Arizer Solo II

sweetvapor12

Have been using the Solo II for about 7 months now, and I absolutely love it! Sadly I started getting the seemingly common ERROR 7 message. Contacted Arizer they sent it to M&M Specialties and in basically no time, they are sending me a new unit. I was super impressed by how fast they were.

Ugh, sadly it was my only vape so I took a few bong rips, NASTY! I do not know how I combusted for so long haha. Time for a T break till it gets here on tuesday :)

Overall this is a great portable, just make sure you get a warranty on it. I am now shopping for another vaporizer just in case I need to bring it back again!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I really love the og solo also and the eq is very good for the buck for sure.......I had bad luck with the screens on my solo 2 and air 2 units with multiple send backs.
The solo 2 is squared away and seems to have its issues worked out whereas the air 2 units not so much........all in all I am a Arizer fan also........the solos are what I judge other portables by.

OF

I have two Solo II, two Solo OG, and two Airs. Guess you could say I like Arizer.

There's perhaps another reason, what we used to call schizophrenia but were told to call "split personality" for a while, not to be confused with "multiple personality" (which is also now not allowed?). Now we must be respectful and call it “dissociative identity disorder,” or DID.

Whatever......maybe one of your personalities is jealous of one of the others and this a 'work around' to keep you from hiding your (only) Solo from yourself?

Or not.

I have 'only' two Solo IIs but several OG ones........I guess I'm in deeper? The voices in my head don't seem to think so........usually.

OF

sweetvapor12

The Solo II has a lot of free flowing draw. If you are having trouble with the draw resistance, than it is clogged or you are packing too tight. Which it is easy to pack too tight. I do got to get away from the screens, but haven't found my sweet spot with the grind consistency. I do tend to grind very fine, which will not work without a screen.

Pappy

shmaporist
There's perhaps another reason, what we used to call schizophrenia but were told to call "split personality" for a while, not to be confused with "multiple personality" (which is also now not allowed?). Now we must be respectful and call it “dissociative identity disorder,” or DID.

Whatever......maybe one of your personalities is jealous of one of the others and this a 'work around' to keep you from hiding your (only) Solo from yourself?

Or not.

I have 'only' two Solo IIs but several OG ones........I guess I'm in deeper? The voices in my head don't seem to think so........usually.

OF
:myday:
I get high with a little help from my friends.

purplegrass

I've had my solo 2 for probably a year now.

I enjoy the fast heat up time. It is also pretty hard hitting, especially for a portable, its much more hard hitting than my crafty, however the crafty is more convenient in my opinion. I like to say if my vapexhale evo and crafty had a baby, the solo 2 would be it. (hard hitting portable):)

sweetvapor12

As much as I love the Solo II, I have been dealing with a bit of throat irritation.

Think if I use a bubbler (I still need an attachment) it will help? I normally vape between 360F-420F but if I ever need to vape quite a bit, gets a little rough on me.

OF

As much as I love the Solo II, I have been dealing with a bit of throat irritation.

Think if I use a bubbler (I still need an attachment) it will help? I normally vape between 360F-420F but if I ever need to vape quite a bit, gets a little rough on me.

Heat can, of course, be a problem. But really there's very little heat energy (calories, not degrees) in gases (including vapor in our case). Simply sipping on water or, better still, fruit juice, between hits can help a lot in times of need.

The bigger problem over time is the fact the air/vapor mix we breathe is dry (very low moisture content). Even a modest bubbler can combat this, even if it doesn't seem to cool all that much the moisture it adds in means less moisture needs to be stripped from your poor throat.

I suggest you try one of the bubbler stems from PIU. Fairly effective, very easy to use. They have water traps built in so they don't leak, even upside down. You can load and use them as you normally would:
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-Long-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qctq.airsol2-bubb_l.htm

An easy and cheap way to find out if it's good for you. Handy and 'easy to swap in' as needed.

Regards to all.

OF

sweetvapor12

Heat can, of course, be a problem. But really there's very little heat energy (calories, not degrees) in gases (including vapor in our case). Simply sipping on water or, better still, fruit juice, between hits can help a lot in times of need.

The bigger problem over time is the fact the air/vapor mix we breathe is dry (very low moisture content). Even a modest bubbler can combat this, even if it doesn't seem to cool all that much the moisture it adds in means less moisture needs to be stripped from your poor throat.

I suggest you try one of the bubbler stems from PIU. Fairly effective, very easy to use. They have water traps built in so they don't leak, even upside down. You can load and use them as you normally would:
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-Long-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qctq.airsol2-bubb_l.htm

An easy and cheap way to find out if it's good for you. Handy and 'easy to swap in' as needed.

Regards to all.

OF

That is awesome thank you so much OF!

I’m happy seeing the continued Solo2 love in this thread :D

It’s still in my rotation along with the Dynavap and LSV. Such a solid hassle free vape.

Also, vaporizer tolerance is a real thing. I had been using the Dynvap exclusively for the past month or so. Then I busted out the Solo2 and got blasted!
It’s good to rotate vapes :2c:

OF

That is awesome thank you so much OF!

You're welcome, good luck with it.

Also, IMO, worth having an eatable fall back. I find a 1/30 of a gram (say 35mg) of THC is a solid dose for six hours, but needs an hour or so to be made available in your blood at useful levels. If I eat half a cookie it's in full effect before the urge/need to vape more. You may have to adjust your dosage, of course, but hopefully you get the idea.

Lots of simple ways to experiment with the idea, like 'firecrackers' which is toasted peanut butter and herb on crackers. From the toaster oven. Heat bonds the THC to the fat in the peanuts and it gets absorbed with them in due course. Works with ABV as well, which opens the option of pulling ABV after the THC is 'burned off' leaving CBD and other 'heavy' stuff you normally get in low amounts. Serious medicinal effect with very little 'stone'.

Your call, as ever. Good luck on your quest.......

Regards to all.

OF

Also, Vaporizer tolerable is a real thing.

I hope you meant "Vaporizer tolerance"? Both pass spell check, but I hope you can see how spelling completely changes the meaning?

If so, I agree. Change is nice. As is ironically familiarity........

OF

John Coaltrain

Fantastic! I was bummed out about having to bring a number of pre-loaded stems when I'm out and about.

I'm giddy with the innumerable possibilities this opens up for the Solo II: a few pre-loaded capsules on the go – this turns it into a truly portable vaporizer!

Now if I could just find something that fits the ArGo stem!

Thanks again.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Yes, they fit.

You're welcome.

OF
Greetings, @OF. Do you find that the Fury 2 capsules work very well in the Solo II stems? Does the stainless steel construct distribute a bit more heat throughout the load to ensure even extraction? I guess I'm looking for a way to completely avoid stirring if I can. And I certainly do not wish to take any heat away from the load.

I'm not bright enough to figure the physics of this one!

Thank you in advance for your wisdom. :)

John Coaltrain

WildChild – I also look forward to OF's observations, but in the meantime, here is what I'm thinking will be the case.

I suspect use of these capsules will improve the conduction function of the vaporizer (understanding that conduction occurs when flower is in direct contact with a heat source, whereas convection occurs via the dispersion of heated air throughout flower).

I think conduction will be bettered since these capsules fit loosely in the Arizer stem. So one inserts them into the stem while the stem is inverted, and once turned right side up and placed in the vaporizer, the capsule will shift, and will be in contact with the heating element, hence increasing the conduction aspect of the vaporization process.

This is particularly the case for those (like me) who in the effort to keep their Solo's oven clean, always ensure that no flower comes in contact with the oven – always tamping the flowers a little into the stem chamber.

Heat will also be transferred throughout the capsule, along its sides and top, hence exposing the flower to conduction throughout, and bettering also the convection aspect as a result of the same heat distribution.

As many Arizer users know, one can decrease draw resistance by pulling the stem slightly out of the oven. If the capsule is in direct contact with the heat element, then the retraction of the stem from the oven might become an even better means to both decrease draw resistance, and to increase convection as a result of the increase in air flow.

I think that if the conduction is increased, this might also permit lower temperature settings, hence shortening warm up time, increasing battery charge life, and reducing the risk of combustion.

I've just placed an order, so time will tell – and so will I once I've tested these a while.

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
WildChild – I also look forward to OF's observations, but in the meantime, here is what I'm thinking will be the case.

I suspect use of these capsules will improve the conduction function of the vaporizer (understanding that conduction occurs when flower is in direct contact with a heat source, whereas convection occurs via the dispersion of heated air throughout flower).

I think conduction will be bettered since these capsules fit loosely in the Arizer stem. So one inserts them into the stem while the stem is inverted, and once turned right side up and placed in the vaporizer, the capsule will shift, and will be in contact with the heating element, hence increasing the conduction aspect of the vaporization process.

This is particularly the case for those (like me) who in the effort to keep their Solo's oven clean, always ensure that no flower comes in contact with the oven – always tamping the flowers a little into the stem chamber.

Heat will also be transferred throughout the capsule, along its sides and top, hence exposing the flower to conduction throughout, and bettering also the convection aspect as a result of the same heat distribution.

As many Arizer users know, one can decrease draw resistance by pulling the stem slightly out of the oven. If the capsule in in direct contact with the heat element, then the retraction of the stem from the oven might become an even better means to both decrease draw resistance, and to increase convection as a result of the increase in air flow.

I think that if the conduction is increased, this might also permit lower temperature settings, hence shortening warm up time, increasing battery charge life, and reducing the risk of combustion.

I've just placed an order, so time will tell – and so will I once I've tested these a while.
Ah, excellent! It made sense to me that the SS capsules would facilitate more/better heating...but I wasn't sure. And I, too, like to keep everything nice and clean.

Thank you for the great post! I'll purchase some of these little devils and see what happens!

Last edited:
Top Bottom