Anniversary present...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerMath

So, early next month is my anniversary, and unfortunately my wife will be moving out of state for the majority of the summer for her research project. Since I bought a vape, she has been completely converted away from smoking (unlike myself), so I want to buy her one for when she's gone. She likes the whip style, but beyond that... it doesn't matter. What should I get her? Price isn't really an option; I've looked at viVape, how is that? What do you all recommend? The only real restriction is that it can't be fragile.

HuskerMath,
The Q is a great unit if she likes whips. Elbow packs produce very dense vapor and she'll have the option of bag blowing, which I personally value for a number of reasons. I prefer it to the 7th floor models personally. I would definitely get it over a Vivape given what I've read about the Vi and what I know about the Q.

charliedontsurf,

weedemon

enthusiast
is she medicinal? is stealth or being discreet going to be an issue?

maybe the need to be portable will be better? the Thermovape, solo, and mflb come to mind. mainly the thermovape is the one I reccomend most when a portable is in question.

what`s her vaping environment going to be like? I;d say SSV over EQ lol so there`s a difference of opinion on that one.

Have you considered a log like the underdog? It is a top quality vape that gives fantastic clouds. if she like big hits like you can get from a whip then the UD is a serious contender. and it`s also great for vapor bonging!

weedemon,

SD_haze

Log vapes are works of art, can be very beautiful with a nice grain.
Definitely make excellent presents :tup:

Perfect for those with relatively low tolerance, if she does.

You could even surprise her with it by buying some essential oil and having it run to get the house all aromatic, surprising her with it as she walks into the house.

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
I've looked at viVape, how is that?
I would advise against that one. It's too new, too expensive, and more than one retailer has been disappointed.

Unless she has a high tolerance and likes to get blown away with just a couple of hits, I'd recommend a log vape too. Stealthy and durable. If a bigger hitter is preferred, it's hard to go wrong with the DBV or SSV-both are very sturdy and time tested.

max,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Log vapes are works of art, can be very beautiful with a nice grain.

Perfect for those with relatively low tolerance, if she does.

Unless she has a high tolerance and likes to get blown away with just a couple of hits, I'd recommend a log vape too.

I think the assumption(s) that log vapes can't blow you away with a thick cloud of vapor and/or are just for people with low tolerance should be revised guys.

Either that, or we need to put the UD and HI in a new/different category, because you really don't do either of those justice with those statements, gentlemen.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: placetime

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I think the assumption(s) that log vapes can't blow you away with a thick cloud of vapor and/or are just for people with low tolerance should be revised guys.

Either that, or we need to put the UD and HI in a new/different category, because you really don't do either of those justice with those statements, gentlemen.

My UD would agree with that statement.

He's the purtiest one of the group too!

MarcellusWiley,

SD_haze

Well max said "unless she has high tolerance", I just said they are perfect IF you have low tolerance.

The UD has 95% replaced my supreme vaporizer as a heavy hitter so definitely understand where you're going with that.
He's the prettiest one of my group too :lol:

SD_haze,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I feel the need to chime in here and add that the CRZ is also a heavy hitter when it comes to log vapes. While the draw is more restricted than the UD and the HI, you can still get immense clouds from it. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: placetime

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Women im around often will appeal to the visually impressive pieces more than anything. (when i hold out my inline bub and mobius reti and say which one, you know what she chooses) Id recommend the SSV. Its wide range of custom pieces make it great for a gift. What other vape can u get in all the wifes favorite color combos in it? When i was building my ssv, someone was choosing colors for their gf and had a full pink setup. Throw in a custom heater cover or wand or something... Would be an amazing gift for any vapor lover.

YoGranMazPimp,

HuskerMath

So it seems that the SSV has the popular consensus, but what exactly is a "log vape"? It seems to be a classification of vapes, but I can't seem to figure out the linking factor.

Just as some additional info as some of you asked;
-Not medicinal use, recreational only
-Does not need to be "stealthy", as she will keep it on her desk in her apartment
-She is by no means a lightweight; like me, she could smoke (ie combust) a full eighth and go into work
-The environment will be at home or a friend's place, where ever she decides to take it, but she doesn't need (and doesn't want) portable

HuskerMath,

SD_haze

So it seems that the SSV has the popular consensus, but what exactly is a "log vape"? It seems to be a classification of vapes, but I can't seem to figure out the linking factor.

Just as some additional info as some of you asked;
-Not medicinal use, recreational only
-Does not need to be "stealthy", as she will keep it on her desk in her apartment
-She is by no means a lightweight; like me, she could smoke (ie combust) a full eighth and go into work
-The environment will be at home or a friend's place, where ever she decides to take it, but she doesn't need (and doesn't want) portable

Log vapes list: (there's a waitlist for the HI and i heard there is one for OCD not 100% sure)
aromazap.com
epicvape.com
woodeez-ss.com (a bit outdated compared to the newer designs)
oldcitydiffusers.com
underdogvapes.com
HI

SD_haze,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I feel the need to chime in here and add that the CRZ is also a heavy hitter when it comes to log vapes. While the draw is more restricted than the UD and the HI, you can still get immense clouds from it. :2c:

I would agree Mom that a CRZ can also achieve large clouds. I have one and use it every day as a direct draw vape. As far as comparing it's clouds to the HI or UD however, there is a noticeable difference in the size of clouds (This has to do with the restricted air path I think).

IMO, if a log vape were your choice I would go with a CRZ for direct draw, and a UD/HI for running through water. This is just my opinion from owning and using the three.

*Edited to correct typos*

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks

I meant no disrespect ma'am *tips hat*

I just assume the CRZ leans a little more towards the conservative vape-type compared to the other two because of the smaller bowl-size combined with the more restricted airflow. But I haven't had the pleasure to actually try a CRZ myself just yet -or a HI for that matter-, so I can only speculate based on what I learn through this website for now.

Nyc-D; are you starting to get an itch to add one (or both) of the other logs to your collection yet or are you not the least bit curious?

Also, just out of curiosity, but when was the last time that DBV of yours saw any use?

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

I want more CRZs ;)

Not interested in the other logs yet, I know little about them at this point but that doesnt mean i may not look into it more one day.
The DBV doesnt get use anymore, if I want an experience like that I would rather use the LSV(which still is not used very often) I hate the plastic tubing.

If you dont believe the CRZ is a heavy hitter you havent seen the most recent video I put out

^click image to watch

Its totally capable of giving hits that wont bust a lung, too ;)

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: AGBeer

HuskerMath

Oh, so log vapes are, literally, logs lol My dumb ass was thinking that maybe their heating up time was a log function or something.

I have to say, the SSV seems to be the best choice, both aesthetically and functionality.

HuskerMath,

SD_haze

Oh, so log vapes are, literally, logs lol My dumb ass was thinking that maybe their heating up time was a log function or something.

I have to say, the SSV seems to be the best choice, both aesthetically and functionality.

Since you can get them made with custom graphics, that's definitely a nice personal touch making it an extra-great gift too :tup:

SD_haze,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I don't want to turn this into even more of a vape pissing contest than it already is, but I'm going to join in anyway. Here's a vid of the SSV in action HuskerMath.

I don't have one of the new generation of Logs (UD/HI/RZ) but I do have trouble so far believing that they could fill my bubbler as well (to mean thick, quick and easy) as this SSV does. I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't think you can do that as thick and voluminous with a log vape. I think it's just a simple question of wattage.

These are what I call thick clouds;

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I want more CRZs ;)

Not interested in the other logs yet, I know little about them at this point but that doesnt mean i may not look into it more one day.
The DBV doesnt get use anymore, if I want an experience like that I would rather use the LSV(which still is not used very often) I hate the plastic tubing.

If you dont believe the CRZ is a heavy hitter you havent seen the most recent video I put out

^click image to watch

Its totally capable of giving hits that wont bust a lung, too ;)

Of course I've seen that video already :D

Funny you should say that though, I never miss my SSV anymore either. Well, perhaps just for how it looked on my desk at times, but in hindsight I just don't care for whips anymore.

I wonder though, will the same destiny await your logs as soon as your Cloud arrives..?

I don't question the ability of the CRZ to produce vapor btw. In fact I lusted after one myself for some time. But it was just to hard to get one for a European, or at least that's what I thought at the time.

One day perhaps, the HI is next on the list for me right now.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

Nycdeisel

I dont think my logs will go away if i get a cloud. Im not sure i will get a cloud asap anyway. I might just wait, we will see. I havent gotten any email about it yet. The CRZs are so pretty too. And the taste is so great. and i like being able to control the dosage more easily with the tiny bowls. I believe the CRZs will always have a place in my collection.

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: AGBeer

HuskerMath

WatTyler:

That is amazing... did you buy the bubbler off of the SSV website too? It's too burdensome for her to take, but that's definitely a good accessory for when she gets bad. Yeah, you definitely sold me with that. Good on ya.

Also, just as a side note, I'd like to say that your avatar has been a continued source of nightmares for me since I joined :D

HuskerMath,

scottio19

scotty
I don't have one of the new generation of Logs (UD/HI/RZ) but I do have trouble so far believing that they could fill my bubbler as well (to mean thick, quick and easy) as this SSV does. I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't think you can do that as thick and voluminous with a log vape. I think it's just a simple question of wattage.

My UD can achieve those clouds! Milk you can't even see through. It beats two old-school box vapes I have tried, and is my hardest-hitting vape. (though I have not tried the king of the "box-style" vapes, the SSV) The lower wattage (5 watts) of the UD only seems negatively affect heatup time, and is sufficient for replacing the heat lost when taking huge rips IMO

scottio19,

Nycdeisel

A whip type vape is a lot more maintenance as well. And not as discreet or tasty. just my :2c:

Nycdeisel,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@Scottio
I was thinking the same thing. I easily achieve hits as big and thick with my UD as I did with my LSV.

Gonzo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom