Snavster

Almost exactly like Solo/Air, neither of which is known for having a 'too small' bowl. In fact many of us use domed screens to reduce the volume still further. ArGo's bowl is smaller in diameter but taller to compensate, the volumes are nearly identical. Since ArGo has more surface area, it might have a slight edge in heat up (if so too small for me to be sure of, too many other variables going on).

When I first got mine I did an "A/B test" between a freshly charges Solo and a freshly charged ArGo each loaded with the same herb from a 'stick the cold stem into the hot vape'. I think the first good hit came from ArGo, but past that minor point they were basically a push.

IMO if you like Solo/Air you'll have no complaints with ArGo.

OF

Thing is iv'e never used any of there vapes that is why im a bit worried about the size i've only ever used my friends vapes (long time smoker but looking to get into herb vapes).

Half the time i smoke my self, half the time i smoke with 2 to 5 people

Snavster,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thing is iv'e never used any of there vapes that is why im a bit worried about the size i've only ever used my friends vapes (long time smoker but looking to get into herb vapes).

Half the time i smoke my self, half the time i smoke with 2 to 5 people

Cool. IMO any Arizer product is a great choice for a 'first vape'.

Please understand you can't smoke and vape. One or the other. Like Pavlov's dogs, you've become accustomed to the toxic junk in smoke, it's part of the pattern of 'getting off' in your brain. Like the bells in the famous experiment and food. Your brain expects THC in exchange for the choking and coughing.

To 'get into vapes' you have to break that link. That means 'no blazing' for as long as it takes. A few days to a week or two typically. Zero. Even a few hits will reset the process. The 'high' is different, more clear and comfortable? But it takes some time and effort to get there. We all 'went through it'.

Afterwards, you'll find smoking is just as disgusting and foul now as when you first tried. Very very few of us ever go back, even occasionally. In exchange we get a 'better' high, see our weed bills drop to a fraction (most report down to 1/3 or 1/4 of before), lose 'red eye', smell better (you and your clothes) and get to live longer to enjoy it? Worthwhile exchange IMO. And as evidenced by the good folks here.

Welcome to the club.

OF

Snavster

Cool. IMO any Arizer product is a great choice for a 'first vape'.

Please understand you can't smoke and vape. One or the other. Like Pavlov's dogs, you've become accustomed to the toxic junk in smoke, it's part of the pattern of 'getting off' in your brain. Like the bells in the famous experiment and food. Your brain expects THC in exchange for the choking and coughing.

To 'get into vapes' you have to break that link. That means 'no blazing' for as long as it takes. A few days to a week or two typically. Zero. Even a few hits will reset the process. The 'high' is different, more clear and comfortable? But it takes some time and effort to get there. We all 'went through it'.

Afterwards, you'll find smoking is just as disgusting and foul now as when you first tried. Very very few of us ever go back, even occasionally. In exchange we get a 'better' high, see our weed bills drop to a fraction (most report down to 1/3 or 1/4 of before), lose 'red eye', smell better (you and your clothes) and get to live longer to enjoy it? Worthwhile exchange IMO. And as evidenced by the good folks here.

Welcome to the club.

OF

Cool, its either this or a tera so, then again might hold out for the new healthy rips.

Yeah bad wording on my part, was talking in general as i mostly smoke, when im with my friends who own a vape we do of course vape haha.

Yeah im looking forward to it from a health perspective too, joints are rough in comparison and hopefully stopping smoking joints will get me off cigarettes as well. Cant just try and stop cigs and keep smoking joints, else i get tempted to smoke another cig. Break to cycle and hopefully add a few years to my life span lmao

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Got my ArGo today. Gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed so far. Love the size and feel but the performance seems lacking. My super old original Solo seems to put out bigger/tastier clouds. Gonna use it some more and give it some more time. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

Brewervapesalot

Crank it to 428F. Draw slowly. Don't over pack. Produces very good flavor and clouds for me. Better or as good as my buddy's solo 1.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: arb

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Hilarious - The ArGo got me so stoned yesterday, that I packed the wrong end of the stem until the brim (must have stuffed nearly a gram inside) before I realized my mistake. Went to bed then, that was a clear sign not to have another bowl... :science::brow:

@Cheesequake: My Argo and Solo II produce the same kind of clouds (maybe the ArGo is a tiny bit harsher), so I am sure that you will succeed with it. Keep in mind that the heater is not as powerful and might take a little heat soak before you reach the same goal!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I get great vapor from 376 to the second half at 384F. If I went to 428....it would taste bad and way too hot...lol I am also using top shelf stuff.....and always through water.
I start at 365˚F and finish at 385˚F. I agree with you 100% on flavor and heat. Most of the time I use native or with an extended Aroma Tube, from time to time with the WPA.

I also try to avoid any unnecessary PAHs that come into play in those top temp ranges.

Has anyone seen Puffitup's tear down of the ARGO? The heating element/metal plate is housed in some kind of plastic. Does anyone have more information about that? That is part of the heated air path?

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Has anyone seen Puffitup's tear down of the ARGO? The heating element/metal plate is housed in some kind of plastic. Does anyone have more information about that? That is part of the heated air path?
That plastic would be a PEEK insulator. PEEK is very wear resistant and can withstand high heat. The actual oven is inside that so the PEEK acts as a buffer between the oven and the outer casing. I’m actually happy they use it. It’s not cheap material.

From a study on thermal properties of PEEK from University of Lancashire:

“PEEK has superior thermal degradation resistance, with a continuous use temperature of 260°C and a melting point of 343°C.17 The onset of thermal degradation resulting in mass loss occurs between 575-580°C.18 As shown in Table 1, this number is quite noteworthy in comparison to the other polymers listed.”

The inside of the oven only reaches a measured 220°, which is well under the “continuous use” operating temp of 260°. The melting point is a non factor. Your have to drop the Argo into a campfire to melt that plastic insulator.

PEEK is also recommended for use in “vacuum” environments due to low outgassing. So you don’t need to worry about inhaling PEEK fumes.

Last edited:

HerbGarden29

In fact many of us use domed screens to reduce the volume still further.

I hope I did not miss a link or anything, but where does one find screens like this? I am completely new to vaporizing, and my Argo arrived last week. I have yet to use it because I'd really like to only pack about half the stem.

HerbGarden29,
Reactions: arb and OF

OF

I hope I did not miss a link or anything, but where does one find screens like this? I am completely new to vaporizing, and my Argo arrived last week. I have yet to use it because I'd really like to only pack about half the stem.

A topic discussed over a hundred times in Solo/Air threads. A search of all thread for 'domed screens' limits at 200 posts. On this thread alone there are 14 other mentions, four by me?
http://fuckcombustion.com/search/63298881/?q=domed+screens&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=25853

Many/most guys dome their own (the end of a 'sharpie' being popular, some guys use a penlight battery. Some of us buy them (superior quality)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OF

HerbGarden29

A topic discussed over a hundred times in Solo/Air threads. A search of all thread for 'domed screens' limits at 200 posts. On this thread alone there are 14 other mentions, four by me?
http://fuckcombustion.com/search/63298881/?q=domed+screens&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=25853

Many/most guys dome their own (the end of a 'sharpie' being popular, some guys use a penlight battery. Some of us buy them (superior quality)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OF

Thanks for that. I did search for Domed Screens prior to posting and saw it discussed, but completely overlooked the link. Thanks for taking the time.

LabPong

Thanks for that. I did search for Domed Screens prior to posting and saw it discussed, but completely overlooked the link. Thanks for taking the time.

I use the screens that come with the air and solo. The fit those stems perfectly..but since the argo has a smaller diameter stem.....you can bend a nice lip in it to work well. I also use those screens to bend cones into for my vapcaps. I try to make it more like a right angle and not a cone....so it has a flat bottom and form fits the inner stem's bowl shape.

LabPong,
Reactions: arb

Mr.GoodK@t

We have two Mightys. I do not have an ArGo, but a buddy got one recently for his first device so I helped him set it up and have used it a few times. He chose it because he was looking for a pocketable, discreet device with user-replaceable batteries, so obviously the Mighty wasn’t up for consideration.

The ArGo draws like other Arizer portables, maybe slightly looser than the draw on my Solo I. If you keep the cooling unit and mouthpiece on the Mighty clean, there really isn’t much draw restriction at all. The ArGo gets me just as high as the Mighty, but I have to pull harder in the process.

Another thing to note is the difference in bowl size. Storz & Bickel love big bowls, and I’d say the Mighty chamber will probably hold 3-4x what an ArGo stem will hold, or maybe 2.5x if you’re using dosing capsules with the Mighty. I can’t even imagine trying to microdose with a Mighty, but I’ve seen some people here post here that they use domed screens as reducers in the ArGo stem to microdose.

Other non-performance comparisons:

The ArGo seems to come up to temperature slightly more quickly than the Mighty.

The ArGo gets hotter in your hand than the Mighty, which makes sense considering that a large portion of the Mighty’s body is designed to function as a finned heat sink.

It’s hard to find products that are simpler to operate than those designed by Storz & Bickel, and the Mighty is no exception. The ArGo is easy to operate, but you’ll want to glance through the manual if you weren’t born with the intuition that pressing and holding m and + simultaneously will power something on, etc. Speaking of manuals, why doesn’t Arizer make them easily available on their website?

The ArGo is actually a real-deal pocketable device, complete with “lockable” buttons so you’re not accidentally turning it on when you sit down. It’s smaller than a lot of my friends’ e-cig mods. I have small woman hands and can easily conceal it in my hand. Even with two hands I can’t come close to concealing a Mighty.

Cleaning the ArGo is very easy: use hot water or iso to clean the stem(s), then hot water or iso on a cotton swab to clean the bowl. Cleaning out the Mighty cooling unit is enough of a pain in the ass (IMO) that the only saving grace is that the material is opaque so you don’t have to watch it build up.

The Mighty would probably survive a drop onto a hard surface better than an ArGo with its glass stem and smaller body. I wouldn’t recommend dropping either of them though; we just got one of our Mightys back from RMA due to me dropping it badly enough that the cooling unit would no longer lock onto the body. Poor Mighty!

They’re both great devices from great companies. IMO they are pretty different from each other, which keeps it interesting.

If you would have to choose between the two which would you pick? For comparable sakes the crafty or the ArGO?

Mr.GoodK@t,

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
If you would have to choose between the two which would you pick? For comparable sakes the crafty or the ArGO?
I’ve never used a Crafty or seen one up-close, so I can’t really weigh in on that at all.

Ugh, we don’t do choices well in my house. We’ve been very happy with our two Mightys and my husband uses those as his primary vapes at home. I’m all about the Glass Symphony when I’m at home unless I’m lying in bed or moving around the house a ton.

I think he would choose the Mighty because it’s his favorite vape, though he’s already talking about taking my Argo to the golf course. I got the ArGo because I wanted something smaller to take on the go with me, share with friends on a bar patio, etc.

The Mighty is portable, but it is neither pocketable nor stealth. The ArGo is both of those. I like being able to carry around extra batteries and swap them. (The reason we have two Mightys is so that one can be charging while the other is in use). I like that it’s easy to clean the Argo and tell that it is clean.

What are you looking for in a vaporizer? IMO there’s no wrong choice to be made here because they’re both great as are the companies behind them. Which one you’ll be happiest with depends on your use case, I’d say.

Brewervapesalot

Argo review:

Pros:
1. Flavor is great at wide range of temperatures. I roll max, 428F, and first 2-3 draws are comparable to any convection vape at that temp. Very good flavor. You'll get another 3 to 5 draws of diminishing quality but flavor is never bad, like the latter draws of a pax, nor is combusting an issue. Lower temps better flavor, again comparable to any good convection vape, and more draws comparable to high temps as you would predict. Draws at high heat are much cooler than a vapcap and cooler than high heat on a pax 1, 2, 3.

2. Clouds. Very good to excellent cloud production at higher temps. Pack loose like a convection unit. Bigger clouds than a pax, smaller than big Evo clouds. As good as any portable at highest temp. Over packing will result in smaller clouds. Can puff draws, dont have to draw a long time which I really like. Pax like in this respect.

3. Draw resistance is very low. You have over packed if draw resistance is not easy.

4. Eaay to load. Simply press glass tube in herb. Medium coarse grind best for me.

5. Easy to clean. Hot water soak and rinse tube with alcohol if needed. Brush inside unit by heater. Nothing seems stain or stick to the stainless heater. I make sure the herb in the tube is slightly above the bottom of the tube so that herb doesnt touch or press against the heater and dirty it. Best thing is that instead of cleaning just change the glass tube and you're like new :)

6. Pretty stealth. Fits in pockets. Less stealth than pax 1, 2, 3. Reloading is best to have prefilled tubes as dumping spent herb requires non stealth maneuvers like blowing, tapping, scraping... Pop top is functional and clever.

7. Battery life is good. You'll get at least 5 or 6 tubes on high heat. Pass through charging and mini USB port is great. Can switch batteries :)

8. Customizable settings with easy multiple buttons. Totally manual but totally complete ability to change all settings, e.g., temp, lights, noise. Love beep when up to temp, wife doesnt, but can turn on and off.

9. Timed sessions. Maybe not as high tech as pax's sensing of non use, but ability to set sessions from a couple to 10 minutes or so totally works great.

10. Efficiency. You'll use half or less herb for same medication level as compared to pax 1, 2, or 3. Convection like efficiency.

11. Totally easy for new people or in a social situation. Simple to use.

Cons:

1. Price. I got mine for about $180. Seen as high as $250. This thing is really simple and there's little reason for high price IMO. If it was $100 to $150, I'd buy several.

2. Dumping out spent herb is not stealthy and glass tubes dont look cool in public. Mitigate this con by having a few tubes packed. But they're glass so need caps and something to put them in.

3. Probably break something if you dropped on a hard surface. Basically not as durable or water resistant as a pax 2, 3.

4. Gets hot. Some parts hot enough you can't hold it there for more than a moment.

5. Wont give you that best draw you've ever had like some high end vapes will do. Just solid performance.

In sum, I've used it every night and dig it. It already feels like an old stand by, not the best vape, but damn good.

Oogendoogan

Argo review:

Pros:
1. Flavor is great at wide range of temperatures. I roll max, 428F, and first 2-3 draws are comparable to any convection vape at that temp. Very good flavor. You'll get another 3 to 5 draws of diminishing quality but flavor is never bad, like the latter draws of a pax, nor is combusting an issue. Lower temps better flavor, again comparable to any good convection vape, and more draws comparable to high temps as you would predict. Draws at high heat are much cooler than a vapcap and cooler than high heat on a pax 1, 2, 3.

2. Clouds. Very good to excellent cloud production at higher temps. Pack loose like a convection unit. Bigger clouds than a pax, smaller than big Evo clouds. As good as any portable at highest temp. Over packing will result in smaller clouds. Can puff draws, dont have to draw a long time which I really like. Pax like in this respect.

3. Draw resistance is very low. You have over packed if draw resistance is not easy.

4. Eaay to load. Simply press glass tube in herb. Medium coarse grind best for me.

5. Easy to clean. Hot water soak and rinse tube with alcohol if needed. Brush inside unit by heater. Nothing seems stain or stick to the stainless heater. I make sure the herb in the tube is slightly above the bottom of the tube so that herb doesnt touch or press against the heater and dirty it. Best thing is that instead of cleaning just change the glass tube and you're like new :)

6. Pretty stealth. Fits in pockets. Less stealth than pax 1, 2, 3. Reloading is best to have prefilled tubes as dumping spent herb requires non stealth maneuvers like blowing, tapping, scraping... Pop top is functional and clever.

7. Battery life is good. You'll get at least 5 or 6 tubes on high heat. Pass through charging and mini USB port is great. Can switch batteries :)

8. Customizable settings with easy multiple buttons. Totally manual but totally complete ability to change all settings, e.g., temp, lights, noise. Love beep when up to temp, wife doesnt, but can turn on and off.

9. Timed sessions. Maybe not as high tech as pax's sensing of non use, but ability to set sessions from a couple to 10 minutes or so totally works great.

10. Efficiency. You'll use half or less herb for same medication level as compared to pax 1, 2, or 3. Convection like efficiency.

11. Totally easy for new people or in a social situation. Simple to use.

Cons:

1. Price. I got mine for about $180. Seen as high as $250. This thing is really simple and there's little reason for high price IMO. If it was $100 to $150, I'd buy several.

2. Dumping out spent herb is not stealthy and glass tubes dont look cool in public. Mitigate this con by having a few tubes packed. But they're glass so need caps and something to put them in.

3. Probably break something if you dropped on a hard surface. Basically not as durable or water resistant as a pax 2, 3.

4. Gets hot. Some parts hot enough you can't hold it there for more than a moment.

5. Wont give you that best draw you've ever had like some high end vapes will do. Just solid performance.

In sum, I've used it every night and dig it. It already feels like an old stand by, not the best vape, but damn good.
Great review. Only thing I disagree about is how hot the unit gets. But to be fair I use a grasshopper all the time and I’ve used so many portables that get so much hotter that I may have a different outlook here because of that. The way you recapped your review was great. I think this vape is good, it’s not some like amazing never been done before vape when it comes to vapor quality but it is pretty innovative with its form factor.

I also agree the price is a little high right now. Well with the summer sale at $200 I think it’s fair but at $150 this would be the vape everyone would and should get for the price. At $200 you have some other options but none that are as easy to carry. And for how small and stealth the Argo is, as you said the vapor really is great for such a tiny vape, and for any vape honestly.

I have too many vapes at this point and bought the Argo for on the go use only. I’ll usually pack 2 stems and bring a doob tube and an extra battery all in the case I got for free with my Argo from @cannabis.pro and it will last me all day out and about. I’ve yet to run out of battery life or material with this every day carry set up. Those extras from @cannabis.pro like the case, black stem and water pipe adapter made the $200 price more than worth it for me. But even tho I only got the Argo for on the go I always find my self packing a stem or two to enjoy at night. Never thought I would choose the Argo over my Flowerpot or glass symphony but at 380 plus the clouds are really nice and the vapor quality is good enough for me too choose the Argo over those for a session during a movie or while browsing the web.

The Argo gets me really high for how much it packs too. Some pure convection vapes can beat it efficiency wise but for what you can pack in the Argo stems they medicate me quite a bit. Anyways I just wanted to respond cuz your review basically echoes how I feel. Argo is great and the form factor is it’s number 1 attribute but the vapor quality and efficiency makes it a viable option for just about any situation.

LabPong

yup...any small vape like this one running 400F + is going to get hot.....where else is the heat going to go?

That said, I am a lower temp user as I start at 376 for a few...then finish it at 384F.

At constant use of the argo at 400F+.......is your battery shrink wrap deforming?

LabPong,
Reactions: OF

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
yup...any small vape like this one running 400F + is going to get hot.....where else is the heat going to go?

That said, I am a lower temp user as I start at 376 for a few...then finish it at 384F.

At constant use of the argo at 400F+.......is your battery shrink wrap deforming?
Fury 2 is smaller and I don't think it ever got nearly as hot as my ArGo does. Fury puts out way bigger clouds way faster too.

Cheesequake,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Fury 2 is smaller and I don't think it ever got nearly as hot as my ArGo does. Fury puts out way bigger clouds way faster too.

I also own both and would not compare them in a better/worse sense. They are different devices with a different profile and both are very good in their own class and individual setting.

Last edited:

LabPong

Yes...the Fury is probably the one small/tiny vape that has the best insulation from the heater. But what would happen if the Fury's had a removable 18650? Would be cool if they made that vape but slightly bigger, not as big as the Fierce. The part I would like bigger is the diameter of the bowl. The diameter of the stems is a big problem for me on the Fury's...way to small and pain in arse to load quickly and easily.

I do like Healthy Rips build quality for sure....just not the vapor quality compared to the Arizer's.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I also own both and would not compare them in a better/worse sense. They are different devices with a different profile and both are very good in their own class and individual setting.
But as far as cloud production, heat up time, and not getting hot go the Fury 2 is objectively better. My ArGo spits out clouds like I would expect a conduction vape that came out 5 years ago to perform. My Solo 1 puts out bigger tastier clouds on temp 4/5 than my ArGo does on any temp.

Edit: I was a huge fan of the Solo 1/Air 1 but the ArGo has been nothing but disappointing :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom