Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey, anyone try to replace their battery? Friend gave me his old Alfa but the battery is trash due to degradation

upload center free

I imagine it is possible to get hold of a replacement battery, I don't think the Alfa is likely to have a proprietary battery. But I have no experience sourcing particular battery types myself. . .

The hardest part of getting the Alfa open might be removing the tiny screws on the out side that hold the metal shell in place. I believe they are a weird 3 pronged star affair. . .

But obviously the proper advice is not to mess with such things and deal with the company. Would the vape not be under warranty? I think Alfa was giving a 2 year warranty when I purchased in Sept '15. . .

We at ALFA value the communities input and see there is an interest for a longer cooler mouthpiece. We are currently working on a new mouthpice accessory, that hopefully will be released in the near future.

Since you're here. I want to wish you well with the Alfa. It's a great vape and it deserves popularity.

I would buy another one if . . . .
- They had micro usb charging port
- A little more battery life/mah
- 2/3 mouthpiece options

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Hi anyone have experience with the improved version? How long does the battery life last? And how long is it charged?

kilrtjat,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi anyone have experience with the improved version? How long does the battery life last? And how long is it charged?
I had it confirmed in an email from Alfa the other day . . Battery is the same as it was on day 1, no improvements yet. . I think they said it was 1800mah.

mrb,

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
On the site they have improved battery life. Due to the complaints about the battery, I chose the boundless cfc. So I'm interested in the new version, if it's really improved? Real experience. Battery life and charging time.

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
I'll report back on any improvement as I see them once I get my new Alfa... I purchased my original in Q2 2015. I loved the Alfa firm factor more than any other portable, and it's flavor profile is good compared to the Pax. Vapour production is good once you tune into the need to tamp slightly. Unfortunately my original unit had a wonky charge port that would often stop charging, and experienced random shutdowns. Gobiifbeas great at facilitating an RMA from the NA service centre at Vapeworld. I was too lazy to actually send the unit in for repair.

snorcan,
Reactions: PPN

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
And ordered a new one?
I'll report back on any improvement as I see them once I get my new Alfa... I purchased my original in Q2 2015. I loved the Alfa firm factor more than any other portable, and it's flavor profile is good compared to the Pax. Vapour production is good once you tune into the need to tamp slightly. Unfortunately my original unit had a wonky charge port that would often stop charging, and experienced random shutdowns. Gobiifbeas great at facilitating an RMA from the NA service centre at Vapeworld. I was too lazy to actually send the unit in for repair.

kilrtjat,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
On the site they have improved battery life. Due to the complaints about the battery, I chose the boundless cfc. So I'm interested in the new version, if it's really improved? Real experience. Battery life and charging time.

I couldn't see that in the site. . . Like I said, a rep told me on email a couple weeks back that there had been no change.

Please do report back with any news. .

mrb,

hinglemccringleberry

Does anyone with a broken Alfa have an extra charger they're not using? PM me if you do.

Battery life feedback is dependent on peoples' level and style of usage so 2 people can give you 2 different opinions. I have zero complaints about mine. I don't spend 20 hours a day vaping so I have none of the complaints that some people have - I don't feel like it's the end of the world if I "only get 60 minutes of use on a 3 hour charge". That's 5-6 days of usage for me. Can't complain about that. Also the battery drains when the unit is not in use for extended periods. If you go, say, 1 month without using the Alfa at all, the battery will drain completely from a full charge. That's an often forgotten about factor with battery life. IMO battery life impressions should be taken w/ a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ALFA Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi guys just an update, Sale Now On

BLACK $99

BLUE/RED $129

https://alfagoboof.com/
18449415_243394069475538_2632349276112921553_o.jpg

ALFA Vaporizers,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
I received my latest alfa to replace my sporadically functioning early version. There are a number of cosmetic differences, notably:
The shell extends all the way to the top
The dial has a different patten in the textured outer rim
Made in Ireland is clearly stamped in the oven door
The charger is USB but still a DC connector on the vape end
Heat up time seems the same
Can't comment on battery life or total charge time from empty

Taste and function is identical. Pro tip: insert a MFLB glass or wood stem into the mouthpiece for a nice improvement in vapour quality. After using Pax 3 for the last little while, the Alfa flavour is at least on par, if not slightly, arguably slightly, better.

ALFA Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi guys, a quick heads up, we have just released a new "Vapor cooling kit" it consists of 2 x vapor straws with mouthpieces.

The kit is now available for $5 on our website, we look foreword to hearing your thoughts.

https://alfagoboof.com

Untitled-2.jpg
18402838_242499966231615_8515849574035269940_n.png

ALFA Vaporizers,

hinglemccringleberry

wow are those long.. what are they made out of? i was thinking a 2cm or 1 inch long piece of borosilicate glass would have sufficed..

hinglemccringleberry,

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I just have to say, whats up with the name "GoBoof". Are they not familiar with what that means? (Lol). Also, this unit actually does seem interesting and perhaps good for the price

FractaLSD,
Reactions: PPN

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ha! those are long, and not that classy :)

But they're cheap and you could just cut it to the length you prefer. . .

Never been too bothered myself, but it seems a common thing others want and I get why. The mouthpiece can get a bit hot, but I do love how discreet it looks. . It's nice that there is finally an option!

EDIT: I'm assuming those straws are connected to the connector ,and not just a regular black drinking straw stuffed into a normal mouthpiece? :)

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

EDIT: I'm assuming those straws are connected to the connector ,and not just a regular black drinking straw stuffed into a normal mouthpiece? :)
that would be hilarious. At least use the bendable straws with the slinky section for even more vapor cooling!
I just have to say, whats up with the name "GoBoof". Are they not familiar with what that means? (Lol). Also, this unit actually does seem interesting and perhaps good for the price
According to urbandictionary there are multiple boof meanings. All of them except one make it sound like this brand is self-deprecating, lol.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: DirtyD

PPN

Volute of Vapor
On the beginning of the thread somebody mentionned Goboof is a kayak term cause Ciaran the original owner was a fan of kayak I think...

PPN,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hi guys, a quick heads up, we have just released a new "Vapor cooling kit" it consists of 2 x vapor straws with mouthpieces.

The kit is now available for $5 on our website, we look foreword to hearing your thoughts.

https://alfagoboof.com

Untitled-2.jpg
18402838_242499966231615_8515849574035269940_n.png

On the beginning of the thread somebody mentionned Goboof is a kayak term cause Ciaran the original owner was a fan of kayak I think...

Well, it would be nice if you made the "cooling units" available through a USA retailer so we could avoid the $15 international shipping fee! :) Otherwise, we could probably do just a well, or better, with a bit of silicon tubing to fashion a whip of our own, preferred length.

Yep, I recall the same thing regarding "goboof"....something the extreme kayaking folks apparently yell before launching themselves over a waterfall. Celtic in origin? Maybe, really don't know.

Fat Freddy,
Top Bottom