Anyone watch Breaking Bad?

grokit

well-worn member
This Saul show could be really awesome espcailly if it takes place before we were introduced to him( which it might have to if he dies this season) then we would see how he got involved with Mike, Gus and the rest like Hexi said.

But honestly, it's Bob Odenkirk. I'm sold.

I used to think the same thing about Michael Richards, hopefully Bob won't go on a racist rant in response to a heckler in a comedy club. He hasn't had much work since then.

grokit,

Hexi

This Saul show could be really awesome espcailly if it takes place before we were introduced to him( which it might have to if he dies this season) then we would see how he got involved with Mike, Gus and the rest like Hexi said.

But honestly, it's Bob Odenkirk. I'm sold.

Even Marie?

Come on...

She only exist so that the costume designers can use more shades of purple. That's how boring/pointless she is, the thing that stands out most about her is the color of her clothes. Also, so Hank has something to lose, I guess.

Everyone on the internet loves the actress who plays Marie now, ever since the confession video and her cryface.

Often a character you hate, (on a good show) is a sign of good acting. The Marie character is that typical damaged goods in a pretty outfit trope, the wanna be stepford wife who isn't happy with her husband's career growth, yet hasn't even dealt with her own decades old emotional issues.

Some of the most classic scenes of BB IMO are Hank hiding in his garage to make bad homebrew, and Marie in denial about shoplifting etc... The show is sort of about nu-mid -life crisis, and taking the average joe daydreams and make them satanic twist -real. Almost like a classic mark twain short story, only with way more violence.

Skylar is another one, the entire internet hates her. The actress can't catch a break, she played everyone's least favorite character on DeadWood and now she gets even more hate for being Walt's wife.

She's famous and well respected as an actress, yet the dumb kids on twitter hate her.. for pretending to be a bitchy wife. I'm not going to lie, I ignored her on Deadwood and was never a fan of her BB character but... it's good acting. IRL she is nothing like Skylar.

Screen+shot+2013-08-27+at+8.39.19+AM.png

Hank_Marie_React_Miley_Cyrus_VMAs.png.CROP.rectangle3-large.png

Hexi,
Reactions: lwien

lwien

Yup. I've heard actors say that it's harder to play a character that isn't liked than one who is. If you can truly get an audience to dislike you, than you have done the job well.

lwien,
Reactions: Roger D

grokit

well-worn member
I just started watching recently, I'm not even done with season four yet:popcorn:

grokit,

Hexi

epic/ brutal episode. But I'm still not on board with Walt's need to confess at every chance, the "lets tell Flynn!" idea also rubbed me the wrong way.

I just don't like confessing criminals, it's not very realistic, especially Walt's quick "wait a second" confession to Jessie as he was being dragged off. Nitpicky, but just a pet peeve of mine.

Alternate ending could have been during the shoot out, the cars explode, everyone dies. No confessions, torture, deals etc..

Hexi,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Ok, so they now have me caring about what happens to Jessie again. :bowdown: Shit got really dark and brutal, it was hard to watch and they didn't even show Jessie's torture. However, Marie totally has no purpose now. Her Husband is dead, and now she will continue to cry. Kinda surprised they took out Hank so quickly, also I didn't get Walt's whole crying fit about how Hank is family... you mean to tell me that if those prison dudes didn't kill Hank, that Walt wouldn't have had someone else do it? I mean, I think he is closer to Jessie, and he doesn't mind if Jessie is killed, just "humanely" :lol:

Very good episode. Can't believe there are only two left!

aesthyrian,

Hexi

yeah they are trying a little too hard to show how Walt's logic is hypocritical. I agree that him being so broken up about Hank, someone he was never really a fan of... I get that what they mean is he is broken up that his plan fell apart more than anything else ... but it felt awkward.

Hexi,

Tweek

yeah they are trying a little too hard to show how Walt's logic is hypocritical. I agree that him being so broken up about Hank, someone he was never really a fan of... I get that what they mean is he is broken up that his plan fell apart more than anything else ... but it felt awkward.

Everyone in the show is a hypocrite.

Tweek,

Tweek

As are most that aren't in the show.

:peace:

Definitely an interesting commentary on the whole war on drugs...but damn it, poor Gomez and Hank. Even though Hank was getting on my nerves and a bit of a dick, he deserved better poor guy.

Tweek,
Reactions: Stu

EveryDayAmnesiac

I feel as though Walter's "confessions" are more fulfilling his need to have everyone know just how much he was able to accomplish while building his "empire." He really, really wants / needs everyone to see that he was able to build just as impressive of a "business" as Gray Matter Technologies did. I really think it's important to Walt that people think he was more clever than Elliott Schwartz. I think it's all more of a motivation for gratification of his intelligence. Especially now that he's got so little left to show for it... all he's got left now is the legend of Heisenberg - The Heisenberg Empire.

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Stu

Tweek

His phone call to his wife was definitely a way of getting her off the hook with the law...he totally knew the cops were there and gave her an out, by saying he was responsible for everything.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
His phone call to his wife was definitely a way of getting her off the hook with the law...he totally knew the cops were there and gave her an out, by saying he was responsible for everything.
Maybe I'm being hypercritical here, but I felt like that he overdid the whole "you had nothing to do with it" routine. A little bit of subtlety would've been better IMO. I figured out rather quickly what he was trying to do (absolve his wife by saying that shit while the cops were listening), but he kept repeating similar comments and I felt like "ok, ok... I get it.... he's getting her off the hook... stop selling it so hard".

But I'm a dick and I like to criticize other people's work while contributing nothing positive to society. :2c:

Stu,

lwien

I was so fucking vaked when I watched that episode that I thought he really meant it when he called her a bitch. But then, I see bicycle seats as dicks so what in the fuck do I know. :shrug:

lwien,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Maybe I'm being hypercritical here, but I felt like that he overdid the whole "you had nothing to do with it" routine. A little bit of subtlety would've been better IMO. I figured out rather quickly what he was trying to do (absolve his wife by saying that shit while the cops were listening), but he kept repeating similar comments and I felt like "ok, ok... I get it.... he's getting her off the hook... stop selling it so hard".

But I'm a dick and I like to criticize other people's work while contributing nothing positive to society. :2c:

Walt's just a broken dude...I think he is an example of how good people can turn bad when the situation is desperate. If life had turned out differently, and he was a legitimate success from his first company, none of this would of happened. That's not to say that deep down, he wasn't always a dick head, but despite all the horrible shit he's done, I still think there is an iota of good deep down inside. I've known people like that...people who could be so brutally horrible one minute, but yet have so much love in them another.

Sometimes the law is the only thing separating alot of people from becoming a Walt. He stopped caring about those lines when he thought he was going to die.

I was so fucking vaked when I watched that episode that I thought he really meant it when he called her a bitch. But then, I see bicycle seats as dicks so what in the fuck do I know. :shrug:

You could see he was crying during the phone call...and then he left the baby behind at the fire station...plus he would be a complete idiot to think the police were not there, listening in...he also broke the phone up afterward, indicating he knew he would be traced. That's just my thoughts on it, though. Personally, I would love to see his wife tossed in the hole...her and Marie get under my skin. Especially that scene where Marie was flaunting the fact that Hank busted Walter...WTF? She seems to forget that not too long ago, she was a thieving and lying pain in the ass that drove poor Hank and her family crazy...

Tweek,
Reactions: lwien
Top Bottom