• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

Jblizz

New member here, seeking some help.

Took the plunge on a Solo 2. First thing I’ve done is attempt to charge the battery full.

Reason I say attempt, is that it appears to be stuck at 99%. Is this normal?

Edit: plugged it into a different outlet. It then got up to 100% pretty quick.

Last edited:

OF

Reason I say attempt, is that it appears to be stuck at 99%. Is this normal?

Edit: plugged it into a different outlet. It then got up to 100% pretty quick.

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum, lots of good folks around as I hope you'll find. Please let us know how you're getting on with your new vape? TIA

Secondly, great choice. I'm sure you'll be happy with it, 'everyone is'.

To your question, it's not typical/normal but it has been reported. Sometimes unplugging it and letting it start charging again (same outlet) 'fixes' it. It might not be the outlet?

The very first full charge on Li-ions (the class of battery used) is different than the rest of the 'cycles' in a couple of ways. First it (hopefully) 'fully forms' the electrodes. Notice it comes at about 60% charge? That's to ensure best battery life in storage/transit. You charge it to full for the first time, moving as much of the chemicals (charging) as possible. This sets the maximum possible ever, the first heavy discharge ends this opportunity to 'get the last little bit' out of them.

Secondly, there are two cells in the pack, in series so the total voltage is twice as high. To work well they must be balanced in charge (or the weaker, less charged, one it constantly hammered on deep discharges and fails first taking the pack with it. This second effect is, I think, what's in play here. AFAIK it happens only on the first cycle?

Anyway, charge it fully the first time, even 'overcharge' a few hours for maximum life. After that surprisingly stopping at say 90% will give maximum lifespan. Double, yes, double, what you get by going the last 10%. So if you want it to 'live forever' avoid the top bit and charge more often. Or just enjoy it.....

That is why you bought it, right? To enjoy? You can fuss over just about anything.

More info on this effect here:
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Check out the stuff around table 4.

Regards to all.

OF

OF

Awesome info OF, much appreciated.

No charge for new guys.........

Which means 'yer welcome'. Thanks much for the thanks, all too rare around here sometimes. Again, please join us and keep us posted as to how you're doing with Solo. Very versitle you know, no really wrong way to use it, so experiment around to find what you like. Be sure to try no grinding at all, just poke a nugglet into the stem and have at it. Do keep the herb 'well cured' (dry) going in, water content delays good vapor (you need to remove all the water before any useful vapor can form) and the moisture will condense inside the stem and get that old 'oil and water don't mix' thing going which fouls stuff up fast and messy.

Also you might want to order some of these screens:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Lots of us find them very useful with Solo. 'Dome up' they reduce the load size to about half (a useful session for many) so you always start with a fresh load. 'Dome down' they don't reduce the capacity much but either way they provide much more area for vapor to pass through than the four little holes in the stem so it fouls much much more slowly. Meaning more use between cleanings. Easy to clean, too, just pull them out, hold them in that old roach clip you don't use any more and use a small torch to heat them until they glow. They cool very fast and you can brush or even blow the ash off and put them back into service in under a minute. This is my favorite 'little torch type lighter' for such things:
http://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

You might order a couple of them as well? Very useful and tough. I've worn most of the paint off my primary one, but have one in the kitchen (to light candles and such) and one on the patio for the BBQ. Any similar one (like from a gas station?) will work as well.

Also the stems from PIU (great outfit, BTW) will prey on your mind until you try one,
https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm

They have a tiny bubbler ('water pipe') built in that does a good job for the tiny amount of water it holds. More over it has water traps built into it so it doesn't spill, even loaded and upside down in your pocket.... Handy to have handy when the mood strikes. They come in two lengths even. I clean it and the other Solo stems in the dishwasher, using a small plastic funnel and a piece of silicone tube to catch wash (or rinse) water to flow through them as they sit in the silverware tray with the forks and stuff. Super easy, if you have a dishwasher. You can even leave the screen in and clean it at the same time (keep the bowl down so it's the last thing washed.

Regards and best wishes to all.

OF

Alexis

Hey @OF nice to see you still so generously offering such thoroughm accurte and uself advice in the most friendly, tolerant nd patient manner. Thanks from the whole community. ;)
It hasnt been for me personally in this thread so far, but if I get myself one of these vapes at some point everything you have said and I'm sure would be on hand to offer advice on will be of great use.

I was just going to say that those types of cooling stems with water filtration really can be a right pain in the butt to clean if you don't have a dishwasher. Well getting it clean maybe it isn't so tricky, but getting all of the water out afterwards is the bit I dread.

I do actually hope to try a Solo 2 in the near future. I really want a nice bat powered vape, I only have Omnivap for portable.

I tried the Splinter Z and MV1 recently and am very intolerant to the vape sig of both. I cant use them at all.
I now need to sell my brand new 2 crucible only MV1 kit, then I may spring for a Solo 2.

I feel there is a much stronger chance I will be able to tolerate the Solo 2 vapor well without my typical device specific intolerance reaction to so many other top vapes especially the on-demand portables it would seem so far, with the exception of the vapcap.
All in due time. I may be back. Thanks again @OF .:tup:

OF

Hey @OF nice to see you still so generously offering such thoroughm accurte and uself advice in the most friendly, tolerant nd patient manner. Thanks from the whole community. ;)

Aw, cut it out, yer makin' me blush...... Glad to help when I can. Then again it's entirely possible you've got me confused for @ataxian, it happens. He's taller, and some narrow mined types say better looking. Women like him more, too......

I was just going to say that those types of cooling stems with water filtration really can be a right pain in the butt to clean if you don't have a dishwasher. Well getting it clean maybe it isn't so tricky, but getting all of the water out afterwards is the bit I dread.

I used to use a 'travel tube' from PV, basically the preforms for 'blowing' 2 liter bottles. Sometimes called 'baby test tubes' for some reason..... Hot water and detergent, be sure to consider PBW it's superior to everything else for the job IMO (and cheaper):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Upended it a couple of times (don't fill it completely) will flush fluid through it. Between (gentle) shakes it goes in a bowl of hot water in the sink. Then rinse it down the MP end to clear the detergent, then invert and blow out all you can. Perfectly filled and ready to go. No need to get it dry, but if you need too you can rinse with ISO which will evaporate easily?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Aw, cut it out, yer makin' me blush...... Glad to help when I can. Then again it's entirely possible you've got me confused for @ataxian, it happens. He's taller, and some narrow mined types say better looking. Women like him more, too......

I used to use a 'travel tube' from PV, basically the preforms for 'blowing' 2 liter bottles. Sometimes called 'baby test tubes' for some reason..... Hot water and detergent, be sure to consider PBW it's superior to everything else for the job IMO (and cheaper):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Upended it a couple of times (don't fill it completely) will flush fluid through it. Between (gentle) shakes it goes in a bowl of hot water in the sink. Then rinse it down the MP end to clear the detergent, then invert and blow out all you can. Perfectly filled and ready to go. No need to get it dry, but if you need too you can rinse with ISO which will evaporate easily?

OF
@OF you R much nicer than I.

Women I’m guilty of my share.

Look’s R relative 2 what family you were born from?

My OLD SOLO is still STRONG.
If I get a new one my family think’s I’m nuts?

I forgot 2 write THANK U 4 da GIZMO!

sickmanfraud

I cant use them at all.
I now need to sell my brand new 2 crucible only MV1 kit, then I may spring for a Solo 2.

You might want a trade? It may be better and less expensive all around. Shoot, I might even consider such a thing.

@OF you can be as modest as you like, but even though I appreciate @ataxian for being who he is, you have helped me more than anyone else on FC.

Everyone here has been great and I have no doubt we will continue to be as helpful as possible, but for vaping and battery advice, no one here beats you, dear friend, @OF.

OF

@OF you can be as modest as you like, but even though I appreciate @ataxian for being who he is, you have helped me more than anyone else on FC.

Swell, blame me...... After the fact you're writing me into the deal? Typical.

In a rare serious moment, thank you very much for the kind words. Helping good folks out is, of course, exactly my goal. Confirmation of success there is appreciated. Important to make a difference in life you know.

And while on the subject, I've noticed you guilty of that same 'helping others' more than a few times 'round here...... Good company.

OF

Alexis

You might want a trade? It may be better and less expensive all around. Shoot, I might even consider such a thing.

Everyone here has been great and I have no doubt we will continue to be as helpful as possible, but for vaping and battery advice, no one here beats you, dear friend, @OF.
Hi, thanks for the advice. Quite a price difference though, at £265 paid in a sale, I would hooe to get the Solo 2 for £150. And Im not so keen about trading a brand new vape for a well used one.

I hear you, but I think in this case it makes more sense to self first.

@OF hey we dont mean to flatter you, dont want you having an ego now, do we?
I was kind of joking myself, after you said loosely about appreciation being rare. But I meant it as well. Call it an excuse. Im sure many people take you for granted around here-

"Good old dependable, @OF , he'll be there...I can just go ask him...he's always polite and thorough.. he always knows the answer... he doesn't charge anything.... and I don't even have to say thank you".
:rofl:
So It's all very innocent of course, and Im sure the appreciation is there but it's still always a really good thing to acknowledge that now and then and say, "Cheers bro, we appreciate it. Keep it up." :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I know I can be a bit JADED.
Seriously I don’t have much knowledge!
Now like many I may have thoughts!
I want a GHOST 2 said I tried one.
A SOLO if you need something that works?

BLING/FUNCTION?
WANT/NEED?
FAITH/FACT?

@OF has a different POV?
He is a great source of information!

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I tried it and was disappointed but that was when they first came out........only one way to know eh?
R2me2 and I are having a lil session and it feels good..........I feel good just like I knew that I would.........lolz.
OF is a awesome resource who needs his own.sticky thread........sticky lolz.

sickmanfraud

Hi, thanks for the advice. Quite a price difference though, at £265 paid in a sale, I would hooe to get the Solo 2 for £150. And Im not so keen about trading a brand new vape for a well used one.

I hear you, but I think in this case it makes more sense to self first.

@OF hey we dont mean to flatter you, dont want you having an ego now, do we?
I was kind of joking myself, after you said loosely about appreciation being rare. But I meant it as well. Call it an excuse. Im sure many people take you for granted around here-

First off, what makes you think that all Solo 2 are well used? Someone could have just gotten one for the holidays. Someone else may have had one a while, but used it infrequently.

Regarding your 265 pounds, there was a used MV1 on the classified adds for 150 Euro!

There are a lot of MV1's (and Teras) "in the wild" due to Rough product roll outs.

And while on the subject, I've noticed you guilty of that same 'helping others' more than a few times 'round here...... Good company.

Following your lead.

Alexis

First off, what makes you think that all Solo 2 are well used? Someone could have just gotten one for the holidays. Someone else may have had one a while, but used it infrequently.

Regarding your 265 pounds, there was a used MV1 on the classified adds for 150 Euro!

There are a lot of MV1's (and Teras) "in the wild" due to Rough product roll outs.

Following your lead.
Well I would hardly call my MV1 used. Only 2 crucibles, otherwise brand new. It is the current updated model and it works perfectly.

Bought with the free and still unopened accessories in the sale, which likely wont be repeated until April.
I would hope to get most of my money back, I mean, its an excellent device, growing in popularity. I dont see the logic in swapping it for a £150 used vape, because some people are selling their used and in many cases older MV1's off cheap, in some cases to get the newer model.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well I would hardly call my MV1 used. Only 2 crucibles, otherwise brand new. It is the current updated model and it works perfectly.

Bought with the free and still unopened accessories in the sale, which likely wont be repeated until April.
I would hope to get most of my money back, I mean, its an excellent device, growing in popularity. I dont see the logic in swapping it for a £150 used vape, because some people are selling their used and in many cases older MV1's off cheap, in some cases to get the newer model.
I want a GHOST 2 say I have one!
Your EGO will be so perfectived?

I have a cheap blingless SOLO that works fine?
A GHOST is a dream machine.

Your EGO will thank U!

Last edited:

Alexis

I want a GHOST 2 say I have one!
Your EGO will be so perfectived?

I have a cheap blingless SOLO that works fine?
A GHOST is a dream machine.

Your EGO will thank U!
Fear not, my ego died a long time ago. It keeps trying to ressurect itself but I kicked it pretty hard into the curb, it's easy enough to just hammer it back down there when it tries to rear it's mug again. ;)

Jimiblues

A month in and the solo 2 works like a champ. I still can't get over how fast the warm-up time is. I used to have a routine for the arizer air to warm up. The solo 2 is ready to go after a sip of coffee. This is my favorite vape hands down
anything-else-would-be-uncivilized.jpg

Top Bottom