• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I can't speak to whether Ed's stems fit the SOLO 2, but I saw on @PlanetVape website that PVHES stems would not fit a SOLO2.
Thanks (sick)man for posting this, I didn't see that on PV when I got mine but haven't looked in a while. FWIW, my PVHES Stealth cracked & chipped a bit first time I tried to use it. Still functional but I'm leary of using it, scared of a bit of glass breaking lol... However, my PVHES Shorty Straight Turbo fits well, never a problem. Was thinking of acquiring a couple of other shorty stems in the near future but now: indecision!

Guess I've been lucky in the glass department as that's the only breakage I've incurred in my admittedly short vaping career. I would love a Solo 2 stem from @Ed's as well, but I can't imagine that's high on his list. His range of beautiful logs are surely keeping him busy I would guess. Thank you @artist for sharing your "filing" info! That's probably the only way I can get one of Eds (for my Solo 2 anyway) and for sure the quickest! I had wondered if a modification might be made, thanks to you now I know. Give yourself a FC gold star and move to the front of the class!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
My 3 inch @Ed's TnT WonG with the turquoise inlay pictured above using it as a WonG with my D020 bubbler doesn't fit the Solo 2. I can't insert it. It's too tight. I use that 3 inch WonG as a mouthpiece as well using my Solo OG.

Edit
Ed will have to make a stem a hair smaller around. I'm not sure if he's been able to get a Solo 2 for measurements?

Good morning, I cant remember how long ago it was when you got the stem from me Carol, I am figuring its been a while for sure. I just made a Solo stem that I know a guy here at FC won it on an IG giveaway thing I did, he took a pic of it to show it off and it was in a Solo 2 looked to fit fine. I cant remember his user name, its early here this morning but hope he will see this info of not I will try and find him on IG.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Still really loving my Solo 2. I took it on vacation a couple times so far this summer. Great to have a portable with good flavor like a desk style unit.

A coarse grind and temp of 375 to 380 seem to be my sweet spot. Love using the shorter stem as well as the longer one that comes with the unit without a screen. I like the little bubbler stem as well. The containers that the 2 stems come with do a good job of cutting down on the smell if the stem needs a cleaning while transporting.

Smell can be an issue with this unit IMO so keep things as clean as possible. I wonder if not being able to open the top and screw it off and clean might add to the smell? This doesn't deter my enthusiam for this portable. If you need stealth use another vaporizer.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yesterday was cleaning day so everything got cleaned including my bent stem. Got it nice and sparkly, pretty much brand new looking. Decided to vape without the screen and wow that makes a difference. Way smoother it seems (coulda just also have been that it was clean so it seemed smooth). But man, that sesh was sublime. So so flavorful. Stayed between 365 and 395. Mostly lower end, 395 to finish 'er off. Packed about a half bowl. Definitely recommend. (Don't grind too fine).

B33uLJu.jpg

BigJr48

Yesterday was cleaning day so everything got cleaned including my bent stem. Got it nice and sparkly, pretty much brand new looking. Decided to vape without the screen and wow that makes a difference. Way smoother it seems (coulda just also have been that it was clean so it seemed smooth). But man, that sesh was sublime. So so flavorful. Stayed between 365 and 395. Mostly lower end, 395 to finish 'er off. Packed about a half bowl. Definitely recommend. (Don't grind too fine).

B33uLJu.jpg

Where can I get a blue stem???

BigJr48,
Reactions: JCharles

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
The blue stem is for the Milaana, not the Solo 2!
It is still a good question. Where can we get blue stems for those of us who have a blue Solo 2? I am not sure where to get OEM stems for my Solo 2 except from Arizer directly.

Little Bill,
Reactions: AJS

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
It is still a good question. Where can we get blue stems for those of us who have a blue Solo 2? I am not sure where to get OEM stems for my Solo 2 except from Arizer directly.

Just a quick reminder, when ordering stems from Arizer there is an allowable variance in length. Upto 5mm - pictured is 115mm (Arizer oem replacement 110mm stem), 110mm (came in the box), 90mm (came in the box)

http://imgur.com/a/UgZ6M

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Still really loving my Solo 2. I took it on vacation a couple times so far this summer. Great to have a portable with good flavor like a desk style unit.

