Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

bounce5

I happen to like my Alfa, but the top gets VERY hot. If you are not sensitive to heat or want to use this through water it is a good choice. The MFLB wands and whips fit the Alfa nicely.

How is it with the MFLB glass or acrylic stem? Does it make the heat issue manageable?

bounce5,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Your battery sounds normal. But you should . . . . . . . . . . . continued

Thanks for your reply on my battery question!

My estimate that I get 3 X 20min sessions on a battery could be a bit wrong. I only really use the Alpha with friends so I just put the device onto one of it's auto setting and pass and puff until nothing is coming out anymore, I don't keep track of the exact time.
But I though the A/T setting was Auto Temp rise over a 20min period?

Either way I only get 3 sessions out of a battery for the most part, and was hoping someone might have some hints on a better battery to put into the vape. It's the same battery they used 2/3 years ago when the Alfa was released and I was wondering if a higher capacity option might now be available. . .

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
mrb,

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
I see that the manufacturer has a new color devices and discounts. New devices are somehow different? this vaporizer known some common defects? holding the lower door of the chamber? this part is reliable?

kilrtjat,

bounce5

I have a feeling this vape is kind of obsolete at this point in comparison to other vapes. It had a lot of issues with body getting too hot to hold, hot mouthpiece, a lid that gave issues. Also it has a long charge time and short battery life, and non-replaceable battery that will degrade over time. The one thing that I like is the size ,discretion, and it's good with small amounts of herb. It's on sale at Puffitup and comes to around $76 with a double discount. But with all the issues and lack of movement on this thread I am hesitant to go for it. I also read several reviews that said the PAX 2 is superior in almost every way.

bounce5,

thedekhoi

Has anyone tried using the X-MAX V2 glass mouthpiece or the Focus glass mouthpiece with the Alfa?

thedekhoi,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I emailed them a week or so ago and got a response a couple days later.

I love my Alfa - best looking vape by far, and super great usability - Especially for group use with the auto heat settings.

The charge times are long and the battery is not the longest lasting - it would be great to see this updated - and micro usb charging would be good too.

However - right now in the UK you can get two Alfa vapes for the cost of a Pax 2. So i think it's still a competitive option.

And pass through charging, so you can use it while plugged into the wall is something it has over many popular rivals.

hinglemccringleberry

I feel sorry for the unhappy campers with the hot-running latest generation Alfa. I used my 1st gen Alfa this weekend for the first time in about 2 months. Still love it. With my glass 6cm long Arizer Air gong/mp, I can't say that I have any problems with this vape. The vapor on low and medium doesn't feel any hotter to me than my Vapcap. This is still the best tasting vape I own on the low setting, the flavor on a fresh load is a bit more full bodied than my Vapcap, which also tastes very good. Draw resistance is perfect, not restricted, not too free. By the time the unit gets too warm, my session is done and I'm thoroughly baked. I really don't care if anyone says the Pax 2 is 'better' , this was alot cheaper and is faster to clean and IMO the 1st gen Alfa's vapor quality on low with a glass mp leaves nothing to be desired.

Last edited:

andylambe

Whoever bought the company Goboof Alfa seems to have non-existent customer service as they don't respond or acknowledge questions or inquiries about their product. Wake up Goboof new owners if you are listening
just traded mine with a new one, they have a new site and are accepting the warranties from the previous company.

hinglemccringleberry

where did you get your mouthpiece, does it make a difference which one i buy?

Check ebay item# 252857795076. It's the cheap Chinese version of the 14mm Arizer male joint. I sterilized it when I received it and never had an issue. I can't find the 1-pack anymore, which I got for $5 last year. This listing is for a 2-pack. If you want the genuine Arizer stem there are some sites out there that sell them and there are a few different styles of stems to choose from. I got this one so if I feel like it, I can hook it to my bong that has a 14mm female joint.
Then you'll need to go to your local hardware store and get some drinking water grade clear "whip" tubing and find the right diameter that will let you insert the Alfa mouthpiece and the Arizer stem, which are the same diameter - that's what allows the mod to work. I cut the tubing down to approximately 1.5cm long and used it to merge the mouthpiece and stem together. Works like a champ. I never use the Alfa without it unless I'm in stealth or snowboarding mode, which I'm usually not. I love this setup. Cooler vapor, and no plastic taste or smell whatsoever, I taste nothing but my herbs.

6nttPHG.jpg

If you don't want to do this mod, I've found that putting a chunk of organic cotton inside the Alfa MP reduces the heat on your lips significantly while simultaneously smoothing out the vapor, if youd rather stay stock.
I run both the cotton and the glass and love it. With those mods I have yet to find another portable that makes me want to shelf this thing for good, not even my awesome Ti Vapcap that's taking over the world right now.

