Arizer Solo II

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
I was like this for a good few months after I got a vapcap, but iv been coming back to the solo more and more lately, for these reasons.....

Just tastes so much better for a start....

I prefer glass, to wood on my lips, @ataxian knows....

I hate cleaning the vapcap, it it need cleaning often, builds up reclaim very fast...

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with cheap butane torches, they are not reliable outside in windy, cold Britain...
Nothing worse than wanting to vape, and not being able to heat your load effectively...
It's a waste.....

Even indoors I'm enjoying the relaxing 20 mins sessions, with no lighting inbetween draws...

The other thing is my personal concerns that the vapcap may not be too healthy....
The charring that is all to easy to achieve????
The amount of reclaim produced????
Makes me sceptical.... half smoke????
I know I run it way too close to the edge sometimes....

If there is one thing the solo does, it's stands the test of time.....
The length of this thread is testament to that...

Insightful comments, thanks. "The half smoke" rings a bell, and a worry?....
It might be the enthusiasm of the beginnings. Perhaps VapCap will end up being like an 'affair' and Solo more like a lasting partner? I am pleased to read that you renewed your appreciation for the Solo and hope it'll be the same for me somewhere down the road. But for now I think that I will hold back purchasing the new unit.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was like this for a good few months after I got a vapcap, but iv been coming back to the solo more and more lately, for these reasons.....

I hate cleaning the vapcap, it it need cleaning often, builds up reclaim very fast...

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with cheap butane torches, they are not reliable outside in windy, cold Britain...
Nothing worse than wanting to vape, and not being able to heat your load effectively...
It's a waste.....

Even indoors I'm enjoying the relaxing 20 mins sessions, with no lighting inbetween draws...

The other thing is my personal concerns that the vapcap may not be too healthy....

The length of this thread is testament to that...
I think some people like to use a torch?
My wife doesn't like torches and thionks their lame.
I use a SOLO because my wife loves it!
My kids think it's healthier.
The taste/convenience factor.
I have anything other than WOOD.
Some like WOOD so please don't judge me!

I want to burn JOINT'S, however it does not look respectable? (so I don't).

My surf friends smoke still. (they say I'm a whimp) I must say I like the flavor provided from vaporizing.
I check daily for the SOLO 2 to come out.

The NORTHERN LIGHTS SOLO is so nice! (as well)

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I hate cleaning the vapcap, it needs cleaning often, and builds up reclaim very fast...

It's a waste.....

The length of the solo thread is testament to that...

Do no want to bash your opinion on VC but if you get too much reclaim or too fast it is 100% because you over heat it (this is very easy to notice with a glass body): It takes several (3-4 do not recall) loads to reclaim to slightly show up on the glass body, overheat once and you get thick dark reclaim on glass walls immediately (and unhealthy charred load)

That being said I find VC and solo quite similar in their vapor production and I use both regularly VC for microdosing on the way, solo when I can relax/stay focus on sipping it: my biggest complaint with solo is the long session, if I do other stuff (cooking for example) i take a couple of hits and I often forget to finish my bowl loosing it

Mr.Sifter

please dont feel attacked.
I did not diss the arizer solo2.
How can I?
There are no SOLO2 around.

This might be an interesting device for starters or people who want to most bang for the buck.
one solid unit that can do everything. Home unit and portable enough.
The new standard in the under 220$ class.
Many many people will need only this unit and will be as happy as I was, when I got my Solo1.

The thing I am criticizing is the marketing.
Arizer does not do themselves a favour by advertising it in a occult fashion (apple like teaser video) but on the other hand sending units out to a few consumer testers.
Those testers opionion cristalize in forums like here
or on twitter or instagram or facebook.
Whats the verdict ?

Yeah, good vape but basically a pimped solo1 (which is not a bad thing).
that's it. not more not less.
Can you imagine Arizer advertising it with
"good vape but basically a pimped solo1"

After 6 years a 2011 reputable, " solid, much loved, semi portable small cordless home unit vaporizer" gets a freshup.

Arizer did not try to reinvent the wheel. They are not known for beeing very progressive.
They produce solid, tanklike, reliable units which are capable of producing tasty clouds.
This happens through the long slow drawing method.
They can not change that without changing the whole portable Arizer DNA.
It's not a bug it's feature. Arizer clouds are achieved this way with this technique.

So 70% of a the new solo generation has gone with little changes.
30% to tweek with.
All glas vapor path,
yet to be confirmed all glass air intake,
stronger battery (user replacable like in the solo1 ?)
oval hand friendly shape,
20-40sec heat up time
different stem fit in the oven (a little higher).

But,
If you want to create a "hype" and buyers desire you have to advertise.
And when you have decided how to advertise you have to keep walking the route you started walking.
Arizer started with a mysteroius "home-leak-teaser video" and switched to viral marketing with the "no wow" consumer feedback.
This is not a smart move.
Imagine the first iphone8 hand on videos come from some private consumers and it's "just okay."
You have to create the image of "WOW".

Why aren't there not enough videos online yet. We are visual animals....
There are people that have a SOLO2 at home.
Where are the videos?
We learn by seeing first. Reading comes afterwards.

Now would be Arizers turn to give insights on details.
Professionally videos in good light, with a nicely cutted artwork, subtile happy music.
But no, you are left with private pictures that could have be done much better. sry, not offense. But we are speaking quality marketing here.

Infact arizer already missed that timeframe.
That what I meant with "aaaaaannnd the hype is gone".

If you want to advertise a great new product by creating hype arround it, you have to keep that "hype wave" alive by feeding it for it to grow bigger.

In this case an initial wave has broken.
The SOLO2 will come and it will be a worked out, tested unit. for sure. Arizer portables dont let you down. But it deserves a much better marketing.

there is a huge market in vaporizers, right?
why are the manufactures so lazy and clueless in advertising?
C'mon Arizer. You can do better.

Two examples of different advertising gone good in vape world.

Hopperlabs did a good job altough they have quality issues. Their marketing wasquite good.
They depended on sponsors and investors to invest in the wave. So they needed to be very progessive and revolutionary. They created a huge wave.

Storz&Bickel do not advertise at all. They just release and let quality speak for them.
There is very proffessional distance between the brand and the stoner family.
S&B create german quality "handarbeit" at a competition ruling standard.
You won't find vapor clouds on their website or advertising.
They just know whith a history like the volcano and the mighty no one can question their position as "the big dog".
they are serious as their products are.
Their form of advertising is to not advertise.
they let quality and only that speak for themselves.
The volcano has been around since 2000.
Yes, it has received internal updates but it has passed the test of time.
This proves S&B right.

Last edited:

biohacker

Feel attacked? :D I don't know why you think that, I liked your post, and completely agree with you....I just thought your post was fucking hilarious! :cheers:

Completely agree bro! I know at least they don't try to set a date and then don't meet it like alot of other companies do, but this isn't any better IMO.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
please dont feel attacked.
I did not diss the arizer solo2.
How can I?
There are no SOLO2 around.

This might be an interesting device for starters or people who want to most bang for the buck.
one solid unit that can do everything. Home unit and portable enough.
The new standard in the under 220$ class.
Many many people will need only this unit and will be as happy as I was, when I got my Solo1.

The thing I am criticizing is the marketing.
Arizer does not do themselves a favour by advertising it in a occult fashion (apple like teaser video) but on the other hand sending units out to a few consumer testers.
Those testers opionion cristalize in forums like here
or on twitter or instagram or facebook.
Whats the verdict ?

Yeah, good vape but basically a pimped solo1 (which is not a bad thing).
that's it. not more not less.
Can you imagine Arizer advertising it with
"good vape but basically a pimped solo1"

After 6 years a 2011 reputable, " solid, much loved, semi portable small cordless home unit vaporizer" gets a freshup.

Arizer did not try to reinvent the wheel. They are not known for beeing very progressive.
They produce solid, tanklike, reliable units which are capable of producing tasty clouds.
This happens through the long slow drawing method.
They can not change that without changing the whole portable Arizer DNA.
It's not a bug it's feature. Arizer clouds are achieved this way with this technique.

So 70% of a the new solo generation has gone with little changes.
30% to tweek with.
All glas vapor path,
yet to be confirmed all glass air intake,
stronger battery (user replacable like in the solo1 ?)
oval hand friendly shape,
20-40sec heat up time
different stem fit in the oven (a little higher).

But,
If you want to create a "hype" and buyers desire you have to advertise.
And when you have decided how to advertise you have to keep walking the route you started walking.
Arizer started with a mysteroius "home-leak-teaser video" and switched to viral marketing with the "no wow" consumer feedback.
This is not a smart move.
Imagine the first iphone8 hand on videos come from some private consumers and it's "just okay."
You have to create the image of "WOW".

Why aren't there not enough videos online yet. We are visual animals....
There are people that have a SOLO2 at home.
Where are the videos?
We learn by seeing first. Reading comes afterwards.

Now would be Arizers turn to give insights on details.
Professionally videos in good light, with a nicely cutted artwork, subtile happy music.
But no, you are left with private pictures that could have be done much better. sry, not offense. But we are speaking quality marketing here.

Infact arizer already missed that timeframe.
That what I meant with "aaaaaannnd the hype is gone".

If you want to advertise a great new product by creating hype arround it, you have to keep that "hype wave" alive by feeding it for it to grow bigger.

In this case an initial wave has broken.
The SOLO2 will come and it will be a worked out, tested unit. for sure. Arizer portables dont let you down. But it deserves a much better marketing.

there is a huge market in vaporizers, right?
why are the manufactures so lazy and clueless in advertising?
C'mon Arizer. You can do better.

Two examples of different advertising gone good in vape world.

Hopperlabs did a good job altough they have quality issues. Their marketing wasquite good.
They depended on sponsors and investors to invest in the wave. So they needed to be very progessive and revolutionary. They created a huge wave.

Storz&Bickel do not advertise at all. They just release and let quality speak for them.
There is very proffessional distance between the brand and the stoner family.
S&B create german quality "handarbeit" at a competition ruling standard.
You won't find vapor clouds on their website or advertising.
They just know whith a history like the volcano and the mighty no one can question their position as "the big dog".
they are serious as their products are.
Their form of advertising is to not advertise.
they let quality and only that speak for themselves.
The volcano has been around since 2000.
Yes, it has received internal updates but it has passed the test of time.
This proves S&B right.
Did you know MATH from GERMANY was WOW!

$?

ARIZER SOLO 2 is lower in cost!

APPLES to APPLES = is what were saying
ORANGES to APPLES = is what your saying

We are all on this PALE BLUE DOT we call EARTH.
OUR view points vary from GEOGRAPHY?

Your awesome for sure!

I'm a ASS HOLE for sure.

A BLOW DRYER for $100's of $ (DMARKS)

PRICE POINT mean's something to some of us GEOGRAPHICALLY challenged!

Plus + the SOLO has the right FLAVOR profile for some!

Mr.Sifter

oh dear,

I did not compare the products arizer vs s&B
Like I said, the portable Arizer products have a great reputation.
They are great. No discussion. Period.
The Arizer Solo2 will be the referenece in the category "semi portable small cordless home unit under 220$/EUR".

This is not a discussion wether arizer or bickel are better and if their prices are okay.
I did not want to start this.
They are both great in my opinion.

It's about the clueless advertising from arizer.
They have this great new product but the presentation lacks in quality. So there is room for improvement.

Did you know MATH from GERMANY was WOW!

$?

ARIZER SOLO 2 is lower in cost!

APPLES to APPLES = is what were saying
ORANGES to APPLES = is what your saying

We are all on this PALE BLUE DOT we call EARTH.
OUR view points vary from GEOGRAPHY?

Your awesome for sure!

I'm a ASS HOLE for sure.

A BLOW DRYER for $100's of $ (DMARKS)

PRICE POINT mean's something to some of us GEOGRAPHICALLY challenged!

Plus + the SOLO has the right FLAVOR profile for some!

sorry, I don't understand you.
What do you want to tell me ?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This unit isn't even out yet. We only have the video and a few folks giving their opinions. It sounds like it will be an upgrade to the original Solo. It appears to be a little slimmer but not much.

We won't know much until some of the folks start buying this new portable. We only can speculate and go on what little knowledge we have about it. Relax and use your original Solo. Hopefully it will be released soon. Keep calm and vape on.

Often these companies don't give out much info about their new vaporizers. I'm wondering if it's because they are worried about Chinese knock offs appearing before their unit is released.

Edit
I just had reread and I needed to edit the above, I had said ungrade, I meant upgrade (fuck spellcheck) just one letter changes the whole tone.

Last edited:

biohacker

We won't know much until some of the folks start buying this new portable. We only can speculate and go on what little knowledge we have about it.

What else do you want to know that has not already been stated? I think we have more than a little knowledge, we have it all pretty much IMO. Fortunately we have some well respected members that have already given feedback, and all the details have been released.

It's more than just an upgrade IMHO, but in the end it's not rocket science or something ultra cutting edge. It's still a SOLO.

biohacker,
Reactions: snamuh

Mr.Sifter

interesting fact that has still to be unveiled is if or if not the complete air path is glass.
We do know that the vapor path is.
But what about the air intake ?

And why hasn't anybody opened the device to check what kind of battery opperates inside and wether it is user changeable...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm wondering if it's because they are worried about Chinese knock offs appearing before their unit is released.

VERY CORRECT ASSEsment.
I won't buy anything that runs on batteries.
They make short-cut's that make it function weird or just for a minute or 2?
QUALITY ASSURANCE is not in their CULTURE!
My ROLEX from SWITZERLAND is amazing.
The copy I have? (LAME)

ataxian,
Reactions: kellya86

CarolKing

@biohacker i use the info that I get from folks that I trust in this forum verses what the company is going to tell us about a product before it's released. They want folks to go out and buy this new unit as soon its released and some of us might do that. Others wait for some down to earth first hand knowledge, like reviews from folks we know on this forum.

I may decide to buy this unit right out of the gate or I may wait it depends on how much it costs. Also how soon this unit is released. There is a lot of written info about this new unit but not actual folks that have given reviews. Some of the guys doing reviews online I don't always believe.

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

they have it ready to ship.
I dont know what ther are waiting for.
Cant imagine that they sent yout prototypes to consumers to test.
I think they sent the real deal.

release, price and open the solo2.

free the solo

biohacker

But what about the air intake ?

This has been discussed, and posted. The air intake is a clean air path. Looking like it comes from the top and side. No more routing through the battery apparently.

And why hasn't anybody opened the device to check what kind of battery opperates inside and wether it is user changeable...

Are you serious? Maybe because the few reviewers don't want to? I would just assume that it's not user changeable for now. Give it time man...

@biohacker i use the info that I get from folks that I trust in this forum verses what the company is going to tell us about a product before it's released. They want folks to go out and buy this new unit as soon its released and some of us might do that. Others wait for some down to earth first hand knowledge.

Makes perfect sense, although I don't think the few reviewers are shills for Arizer, and again there really isn't anything functionally different from the SOLO. But I hear you, you like hearing even more feedback, and agree....who knows what this "digital" reliability will be like, but I have great faith.

they have it ready to ship.

How do you know? You have no idea, there could be a last second revision like they had with the original Solo based on feedback from early reviews, and are frantically scrambling to address it. No one knows buddy.

Mr.Sifter

Are you serious? Maybe because the few reviewers don't want to? I would just assume that it's not user changeable for now. Give it time man...

As long as it has screws I think it is very important to know what's inside of the unit you buy.
4 little screws later we could know.

If the body is "clipped" i can understand to hesitate

Mr.Sifter,

CarolKing

I'm not calling anyone "shills from Arizer". I respect the reviews from folks on this forum more. That's all. Especially if it's someone I've seen and have been reading on this forum for the last few years. Yes I would believe them more than someone online elsewhere giving me their review.

Some of these folks giving their opinions online often don't sound very intelligent or knowledgeable. Some of these goofy videos are rediculous, a bunch of coughing and laughing.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm not calling anyone "shills from Arizer". I respect the reviews from folks on this forum more. That's all. Especially if it's someone I've seen and have been reading on this forum for the last few years. Yes I would believe them more than someone online elsewhere giving me their review.

Some of these folks giving their opinions online often don't sound very intelligent or knowledgeable. Some of these goofy videos are rediculous, a bunch of coughing and laughing.
I need to side track a bit.
You know how I am addicted to concentrates.
I had to do my own research to make my MOD work for what I wanted to achieve.
60 watt - 320 watt?
RBA? or COIL (replaceable)?
DIFFERENT POV?
F^CK I have to figure it out myself?

I've had so many medical sessions on the SOLO.
When I see that people once owned one?

I hate portable's and find them over-priced!

The SOLO 2 is a small GAMBLE.

Do your own research.

15 minutes of FAME does not make one an expert!

Top Bottom