A coarse grind and temp of 375 to 380 seem to be my sweet spot. Love using the shorter stem as well as the longer one that comes with the unit.

Same here, took the solo 2 to the lake for a week. I loved my morning and evening sessions, just so peaceful listening to the waves hit the shore while I hit the solo 2....:love:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Got a bum Solo II. Getting Error 7 and Error 5 messages. Looks like I'm the first, again. Same day my Fusion Drive went south on my iMac. Mercury is in retrograde. Fuck everything!
Sorry to hear about your Solo II. I, too, had an Error 7 occur with my first unit.

Unless the process has changed, you will have to contact Arizer directly, not the retailer you bought it from. Arizer told all the retailers to have the customer deal with them directly for repairs, replacements, etc. I believe the instructions are on the 'Support' page of their site.

They were pretty good about getting me a replacement unit quickly. Good luck, Sir.

Pappy

shmaporist
Sorry to hear about your Solo II. I, too, had an Error 7 occur with my first unit.

Unless the process has changed, you will have to contact Arizer directly, not the retailer you bought it from. Arizer told all the retailers to have the customer deal with them directly for repairs, replacements, etc. I believe the instructions are on the 'Support' page of their site.

They were pretty good about getting me a replacement unit quickly. Good luck, Sir.
Thanks @WildChild. Arizer's first pro forma response was to repair it. I contacted Steve and Kevin to protest and Kevin immediately agreed to replace it with a new one. Beware of Error 5, it was accompanied by herb combusting in the oven.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Thanks @WildChild. Arizer's first pro forma response was to repair it. I contacted Steve and Kevin to protest and Kevin immediately agreed to replace it with a new one. Beware of Error 5, it was accompanied by herb combusting in the oven.
Cool...happy to hear you will get a new one. I never did figure out what 'Error 7' was.

Green Kiwi

interesting ..... i got a bowl combust a week ago, without any error code being seen.
I just assumed a little buddust would be the culprint on the temp sensor???...
Soo after a blowtrough with the air compressor, and some bowl scrubbing, i continued to use it,now say 60 stems further,the bad combustion smell is finally gone.
i think i continue to use it instead of sending it in for warranty,as it only happened once, and i REALLY REALLY, like this solo2!:p:cool:.

Kryniu

How would you compare Solo II and Air? I own Air but the heater seems too weak to use it with water pipe - I get hardly any vapor and after each hit vape has to return to set temperature. Is Solo II better solution for WPA?

Kryniu,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Kryniu welcome to FC.
The Solo 2 is hands down a better vaporizer than the Air. I have had an Air for a couple years.
Arizer has taken care of the milkshake draw. They were listening to the masses.

Its way easier than before. It has the digital temp which is a fave nice little additions to the Solo.
The new Solo is very easy to set your desired temperature and how long of a session you want. Using a water tool is easy just buy a GonG but the one you have with the Air may fit.

The flavor is great with this Solo on par with the Solo OG.

The battery with this unit is way stronger than the Air's battery or the OG Solo's. The heat doesn't go down after a draw, the heater doesn't need much if any recovery time.

My other Solo OG has the chipping bottom plate problem. This one has a nice sturdy metal plate on the bottom. Its built like a tank. The temp display screen could break I suppose if dropped. I don't want to find out.

You really cant go wrong with this unit. We have seen only a few so far that had to be returned for warranty. This is my fave portable lately.

I'm working on a honey resined stem for hot cocoa. That is the smaller stem below.
What's in your Solo? I have some AK-47 in mine.

• Oqjh5PG.jpg

Last edited:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

How would you compare Solo II and Air? I own Air but the heater seems too weak to use it with water pipe - I get hardly any vapor and after each hit vape has to return to set temperature. Is Solo II better solution for WPA?

See the above videos, as well as https://www.instagram.com/p/BXomPjGDw2w/

The Solo 2 is perfect for water pipes.

@CarolKing well said!! I agree - I really want a mystic blue

Top Bottom