inserting the stem, then take the first couple of hits 'hamster style' (vape upside down, like a hamster water bottle). The load will get 'glued' in place and not touch the metal. It's still hottest there, but the effect is less.

Some stir to make it more uniform, but again I think most owners 'go with it'?

Welcome to the Forum, great choice with Solo.

OF

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Hey folks, I am seeing many places sell the Solo2 at clearance prices. Paid 150. for another one, authorized seller. Do you think they have another model coming out soon? Anyone heard? Inquiring minds would like to know!

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Questions about Solo 1/2 stems:

1. Is this an identical item under different names or are there really differences between the items? (Arizer's official website)
Solo 2 110m tube
Solo 1 110m tube

2. For my country, I can either buy a non-original one like this for really cheap or an official one for 5x the amount due to shipping costs. thoughts?

3. Has anyone tried the black pvhes - any health concerns about it being black? See here.

4. Since the 110m and most other PVHES (block clear and black) are out of stock in planetvape.ca and according to PV support there is no ETA for having them back, is it possible to get it anywhere else? See here and here

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Questions about Solo 1/2 stems:

1. Is this an identical item under different names or are there really differences between the items? (Arizer's official website)
Solo 2 110m tube
Solo 1 110m tube

2. For my country, I can either buy a non-original one like this for really cheap or an official one for 5x the amount due to shipping costs. thoughts?

3. Has anyone tried the black pvhes - any health concerns about it being black? See here.

4. Since the 110m and most other PVHES (block clear and black) are out of stock in planetvape.ca and according to PV support there is no ETA for having them back, is it possible to get it anywhere else? See here and here

I don't know if you have Amazon where you are, but I have bought and used these stems before:
https://www.amazon.com/Chem-Si-Solo...ateway&sprefix=solo+vaporizer,aps,725&sr=8-14

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: arb

noob100

Hey folks, I am seeing many places sell the Solo2 at clearance prices. Paid 150. for another one, authorized seller. Do you think they have another model coming out soon? Anyone heard? Inquiring minds would like to know!
Was it the 420 deals

noob100,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom