LabPong

Has anyone noticed a pleasant grape or berry taste with the Argo? It’s odd, vaping with the Argo is bringing out flavours in my flowers I’ve not tasted in other vapes I own. My other vapes are high quality also and one of them being full convection with amazing flavour and the others being hybrid heating, not too different than the Argo. It’s just like this grape jam kinda taste. I’ve noticed it’s in a few different strains and I don’t get that in my other units.

What other vapes do you use? And do you go through water?

LabPong,
Reactions: OF

aniceto

Hi everyone, I'm willing to purchase this one as a backup unit. I'd like to spend 100$. Is there evidence of any sale during the year when I can find this vape at 50% down? Black friday or something? which shop? preferably in europe please! many thanks

OF

Probably not..... grab a solo if you want cheap.

Agreed. This model is too new to expect deep discounts. Arizer will keep the price high for a while, based on the history with Solo I, Solo II, Air I and Air II.

We're seeing 'better' prices on Solo I now that Solo II has been out for a while.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
It has better airflow than the Solo 1. The battery doesn’t last as long but it charges fast. Or you can just switch batteries. My brother uses a Solo 1. I have the Argo. Both are nice. Argo is pocket friendly, but you give up battery life.
Is this true about the OG solo's with updated ovens with the bigger air channels?

KidFated.,
Reactions: OF

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
Is this true about the OG solo's with updated ovens with the bigger air channels?
I’m not sure. My bro bought his solo in 2012 when they first appeared. So it’s OG as they come. He had to replace the battery in it last year after all the years of use. It’s beat up but works like new otherwise. The airflow is kinda tight on it. We were talking yesterday about the vast difference between his solo and my Argo. The newer Northern Lights Solo likely has better airflow. I’m sure they opened up airflow on all their units to increase the convection action. I was looking at the tear-down review of the Argo yesterday. The oven is deeper and of course circumference is less than the solo, so I don’t know how the updated solo compares.

You can see them here. Air holes seem similar but not the same. Argo air holes still look larger. Add in the smaller diameter of the glass tube, and I think you’re getting more air per surface area of your bud in the Argo.
https://blog.puffitup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/arizer-go-argo-vs-air-2-chamber-.jpg

Brewervapesalot

Agreed. This model is too new to expect deep discounts. Arizer will keep the price high for a while, based on the history with Solo I, Solo II, Air I and Air II.

We're seeing 'better' prices on Solo I now that Solo II has been out for a while.

OF

So I was not gunna get one one at $250 to $280.

But enter "CCC10" as a coupon (https://cannabiscouponcodes.com/tag/arizer/?couponid=4701337&showid=4701337_286752629#itemid4701337) and purchase from Vapeworld (https://www.vapeworld.com/arizer-argo-vaporizer) and I could not say no at $183.00

:) :) :)

Brewervapesalot,

OF

I don't think so, that is later Solo Is (with larger holes) are basically the same as Solo II, Air and ArGo?

So I was not gunna get one one at $250 to $280.

But enter "CCC10" as a coupon and purchase from Vapeworld (https://www.vapeworld.com/arizer-argo-vaporizer) and I could not say no at $183.00

:) :) :)

"Every man has his price" or so they say. The important part is you use/enjoy your purchase.

I tend to take a longer view of vape prices. If it's a good choice, I'm going to put a lot of dollars of herb through it in it's lifetime. OTOH if it's a turkey there's no such thing as 'cheap enough'? A bit like worrying about a few MPG on a $40,000 car......only the other way?

OF

Brewervapesalot

I don't think so, that is later Solo Is (with larger holes) are basically the same as Solo II, Air and ArGo?

"Every man has his price" or so they say. The important part is you use/enjoy your purchase.

I tend to take a longer view of vape prices. If it's a good choice, I'm going to put a lot of dollars of herb through it in it's lifetime. OTOH if it's a turkey there's no such thing as 'cheap enough'? A bit like worrying about a few MPG on a $40,000 car......only the other way?

OF

I hear you, I ordered another pax 2 as well. If it's under $200, and especially if nearing $150, i pretty much just like these portable units gratuitously laying about my house, my workshop, where I brew beer, in camping supplies, etc... if I lose or break, try to warranty, but not expensive enough to lose too much sleep over it.

Since I grow, and share in a medical community, the cost of herb is just not a factor; it's deminimus; I'm extremely wasteful with herb, as it has no monetary value to me....

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I hear you, I ordered another pax 2 as well. If it's under $200, and especially if nearing $150, i pretty much just like these portable units gratuitously laying about my house, my workshop, where I brew beer, in camping supplies, etc... if I lose or break, try to warranty, but not expensive enough to lose too much sleep over it.

Since I grow, and share in a medical community, the cost of herb is just not a factor; it's deminimus; I'm extremely wasteful with herb, as it has no monetary value to me....
My kinda guy. In a hetero kinda way lol.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I cannot edit my previous post any longer, so here is the follow-up:

The Argo arrived this morning and I already had 3 bowls with it. I really like it. It is small, it offers vapor that is comparable to the Air II (maybe a little tad harsher), but it has that typical Arizer vapor profile, extraction is even, a session at up to 215°C gets the device hot, but far from unbearable (for me). The cell seems to last for quite some time, all good.

A real nice addition to the family. No regrets. I am not sure yet, whether I am fond of the sliding mechanism, but still a very nice device. I would not have paid more for it, to be honest, but at the reduced price? Just great!

LabPong

I cannot edit my previous post any longer, so here is the follow-up:

The Argo arrived this morning and I already had 3 bowls with it. I really like it. It is small, it offers vapor that is comparable to the Air II (maybe a little tad harsher), but it has that typical Arizer vapor profile, extraction is even, a session at up to 215°C gets the device hot, but far from unbearable (for me). The cell seems to last for quite some time, all good.

A real nice addition to the family. No regrets. I am not sure yet, whether I am fond of the sliding mechanism, but still a very nice device. I would not have paid more for it, to be honest, but at the reduced price? Just great!

Good to hear....it really is a sweet little device you can use in many different ways. For me.....I can't use without water.....so the aftermarket wpa's are a must for me.

Yup...the pop up top section I find is not needed. I would not mind if it was not there.

Kermitt

Sometimes I use the Argo with my water device. Since you only get this adapter in Europe with a lot of shipping costs, I help myself with a fat mouthpiece from the Vapcap. Is something fumbling, but then it also sits firmly and does not slip back down so easily

caliganja420

How is the vapor production with the argo? Really interested in buying one because of the price.
Should i expect Mighty performance?

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
How is the vapor production with the argo? Really interested in buying one because of the price.
Should i expect Mighty performance?
We have two Mightys. I do not have an ArGo, but a buddy got one recently for his first device so I helped him set it up and have used it a few times. He chose it because he was looking for a pocketable, discreet device with user-replaceable batteries, so obviously the Mighty wasn’t up for consideration.

The ArGo draws like other Arizer portables, maybe slightly looser than the draw on my Solo I. If you keep the cooling unit and mouthpiece on the Mighty clean, there really isn’t much draw restriction at all. The ArGo gets me just as high as the Mighty, but I have to pull harder in the process.

Another thing to note is the difference in bowl size. Storz & Bickel love big bowls, and I’d say the Mighty chamber will probably hold 3-4x what an ArGo stem will hold, or maybe 2.5x if you’re using dosing capsules with the Mighty. I can’t even imagine trying to microdose with a Mighty, but I’ve seen some people here post here that they use domed screens as reducers in the ArGo stem to microdose.

Other non-performance comparisons:

The ArGo seems to come up to temperature slightly more quickly than the Mighty.

The ArGo gets hotter in your hand than the Mighty, which makes sense considering that a large portion of the Mighty’s body is designed to function as a finned heat sink.

It’s hard to find products that are simpler to operate than those designed by Storz & Bickel, and the Mighty is no exception. The ArGo is easy to operate, but you’ll want to glance through the manual if you weren’t born with the intuition that pressing and holding m and + simultaneously will power something on, etc. Speaking of manuals, why doesn’t Arizer make them easily available on their website?

The ArGo is actually a real-deal pocketable device, complete with “lockable” buttons so you’re not accidentally turning it on when you sit down. It’s smaller than a lot of my friends’ e-cig mods. I have small woman hands and can easily conceal it in my hand. Even with two hands I can’t come close to concealing a Mighty.

Cleaning the ArGo is very easy: use hot water or iso to clean the stem(s), then hot water or iso on a cotton swab to clean the bowl. Cleaning out the Mighty cooling unit is enough of a pain in the ass (IMO) that the only saving grace is that the material is opaque so you don’t have to watch it build up.

The Mighty would probably survive a drop onto a hard surface better than an ArGo with its glass stem and smaller body. I wouldn’t recommend dropping either of them though; we just got one of our Mightys back from RMA due to me dropping it badly enough that the cooling unit would no longer lock onto the body. Poor Mighty!

They’re both great devices from great companies. IMO they are pretty different from each other, which keeps it interesting.

Last edited:

mario

I just bought one from 420vapezone since they had a sale that offered a LOT of extras and a great price. Paid $200USD for an entire kit!

It should be here this weekend. Currently I have a Mighty which I use every day with dosing caps only. A dynavap for when I am feeling fancy at home and want a smash hit. And I have a Grasshopper that I fear is running a bit on the cool side. Haven't decided what to do with that yet.

Moral of the story. The ArGo is going to be my pocket vape. This is my first Arizer product. So I'm glad to hear that I should expect similar feeling to the mighty just having to maybe use two bowls instead of 1. I'm excited to branch into the Arizer eco system. I feel like it is the only 'top tier' vape brand I haven't tried.

Top Bottom