Arizer Solo II

DocH

I don't use that exact stem, but I use a little mini bubbler stems
that's basically the exact same concept. With enough rinses you should get everything out. Smoothness is great. Still some scratchiness on the upper temp sometimes but the heat is mostly gone. It's a nice enjoyable experience imo. Not the same as a regular bubbler, but not the same as a regular stem either. It's pretty much exactly what you'd guess as an imbetween.

Edit: here's a vid of me trying to get the fattest exhale clouds possible using the mini bubbler stem.

Thanks for sharing your experience @AJS.

@DocH I haven't cleaned my little bubbler from up above yet. @OF suggested flushing the bubbler with water eventually it will be clear. I was able to get almost all my water out of the bubbler except for a drop. I don't know but I would think that would evaporate @OF would know more or @AJS since I just got mine and dont have as much experience.

@CarolKing.....what's your technique to only have a drop left?

Edit: Actually, I think I got it....just blowing fairly strong air pressure several times down on the draw end seems to push most of it out. Hey, wait.....isn't it more satisfying/fun drawing air the other way?:D

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Thanks for sharing your experience @AJS.

@CarolKing.....what's your technique to only have a drop left?

Edit: Actually, I think I got it....just blowing air pressure several times down on the draw end seems to push most of it out.
I blow on the one end, the tip where you draw from a few times and then I shook it several times as well. Mine is already dirty but I will clean it when I get my PBW in the mail. I just bought a pound. It was only $13.

OF

That PBW product looks good on many levels as a cleaner....I'm also going to pick some up myself.

I agree. I think of it as a 'super detergent'. Not only is it a very effective conventional alkaline detergent but it comes with buffers and other agents so it keeps working even in very hard water. Or 'off pH' water. Whatever ya got. And agents for 'free rinsing'. On top of that it uses 'Oxyclean Technology', like on TV, it releases O2 gas bubbles that 'get under' stuck on stuff (like bubbles in a beer glass, forming at flaws) prying it free. Kinda fun to watch folks with really nasty neglected bongs from their blazing past see it in action. You know the piece, the one they keep hidden? The built up junk literally breaks free, much to their delight.

Lots of stuff not normally needed, drives up the cost, but when the chips are down it's gonna get it done if anything can. IMO just what we need for our little problem. Which is very similar to what Coors set out to solve? And IMO scored.

OF

DocH

I agree. I think of it as a 'super detergent'. Not only is it a very effective conventional alkaline detergent but it comes with buffers and other agents so it keeps working even in very hard water. Or 'off pH' water. Whatever ya got. And agents for 'free rinsing'. On top of that it uses 'Oxyclean Technology', like on TV, it releases O2 gas bubbles that 'get under' stuck on stuff (like bubbles in a beer glass, forming at flaws) prying it free. Kinda fun to watch folks with really nasty neglected bongs from their blazing past see it in action. You know the piece, the one they keep hidden? The built up junk literally breaks free, much to their delight.

Lots of stuff not normally needed, drives up the cost, but when the chips are down it's gonna get it done if anything can. IMO just what we need for our little problem. Which is very similar to what Coors set out to solve? And IMO scored.

OF

Good points. Yes, our combo Colorado River/underground water here in the low desert is high PH/very hard so certainly the aspects of this cleaner is a plus on that point. Oxygenated bleach is a great cleaner for sure. Sounds like the PBW product and the other components it contains make it an ideal cleaning solution for sure. Just ordered 1 pound of 5 star PBW to clean the new Solo water stem and the OEM factory Solo stems. Got it for $10.95/shipping included and should last a good long time on these little stems/cleaning them.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
For any Canadians, the PBW on Amazon.ca is a 15.65 plus 8.99 shipping.

It's better to order direct from Ontariobeerkegs.com - I paid 9.99 per pound and 8 or 9 bucks shipping. I ordered 2lbs and a bunch of wedge corks.

Torontobrewing was around the same price.

Is it safe to use on silicone parts. I'm thinking pax mouth pieces or the end caps for arizer stems?

And will this stuff clean my Keurig?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Mine is already dirty but I will clean it when I get my PBW in the mail. I just bought a pound
An important caution for new PBW users. It is a superb cleaner but if you soak pieces too long OR add too much PBW that doesn't dissolve, then it can leave some white stains that really tough to erase.
1. use very very hot water in a separate container to mix it thoroughly, instead of putting powder inside your bubbler and then adding water---you will get white crude on the innards.
2. use way less PBW than recommended
3. soak for 15 minutes maximum
4. use another cycle with new mixed PBW if first attempt doesn't remove all crude....rather than
extending soak for hours or mixing very heavy dose etc.

It works great. For example, a soak might be 8 oz of hot water mix and 1/4 teaspoon of PBW.
Those pounds of PBW should last a looooong time ;)

LIGHT mixture, TOTALLY dissolved , and LOW amount of soak time = love of PBW :)

OF

Is it safe to use on silicone parts. I'm thinking pax mouth pieces or the end caps for arizer stems?

And will this stuff clean my Keurig?

Yes, it's got to be safe for seals, right? I've had no troubles with any 'plastic' parts, same as you'd expect in the dishwasher. As posted above, don't go nuts with soaks. I've never had troubles but some guys have reported it. FWIW the effect doesn't seem confined to 'cheap glass'. Use as directed and you'll be fine.

Do NOT use it on your Space Cast or other Aluminum thing. This is aggressive stuff, it gets under the finish and that's the end of that........

Keep it hot and fresh (rinse and replace every five or so minutes, parts of the PBW are consumed and need replacement. Agitate enough so you get stuff sloshing around inside so fresh chemical is presented to the nasty stuff. I do it a few times in the five minute 'soak'. Give it time. I think you'll be impressed.

Stems like this are easy. I put a pinch of PBW in the 'travel tube' and fill about 2/3 full (it goes up some with the stem, you don't want it full) and cap it and shake a bit to dissolve. Be careful uncapping it can have some pressure buildup. Drop in the stem, cap it, shake twice and wonder off. A couple minutes later the tea water is boiling, I shake it again, and start the brew. A shake then, followed by rinse leaves me with a clean, filled stem before the tea is done.

You're on your own with the coffee maker, I'm a tea drinker..... But it did a great job there on the stains in the bottom of the teapot......

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

FYI I just measured the available battery capacity in my Solo at 2750mAh. Well actually 2738 but I think 2750 is 'close enough for jazz'.

I did this with a modified integrating USB port tester like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-USB-Cha...964859?hash=item4661b5087b:g:g0gAAOSwBOtY9G6N

These guys 'sum up' (integrate) the current a couple of times a second, displaying the total until it's reset. Normally it a has a 7 Volt maximum and we need 12 so I modified it to make 5 VDC from the 12 coming in to run on. Anyway it displays the total recharge current in one mAh steps.

This is not the capacity of the pack (listed on it at 3400mAh) but the part of that range available to us (Solo has a 'safety margin' at least on the bottom (probably top some too?) to protect the pack. This not only is protection from deep discharge (bad idea WRT battery life span) but as the pack ages balance can slip so one cell gets into trouble with low voltage while the total voltage (all Solo can work with) is still OK. That is while one cell is looking death in the face, the other still has a fairly good charge.

We get to use about 80% (2750/3400). IIRC Solo I allows about 1800mAh of the 2200, so 82% there? So we now have 50% more battery on tap. Quite handy, IMO.

OF

Edit: I forgot to point out another change. Where Solo I has seven battery steps (very easy to read), Solo II has five not so easy to read ones. A 'stealth step backwards'? But it is a pretty display.........

OF

Last edited:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Edit: I forgot to point out another change. Where Solo I has seven battery steps (very easy to read), Solo II has five not so easy to read ones. A 'stealth step backwards'? But it is a pretty display.........

OF

Agreed. A few extra steps on the Solo II or a percentage indicator would make it near perfect for me. As it is I only have to charge my battery every 2-4 days depending on usage (duration and temp).

It would be nice to have a new colour form every couple years to keep things fresh.

I do believe this is the portable vaporizer of the year (next few years perhaps?!?).

That Ghost MV1 thing is ugly but really the other competition this far. I don't need removable batteries as we all ready get 2 to 2.5 hours of usage (Still leaving some in the tank). And as Arizer has all ready said they will replace batteries for a nominal fee. The removeable loading chamber looks nice, but too many moving "proprietary" parts. I dont see longevity in that thing.

My Pax 3 is great certainly more portable and "pretty" but efficiency and maintenance put the Arizer well above it.

I don't have any interest in the butane vape market. The VapCaps look great but I'm clumsy enough to hot lip it or drop a hot cap in my lap and burn pot holes in my favourite clothes (remember joints back in the day).

Here is some Red Congolese (Sativa) milk. So smooth.

28auiko.jpg

DocH

Tried the water filled stem I bought from puffitup last night with the Solo II. Was most impressed. Ultra smooth vapor from it at my standard 375 F. I was going to look into buying a large water pipe with a stem bridge like many have done here but with the quality I'm getting with this all in one stem, I think that's a no go at this point.

The OEM factory stems for the Solo II......while I wouldn't call the vapor harsh, I found it more comfortable/less drying on the throat to drink a sip of water every few pulls using the OEM stems. With the water stem, I found that step not at all necessary. Makes logical sense given the vapor has some moisture content mixed in with it/cools the throat a bit as it hits the throat. And I was able to take decent draws without feeling any dryness on the throat whatsoever. In addition, as mentioned by some others, very impressed with buying from puffitup. Ultra fast shipping.

Last edited:

CarolKing

@Stormsend the bubbler pictured above the D020 from DHgate works well and it's not expensive. I'm not sure if @Ed's TnT has the dimensions for the Solo 2? My WonG made for the original Solo doesn't fit. It won't go completely into the oven of my Solo 2. He would need to make it a tiny bit smaller than the one I have. Maybe his Air WonGs work? I don't have any for my Air.

Edit
You would need a 18mm size, by the way. It's always nice to have a 14mm too if you happen to get another bubbler that requires that size.

Here's the link.

D020 Bubbler Hand Blown Glass Vase Perc Water Percolator Smoking Color Pipe Two Functions Perc Water Percolator Percolator Smoking Hand Blown Online with ... - DHgate.com
DHgate.com › store › product › d020-bu...
free shipping, $31.45/piece:buy wholesale d020 bubbler hand blown glass vase perc water percolator smoking color pipe two functions glass on becky30000's Store from DHgate.com, get worldwide delivery and buyer ...

Last edited:

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
What a pleasant surprise! I was expecting an evolutionary upgrade. The Solo II is a new vape from the ground up. I'm proud of Arizer! Solo II's Apple-esque packaging is a far cry from the original which didn't bother to hide it was an offshore import. The clever packaging extends to the accessories whose containers can be used for cleaning and herb storage. The fit and finish is best in class, professionally designed and engineered. I like the oval shape and crisscross vent which is a homage to Pax? The software, navigation, and LED program is simple but polished and controls a subset of useful features. The most revolutionary upgrade is the battery life. I've been hitting this thing 2 fucking days and haven't had to charge it. I <3 my Solo II. One badass vape!

35684781555_56657b81e1_c.jpg

Stormsend

@Stormsend the bubbler pictured above the D020 from DHgate works well and it's not expensive. I'm not sure if @Ed's TnT has the dimensions for the Solo 2? My WonG made for the original Solo doesn't fit. It won't go completely into the oven of my Solo 2. He would need to make it a tiny bit smaller than the one I have. Maybe his Air WonGs work? I don't have any for my Air.

Edit
You would need a 18mm size, by the way. It's always nice to have a 14mm too if you happen to get another bubbler that requires that size.

Here's the link.

D020 Bubbler Hand Blown Glass Vase Perc Water Percolator Smoking Color Pipe Two Functions Perc Water Percolator Percolator Smoking Hand Blown Online with ... - DHgate.com
DHgate.com › store › product › d020-bu...
free shipping, $31.45/piece:buy wholesale d020 bubbler hand blown glass vase perc water percolator smoking color pipe two functions glass on becky30000's Store from DHgate.com, get worldwide delivery and buyer ...
Nice looking bubbler, will I need to purchase the 14mm or 18mm water attachment? Also, any idea when Ed's TNT will make wooden pipes that can be used with the Arizer Solo 2?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
An important caution for new PBW users. It is a superb cleaner but if you soak pieces too long OR add too much PBW that doesn't dissolve, then it can leave some white stains that really tough to erase.
1. use very very hot water in a separate container to mix it thoroughly, instead of putting powder inside your bubbler and then adding water---you will get white crude on the innards.
2. use way less PBW than recommended
3. soak for 15 minutes maximum
4. use another cycle with new mixed PBW if first attempt doesn't remove all crude....rather than
extending soak for hours or mixing very heavy dose etc.

It works great. For example, a soak might be 8 oz of hot water mix and 1/4 teaspoon of PBW.
Those pounds of PBW should last a looooong time ;)

LIGHT mixture, TOTALLY dissolved , and LOW amount of soak time = love of PBW :)
I use dish soap & simple green and all my glass sparkles.

Why waste $?
8eHBKCM.jpg

Trying to waste $?
The curb with teenager's parking!
I threw my SOLO 1 in the pool!

It will not die?

Can't I have a SOLO 2?

OF

Why waste $?

Around you 'life is short, very short' from the glass POV. IMO strange time to get cheap, come on big guy splurge a bit it that's what they really want?

Your call, of course. But I'm trying to see it from their side here..... Isn't that all the rage?

Holiday regards to all. Good time for reflection on what we have, why and how.

OF

MinnBobber

Why waste $?
@ataxian,
Oh, the other function of PBW (the little known alternative) is PBW2, Precludes Broken Waterpieces ;)
It forms and bond with glass that protects it from falls up to 420 feet.

You'll save a fortune....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Around you 'life is short, very short' from the glass POV. IMO strange time to get cheap, come on big guy splurge a bit it that's what they really want?

Your call, of course. But I'm trying to see it from their side here..... Isn't that all the rage?

Holiday regards to all. Good time for reflection on what we have, why and how.

OF
@OF you perplex my thinking?
You could design a VAPORIZER better than anyone alive!

My SOLO 1 is great.
Yes I want a SOLO 2 however my SOLO 1 works fine? How do I reason this dilemma?

CANNABIS is my priority?

MAUI WOWIE grow out doors in HAWAII, ISLAND of MAUI? (I spell it the way I want)

SOLO 2 one day.

How can I kill #1? (it won't die?)

@MinnBobber I have {BWP; ALONOX; GRIME; BAKING SODA & VINEGAR}
I did have 40 setup's at one time. (just RO water + Dish soap + SIMPLE GREEN work's for me?)
Today I have 20 and 2 just purchased.
How is your crop doing?
Land is cheap where you live!

Last edited:

CarolKing

@ataxian you need to get one of these Solo 2s. I know you would love it. You and I like a lot of the same vaporizers. We need your input and thoughts about Arizer's newest portable.

I'm using a strain right now called Silver Tip. It's actually Montana Silver Tip but it's not called that on the container. It's a combination of Granddaddy Purple and Super Silver Haze. It's one of my favorites. I can only find it locally at a couple cannabis stores. It producer is called Raven Grass. Tastes awesome in the Solo 2.

Received my 6 inch qtips, actually they are made to clean guns with. They have a wooden stem. I'm trying to get as much resin as possible on my stem before I clean it. It's really starting to reek .:D

Last edited:

OF

Received my 6 inch qtips, actually they are made to clean guns with. They have a wooden stem. I'm trying to get as much resin as possible on my stem before I clean it. It's really starting to reek .:D

Very cool. If you did indeed get ones intended for gun use that's great! Guys that sell stuff sometimes exaggerate in the area, but the genuine ones are wound very tight. The heads are very hard (not like you want for medical use) and DON'T SHED like q-tips do. IMO the very best come with bamboo not Beech wood sticks, much better for scrubbing and poking around.

OF

Top Bottom