• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any knife nuts here at FC?

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
^^^ What he said. ^^^

I'm sure you're going to love that thing. I always thought the small would be too tiny in my hand, but then I got one and was surprised that it locks right into my grip.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: ShipDit

BeardedCrow

Yeah I know, my kershaw Ken onion is a 3" handle and 2" blade, I'm sure sebenza fills the hand more...

BeardedCrow,

AdmiralAlpacha

I'm thinking I might get a 0550 next, however I don't like the scales at all and custom ones are around $70. But that would sure makes one sick knife.....

But on the otherhand for that kind of money I could get a spyderco southard, man these decisions are hard.

AdmiralAlpacha,

Deadshort480

I haven't purchased the Spyderco Southard only because I have the custom version. I will jump on one if I find it for under $200 on the forums. If the Spyderco is anything like the custom as far as the flipping action goes, then it is well worth the money. CTS-204P is awesome steel too. The 0550 is a great knife. I have the 0551 with Elmax blade and I love it. I had purchased an 0550 from knivesemporium.com because it came with a kick ass flashlight. I ended up selling the 0550. I agree with you about the scale, but the ZT's I have are used at work so I'm more concerned about feel than look at work. Phil Dobson makes some really nice wood scales if you like natural materials.

Deadshort480,

AdmiralAlpacha

Now I want them both even more lol. Those are beautiful handles, but also looks like id have to send in the knife though (if I was on the right website).

AdmiralAlpacha,

BeardedCrow

I wish they made a 10.5" carbon blade sebenza so I can serve sushi with it...

Haha jk

BeardedCrow,

YeeeBuddy

Those automatic OTF knifes are badass I'm jealous. Are these illegal in california? I would be down to order one online if possible.

YeeeBuddy,

Deadshort480

Any OTF with a blade over 2" is illegal in Cali. Protech makes, or used to make, the Tantilla, which is CA legal. It is a single action OTF, which means the blade pops out when you hit the button and have to manually reload the blade by pushing the button and pulling the blade down with a small nub hanging out of the handle. Microtech makes a CA legal version of the UTX-70. The UTX-70 is a double action OTF. Push the switch up and the blade pops out. Pull the switch down and the blade retracts. Dalton made a few single action OTFs with 2" blades. I know that the Mini Millenium was CA legal.

YeeeBuddy

Awesome thanks for the info, looks pretty sweet but for 250 DAMN!

microtech-utx-70-de-black-tactical-standard-ca147-1t.jpg

Deadshort480

Good autos are not inexpensive. You could buy a cheap auto that pops out of the handle, but that's about all it's good for. If it is something you'd like to put in your pocket and actually use, then you are going to pay for it. I liken knives to vaporizers, high quality usually hits your pocket.

Honestly, the 2" autos are cool little toys, but they aren't practical. MT makes other OTF knives that can be used for at least medium duty tasks, but it would be illegal for you to carry. If you want something to open envelopes and cut the occasional loose string then the UTX-70 would be fine. The good thing about Microtechs is that they retain their resale value as long as they are kept in good shape.

BeardedCrow

I'm wondering, is a $500 small sebenza perform any better than my $35 kershaw Ken onion chive?

We'll find out tomorrow...

How do you guys drop so much on a little folder? Haha

BeardedCrow,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I love my small ZT folder. I've carried a lot of folders, and I like this the best.

Jeppy,

BeardedCrow

I wear chef slacks to work, so I prefer tiny knife for pocket and 11" blade for cutting board.

BeardedCrow,
Reactions: Jeppy

BeardedCrow

Aright went to the cutlery to inspect a few sebenzas, found a nice small with wood inlays, 2 out of the 3 blades had imperfect bevels and had me thinking I'm glad I didn't order online...

Overall it's a nice knife, but not worth the extreme price.

While it feels great in my pocket in it's leather, I feel like I could of gotten more quality with $470.

BeardedCrow,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I hear ya. If I'm gonna drop that much, I need to be there. From hand to hand. You're having buyer's remorse now?

Jeppy,

Deadshort480

Some people are just underwhelmed by the Sebenza. Worth is definitely a subjective and personal thing. When it comes to a production knife, there is no company that produces a knife with as tight tolerances and finer fit and finish than CRK, but it is still a production knife. The thing is that the Sebenza is a very basic design so some folks are just not impressed with them. They hold their resale value so you should be able to sell it at no or a very minimal loss. When I start getting into the $400 - $500 range, I am looking into Midtechs and customs. I was able to score a deal on every Sebenza that I own, with the exception of one.

Deadshort480

Ooooo!! Tasty thread. I love...LOVE knives, especially autos. I shall post my collection pics shortly.

What happened to those pictures? :D I would definitely like more pics in the thread. I'll have to take a few pictures of some of my other knives.

Deadshort480,

AdmiralAlpacha

I really wish I could take a decent picture, id be much more inclined to share. I ordered a CRKT swindle today. It was cheap enough to pull the trigger without thinking too hard about it. It also looks like it should be a great little knife for the money, and crkt has been stepping it up. If I can snag a decent picture when I receive it (hopefully friday or saturday) ill share them here.

I'd also like to see that collection VH!

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom