Any serious beer drinkers in forum?

BD9

Enjoying a Lagunitas Imperial Stout. This may not be a serious beer to a true beer geek, but I really like it. Nice coffee and caramel aromas. The palate follows the nose. A very nice mocha finish with a touch of bitterness.
It's tasty!

8EgX57Pl.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Enjoying a Lagunitas Imperial Stout. This may not be a serious beer to a true beer geek, but I really like it. Nice coffee and caramel aromas. The palate follows the nose. A very nice mocha finish with a touch of bitterness.
It's tasty!

8EgX57Pl.jpg

Oh... I don't know about that. I'm pretty beer geeky and LOVE that shit! If you're liking that, check out Stone's Imperial Russian Stout. I like it a little better and think that's what Lagunitas was going for with this.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
The beer of beers (IMO) is from Three Floyds, a local, but internationally known establishment which happens to be luckily only 25 minutes from me :cheers:

It's called Cimmerion Sabertooth Berzerker, and its phenomenal :mmmm:

photo-50_zpsdbff4fdf.jpg

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I did end up trying Founder's Breakfast stout and also their Dirty Bastard. They're both great! Here's a pic I took a little while back:

kfI1ZfL.jpg

Another one I picked up recently to try is Otra Vez from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co, a gose-style ale with prickly-pear cactus and grapefruit. It's... interesting, for sure. I'm still not completely decided on it. I may grab another six pack to have around for the really hot summer days.

BD9

I did end up trying Founder's Breakfast stout and also their Dirty Bastard. They're both great! Here's a pic I took a little while back:

Another one I picked up recently to try is Otra Vez from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co, a gose-style ale with prickly-pear cactus and grapefruit. It's... interesting, for sure. I'm still not completely decided on it. I may grab another six pack to have around for the really hot summer days.

Happy you liked it! Their porter is delicious as well. I feel the same about Otra Vez. Thought the flavors were okay.

I've also been on a jai alai kick. 7.5% ipa.... yes please, all day long.

Man, you're killin' me!! Enjoy! :tup:

The beer of beers (IMO) is from Three Floyds, a local, but internationally known establishment which happens to be luckily only 25 minutes from me :cheers:
It's called Cimmerion Sabertooth Berzerker, and its phenomenal :mmmm:

It's a great summer pale ale. Heavily carbonated. I like most everything that comes out of 3floyds. I haven't made it over there yet. I'm about 60 miles east.

Mr Mellish

Bell's Honey Hearted is out. You'll have to find it on tap to taste it. It's Two Hearted kicked up with honey to 16.1%.

Very complex beer. Quite sweet and surprisingly effervescent (but not in a bad way). It needs to be enjoyed slowly to pick out all of the flavors.

It goes quickly. If you use Untappd, tag it to let you know when it's available in your area (if at all). I suspect that the radius of availability is quite limited.

Mr Mellish

@Mr Mellish that honey hearted sounds outstanding!! I never heard of it before but I will definitely start hunting it down quick!

I have been enjoying some Southern Tier double ipa lately.

56hxOmc.jpg

And yesterday picked this up out of curiosity it also was pretty good.

You're in Pennsylvania? I doubt you'll see this. Let me know if you head to the mitten.

Mr Mellish

Had a Short's Melt My Brain. I am a big fan of Short's but they are pushing the envelope into territories that are as related to beer as I am to my 8th cousin. I couldn't put my finger on this one. It was like a Sweet Tart saison. Then I learned they classify it as a gin and tonic beer. I haven't been certified but I'm pretty sure it isn't a recognized beer style. If you know what you're walking into, it's interesting. If you're expecting a beer, you might just make it an offering to the garbage disposal gods.

Top Bottom