Arizer Solo II

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
Been trying to find a new, non water, option for a stem. Already have the long and bent ones. Anyone tried this:

https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-3D-Flow-Stem-p/qctq.airsol2-3d_flo.htm

Have a similar style one with divots for the Milaana and it works really well at cooling. Curious if this will also.

Thx!
I've never tried that one but it looks like it would catch any scooby snacks that would make it past the "screen" in the stem quite well. I was looking for a longer stem to cool the vapor a little bit more so i just ordered a J-hook https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/black-leaf-connector.html along with a GonG adapter from Arizer.
Supposed to be here Monday, will let y'all know how it works when it gets here.

Gigsabits53

Just did another session with Solo II and it was very nice. Started at 360 and the flavor at that temp is very good. I used the curved black stem for the first time, very cool. Bumped up to 375 and stopped at that temp. Light brown ABV looked good for another go at higher temps. I'm really liking this thing more and more. Huge bonus is the cleaning, basically non-existent. I like that alot :)

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
My J-hooks came in from da Netherlands yesterday and I like them alot! da extra length allows da vapor to cool to da point where I can rip on this thing for more than I have ever been able to before. Usually I would only be able to inhale for like 10-15 seconds before da heat would irritate my throat and make me stop. With this J hook I can double my intake length. If I had one complaint it would be that it is a tad bit long (8"). It works better in da OG as da base is a little more stable and seems a little top heavy in the II. Now da search begins for a 6" J-hook!

OF

I vape at 338 with my solo ll and am amazed at the taste and effect.
It gets even better with a wpa and a simple bong,minimal diffusion and a little water.

Sounds like good fun to me. I think it's worth reminding folks (or educating?) that just because some table somewhere tells you the boiling point of some chemical is XXX degrees, doesn't mean that vapor isn't happening at MUCH lower temperatures. Water boils at 212F, but rain puddles evaporate at a small fraction of that?

There's a property called 'vapor pressure' that spells out this rate. As temperature goes up, this pressure (amount that will turn to gas and evaporate) goes up. When this pressure reaches the "barometer pressure" locally is when boiling happens. This is why boiled eggs 'cook slower' in Denver, the altitude lowers the ambient pressure so water boils at a lower temperature. This is also how 'steam distilled' water is made in volumes, by putting a vacuum pump on the system less heat (temperature) is needed to boil.

It's not an 'all or nothing' deal.

So, even though you're well below the temperature the chart says doesn't mean THC isn't vaporizing......it clearly is. The rate is just lower, no big deal to a sipper? The key is, again, to experiment to find the results you want?

Regards to all.

OF

OF

Interesting I am always amazed that’s the solo ll is so effective at low temperature.
It appears that being pretty much at sea level is a contributing factor.

Actually it goes the other way. While not really significant, lower pressure encourages evaporation (which is why water boils 'sooner' in Denver) in a modest way. IIRC the vapor pressure formula doesn't have a pressure factor in it. It says something like 'at XX temperature there will be YY milimeters of pressure' and then boiling point is determined from that pressure (what temperature is needed to get to the normal 760mm of pressure at sea level (or wherever).

You should enjoy the same vapor at sea level as 5000 feet. The fellow that 'makes' hammer took one up in an open airplane to some silly height with sky divers. He reported the butane lighter (reason for the test) delivered normal vapor.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

Lflahx19

Hey guys. I'm totally new to the forum thing, don't do these often but I'm a solo 2 user since February, it's my daily because I need to keep smells down in my apartment. I'm having an issue with the stem wobbling in my solo 2. There's significant info online for the original solo o ring fix but obviously that's a different unit so I'd prefer more specific instructions for this unit if anyone's been here before. It's not the worst to have more airflow but I'm worried about it getting continually worse. But if anyone could point me in the right direction about that I'd appreciate it. This is my first post and I usually just stick to a google search so go easy on me please.

Lflahx19,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Welcome and it is normal for that to happen .........a non issue unless you want it to be.

arb,
Reactions: OF

OF

Welcome and it is normal for that to happen .........a non issue unless you want it to be.

Exactly so. 'Loose stem' is not a fault per the maker (he won't replace the unit under warranty for that). Not really an issue?

FWIW, the 'o-ring fix' for Solo I is NOT to 'fix' this. It's intended to grip the bent stem enough to keep it from rotating on it's own......which doesn't seem to happen with Solo II?

OF

ejackyou

Hamilton
I don't know if this will help now, perhaps the damage is done,
but I never leave the stem 'in' the solo, to cool, I have always
removed the stem immediately , before cooling.
Maybe this allows the O rings to expand better?
Or maybe there are variations in tube diameter, and you just
need to go to a shop that stocks stems, and try a few?

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
I don't know if this will help now, perhaps the damage is done,
but I never leave the stem 'in' the solo, to cool, I have always
removed the stem immediately , before cooling.
Maybe this allows the O rings to expand better?
Or maybe there are variations in tube diameter, and you just
need to go to a shop that stocks stems, and try a few?
I do the same, its also easier to tap out the abv.

I've received several stems that have had a flange on the rim that gets inserted into the oven from Arizer,
1 was almost 1 mm larger in diameter, thankfully Arizer has been more than accommodating in exchanging them. They are not going to be identical no matter what they do due to the manufacturing process but if you have force (you do want a little friction) a stem into the oven you are stretching that o-ring. Never force a stem into the oven, either hot or cold. If it doesn't go, it doesn't go.

Lflahx19

For some more info for you guys, I always take the stem out after I'm done with my sesh and they're always stored separately. I never put a stem in until my vape is up to temp, and I have only ever used the 2 stock stems that came with the device. My device always felt like drinking a crazy milkshake but I got nice milky hits off it. Lately, I've noticed that the stem wobbles and airflow has increased. It's an easier hit but you just don't get those clouds like I used to. As someone who occasionally likes to attach it to my rig, this has been, well, disappointing. So I wondered if there was any info out there on that. I'm pretty good at DIYing things so I don't care about warranty, I know I couldn't send this one back anyway. I may try and check out my local shop and see if they have one that fits a little more snug.

OF

I may try and check out my local shop and see if they have one that fits a little more snug.

Don't rush out before checking. There's no o-ring in there to change. There's a custom made seal with 3 ribs. You can see them looking in and feel them as the stem slips past each. All one piece? Not hardware sort of stuff.

You can put a ring above the oven under the cap as with Solo I I guess, but the gap is large so you'd need a very large cord ring not to slip out of the gap when the stem is out? Be sure to be careful of material, normal rings and seals are not up to the duty temperature wise. The face boiling water at most in their intended role. Stick with high temperature rated Silicone (almost always red/orange in color). Normal ones will 'harden up' and lose their grip quickly, not to mention out gassing stuff best not out gassed?

Regards to all.

OF

Lflahx19

An update for you all- as someone who does use the solo through a rig, I know the damage is my fault. But! I decided to investigate and took my vape apart. I'm feeling incredibly stupid but all I had to do was tighten the 4 screws around the chamber and it was back to normal. I just wanted to let you all know in case anyone has that issue. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Got a Solo2 on BF to replace my Solo1 (not heating anymore)

After couple of weeks I am happy with my choice and it will be in rotation as was solo, most of the times with an empty orbiter as stem (small tipped air stem, without plastic tip, make a perfect seal with 14mm joint btw.)

It hits as strong and as well as my OG one, finish is definitely improved (metal bottom means no more bottom cracks :) ) and battery life is impressing

Too bad they didn’t seal electronics though. If you blow gently into the vape while covering the supposed airport the air flow freely through the charging port on the bottom..like original solo

Also, with my original solo, with time stems fit so loosely that this allowed for less draw restriction without loosing vapor density, ok maybe a bit but the augmented flow i got simply by tilting the stem a little was a bigger benefit. Solo 2 has 3layers locking rings like air and my air never become loose so i guess this is the only downside for me

Anyway, happy to have a solo again

OF

Got a Solo2 on BF to replace my Solo1 (not heating anymore)

Too bad they didn’t seal electronics though. If you blow gently into the vape while covering the supposed airport the air flow freely through the charging port on the bottom..like original solo

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Solo II, FWIW this is the first time I recall a Solo I that 'just stopped heating'? Heaters can and do fail, of course, it's just this is the first such report I recall.

The cute little 'starburst' vent in the back is not the only way air is allowed in, it's not even the major one. The gap between the stem and the top plate is bigger in area than this vent, or so I convinced myself when I 'crunched the numbers' when I first got mine.. Confirmed by 'taping off' tests. I assume you had no stem in place (and the cap on) when you tested this, not how it's normally used.

I guess I understand the fear of 'evil electronic vapors' being ignorantly breathed in when vaping, I just can't support it. Technically I know of no risk here. Does anyone? Within a few feet of where I'm sitting are a TV (typically on when I'm around) and a computer monitor (basically always on) and it's associated computer (also 'always on') all of which have large vents that should be spewing such vapor all the time. More volume by far (they have a LOT more electronics, much running much hotter that the PCB in Solo). If those vapors really existed, surely I'd be exposed to far more from those sources than the fraction of time I suck on a Solo. I breathe a lot between Solo sessions after all. I assume most Members are similarly exposed. These same folks have no trouble holding their cell phones up to their face and brain with the established (harmful) radiation involved......

Risks are where you find them, but IMO we should stop inferring that 'non sealed electronics' is a risk or to be avoided unless there's a solid basis for this. New users are looking to us for dependable information to base decisions on. IMO this is not a negative on Solo or similar vapes, even if it's a popular 'selling point' with those who make and sell vapes.

Arizer seems to offer very solidly engineered products, far better than most? If this was a real threat, I'm sure they would know it and take care to avoid it. IMO concern with such sealing should not be part of the threat assessment/buying decision unless someone can actually document the threat? It's surely been 'investigated to death' without being discovered? No reason to avoid Solo/Air/ArGo for that reason.

Regards to all.

OF

Brian Patrick

Just did another session with Solo II and it was very nice. Started at 360 and the flavor at that temp is very good. I used the curved black stem for the first time, very cool. Bumped up to 375 and stopped at that temp. Light brown ABV looked good for another go at higher temps. I'm really liking this thing more and more. Huge bonus is the cleaning, basically non-existent. I like that alot :)

It is amazing how well the Solo II works at a variety of temps. I like how you can control getting more flavor or just quick hitting but adjusting the temp.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Solo II, FWIW this is the first time I recall a Solo I that 'just stopped heating'? Heaters can and do fail, of course, it's just this is the first such report I recall.

The cute little 'starburst' vent in the back is not the only way air is allowed in, it's not even the major one. The gap between the stem and the top plate is bigger in area than this vent, or so I convinced myself when I 'crunched the numbers' when I first got mine.. Confirmed by 'taping off' tests. I assume you had no stem in place (and the cap on) when you tested this, not how it's normally used.

I guess I understand the fear of 'evil electronic vapors' being ignorantly breathed in when vaping, I just can't support it. Technically I know of no risk here. Does anyone? Within a few feet of where I'm sitting are a TV (typically on when I'm around) and a computer monitor (basically always on) and it's associated computer (also 'always on') all of which have large vents that should be spewing such vapor all the time. More volume by far (they have a LOT more electronics, much running much hotter that the PCB in Solo). If those vapors really existed, surely I'd be exposed to far more from those sources than the fraction of time I suck on a Solo. I breathe a lot between Solo sessions after all. I assume most Members are similarly exposed. These same folks have no trouble holding their cell phones up to their face and brain with the established (harmful) radiation involved......

Risks are where you find them, but IMO we should stop inferring that 'non sealed electronics' is a risk or to be avoided unless there's a solid basis for this. New users are looking to us for dependable information to base decisions on. IMO this is not a negative on Solo or similar vapes, even if it's a popular 'selling point' with those who make and sell vapes.

Arizer seems to offer very solidly engineered products, far better than most? If this was a real threat, I'm sure they would know it and take care to avoid it. IMO concern with such sealing should not be part of the threat assessment/buying decision unless someone can actually document the threat? It's surely been 'investigated to death' without being discovered? No reason to avoid Solo/Air/ArGo for that reason.

Regards to all.

OF

Not this old chestnut again. Great reply OF. It's just not an issue. Solos are great vapes.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I know, it's superfluous, but I wanted to state again how much I love my Solo II.
I would buy a new one directly and without any second thought if it should ever die.

Clearly the best battery driven and temperature controlled session vape that I own. :)

Love to Arizer, love to you all. And damn, am I stoned right now...

Top Bottom