1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by dopefiend, Jul 22, 2014.

1. dopefiend

dopefiend Well-Known Member

I just had a very interesting call from a man with a great pedigree in portable vaporizers. He tells me he is now creating vaporizers for his new company, goboof.

What he had to say was very interesting: unlike his previous products, his new one, the Alfa, is battery powered. It's very small and very simple to use, and although it's conduction, he says they've worked hard to ensure that herbs keep their flavour. He said at the moment it's a flowers-only unit, but they are working on an adapter for use with oils. They are also working on water tool adapters and water tools.

It also has some pretty unique features such as a "puff sensor", which can either turn the unit off if it's not being used, or even increase the temperature automatically depending on how many puffs you've taken.

Also it is made in the UK! Parts sourced from Europe, final assembly in Northern Ireland!

Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but he is going to send me one to have a look at. I'm reserving judgement, but he did help create the first portable vaporizer, and it looks and sounds cool. He says it will be released first in the US, then Europe, hopefully both before Christmas. He aims to retail it for $200 US, or €140 EUR

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• All in one function dial guarantees ease-of-use.
    • Full control assured with 3 manual, 1 smart auto puff and 1 smart auto time and heat functions.
    • Innovative battery technology provides 2 Hours run time and 30 second heat up.
    • Hard anodised oven with heating-pin ensures even heat distribution and great long-lasting flavour.
    • Sleek ergonomic compact design with all metal anodised machined casing.
    • Automatic smart puff technology shut-off saves battery life.
    see http://goboof.com/ for more details.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

Looks like the iolite and the vapormax had a baby!

3. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Not bad at all, yet once again only 3 meager temperature settings... But it's a clear improvement over the FlowerMate Vapormax.

Quetzalcoatl and Shit Snacks like this.
  4. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

That's 2 more temp settings than the iolite had, so that's a step in the right direction.

:peace:

Quetzalcoatl, 215z and RUDE BOY like this.
  5. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

hello beauty...!!!

6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I'm intrigued by the heating pin idea. This thing looks like Pax 2.0. Most of the differences fix Pax problems, like the sticky mouthpiece and the temperature control button. I'd prefer at least one more setting at 160°C or 170°C, but this looks like a good device on paper. I wish manufacturers would pick up on providing information about the vapour path and materials used. I don't see anything on their website about those things.

KeroZen and btka like this.
  7. PPN

PPN Well-Known Member

I only saw this sort of heating pin in some chineses craps (Pax counterfeits and vape pen for dry herbs which burns) but since this vape is coming from a respectable manufacturer I hope it use a better technology.

Hard time to create a new portable vape, too much choices on the market and all with the same form factor and all using conduction, is it a step forward or backward?

KeroZen and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  8. mrweed

hello pakalolo and PPN, no actually the heating chamber looks like the one from the iolite and the wispr! Both units have the pin as well

9. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

does boof have a different meaning on your side of the pond?

RUDE BOY and Hippie Dickie like this.
  10. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Yeah I've seen the Chinese units using a pin, but the ones I saw were using a coil heater at the bottom of the chamber. I didn't know the Iolite and Wispr used a heating pin.

11. mrweed

they do!
    [​IMG]

SD_haze, Mr. Gweilo 420 and RUDE BOY like this.
  12. Severmore

Severmore Well-Known Member

This looks interesting. Any word on the battery being replaceable?

13. °k

°k Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance

Made in Europe but released in the US first? :disgust:

NickDlow likes this.
  14. KeroZen

I just realized how short the vapor path is on this one, you are supposed to draw from that black cone right?

I already couldn't stand how hot my Firewood vapor got with the tiny provided glass straw and had (like many people) to hack something longer.

The gf's FM VaporMax V is ok with a slightly longer mouthpiece but it doesn't do very high temps either.

What they did in the Ascent (having the vapor path running through the full device height and more) is very clever, even if it brought its share of problems...

I wonder how this one will fare...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    SD_haze and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. mrweed

I have no clue to be honest, but i expect there will be a tube for it or something

16. weenstoned

weenstoned Active Member

Anyone know the size specs of this? Looks pretty small, but maybe they used a hand model with giant hands.

mrweed and KeroZen like this.
  17. HillaryClinton

HillaryClinton Future ruler of earth

Look like it might be a tinge smaller then the Flowermate...

mrweed likes this.
  18. KeroZen

Oh crap, seems I was too vaked when I posted! I just looked closer at the pix and the bowl is at the bottom while the black cone is at the top, so vapor is flowing though the entire device length, this is good.

Anyone know what is this switch-like thing next to the bowl?

Severmore and mrweed like this.
  19. weenstoned

weenstoned Active Member

My money is on that switch ejecting the heating pin for cleaning. Or maybe the whole oven.

FUnhouse and KeroZen like this.
  20. Severmore

Any updates? I noticed the website is currently down...gearing up for launch?

RUDE BOY likes this.
  21. mrweed

beta units should be ready any time soon, but "The Goboof Alfa won't be released in the USA for another couple of months or so however we will have a specific launch date soon"

RUDE BOY and Severmore like this.
  22. Severmore

23. swoopingbird

swoopingbird New Member

Can anyone verify when this unit will be available for purchase?

24. mrweed

don't think it will be out anytime soon
    but will let you know when I have recieved an update

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors