1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizer Solo II

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by bluenavey00, Jan 31, 2017.

1. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

mmmmmm...that stem!

Pappy and BigJr48 like this.
  2. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

Hello. I graduated from Solo 1 to Solo 2! Vaped up for the first time tonight.Purple Pineberry. Well, I must say, I am really really really high. This Solo 2 is very different than Solo 1. I am retiring my 2 Solo 1s. Or, maybe I'll give them to my daughter, but she prefers to vape oil. I actually ordered 2, to rotate,(because I'm OCD like that) and I am also using black stems, no screen. I don't need to inhale very hard to get a good hit. The vape feels great in my hand, very comfortable, makes it more discreet. I am very pleased with my investment! Our affair will last a long time!

pxl_jockey, Pappy, artist and 4 others like this.
  3. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Congrats & enjoy!!!

Maine420 and jpdnkstr like this.
  4. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The Solo 2 is a great choice in a vaporizer. Welcome to the party. I love my blue one. It's been there right when I need it, all charged up because the battery lasts a long time. The heater doesn't lose a step after taking a draw either - no temp dip.

Maine420, jpdnkstr, OF and 2 others like this.
  5. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

Good morning! 6:30 am on the East coast of these lovely United States! Couldn't wait to get up, to play with my Solo 2! Strawberry Diesel this morning. I must say, these black stems are great. Got them from Puff It UP. They seem stringer than the clear glass stems! Woo hoo! I am diggin' this!

OF, CarolKing, jpdnkstr and 2 others like this.
  6. BigJr48

Good morning to you as well from the East Coast baking on some Grand Daddy Purp. Hey I wanted to ask do the black stems change the flavor of the flowers?

JCharles, CarolKing and Maine420 like this.
  7. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

@BigJr48 not at all! I don't even have to use a screen in them!

8. BigJr48

The reason I asked is because I bought one from a YouTube reviewer/retailer, tried it once and it made my flowers taste like crap.

JCharles and Maine420 like this.
  9. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

Once you get a black stem and place it in your hand, you WILL notice the difference between the clear and the black. The black is thicker, better quality!

I do not notice any difference in taste at all, the strawberry diesel taste is fantastic, more enjoyable since I don't need to draw as hard as before w the Solo 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
    JCharles and BigJr48 like this.
  10. BigJr48

No problems with fit?

Maine420 likes this.
  11. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

The fit is PERFECT! The first few times, I let the Solo 2 heat up, then inserted the stem, now it seems to go in easier. I'll never go back to clear. Got mine from PIU great quality!

CarolKing, JCharles and BigJr48 like this.
  12. JCharles

JCharles ACMPR registered 26/07/2017

Good morning from Toronto.

I have sour diesel running through my Solo II and a small bubbler. Heck of a way to launch myself into a Saturday morning!!

Perhaps they are not the same. The ones from PIU are highly rated around here and reddit - perhaps you had some other black stem, of a lesser build quality. The colour should not affect the flavor if it's done right.

On another note, you don't need to use a screen with the oem clear stems. As far as there durability I have dropped my Solo II stem a couple times with no damage. And still have my original stems from my OG Solo I in perfect condition.

I even dropped my Solo II with a hot stem inside the unit and no damage to the stem. The ground did take a small chunck out of my Solo though

CarolKing, Maine420 and BigJr48 like this.
  13. Mozy

Mozy Vaper to be

My experience with the Solo 2 is that it is a lovely product. It functions exactly as I want a vape to work. Only problem I've had with it is that the Easy Flow GonG stems (from the Air and Solo 1) do NOT fit. Warming up, trying very gentle, it's just to big. So I broke 2 of those (got a new one from my headshop after the first one broke cause they thought it was a production error of the stem).

Also I got error 7 a few days ago and it went way, this morning it won't. When I try to charge it it goes in a bootloop and when turning it on with no charger plugged in it also instantly shutsdown. I mailed my headshop this morning (they do the warranty's I think) and I'll see where it goes from there.

BigJr48 and JCharles like this.
  14. JCharles

Contact Arizer directly regarding the error code. They will instruct you on where to send the unit and how to proceed.

It's unfortunate and great that Solo I and Air parts don't fit the II. I really haven't noticed much change in how stems fit into my unit after an easy 500 sessions. I can still hold it upside down without worrying about the stem falling out .

Still sucks you got an error code.

15. CarolKing

Stems vary in sizes it seems like when it comes to glass. Most of my glass that fits the Solo OG fits my newer Solo. I have a couple that don't though. It sounds like @Ed's TnT is on the case for stems for the Solo 2. You might want to give him a PM if your interested. He sells glass as well as wooden stems that will fit the Solos and Air.

16. JCharles

I've been using water pipes a lot more recently and have run into a problem.

The little 18mm Arizer gong gets really hot and can be uncomfortable to pull out to clear the bong. Not to mention it's such a small piece you have to get close to the solo.

Is there an attachment, workaround or tip that could improve my experience?

I was looking at the conical Keck clips but they are only heat rated to 150c

CarolKing, BigJr48 and Maine420 like this.
  17. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

When they come you pray they go away but they tend to stay once the errors display. Now everybody, rap!

BigJr48 and Maine420 like this.
  18. CarolKing

What about something like an ov glove. You can get them at most stores.
    Price $14.99
    [​IMG]

19. McSheamus

McSheamus Well-Known Member

Hey man, this morning i counted myself lucky when i saw error 7 being displaid :( and since it's sunday and i have little patient to wait for an answer tomorrow, have you got any answer from them already?

TIA

Edit: didnt saw you mailed your headshop... i mailed arizer instantly instead of vaposhop.

JCharles and BigJr48 like this.
  20. LabPong

LabPong Member

A 3/16 diamond grit drill bit to make a carb is your answer.....or it was for me anyway on all my water units. Pulling a part a joint to clear a hit makes for a wonky experience to me.

JCharles likes this.
  21. Flambeau

Flambeau New Member

I use a double 18mm bridge adapter with an 18mm stopper. That way you don't have to touch the gong or unit, and you can hit it at will without burning your fingers.
    [​IMG]

pxl_jockey, JCharles and BigJr48 like this.
  22. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

JCharles and Maine420 like this.
  23. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

I, too, had to send my Solo 2 in with an 'Error 7' issue. Unless the process has changed, you have to contact Arizer directly, not the retailer you bought it from. Just go to the 'Support' page of the Arizer website for instructions.

Their service was really good and they shipped me a brand new replacement that is working flawlessly so far.

Good luck.

EDIT: Didn't initially notice when I responded that you already emailed Arizer. Hope you get your unit replaced quickly.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:33 PM
    CarolKing, McSheamus, BigJr48 and 2 others like this.
  24. JCharles

@CarolKing @LabPong @Flambeau

Thanks for all the awesome ideas - I didn't even think about drilling a carb - mostly because I'd somehow f it up and lose the glass piece - perhaps outsourcing this task is optimal.

The gloves are perfect. I was thinking sticky fingers from No Goo.

That's an awesome adapter. I'm going to look I to this also.

CarolKing and BigJr48 like this.
  25. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

Mailed mine to MM service center in WA. Arizer will send me new one.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors