Anniversary present...

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedemon

enthusiast
the ssv is a nice vape and it was my daily driver and go to vape for a long time! since getting the underdog this changed! i was amazed to find out that my UD was able to hit harder than the ssv can it`s also better for vaporbonging because you don't have 3 feet of tubing adding resistance making it harder to breathe with.

If you already bought the SSV then congrats you bought an awesome vape that I love, but imo the UD is better! ;)

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Impressive white wall indeed Wat, but I have to side with the other SSV/UD 'converts' and am pretty certain my UD can take that challenge. Funny little cloud machines they are.

That bubbler is made by Black Leaf, Husker. They have a few different ones out and this is their largest model at the moment I believe. It costs around a 100 bucks and you won't find it on SSV website. Grasscity sells them, but I believe they are out of stock now. Check.

You're right about the beauty of wood, Nyc-D. Not sure if I told you this before, but if Rick would ship to EU you probably wouldn't even own that lovely Ambrosia piece. I was eyeballing that particular one myself every day until you snagged it :lol:

I'm glad it went to you though, now at least I still get to admire it through your vids and photo's.

OhTheAgony,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Impressive white wall indeed Wat, but I have to side with the other SSV/UD 'converts' and am pretty certain my UD can take that challenge. Funny little cloud machines they are.
Well I still don't believe you all guys :p. That wattage of power simply can not milk that volume of glass to that density for as long as the power of a SSV cranked up will. The SSV will run and run and run, recharging between consecutive hits. I can white wall a tube with my PD when it's koozied up, but only once at peak performance. It takes 10 minutes to fully recover after that. Of course the UD is an improvement on that and I have seen that it makes some veerrry tasty (albeit isolated) clouds, but there's no way IMO that that wattage can sustain that performance for more than 2 consecutive bowls at the most, and I expect the decline would be noticeable after the first. I think if you're a vaporist for whom a 5-8w log vape can fully satisfy your vaping needs then I'm not sure that you'd be the kind of vaporist to really benefit from the technical design advances of the VX Cloud beyond the glass airpath. Nothing wrong with that though.

For me I believe that low wattage logs designs are limited- their strengths lie in other areas.

But please prove me wrong, take the challenge and post the vids! If the UD genuinely does have the full hitting power exceeding that of the SSV I'll be getting one. I'll also eat my hat. :D

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, I wouldn't want you to waste a perfectly good hat, but you're welcome to come over and try mine out yourself. Heck, lets just wait till you get your Cloud and I'll drop by there myself and take it with me so we can both try each others toys :lol:

I've never made a vape-video before, perhaps I should try some time. Don't hold your breath just yet though, I have a tendency to procrastinate quit a bit before getting things done :ko:

I did drive a SSV on the daily for 8 months though, through a 500ml Ehle no less. I think I know what I'm comparing it to.

On the wattage-thingie; I think the one in the UD is officially rated at 5 watts, but I believe I saw Dave mention several times that it operates closer to 8 watts if that means anything to you.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

That bubbler is made by Black Leaf, Husker. They have a few different ones out and this is their largest model at the moment I believe. It costs around a 100 bucks and you won't find it on SSV website. Grasscity sells them, but I believe they are out of stock now. Check.

You're right about the beauty of wood, Nyc-D. Not sure if I told you this before, but if Rick would ship to EU you probably wouldn't even own that lovely Ambrosia piece. I was eyeballing that particular one myself every day until you snagged it :lol:

I'm glad it went to you though, now at least I still get to admire it through your vids and photo's.

Nope You hadnt told me that before :)
Im glad it still gets to be admired, it deserves to be shown off :brow:

She is a beauty , i think i have to hit it now, cheers man :cheers:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
These are what I call thick clouds;

I know it ain't about the bubbler. But, you just sold another one of those. Was looking at the ones with the showerhead, but DAYUM! That beast percs nice, Wat. Now I know why you defend China glass like you do. That's a sweet piece.

And yes, I agree. Those are some damn nice thick clouds. I'll do my best, I've pulled some thicker clouds out of my MFLB than most... but, 18mm opening, pretty good size... I don't think I can match half that vapor honestly. I'd like to see more log comparisons though. I've seen people rip some HUGE clouds out of them. But, I'm woefully ignorant on logs (besides MSDS/OSHA obviously).

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: WatTyler

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I know it ain't about the bubbler. But, you just sold another one of those. Was looking at the ones with the showerhead, but DAYUM! That beast percs nice, Wat. Now I know why you defend China glass like you do. That's a sweet piece.
Yeah, it was a good buy. I don't know if you saw the other vids of it? I never embedded them, just posted the links I think. So since you mentioned the percolation I'll show them again now :D

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wow. No, never seen that video. Honestly, that is about the nicest firing tree I've seen, especially for that size. I have a decent 11-arm, flame-treated-whatever-they-call-it-and-do-to-it, ash/perc. It doesn't fire anything like that. Granted its got bigger slits so has more... wouldn't call it "chug"... it just doesn't give good feedback, other than visual.

I honestly didn't think I was going to make up my mind, I liked that one I linked a lot... but while the shower fired real nice, I thought the tree had a bit too much actual chug. I watched like 10-15 videos with that thing. Its in a LOT of them. Even the guy doing dabs, was getting that same chug. Strange, because the cuts look clean on the close-ups. Maybe they all just pull a Hell of a lot harder than I do. I like just a little teeny bit of feedback drag and that's about as hard as I pull. I want my percs firing the way they're meant to. So, pardon my French... FUCK, your video gets the message across! That's how its supposed to be done.

I'll be mad at you again in a week... but I love you right now. You piss me off, you know.... but you always suck me back in with your timely, helpful posts.

We must be related. :tup:

My order has been placed, so hopefully sometime within the next month I'll be vaping with a decent piece of glass, finally. I'll make a video for you, when I get it.

Gonna watch the video a few more time now.

For comparison, check out this supposed B Wilson 6-arm (though I think he's too stoned to check his water level)

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: WatTyler

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'll be mad at you again in a week... but I love you right now. You piss me off, you know.... but you always suck me back in with your timely, helpful posts.

We must be related. :tup:

My order has been placed, so hopefully sometime within the next month I'll be vaping with a decent piece of glass, finally. I'll make a video for you, when I get it.
Haha, I'm sure we'd get on just fine in the real world with more complete communication. Though I expect we could still argue well enough on politics! ;) But that makes friends interesting, as well as potentially annoying :p

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the vids and I reckon you'll love the bubbler when it arrives. Now for the shitty waiting game and GC's slow post service......

WatTyler,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom