LabPong

http://420edc.com/

I think I said in my previous post 420vapezone, I meant to say 420EDC. That's my bad. I was a little toasted at the time...

Got it.......

Nice deal on that package from 420EDC ! Anyone that wants an Argo.....should pull the trigger on this...best deal you will see for awhile I think. The free stuff is a huge value....the wpa alone is worth it to get.

Brewervapesalot

I just got my Argo. It feels cheap when you first hold it. As you use it that feeling goes away. Its solidly built but not a premium feel; it's mostly a cheaper plastic feel versus alloy, or a harder "metal like" plastic. Super portable. Light.

The stem is great. The pop top rocks. Clever, easy, functional. Reminds me of a pax 1 without the added maintenance.

Cranked it up to max, 428F, and packed pretty loose. It beeped when up to temp. Light flavorable draw with a low amount of draw resistance. Next draws got stronger. Good cloud production, not huge cloud production. Then I slowed my draw speed a bit.... Nice. Big. Clouds....

Flavor never gets terrible and starts out very good. The draw feels more convection like, the amount of herb used feels more convection like, and the loose pack feels much more convection like. That said, the flavor has the slightest touch of conduction pop corn flavor at the end of the session. The vapor is a touch warm, but not bad, much cooler than say a vapcap.

Tip the unit up side down when removing the stem or bits spent herb will fall out.

Cleaning is super easy. Carrying extra stems is super easy.

In sum, basically, after I read the reviews I felt optimistic that it would be a good vape, but not that it would be the best ever created. After hours of use, that's exactly how I feel now. Maybe a little more impressed.

For now I'll reach for this before my pax 2 or 3 when on the go.

It's a solid "B+/A -" vape when it comes vapor quality and production. An MV1 ghost for example has bigger cloud production and cooler vapor, so that's a "A" vape in my book vapor production wise.

As to portability, Argo is way better than most any vape.

mario

Mine is the mail and out for Delivery today so I can't wait to try this bad boy out. With all the extras that I got from 420edc I'm not even sure what to try first. I think I will do a normal session and then see how it does at high temps with the wpa on my Matrix Sidecar. :) I already have a Mighty and a Grasshopper so I am hoping that this adds another great section to my collection. So many choices for all the different ways I want to medicate. I love it.

LabPong

Mine is the mail and out for Delivery today so I can't wait to try this bad boy out. With all the extras that I got from 420edc I'm not even sure what to try first. I think I will do a normal session and then see how it does at high temps with the wpa on my Matrix Sidecar. :) I already have a Mighty and a Grasshopper so I am hoping that this adds another great section to my collection. So many choices for all the different ways I want to medicate. I love it.

Totally use the wpa in your sidecar.......you will like.

As for a couple things you can do.....try a screen in the bowl of the stem to keep the bits getting through. I usually stir it 1 time per bowl and it helps quite a bit.

The wpa is also nice to use as a mouthpiece instead of the stock one if you use it without water. I put a small piece of organic cotton in the wpa end and used it like that a few times without water....but I can not deal with no water usage on any vape. So I have a few really cool small water units and j-hook type of deals.

Also, a cleaning tip....after using it....blow through the bottom air vents below the stem/oven area. You can blow out a lot of the small particles this way. Then after it cools down at some point....i use a small brush to get the rest out.

Congrats on getting the Argo...it is a really nice little vape for sure. I use it slightly different then my Air's, so for anyone wondering if they should not get an Argo because they have an air...it is easier to use mobile or more discretely.

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion

Nice deal on that package from 420EDC ! Anyone that wants an Argo.....should pull the trigger on this...best deal you will see for awhile I think. The free stuff is a huge value....the wpa alone is worth it to get.

Just did. They had me at hard case! I was not even looking for another portable since we have two Mightys, but this deal and getting to use my friend’s ArGo pushed me over the edge.

Mine is the mail and out for Delivery today so I can't wait to try this bad boy out. With all the extras that I got from 420edc I'm not even sure what to try first. I think I will do a normal session and then see how it does at high temps with the wpa on my Matrix Sidecar.

The WPA is my friend’s favorite way to use the ArGo!

I have a “Pinnacle Micro Shower 14mm” that I used to use with my Solo. I am curious how ridiculous this would be to use with the ArGo considering that it’s about twice as tall...

OF

When getting batteries are they type A or type B (18650)? Matter?

I'm not sure what you mean by "type A or type B", sorry.

But I strongly advise that exact 18650. Arizer has selected the best available for the job, go figure. In the trade off of flat out current (which we really don't need) against battery life (which we want more of) they picked the 'sweet spot' of available high end 18650s. Any with 'more mAh' aren't up to the current needs, any with more current capacity are wasting run time to get it (and we never use it).

In our application it's an honest 3400mAh. Honest. Most advertised numbers are not......again go figure? Nobody beats it in real testing.

There are only four real maker of high end cells making suitable units. Of them, that Panasonic is the best available. Stick with it, anything else is 'not as good' for this use. There's a fellow called 'battery Mouch' or some such who expands on this, does huge amounts of testing for the E-cig guys, and is most wise. Good background there. Short answer: Use the exact same unit the Factory does.

Your call in the end.

OF

Snavster

How does it hold up in a session with such a small bowl? Just wondering as i might go for the Tera instead and stick a Argo stem in it (apparently the glass tera one gets very hot)

Snavster,
Reactions: OF

OF

How does it hold up in a session with such a small bowl?

Almost exactly like Solo/Air, neither of which is known for having a 'too small' bowl. In fact many of us use domed screens to reduce the volume still further. ArGo's bowl is smaller in diameter but taller to compensate, the volumes are nearly identical. Since ArGo has more surface area, it might have a slight edge in heat up (if so too small for me to be sure of, too many other variables going on).

When I first got mine I did an "A/B test" between a freshly charges Solo and a freshly charged ArGo each loaded with the same herb from a 'stick the cold stem into the hot vape'. I think the first good hit came from ArGo, but past that minor point they were basically a push.

IMO if you like Solo/Air you'll have no complaints with ArGo.

OF

Brewervapesalot

I'm not sure what you mean by "type A or type B", sorry.

But I strongly advise that exact 18650. Arizer has selected the best available for the job, go figure. In the trade off of flat out current (which we really don't need) against battery life (which we want more of) they picked the 'sweet spot' of available high end 18650s. Any with 'more mAh' aren't up to the current needs, any with more current capacity are wasting run time to get it (and we never use it).

In our application it's an honest 3400mAh. Honest. Most advertised numbers are not......again go figure? Nobody beats it in real testing.

There are only four real maker of high end cells making suitable units. Of them, that Panasonic is the best available. Stick with it, anything else is 'not as good' for this use. There's a fellow called 'battery Mouch' or some such who expands on this, does huge amounts of testing for the E-cig guys, and is most wise. Good background there. Short answer: Use the exact same unit the Factory does.

Your call in the end.

OF

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NCR18650B-Rechargeable-Battery-3400mAh/dp/B00DHXY72O

This says the Panasonic are the "B" type.

One of the comments says:

"Great battery. Be carefully about picking the right 18650 battery. There are Type A and Type B 18650. Type B has a flat positive end. Type A battery is little longer with a nipple positive end."

Thanks for the brand!

OF

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NCR18650B-Rechargeable-Battery-3400mAh/dp/B00DHXY72O

This says the Panasonic are the "B" type.

One of the comments says:

"Great battery. Be carefully about picking the right 18650 battery. There are Type A and Type B 18650. Type B has a flat positive end. Type A battery is little longer with a nipple positive end."

Thanks for the brand!

At the risk of repeating myself......I suggest buying THE EXACT MODEL THE FACTORY USES. Brand alone is not a useful guide. Many Panasonic models exist, only one is 'right'. 3 other makers offer high end cells, none of their offerings are as good in this application.

FWIW I think the poster there is wrong, 'button tops' are generally the same (maximum allowable length) but have slightly smaller volume than flat tops, therefore flat tops offer slightly better performance. Makers want as much volume as possible for highest mAh ratings? Then again, if you 'read it on the internet'........

Your call, but you asked advice?

OF

LabPong

At the risk of repeating myself......I suggest buying THE EXACT MODEL THE FACTORY USES. Brand alone is not a useful guide. Many Panasonic models exist, only one is 'right'. 3 other makers offer high end cells, none of their offerings are as good in this application.
OF

OF is the one pictured in the amazon link from Brewervapesalot not the exact one Arizer uses?

I need to get a couple extra cells for my argo and air2. Just want to make sure to get the exact same ones manufacture uses.

LabPong,
Reactions: Kermitt

OF

NCR18650A is not the same thing as -B with a different top:
https://www.orbtronic.com/batteries...rechargeable-18650-battery-cell-made-in-japan

It, too, is a flat top?
So much for 'facts' on Amazon...... Notice, please, it's a different version of the same basic 'trade off' offering slightly more current potential (which we don't need) in exchange for 10% less capacity, 3100mAh not 3400. That is 11.2 Watt hours, not 12.2. Shorter run time.

NCR18650A and NCR18650B are similar but different cells performance wise. Different trade offs. Nothing to do with tops.

FYI these and all other similar cells you can buy on the open market are not supported or offered for individual end users like you and I. They are made and sold for making battery packs (like for electric cars and laptops), technically they are all 'gray market'. Look it up. That's why occasionally 'honest' folks like Orbtronic sometimes sell counterfeits, they don't buy directly from Panasonic (or any other maker) nor from 'known good' intermediates (since none exist). This fellow 'battery Mouch' goes into great detail on this. Our best option is to buy from folks like IMR and Orbtronic (not less controlled sources like Amazon, where I have personally bought counterfeits) unless you 100% test what you get. And maybe not even then?

And again, there are only 4 makers of high end cells, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and LG. Everything else even close is a 'rewrap' of one of those four.....and subject to change what's under that wrap? Like anything with 'fire' in the name......

Buy what you want, but if you want the best performing 18650 for this application, the exact model Arizer used is the call? And from a reliable source.

OF

LabPong

Buy what you want, but if you want the best performing 18650 for this application, the exact model Arizer used is the call? And from a reliable source.
OF

Yes I want the exact same battery that came with my Air2 and Argo. Do you have a link to a US seller?

I have purchased the LG HG2's and various Sony's from IMR....

So is this one they have the exact same as Arizer uses? It is a non-protected, non-button top correct?

Brewervapesalot

https://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-chargers/panasonic-3400mah-18650-li-ion-battery-cell-ncr18650b

I assume these will do? Arizer's are $16 each and these at $6 each...

On another note, I was at concert last night, had the ARgo and the Pax 2 with me. Security was tight like I think it will always be now . The pax 2 i took and in with me and it just went into the security dish with the keys and sunglasses, no body nobody noticed or cared. Probably the Argo could have done the same thing, but I've never had a problem with a pax.

The pax 2 just looks like any thing electronic and harmless. The size and shape means nothing can hidden in it. The Argo on the other hand, is a deck of cards size and less stealth IMO. Although, in hind sight taking the glass tube out and keeping that separate, and in my pocket would probably let an Argo pass security just fine.

OF

Yes I want the exact same battery that came with my Air2 and Argo. Do you have a link to a US seller?

I have purchased the LG HG2's and various Sony's from IMR....

So is this one they have the exact same as Arizer uses? It is a non-protected, non-button top correct?

Yes, I've bought those from IMR (along with a lot of other top end cells), they and Orbtronics are are favorites of mine, FWIW. They are often out of stock (like now?) Remember, Panasonic doesn't sell to this market, supply is unsure, but stick to that exact model from known good Dealers and you should do fine.

Listen to the man, he is wise. And a master of short answers.

OF

OF

You know, there's a Victor Hugo story from his early days when he was anxious if his publisher was going to publish his next book. He sent the publisher a very short message, "? VH". The meaning was clear, despite it's short size (four characters, counting the necessary space). Clear who it was, and what the information was. The publisher replied "!", judged by some Cambridge guys to be the shortest possible English message to do both those things.

Yer close, but you've got some work to do still.........

OF

Brewervapesalot

The link (https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3350mah-flat-top-battery/ battery) says battery is not intended for vapes... scroll down... just legal bs?

What's a good charger that is USB and can work with a portable solar panel (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/SUAOKI-Charg...-21-spons&keywords=solar+panel+portable&psc=1) ?

Last edited:
Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: OF

OF

The link (https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3350mah-flat-top-battery/ battery) says battery is not intended for vapes... scroll down... just legal bs?

IMO yes. 'Lawyer talk'. Remember, the maker (Panasonic) doesn't approve of their use by us or anyone not building approved (well protected) battery packs.

Should an accident happen, they'd no doubt like a way out.

OF

Edit: It's also worth noting this application is very mild compared to some vapes and e-cigs out there. The warning is more important there?

OF

Top Bottom