Arizer Solo II

biohacker

I can't recommend running a vape dry like that more then once.

Arizer does, they say to do it 3 times for 10 minutes, at max temp, in case anyone cares what's written in the owner's manual.

I emailed Kevin at Arizer regarding the Solo 2s airpath.
This was his response. I'm sure he wouldnt mind me sharing this.

Well apparently you're supposed to have permission from the author before reposting personal emails. But I think you're right, because that exact response is also posted on other forums go figure.

TDB

Thanks. I guess I got lost somewhere on the 'had to do this' part, what was the problem?

I understand the idea of the o-ring in the original Solo mod, but stem rotation is not a problem in Air or Solo 2, right? For sure you want to be careful there as the bottom tabs break if you don't.

I don't see any problems off hand with Air or Solo 2 (although stacking rings could be fun.....) but don't understand why this is necessary. Unlike that misbehaving bent stem getting all confused by gravity and all. Aggravating on the original Solo but not a problem I've heard or experienced with Air.

Food for thought, thanks again.

OF

The issue is not just from the stems rotating too easily but also wiggling and even falling out. These issues have taken place in both Solo I and Air... AND I still expect them to occur in Solo II seeing as how stems within my Solo II began to have some slight wobbling emerge just like they did in my Solo I and Air before they began to have stems fall out. Not only is the easy wiggling and rotating annoying (to me) but the stems can fall and shatter or even burn whatever they fall on.

Many people had such issues with both the Solo I and Air which led several retailers to begin selling the Orange O-Rings a few years ago. Below are just a couple examples of such retailers:

http://www.planetvape.ca/air-and-solo-high-temp-silicone-o-rings.html
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Solo-Screens-p/arz.sol-109_ring-4pk.htm
https://torontohemp.com/products/planet-vape-arizer-air-solo-o-ring-5-pack-regular
https://vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-solo-high-temperature-silicone-o-rings-x-5
http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/solo-silicone-o-rings-5-pack.html

Last edited:

BigJr48

The issue is not only from the stems rotating but also wiggling and even falling out. These issues have taken place in both Solo I and Air... and I still expect them to occur in Solo II seeing as how my stems have begin to have some slight wobbling emerge just as my Solo I and Air began before their stems started before they fell out. Not only is the wiggling annoying (to me) but the stems can fall and shatter or burn what they fall on. Many people had such issues with both the Solo I and Air that several retailers began selling the Orange O-Rings.

http://www.planetvape.ca/air-and-solo-high-temp-silicone-o-rings.html

Do you heat up the unit before inserting a stem?

TDB

Do you heat up the unit before inserting a stem?

I had a few of each Arizer portable vaporizer and had the loose stem issue with every one. If only the threads on each vaporizer weren't so huge I would point out how this issue has previously been discussed many times within this forum. I have handled things such as: only insert stem when cold, only insert when hot, store stems inside vape, store stems outside of vape. Never could avoid the issue regardless of how they were handled... btw I handle everything with very gentle hands. Even while using an Orange O-Ring the stems can still be rotated and inserted/removed but now they will only do so as easily as you choose since you can also choose how tight the Orange O-Rings will be when you place them in position. In my opinion, the Orange O-Rings were a perfect solution.

This video will show how the Orange O-Rings solve the issue:

Notice that the Air was turned off. If the vaporizer was heated the stem wiggles and falls out more easily but I didn't want to deal with a hot stem falling out.... again. The main purpose that retailers mention for the purpose of the Orange O-Rings is to prevent stems from falling out... it happens!

Earlier in this thread I complained about my Solo II being too tight and showed a video similar to this one. I think both vaporizers should have their stems tight enough to where they can be turned upside down or picked up by the stem BUT my video of the Solo II simply did not show how much tighter it is than the Air in this video. I still think my Solo II is too tight as there are times where it literally takes me a few minutes to get the stem to insert.

Regardless, my stems will occasionally wobble in the Solo II during a session. Each Solo I and Air that my friends and I have owned began rather tight but after a couple months slight wobbling emerged and progressed to the point where stems would easily fall out. Now that my Solo II has had occasional stem wobbling emerge I expect the wobbling too progress to where the stems become so loose that they fall out just like they do in this video.

Last edited:

al bundy

Vaporist
Isn't it already a feature? Tap the button and it goes up or down a single degree, hold it a bit and it takes 10 degree steps one after the other. Left and right controls is not really an option, this is not a 'joystick' configuration, there are only 3 switches on the board below to do sensing with:
toJOaHI.jpg

OF

Well Ill be
I tried that once or twice before and it didn't do that. Thanks

I know it's not a joystick/ 5 button setup they could add though.
Well now that the solo is up to temp what the heck

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Arizer does, they say to do it 3 times for 10 minutes, at max temp, in case anyone cares what's written in the owner's manual.

Well apparently you're supposed to have permission from the author before reposting personal emails. But I think you're right, because that exact response is also posted on other forums go figure.
sorry I meant 50 dry runs like some people. :lmao: Not good.:disgust: I'll give it to you, you're the first person to buy a vape, use it dry numerous times, then comment on performance and gases that are unknown to anyone who "puts" stuff in it before vaping (as arizer also Reccommends huh?) Please don't mind if I take your observations with a grain of salt. Did you even have the vape?:uhoh: No pics?:uhh: Sorry mods..last statement withdrawn:mental:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've been doing several burn offs and you do smell that new electrical smell that I smell with all new vaporizers. I blew into the oven. I had it on 410 degrees. I swabbed it out with alcohol a couple times.

Initially I tried out the stock stem, with no screen. No wobble detected. Really the perfect draw resistance for me. I don't like too airy of a draw. No need to use a stem with added airflow unless you want to use all your stems like me.

Now I'm trying out the PVHES shorty with the bent stem. It fits fine. It doesn't wobble around but that could change over time. Taste seem to be on par with the Solo OG. I'm at 380 degrees but could go down to 375. The 391 like the Solo OG on 5 seems too hot on this unit IMO. Whereas I would use temp 5 all the time with the older Solo.

I heat my unit up before I insert the stem because it's tight otherwise.

Im still trying the Solo 2 out. My thought is if you liked the Solo OG your going to like this vape. If you're not a Solo OG fan save your money and buy a different vaporizer. Draw resistance is a bit better so that might be something that was a problem for you in the past.

The digital screen is a real upgrade. A lot of folks like those bells and whistles. Not a necessity but it's nice to have exact temperatures that the owner can dial in. This makes it easier to regulate your exact favorite temp whether your a recreational user or a medical patient.

Oh, by the way I'm using a great strain called Plush Berry tonight.

Edit
I just gave the oven a sniff and I still smell that new stove/vape smell. Ive had 2 / 10 min sessions with cannabis and could detect the smell and taste of the new smell but it disappeared after a while. It wasn't so bad that it bothered me. The cannabis does mask the smell and taste. It is much like any other new vaporizer., the new smell wears off over time. Will do more testing tomorrow. :zzz:

Last edited:

biohacker

sorry I meant 50 dry runs like some people. :lmao: Not good.:disgust: I'll give it to you, you're the first person to buy a vape, use it dry numerous times, then comment on performance and gases that are unknown to anyone who "puts" stuff in it before vaping (as arizer also Reccommends huh?) Please don't mind if I take your observations with a grain of salt. Did you even have the vape?:uhoh: No pics?:uhh: Sorry mods..last statement withdrawn:mental:

50 dry runs? :lol: That's quite the difference from meaning from when you specifically said ONE dry run. I did a fraction of 50, maybe like 10-12 (perhaps I was being facetious in a previous post) but they definitely weren't all 10 minutes. Perhaps you need to read @CarolKing post of detecting the smell after putting in herb as well before you continue to try to mock me, as you have previously for simply reporting my observations on other aspects of this vape. Furthermore, if you question if i've even had the vape without pics, you're basically calling me a liar, and I think that's pretty funny when I just sold the thing in the classifieds with pics! :disgust: I'm glad some people appreciate my posts, because this issue has definitely come up on other forums ie. vapelife. The airpath isn't exactly "clean", much like the Arizer EQ. The air intake isn't isolated, and goes through the PBC, electronics, and wires (plastic sheathing) all which gets plenty warm. This is a fact. I don't think there is anything more to say about it, Arizer deemed it safe, so let's end it there yeah?

I've been doing several burn offs and you do smell that new electrical smell that I smell with all new vaporizers. I blew into the oven. I had it on 410 degrees. I swabbed it out with alcohol a couple times.

Just a heads up, because I know you have a Grasshopper. Blowing into the oven caused one of my RMA's about 2 years ago on an OG GH. Might not be the best thing to do for the longevity of the heater, but i've kinda done the same sort of thing with Solo's.

I just gave the oven a sniff and I still smell that new stove/vape smell. Ive had 2 / 10 min sessions with cannabis and could detect the smell and taste of the new smell but it disappeared after a while. It wasn't so bad that it bothered me. The cannabis does mask the smell and taste. It is much like any other new vaporizer., the new smell wears off over time. Will do more testing tomorrow. :zzz:

Thank you, exactly the cannabis MASKS the smell/taste, but that doesn't mean you aren't inhaling some offgassing from the warm (hot even?) pcb, solder, wire sheathing, etc as air enters from all the entry points including the charger port, and display screen area. The airflow didn't change at all when I blocked the side body main intake.

Anyways, my posts are to help others, which most seem to appreciate, but I somehow seem to be upsetting some, so i'll leave it there and move on especially when my honesty and integrity is questioned. If anything, i've been told several times that i'm a very honest unbiased open book when it comes to my reviews and observations. You can even find my posts in the Supreme thread (my all time favourite vape) consisting of many positive and negative posts, just like the grasshopper. I thought these forums were supposed to be about discussing all things both good and bad about a vaporizer, without attacking the company or product, which I think I did suitably. Otherwise it turns into nothing more than a circle jerk, which skews perception and doesn't really help future customers overall. Enjoy the Solo 2, it's an awesome vape no doubt, just not for everyone.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
The full charge was suggested by @OF. He knows what he's talking about.

