Arizer Solo II

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do no want to bash your opinion on VC but if you get too much reclaim or too fast it is 100% because you over heat it (this is very easy to notice with a glass body): It takes several (3-4 do not recall) loads to reclaim to slightly show up on the glass body, overheat once and you get thick dark reclaim on glass walls immediately (and unhealthy charred load)

That being said I find VC and solo quite similar in their vapor production and I use both regularly VC for microdosing on the way, solo when I can relax/stay focus on sipping it: my biggest complaint with solo is the long session, if I do other stuff (cooking for example) i take a couple of hits and I often forget to finish my bowl loosing it
RECLAIM?

Is that like DUMPSTER DIVING?

GROSS!

CANNABIS is safer than MILK?

SOLO is to portables like SCOTCH means TAPE in some languages!

SOLO = CIVILIZED

SOLO 2 were waiting like the next:
STAR WARS MOVIE!

blackstone

I also prefer the dependable and consistent upper temperature ceiling , and general format of electronic vapes compared to manual butane, for taste and also health, and stealth/image/odor in use reasons.
And I have concerns about where some of the vapor strays to in a vapcap, and how red hot they get in places.
Some electronic vapes can overheat when they fail badly, or have parts that get super hot where the vapor strays, but it's not that common.

I also prefer to be doing less while vaping, and prefer a circuit to do all those on/off decisions and heating!
My Solo gives much better clouds and better taste for longer with the same amounts, and maybe I'm just done with noisy lighters. I could go on but I won't.
Maybe if I need a small cheap "mostly vape" type device somewhere for one night and stealth is not an issue.

aaaaaand the hype is gone....

It might come back!
I agree that 3 months is too long to string us out for.
But I was nearly done with the idea of this Solo II and am now warming to it again.
@biohacker is right, there's very little else around if you want an up to date or interesting premium portable that performs reliably.
And I think @CarolKing is correct that we should try and wait for broader opinion and even possible tweaks to airflow or other features in the final models?

What won me back this time is the great looks, slimmer profile for pocket, and quick heat. But we'll have to see when it's out and what else is out by then.

This video gives a nice clean look of the beast's profile while rotating!:

So... With all this talk about draw resistance...
Do you think the solo/air would be better if the stem had a carb? Then the user could decide on the draw resistance and manually produce the vapor they want.

It has been done, I was recommended to buy one but I haven't seen them in a while. Easyflow made them I think.
I'd actually prefer a carb on the stem to having a loose stem or using a PVHES that has the potential to stretch the opening and cause loose stems.
Maybe loose stem will always happen to a Solo and more so when at running temperature, and I'll just have to keep stretching a finger to keep it seated in this new model too!

RECLAIM?

GROSS!

Vapor, and condensed vapor is just good. Even if it lands in the wrong place first and you scoop it up and get it back into the hot air flow!!
Although I'm starting to understand these modern fair markets where they would never need to "dumpster dive"!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I also prefer the dependable and consistent upper temperature ceiling , and general format of electronic vapes compared to manual butane, for taste and also health, and stealth/image/odor in use reasons.
And I have concerns about where some of the vapor strays to in a vapcap, and how red hot they get in places.
Some electronic vapes can overheat when they fail badly, or have parts that get super hot where the vapor strays, but it's not that common.

I also prefer to be doing less while vaping, and prefer a circuit to do all those on/off decisions and heating!
My Solo gives much better clouds and better taste for longer with the same amounts, and maybe I'm just done with noisy lighters. I could go on but I won't.
Maybe if I need a small cheap "mostly vape" type device somewhere for one night and stealth is not an issue.

It might come back!
I agree that 3 months is too long to string us out for.
But I was nearly done with the idea of this Solo II and am now warming to it again.
@biohacker is right, there's very little else around if you want an up to date or interesting premium portable that performs reliably.
And I think @CarolKing is correct that we should try and wait for broader opinion and even possible tweaks to airflow or other features in the final models?

What won me back this time is the great looks, slimmer profile for pocket, and quick heat. But we'll have to see when it's out and what else is out by then.

This video gives a nice clean look of the beast's profile while rotating!:

It has been done, I was recommended to buy one but I haven't seen them in a while. Easyflow made them I think.
I'd actually prefer a carb on the stem to having a loose stem or using a PVHES that has the potential to stretch the opening and cause loose stems.
Maybe loose stem will always happen to a Solo and more so when at running temperature, and I'll just have to keep stretching a finger to keep it seated in this new model too!

Vapor, and condensed vapor is just good. Even if it lands in the wrong place first and you scoop it up and get it back into the hot air flow!!
Although I'm starting to understand these modern fair markets where they would never need to "dumpster dive"!
WEED = FREE
HB = SURF CITY USA
I grew up with some of these guy's!

PUNK came from ENGLAND however OC had a scene as well.

SOLO 2 would have fit?

RECLAIM sounds really bad!

blackstone

WEED = FREE
HB = SURF CITY USA
I grew up with some of these guy's!

SOLO 2 would have fit?

RECLAIM sounds really bad!

Thanks, I'll have a look at that now!
You definitely landed in a cool part of the world, it must be crazy. And easy to go off the rails?
I saw NY and SD once (Mt. Rushmore, Crazy horse, Badlands) and I was listening to TOOL and Queens of the stone age on my CD-man, and Perfect circle and Foo Fighters, Shinedown etc on the car radio stations!
And even that really changed my life!

I don't know how they'd afford Solo or Solo 2 in the 70's, or how many shillings and fourpence they'd be!
But I'm sure the units would be much larger, and beige!

Reclaim from WT or with iso might even BE bad, but some plain stem or CU condensate oils wiped onto organic cotton might take someones fancy in times of desperate need!

biohacker

RECLAIM?

GROSS!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!! :rofl:

You are my style!

we should try and wait for broader opinion and even possible tweaks to airflow or other features in the final models?

I don't think there will be any surprises here. If the fellas said that the airflow is the same, I trust them. It would not make sense to me for improved airflow, as that would stress the battery too much. The Solo is designed the way it is for good reason, which I think is why Arizer went with the laser cut holes. Airflow went south. Vapour density and battery life went up.

My favourite punk bands are from CA! Pennywise from Hermosa Beach and Bad Religion from LA!

I used to work in Riverside doing contract work in 2003! Holy shit was it hot!!! The pollution was so bad I could only make out a fine line of the mountains?? Palm Springs was cool! Where are you ataxian??

I landed in Ontario CA? But I live in Ontario, CAnada ???

California is CIVILIZED for the most part, but not the highways it's like a free for all??

car radio stations!
And even that really changed my life!

I can so related to this when I was in the pacific NW! Best radio station and tunes i've ever heard! Very cool heavy metal kinda alternative grunge rock! I miss the mountains!

condensate oils wiped onto organic cotton might take someones fancy in times of desperate need!

Agreed! There is a difference between vile reclaim, ABV (GROSS!!!!) and nice purty honey oil! It's like GOLD!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!! :rofl:

You are my style!

I don't think there will be any surprises here. If the fellas said that the airflow is the same, I trust them. It would not make sense to me for improved airflow, as that would stress the battery too much. The Solo is designed the way it is for good reason, which I think is why Arizer went with the laser cut holes. Airflow went south. Vapour density and battery life went up.

My favourite punk bands are from CA! Pennywise from Hermosa Beach and Bad Religion from LA!

I used to work in Riverside doing contract work in 2003! Holy shit was it hot!!! The pollution was so bad I could only make out a fine line of the mountains?? Palm Springs was cool! Where are you ataxian??

I landed in Ontario CA? But I live in Ontario, CAnada ???

California is CIVILIZED for the most part, but not the highways it's like a free for all??

I can so related to this when I was in the pacific NW! Best radio station and tunes i've ever heard! Very cool heavy metal kinda alternative grunge rock! I miss the mountains!

Agreed! There is a difference between vile reclaim, ABV (GROSS!!!!) and nice purty honey oil! It's like GOLD!
NORTH SHORE OAHU HAWAII
HUNTINGTON BEACH CALIFORNIA

That's were I was CIVILIZED as a kid.
FRANCE was more WILD?

SOLO 2 = BLUE = HAVE TO WAIT!

Pay for COLAS? (REALLY?)

blackstone

If the fellas said that the airflow is the same, I trust them.

I trust that the Solo II units they got are like their old units they had to compare to.
But I was leaving a slight allowance for the differences among some older Solos, and the possibility that Arizer could be using these initial reviews and the reaction of the public to fine tune some aspects of the final product.
But all total guesswork and maybe totally unfounded!

I had difficulty telling the difference between carb open and closed on a VCap, even though it was slightly noticeable if you concentrated hard enough.
But I've also felt that mysterious sudden tiny increase in perceivable resistance that people feel with a Mighty. Even though I'm sure it's all in the mind or pulling too hard!
I can actually feel different sized mesh screens in the Mighty sometimes too though.
I'm just thinking that a tiny difference in airflow might change things.

Also, are all the upper stem grips new and tight on these reviewed Solo II models,
while the older models they compared to are a bit loosened up?
And what happens if/when the Solo II loosens up in that department?

Anyway, I never had major issue with Solo airflow versus what it offers me, I think mine is c.2014. So I'm only thinking of others when I talk about airflow! Or maybe the chance of increased convection effect or being a little more open.
The things I like about PVHES shorty turbo are the small bowl, wide open inner bore for vapor with no glass screen part, and this makes cleaning easier for me too while allowing lower temps. to be used! (2 and 3!)
And I like the wider stem in the mouth and quality glass feel.
I'm lucky that I don't suffer from excess air dilution like you talked about with PVHES, wonder if that's worse through water?

I'd be afraid to stick a hefty third party stem into a new Solo 2 in case it made it loose, but then maybe that's what we should aim for with any Solo?

It must have been burning up! That was the same year I visited the east coast and middle of USA (Sturgis) and it was HOT in those places too. Hottest I've seen anywhere I think, but I have a small carbon footprint as I haven't got around much!
A Solo would've made my holiday greater, just don't leave it on the dashboard in the sunshine!?

Bad Religion from LA!

Bad Religion, I liked many of their songs too! first heard them around the mid nineties I think. And I bought an album about ten years later.
The radio is amazing there, we are lucky to have internet radio we can eavesdrop now, and webcams to slightly pretend we're there!
Would love to see Canada one day too,
Arizer factory tour anyone?!

biohacker

Arizer could be using these initial reviews and the reaction of the public to fine tune some aspects of the final product.
But all total guesswork and maybe totally unfounded!

I don't think it's unfounded dude, you raise a very good point! I agree!

I can actually feel different sized mesh screens in the Mighty sometimes too though.
I'm just thinking that a tiny difference in airflow might change things.

I agree again! I remember people talking about putting a finer mesh screen in the Mighty CU, and I definitely noticed a harder draw as well when I tried that.

Also, are all the upper stem grips new and tight on these reviewed Solo II models,
while the older models they compared to are a bit loosened up?
And what happens if/when the Solo II loosens up in that department?

You're on a roll bro....yep!

I'm lucky that I don't suffer from excess air dilution like you talked about with PVHES, wonder if that's worse through water?

It very well could be, as well as my massive lungs...I have to go super slow (ESPECIALLY with the open flow of the turbo). But i'm anal, I like dense thick vapour and the least amount of pulls to get it. I feel that the PVHES is similar to using an HerbalAire vaporizer...you can vapour, but it's so thin and diluted, I find it more irritating than a thick dense vapour, but that's just my personal experience.

I still remember the OG CERAMIC FLAKING Solo's as well. THOSE were the shit! Definitely denser thicker smoother vapour IMO compared to when they removed it. Those were some flakey solo times indeed :lol:

I'd be afraid to stick a hefty third party stem into a new Solo 2 in case it made it loose, but then maybe that's what we should aim for with any Solo?

I bet it will be the same teflon ring and loosen up.

Hottest I've seen anywhere I think, but I have a small carbon footprint as I haven't got around much!

I've practically destroyed the planet with my carbon footprint :lol: I used to travel for work alot, and the hottest i've ever felt was in Phoenix AZ! The airport was insane, it was basically impossible to get across the airport and catch my connecting flight so had to stay there a night. OMFG! As soon as I walked out of the airport I felt like my head was going to burn up like being in an oven (and i'm a firefighter! lol)...i believe it was something like 47c? Oh, but I was told it's a DRY HEAT.....yeah right! lmao. Then again, I didn't sweat like the gross humidity we experience in Toronto.

Arizer factory tour anyone?!

Oh the stories I could share ;) Used to sesh with the boss :brow:

biohacker

Has this been posted yet? I like how Arizer doesn't cut corners by including a case for the Solo 2, as well as the stem caps are a nice touch. And after reflection, i'm okay with the lack of the bent stem as it was too easy to swirl/turn on its own when the stems loosen up. I'm planning on picking up a couple of Air short stems as well, since this thing heats up in 20 secs and fits in your pocket easier it's going to be a much better portable.

I take it back, I don't care when they are releasing it, i'm all IN. 4/20 or not! Just the heat up time, form factor, adjustable shut off timer, batter life, higher bandwidth (above 220c cap and ability to vape below 185c) and digital display are enough for me.

http://imgur.com/a/cY9Dc

and this:

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/arizer-solo-ii-vaporizer-first-look

SOLO II FAST FACTS:
  • Priced at $???
  • Full digital temperature control 122 - 428°F / 50 - 220°C
  • 28 seconds heat up time to max temp of 428°F (24 seconds to 390°F)
  • Hybrid convection / conduction heating
  • 3 Hours of continuous vape time
  • 0.15 Grams bowl capacity
  • 2 Year warranty on workmanship and defects | 1 year warranty on battery | lifetime warranty on heating element
The new bowl design with “recessed heat jets” opens up the air flow a lot and I didn’t feel restricted like with the original Solo.

SUM IT UP

The Arizer Solo 2 is what you always wanted the original Solo to be - faster and smaller with a longer lasting battery, increased air flow, full digital temperature control and all the session parameter tweaking you can handle. I love it!

The battery seems to last forever and the vapor is cool and tasty. I can see this being a daily driver for just about anyone.

Where you at @stickstones ??? Nice review bro!!!

:nod::clap::rockon::bowdown::luv::love::drool::D

Last edited:

blackstone

And Buzz Danklin said he could feel a reduction in the resistance too even with tight stem seal.
While I think the Chill Bud said that the bowl also recovers heat and keeps temp very well.
Vitolo said it's warmer on the outside, hopefully not by much. And we'll have to see what difference the shorter oven walls make.

But going by the appreciation I've always had for the Solo, that still grows, this is going to be a nice improvement in some areas and it's looking really good!
I hope they don't price it sky high at first.
And if Arizer upped the game and did free worldwide shipping like Storz and others, I could even buy it direct on release!

How does that new finish make it look like a pro photo / photoshop in every image?!!

Black or blue which would you choose? Ataxian said his is a blue!

Used to sesh with the boss :brow:

I laughed, and all that aromatherapy only nonsense that some of them have to suggest!

biohacker

I hope they don't price it sky high at first.

I'm sure they will, as time always drops the prices. I hope they will do as they did with the Air, and offer free shipping as well as an early bird discount when ordering direct. I definitely think there will be a large demand, as they have a huge cult following for the Solo.

And if Arizer upped the game and did free worldwide shipping like Storz and others, I could even buy it direct on release!

I will be buying it direct on release....I'm pretty sure it was free shipping in N.A. at least? I'll also be picking up their stock GonG since the airflow should make it bearable for airflow and thick dense vapour. If it's too restrictive, i'll pickup a pvhes version. Air stems will be a much for on the go.

Black or blue which would you choose? Ataxian said his is a blue!

Well, typically i'd go black, I used to love the silver when the Solo also had a silver face plate, but that was ages ago, and I didn't like the two tone. Tough one! Blue is nice but I think i'll probably still just stick to the black. I wonder if they will release a silicone sleeve for it like the Air? Would be nice for outside use when using it as a true portable, just in case.

Stoked!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Arizer would need to keep the price at $300 or below and eventually prices come down. I think that price works be high. It could be $249? Which would be reasonable not on sale but speculation on my part. I don't see this unit starting at $199.

CL52613

People, this place and the threads are starting to feel like the election all over again. How the hell can you have a critique of a unit that is not even on the market? Everyone wants to be an expert. When you own the unit then critique it, but this speculating is nothing but BS. What are you critiquing the unit as you imagine it? Try a little patience, and in lieu of that, try a little tenderness. I understand about being excited to learn a favorite company is readying a new vape for the marketplace, but this has gone way beyond sharing excitement.

biohacker

People, this place and the threads are starting to feel like the election all over again. How the hell can you have a critique of a unit that is not even on the market?

Uh, this is the "upcoming and unreleased" thread?

Try a little patience, and in lieu of that, try a little tenderness.

Good one, you may want to take your own advice in the Grasshopper thread.

Last edited:

blackstone

Arizer would need to keep the price at $300 or below and eventually prices come down. I think that price works be high. It could be $249? Which would be reasonable not on sale but speculation on my part. I don't see this unit starting at $199.

That sounds about right.
Considering the intl. shipping fee, If it is $275 AND on sale it would be attractive to those outside Canada and the States and I'll be able to buy it direct on release:lol:
If it's more than that I have 2 or 3 other vape deals in mind and I might pick up a Solo II in 6 months to a year.

blackstone,
Reactions: Derrrpp

CarolKing

It's just a waiting game at this point. I would have thought that Arizer would have released this unit or they should give us a date when it will be released.

When the Arizer Air was released it was all of a sudden it was released. We didn't have a speculation thread beforehand on FC because we didn't know about it. I understand Arizer wanting to dangle this carrot to get people interested. t least they aren't asking for money beforehand to place a preorder.

@blackstone if I highlighted your name by mistake I'm sorry. I always enjoy your posts.

Last edited:

CarolKing

@blackstone I think Arizer always makes an awesome product. Whatever the upgrades they came up with I'm sure they gave it a lot of thought beforehand. I just spent quite a chunk this past month on VAS. I plan on eventually buying this unit though in couple months if it's out.

I thought I had heard that Arizer was going to make a stealth unit as well. I don't know where I heard that? Probably somewhere on this forum. Don't hold me to it, it could be rumor.

Edit
Yes I saw the upgrades and the videos. There might be some extra surprises out there is all. Not wanting to argue with anyone. I may not have seen everything that you have seen @biohacker

Last edited:

biohacker

Whatever the upgrades they came up with I'm sure they gave it a lot of thought beforehand.

Curious, have you read through this thread as well as the early reviews by our very own members? You seem to be in the dark on this one? All the upgrades have been stated already. It isn't a mystery anymore.

The only thing that is a mystery is the actual release date.

I may not have seen everything that you have seen @biohacker

I've only seen what has been posted in this thread...I don't have any special information. I don't know what surprises there could be, when this is just an upgrade not a revolutionary new groundbreaking product. I hope you're right, but i'm going with what we have. But when you say there hasn't been much info released, that simply is incorrect.

Last edited:

biohacker

@VapeHeadz :clap::nod::rockon::bowdown:

Thank you for posting!!!!! :tup:

I disagree with Sneaky Pete on the mainly "convection", which explains why it needs a "heat soak" after reaching temp.....it's mainly "conduction" in fact just like the OG.

I also agree that the startup time needs to be cut in half, and predict with this feedback Arizer will make adjustments at least at some point down the road, if not before release. 4 seconds is too long.

Now I gotta find those 3rd party black stems! Arizer will you take my money already??! :lol: 4/20 in only 9 days, and need to spend my money on something!

Toronto Hemp Co. has the black stems....sweet looking indeed! Thanks again Sneaky Pete!

Last edited:

$un

Finally!! Arizer just released the Solo 2 for $249.99 20 minutes ago. At this price point a lot of us is going to compare it to the mighty that we can get for another $70 or so these days. Is the Solo 2 worth $250 with the minor updates or maybe its wiser to wait for the price to drop? As more full review videos show up we will get a better picture of the Solo 2

Top Bottom