Arizer Solo II

LabPong

How would you compare Solo II and Air? I own Air but the heater seems too weak to use it with water pipe - I get hardly any vapor and after each hit vape has to return to set temperature. Is Solo II better solution for WPA?

This should not be the case with the Air.....mine produces tons of vapor and taste at the white/purple/pink headt setting...375 i believe.

It could be your battery is no good, or your herbs are not dry enough. But either case...the Air has plenty of power to use with any size water unit...I use small ones up to a big one.....no issues with any water units for me. Hope this helps.

That said....I'm finding it hard holding out for a Air2 version......the Solo2 is in the forefront of my next purchase.

Also, I have a question about the gong stems fit in the Solo2 compared to the air and solo og. Are the stems needed for the solo2 slightly bigger or smaller in diameter than the air and og units?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flambeau

Also, I have a question about the gong stems fit in the Solo2 compared to the air and solo og. Are the stems needed for the solo2 slightly bigger or smaller in diameter than the air and og units?

The Solo II seems a little tighter on the stems and gongs than the original. What's confusing is that planetvape have designated all their Solo stems and gongs as unsuitable for use with the Solo II.

I've had no problems so far. I've just made sure that the unit is warm before I attach the stem/gong.

My experience with the Solo 2 is that it is a lovely product. It functions exactly as I want a vape to work. Only problem I've had with it is that the Easy Flow GonG stems (from the Air and Solo 1) do NOT fit. Warming up, trying very gentle, it's just to big. So I broke 2 of those (got a new one from my headshop after the first one broke cause they thought it was a production error of the stem).
Sorry for the late reply... just found this thread :) Did you find a gong stem that does work in your solo 2? I broke both of mine too.

LabPong

Sorry for the late reply... just found this thread :) Did you find a gong stem that does work in your solo 2? I broke both of mine too.

Do not get one of the Ed's TNT Atomic Gong for air/solo. They are big and barely fit into my Air....its hard to get it down even after the Air has warmed up and ready to go.

LabPong,
Reactions: BigJr48

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Do not get one of the Ed's TNT Atomic Gong for air/solo. They are big and barely fit into my Air....its hard to get it down even after the Air has warmed up and ready to go.
Remember glass varies in size I find that some Solo OG stems are tight to insert into the Solo 2. If a stem feels too tight don't try to force it. We've been hearing about quite a few broken glasss stems.

I'm using my Solo 2 right now. I have some Silver Tip in the smaller stock stem. Still working on a thick honey resin glaze for cocoa. My temp is at 377 degrees and it has great flavor.:love::leaf:

LabPong

Remember glass varies in size I find that some Solo OG stems are tight to insert into the Solo 2. If a stem feels too tight don't try to force it. We've been hearing about quite a few broken glasss stems.

I'm using my Solo 2 right now. I have some Silver Tip in the smaller stock stem. Still working on a thick honey resin glaze for cocoa.

I had ordered gongs from 4 different sources and found just a tiny weeny bit of difference.The french made one for ed's is pushing the limits of the AA and I was pretty nervous the first time to push it in. It pushes the limits in diameter and also in thickness. I was pretty happy it did not break the first few times...knocking on wood now! :wave:

But my point was that if the Solo2 normally runs just ever so slightly smaller in fit than the Solo OG and Air....then you might want to put on some gloves if you try this gong. :science:

I only ordered one of them, so I actually have no idea if they have any variance in quantities. This was the first glass piece I have used from the French maker, the others were from USA and China. I would be bummed if it broke. It was the most expensive gong I purchased and it is also much different in use and performance than any other I have tried.

Sorry for any of you that have broke a stem or gong or other glass piece....I feel for you... so I will load up a gong of kief infused headband kush... and send you good vibes. :tup:

likwid

How is this vaporizer with very small amounts (0.1g)? Will it still work well? Any mods/accessories required for small amounts like this? How long would a typical session take with a small amount?

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
So the answer is yes, as long as I purchase the dome shaped screens?
One option is just to buy regular stainless steel screens (I use 1/2") and shape them yourself to fit the glass bowl of the Solo II stem. You can raise the screen up or down depending on how much of the bowl you wish to use. But it can be a bit tedious to get the screen the right shape. I think I posted a picture of one of my stems pages back that has a screen in the bowl...not sure how to link to it.

A second, simpler option is to use organic cotton (i.e. cotton balls). Tear off a piece, roll it up and stick it in the bowl before your herbs. Again, you can vary the amount of cotton used depending on how much herb you wish to use. From everything I have heard, it is safe to use cotton at vaping temperatures. The experts here can give you more input on that.

All the best.

Last edited:

LabPong

So the answer is yes, as long as I purchase the dome shaped screens?

Yes, I suggest to only use stainless steal ones. I got these off the bay and they work really nice.
But also I use a water adapter (gong) and use the arizer upside down so the load never ever touches the oven. I never have to clean the oven....just a simple blowing of air in it. But if you use the arizer with just a stock stem and inhale directly off it that way....the stem is loaded so the load could fall or at least touch the oven bottom.....not too big of a deal but you have to clean it more this way. I personally only like to vape through water and it makes it much easier to use and take care of this way as well. Super easy to clean this unit and the stems.

I got these off the bay, and they are pretty good. No worry on the size of the load in the gongs
How is this vaporizer with very small amounts (0.1g)? Will it still work well? Any mods/accessories required for small amounts like this? How long would a typical session take with a small amount?

You can load pretty small amounts if you like. with a screen in the stem you will still have tons of room, but you can also just load 0.5 or even less if you like. Normally with 0.06g top shelf indica flowers....I normally get 8-12 good pulls on it. When I add a small amount of keif....I can get like 13-16 pulls! But it all pends on your flower type, grind, and dryness. I find most sativa leaning flowers to be 2-4 hits less some times.

I use the Air version...but same info goes for the Solo's.

OF

I use these in all my Solo stems
Don't use the No2 screen in the mouth piece anymore.

Yep, much better than the 5/8 SS ones domed over a Sharpie like we used to do before Sinclue brought them to our attention. Much heavier wire, higher dome and the ends are fused. They really hold up well, and can be easily torched clean.

Remember Solo/Air is a conduction vape. A short, flat load is not going to heat nearly as well as one that's a thin ring closer to the source of heat. A dome should be ideal for this if it's 'dome up'. I usually run about .125 grams this way with a 'kinda firm' pack, less is possible, even without raising the dome more.

'Dome down' is also useful if you're looking for (near) normal capacity in the load but much less fouling in use. The space under the dome (around the edges) means that the screen can 'work' over a much larger area than the original four small holes in the glass plate allow. It takes much longer to foul to the same level, and when it does I hook it out with a bent safety pin, hold it by the edge with an old roach clip (otherwise useless......) and torch it until it glows. Several seconds worth. Then let it cool for a few seconds, brush off the ash and put it back in....... Easily under a minute.

Regards to all.

OF

thx1138

My new blue Solo II arrived today. There appears to be an issue with the charging port. The plug has to stay extremely tight in the port or it loses contact and the charging stops. I notified the folks at PIU where I got it so I know I am good hands. Looks like the three year old silver solo I call R2D2 is still in action!

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
My new blue Solo II arrived today. There appears to be an issue with the charging port. The plug has to stay extremely tight in the port or it loses contact and the charging stops. I notified the folks at PIU where I got it so I know I am good hands. Looks like the three year old silver solo I call R2D2 is still in action!

That sucks, but you all ready know that.

Arizer has great customer service IMO, any issues that have come up are rectified quickly.

Awesome name for a silver solo

JCharles,

thx1138

hey I already have the prepaid label to ship it back to PIU for a replacement!
PIU takes care of you
I saw the lights and heard the beeps coming out the silver solo and knew it was an R2 unit immediately ;^)

thx1138,

OF

My new blue Solo II arrived today. There appears to be an issue with the charging port. The plug has to stay extremely tight in the port or it loses contact and the charging stops.

Before you send it back you might check the front of the plug for 'flash'. Bits of the molded material that escaped through the cracks and caused little rubber 'walls' around the metal part that can keep it from going all the way in?

They have to be really careful not making it long enough to enter and blow up an Air by accident. You might also try your Solo I charger. It's a bit over ratings, it'll probably overheat if you use it too long but it will work for a short test (at least it did when I tried it). Likewise, trying the new charger in old Solo might help find the problem?

The connector or it's attachment to the PCB in the unit can always be a problem (poor solder connection?), my experience is the connector on the charger is much more likely the problem. Trading the whole thing will of course send the problem somewhere else.......

As ever, your call of course. Good luck with it.

OF

thx1138

I'll try a few of the tips offered, thank you for your help. The plug is clean.

Its likely a contact issue in the Solo II's charging port.

Last edited:

MileHighHuman

Sorry for the off topic question. But how large are the Solo's screens?

A photo showing next to another vaporizer's screen would be perfect

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: OF

OF

Sorry for the off topic question. But how large are the Solo's screens?

A photo showing next to another vaporizer's screen would be perfect

The flat is just under 1/2 inch (.472 on the one I just measured), so stock half inch screens fit fairly well. Most of us used 5/8 so they would sit at the bottom and retain well when emptying and filling.

Some used 3/8 but they fall out. As posted above there were lots of experiments using formed screens from other vapes, none overly successful?

Then, when Sinclue found the domed screens specifically made for Solo/Air stems, we mostly abandoned the fine mesh ones that don't really fit well for heavier ones that do. They are recommended over all the others I've tried (that includes the various offerings from Planet Vape).

Your call, but that's the advice based on lots of experience you're welcome to repeat.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This should not be the case with the Air.....mine produces tons of vapor and taste at the white/purple/pink headt setting...375 i believe.

It could be your battery is no good, or your herbs are not dry enough. But either case...the Air has plenty of power to use with any size water unit...I use small ones up to a big one.....no issues with any water units for me. Hope this helps.

That said....I'm finding it hard holding out for a Air2 version......the Solo2 is in the forefront of my next purchase.

jyJbLbJ.jpg

I want a SOLO 2 in blue!
To paint my container blue to match = CIVILIZED

MileHighHuman

The flat is just under 1/2 inch (.472 on the one I just measured), so stock half inch screens fit fairly well. Most of us used 5/8 so they would sit at the bottom and retain well when emptying and filling.

Some used 3/8 but they fall out. As posted above there were lots of experiments using formed screens from other vapes, none overly successful?

Then, when Sinclue found the domed screens specifically made for Solo/Air stems, we mostly abandoned the fine mesh ones that don't really fit well for heavier ones that do. They are recommended over all the others I've tried (that includes the various offerings from Planet Vape).

Your call, but that's the advice based on lots of experience you're welcome to repeat.

OF

Hey thanks for your detailed response. I dont even own an Arizer Solo. I just see they sale screens for super cheap and I'm wanting to pick up a pack for my Herbalizer. Lol.

Sorry to derail the thread. But they do offer some very nice priced screens :brow:

But anyways, just measured my herbalizer screen and its just over 1/2 inch. Dang :ugh:

Thanks for taking your time to save me the hassle and cash :rockon:

OF

Hey thanks for your detailed response. I dont even own an Arizer Solo.
But anyways, just measured my herbalizer screen and its just over 1/2 inch. Dang :ugh:

Probably 5/8", next standard size up from 1/2. You should be able to get 100 of them from Amazon or EBay for a few dollars. Nothing special, fine SS mesh punched out by the thousands.

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSCITY-Qua...qid=1503685068&sr=8-5&keywords=5/8+ss+screens
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-x-Stain...605530?hash=item33abcc009a:g:q48AAOSwLVZVsB7c
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-5-8-62...312372?hash=item51b5bb7574:g:KMMAAOSwx-9W1GiE

OF

Top Bottom