Any serious beer drinkers in forum?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey @GetLeft I actually really enjoy southern tier as well!!

I start my fall with the Pumking

h9GwlyC.jpg

As weather cools I move in to the Old man ale

dvjOBg5.jpg

And for the holidays I reach for a good ol 2xmas

vZuIjX6.jpg

A local Pittsburgh favorite of mine has to be the Festivus from Full Pint Brewing Company

5HcWLQI.jpg

And Colorado can keep its coors I'm all about New Belgium and this Accumulation white ipa

5hlrYzp.jpg

For tonight I'm sipping on this local from The North Country Brewing Company called Firehouse Red.

oojKWbq.jpg
^^^ WOW! That looks like a good night right there @Philreal187! :tup: Mmmmmm Pumking looks delish! . . . but then again, they all do!

Now, I really do not enjoy feeling the effects of alcohol a great deal in general, but daaaaaamn, beer is sooooooooooo bloody tasty, I really do enjoy drinking it anyhow! :freak:

And, even though it tastes more like fruit juice, I really do LOVE this stuff . . . .

An explosion of fresh morello cherry - imo Ter Dolen Kriek is a fruit beer that is in a class of it's very own!

:cheers:

:peace:

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
I started drinking craft beer many years before anyone even knew what a craft beer was. I got hooked on hops, cannabis' brother plant. I knew IPA's often tasted like cannabis to me, then I read how they're the only two plants in the subtype Cannabacae. My gateway beers were SNPA & Two Hearted.

One of my close real life friends runs a speciality bar that imports lots of rare/hard to find beer from all over, and he holds classes weekly teaching them like BJCP stuff... he's a cicerone and one of the top 5 reviewers on beer advocate, so I've had lots of experience with craft beer just hanging out with him, and my best friend is opening up his very own brewpub in a couple of months, so I'm surrounded.

I currently have a craving for a Belgian IPA - awesome style. If you guys have never had Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel, then I definitely highly recommend you purchase it if it's available in your area, you won't be disappointed.

Mr Mellish

Bells HopSlam dropped in STL early last week. i was able to score more than a case this year. all cans tho. i didnt find any of the mini kegs.

6CyzNV1.jpg

Do you like it? I miss the bottles and thought it was noticeably sweeter than last year.

Not sure if you can get Short's down there but they released "Batch 5000" around the time HopSlam came out. It's a triple IPA and came out in bombers. There is a lot of tropical hop flavor and a lot of alcohol (15%). It's a big, complex beer.

2clicker

Observer
Do you like it? I miss the bottles and thought it was noticeably sweeter than last year.

Not sure if you can get Short's down there but they released "Batch 5000" around the time HopSlam came out. It's a triple IPA and came out in bombers. There is a lot of tropical hop flavor and a lot of alcohol (15%). It's a big, complex beer.

i do like it. i did notice its a bit sweeter myself, but not in a bad way. i think the cans taste pretty good. id need to have a side by side to really tell.

Mr Mellish

i do like it. i did notice its a bit sweeter myself, but not in a bad way. i think the cans taste pretty good. id need to have a side by side to really tell.

It's good, I just wish it wasn't as sweet.

It's not a crushing drive so you might consider heading up to experience what Bell's offers that is not available outside the brewery.

http://bellsbeer.com/eccentric-cafe/beers-on-tap/

While up this way, you'll be in easy reach of a number of first class breweries.

Bell's
Arcadia
Greenbush
Founder's
Tibb's
Gonzo's
Brewery Vivant
New Holland
Latitude 42
Perrin
Dark Horse

This is a partial list...

If you want to continue another 3-4 hours north, we could start a whole new list.

And on the way up, you might be able to hit places like Three Floyds.

2clicker

Observer
It's good, I just wish it wasn't as sweet.

It's not a crushing drive so you might consider heading up to experience what Bell's offers that is not available outside the brewery.

http://bellsbeer.com/eccentric-cafe/beers-on-tap/

While up this way, you'll be in easy reach of a number of first class breweries.

Bell's
Arcadia
Greenbush
Founder's
Tibb's
Gonzo's
Brewery Vivant
New Holland
Latitude 42
Perrin
Dark Horse

This is a partial list...

If you want to continue another 3-4 hours north, we could start a whole new list.

And on the way up, you might be able to hit places like Three Floyds.

mmmmm Three Floyds is good. ive had quite a few of those offerings.

4Hands here in STL have their Lupalin carnival every year. to release their "War Hammer" imperial IPA. anyway their guest lineup is always amazing. and this years is no different.

random guests im esp looking forward to drinking on

Bells, Founders, 2nd Shift, Ballast Point, civil Life, Deschutes, Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, New Holland, odell, Oskar Blues, Stone

im a little bummed that Cigar City wont be there this year tho...

Mr Mellish

mmmmm Three Floyds is good. ive had quite a few of those offerings.

4Hands here in STL have their Lupalin carnival every year. to release their "War Hammer" imperial IPA. anyway their guest lineup is always amazing. and this years is no different.

random guests im esp looking forward to drinking on

Bells, Founders, 2nd Shift, Ballast Point, civil Life, Deschutes, Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, New Holland, odell, Oskar Blues, Stone

im a little bummed that Cigar City wont be there this year tho...

That is a good list. When is this?

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
That is a good list. When is this?

April 2nd

cigar city had a triple or imperial IPA there last year that was phenom. for the life of me i cannot remember the name of it. but they also had jai alai of which i love. cigar city is legit. and 4Hands WarHammer is fucking amazing. Bells didnt really impress in last years event IMO. they brought some ok stuff. the only IPA they brought was Two Hearted. of which is a great IPA, but wheres the really good one? im hoping that they have a lil bit of hopslam for this years lupalin. its an IPA event for the most part.

ive still got 15 hopslams left... canned 12 days ago

Vapor Loop

Heads up to anyone wanting to try the new Evil genius This one time at band camp. DON'T!
The beer advocate review is pretty accurate, It's not horrible or anything and i have had plenty of I.p.a brews not as good, But this is a double I.p.a not a regular I.p.a and is my least favorite double to date.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I'm not a beer aficionado or anything, but I'm really enjoying the Sam Adams Cream Stout that I picked up last night.

I've been experimenting a bit lately, trying to find ones I really enjoy. This cream stout I will definitely be buying again. Next up I think is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I've heard good things about it -- should be interesting.

Mr Mellish

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
They'll make a sequel to Altered States with ale-filled anti-gravity tanks, and in a week, they'll be on every corner in the chic urban areas next to Whole Foods.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Brass Castle Brewery - Toffee Coffee Cream Ale

WOW!
:drool:

The name tells you everthing you need to know. Creamy toffee coffee beer down to a T.

I've never had such a bright looking ale that also has such a huge coffee taste - a flavor experience which for me is usually reserved for stouts & porters.

So smooth. But soooooo much flavor.

Well done boys. You did good :tup:

And kudos for the upside down & backwards reading calligraphy script brand logo . . . (ambigram?). . . very clever ;)

Keep those elbows bending!

BeardedCrow

Brass Castle Brewery - Toffee Coffee Cream Ale

WOW!
:drool:

The name tells you everthing you need to know. Creamy toffee coffee beer down to a T.

I've never had such a bright looking ale that also has such a huge coffee taste - a flavor experience which for me is usually reserved for stouts & porters.

So smooth. But soooooo much flavor.

Well done boys. You did good :tup:

And kudos for the upside down & backwards reading calligraphy script brand logo . . . (ambigram?). . . very clever ;)

Keep those elbows bending!

Looks like a cup full of concentrate!

GetLeft

I was fortunate enough to do some skiing in VT a couple of weeks ago.
Fortunate because the skiing was great. Having to spend so much money to put up is not a happening feeling, but hey. Like I said, the skiing was great.

The place we stayed at had a pub downstairs, so we went down to get out of the room. They had something called Lawson's on tap. The bartender made a big fuss about how they had to wait six months to be put on a delivery list, etc. etc.

So I kind of had to try one: Sip of Sunshine IPA.
http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/beers/sip-sunshine/
Dang! What a delicious IPA! I've not had anything like it.
As soon as I got home I looked it up to see where I could get it. Dang again! Only up in that neck of the woods!!
As one NJ guy we met at one of the ski places we hit said, 'don't laugh at the VT locals. When there's a zombie apocalypse, you'll want them on your side.' So I guess they deserve the good beer...

:) I love VT!

Derrrpp

I haven't tried a Sam Adams that I didn't like. Boston Lager, Boston Ale, Hoppy Red, Octoberfest, Cream Stout, even their Harvest Pumpkin Ale... All great beers IMO!

Also really like Sierra Nevada. I've tried their pale ale and their Torpedo Extra IPA... Excellent!

:2c:

Derrrpp

So it's been a while since my last post here. I've tried more beers: some good, some not so good.

Here's a picture that I took while I was out having dinner with some friends about two weeks ago:

2db80fl.jpg

Smoked Imperial Stout, 11% ABV. Not a bad beer, though one glass was enough for me. (My buddy and I split the 22oz bottle)

I've tried more Sam Adams varieties, liked most of them, especially their double bock. Wasn't too fond of their India pale lager. Also tried a couple from Founders Brewing Co.: a porter and an "old ale." Wasn't too fond of the old ale, but the porter was pretty good.

What's everybody else drinking?

Philreal187

Crooked Stave

Nightmare of Brett

Dark sour aged in bourbon barrels on raspberries

9.666 % abv

9T99l6U.jpg

I'm back in Burlington Vermont and found this very unique sour at the local health food store. It was $15 a bottle but my girl and I love sours and this was one to rave about!!

Top Bottom