I charged my unit overnight upon arrival. It was 7 or 8 hours. It's not hard to wait if you have an OG Solo - it's still a monster of a vape!!

I've been putting my Solo II on the charger when the battery is down to 25-40% (estimating based on the visual) and take it off the charger around 90-99% (estimating based on visual).

It's somewhere around 10-12 sessions of 12-13 minutes in length between charges.

I'd like to know if there is a better way to gauge the 90% charge? Am I on the right path to battery life longevity?

Alexis

FYI for all non N. America residents.

Arizer will ship to Europe and beyond for FREE as long as the order is over $200.

I had been waiting for @PuffItUp to receive stock. I would prefer to deal with randy, but his postage is over $50 to get to me.
Lacentralevapeur also stock the Arizer solo 2, and they offer a 10% fc discount too.
For European buyers, you would therefore save on customs, and it may be equal price anway even with the €15 ship fee.

They are a fantastic retailer also, one of the very best!

Solosummers

I'm appreciating all excellent info I'm getting here regarding the Solo 2. I been using my extra short slightly thicker black stem and the fit is superb & tight thus far. Pops in & out no issues. The first or second time I tried the Solo 2 stock long stem it wasn't as tight with definite wobble.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Planetvape still has the pvsolo2 promotion available. It's a discounted price plus a gong adapter and space case 2 piece grinder.

Awesome deal. It's the code I used to get my Solo II a couple weeks ago.

I want to pull the trigger on a mystic blue to partner my black - but maybe waiting for the next generation is wise.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Fuck burnoffs...a lot of people do them wrong. They should only be done long enough to burn off any residual oils left behind during assembly. Anything more than that has the potential to overheat the vape since it was designed to have us cool it off during the session with our draws, and this doesn't happen during a burnoff. Then it gets hotter than designed and we notice other smells that wouldn't be there if it weren't running too hot from the burnoff.

I test a couple of new vapes a week, many from China. I'm to the point now where I turn it on for a minute or two and if the smell is okay I jump right in. I think Arizer's suggestion to burnoff for 30 minutes [if they said this...I can't find it in my manual], no more no less, should be heeded with their vapes...Arizer is very thorough! If they didn't say it, then I wouldn't do more than one. More than that can cause damage.

But enough of that boring shit...this vape rocks! I have been testing it with all sorts of different stems and have more on the way, and I've been running it through water as well. My favorite current setup is with the PVHES Turbo stem. The airflow is wide open and the Solo II can keep up. Two nights ago I was getting great clouds huffing on it on 410 and thinking this is Mighty territory. When I get my Mighty back I can't wait to do a side by side of these two!

Last edited:

rotero

In addition to the loose stems I have, I have noticed that the stem leans to the RIGHT ever so slightly. After looking further, it appears that the O ring (not sure exactly what it's called - it's the piece of rubber inside that you stick the stem through) protrudes out more on the left side than the right, pushing the stem to the right.

In other words, it's off center.

I am not sure if this affects the function. The stems are wobbly, but do not fall straight out. They are incredibly easy to slightly pull out. Should this be the case? Once pushed in, should it take only the lightest force to loosen the stem out a bit?

Concerned, since the Solo is so new and isn't particularly cheap.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
:rockon:

You are absolutely wailing that thing! I'm getting better results with stems than through glass so far. A 35 second draw is impressive, and you're probably sipping it. The Tubo Evic has reignited my ripper style, so I'm loving this Turbo stem that let's me rip the Solo II. This stem is perfect for my whole nug fetish, too!

I just read the manual but I did not see this. Can you please confirm which page number?

Yeah, I don't see it in my manual either. Unless someone can link to Arizer instructing us to do it, I am going back to one burn off max for this vape, which didn't smell for me without one.

OF

In other words, it's off center.

I am not sure if this affects the function. The stems are wobbly, but do not fall straight out. They are incredibly easy to slightly pull out. Should this be the case? Once pushed in, should it take only the lightest force to loosen the stem out a bit?

Concerned, since the Solo is so new and isn't particularly cheap.

We went through this a couple of weeks back, you might dig some.

The short of it is, no, your new Solo is just fine. Enjoy it.

Many of us actually like to lift the stem a mm or so (or some of us tip it) to control the airflow restriction. I'm sure yours is 'within spec' and a warranty return will get it returned.

It's not realistic to expect exact centering, nor is it necessary. There are clearances built in and parts 'float' as necessary to make it all happen. Arizer knows their business, you spent your money wisely. Don't let other peoples opinions effect your judgement too much.

Get to enjoying it.......best wishes to all.

OF

Top Bottom