Last edited:

huskerdu25

I got a replacement Alfa after my old one no longer was able to heat up. The only thing is that the temperature dial seems a lot less rigid than my old one (which was still from the newer generation).

I just worry that my new Alfa may turn itself on in my pocket since the dial has much less resistance when being turned.

I also had 2 15 minute sessions yesterday and tried charging it for the first time and it had a red light for one second and then went green. That surprised me because my old Alfa would need like an hour to go from red light to full charge after a handful of sessions.

Usually I wait for the battery to almost completely die before charging but I was just testing it out since I only got the unit yesterday.

huskerdu25,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I got a replacement Alfa after my old one no longer was able to heat up. The only thing is that the temperature dial seems a lot less rigid than my old one (which was still from the newer generation).

I just worry that my new Alfa may turn itself on in my pocket since the dial has much less resistance when being turned.

I also had 2 15 minute sessions yesterday and tried charging it for the first time and it had a red light for one second and then went green. That surprised me because my old Alfa would need like an hour to go from red light to full charge after a handful of sessions.

Usually I wait for the battery to almost completely die before charging but I was just testing it out since I only got the unit yesterday.

I use a large elastic band around the unit covering the dial to keep it from moving in my pocket.

I've also occasionally had the LED do strange things, like you mentioned. The vape would still charge fine if left for the 2+ hours it takes to charge. and within a cycle or two the LED will be functioning normal again. .

B

biggest-smoke

Check ebay item# 252857795076. It's the cheap Chinese version of the 14mm Arizer male joint. I sterilized it when I received it and never had an issue. I can't find the 1-pack anymore, which I got for $5 last year. This listing is for a 2-pack. If you want the genuine Arizer stem there are some sites out there that sell them and there are a few different styles of stems to choose from. I got this one so if I feel like it, I can hook it to my bong that has a 14mm female joint.
Then you'll need to go to your local hardware store and get some drinking water grade clear "whip" tubing and find the right diameter that will let you insert the Alfa mouthpiece and the Arizer stem, which are the same diameter - that's what allows the mod to work. I cut the tubing down to approximately 1.5cm long and used it to merge the mouthpiece and stem together. Works like a champ. I never use the Alfa without it unless I'm in stealth or snowboarding mode, which I'm usually not. I love this setup. Cooler vapor, and no plastic taste or smell whatsoever, I taste nothing but my herbs.

6nttPHG.jpg

If you don't want to do this mod, I've found that putting a chunk of organic cotton inside the Alfa MP reduces the heat on your lips significantly while simultaneously smoothing out the vapor, if youd rather stay stock.
I run both the cotton and the glass and love it. With those mods I have yet to find another portable that makes me want to shelf this thing for good, not even my awesome Ti Vapcap that's taking over the world right now.
Thankyou for all the advice im going to try this, i love a good project, the alfa company should sell one that fits out of the box, iv seen a few people talking about the heat.

mephisto

I am one of the few to have zero issues with a hot mouthpiece or too hot to hold device. I don't usually hanker towards a conduction vape, however, the Alfa gets the job done. I have owned a Pax 1 and a Pax 2, and the effects from the Alfa are massively more pronounced. Took my Alfa back to work with me for some creative motivation, the battery was nearly drained and by the time I got back to the jobsite (less than 1 hour on the car charger) the Alfa on medium setting adjusted my attitude very well. I think the newer models are micro usb, both of my units have been 3.5mm plug. For me, this is the best conduction vape out there. And that includes the 5 VC's I have owned.......

hinglemccringleberry

^Yup, that heating pin in the middle of the chamber works more magic than people realize. It gets a higher volume of vapor to your lungs in a shorter time. I can get to the same place with my other vapes but it happens faster/more efficiently with the Alfa which I often forget about, so I end up "accidentally" vaping more than I do with the other vapes, even though the session length is basically the same. Then when you cut off your session sooner to avoid overindulging, or you just need to stay stealth, you wind up with a very efficient vaporizer, all thanks to the pin. I get elevated more effortlessly with the Alfa than with any other vape I've tried, except the Volcano ;)

Last edited:

jakeattack77

Hey, anyone try to replace their battery? Friend gave me his old Alfa but the battery is trash due to degradation

jakeattack77,
Reactions: PPN

jakeattack77

damn, since its not mine i might not try it then if theres no other experience, but ill ask him.
im planning on getting a new vape, but this thing has started to grow on me, once i realized that it needs to be packed pretty tight for good vapor, really the only issue is battery only lasts one or 2 bowls and takes a day to charge.

jakeattack77,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Agree, the Alfa prefers a tight pack but with a 2nd top screen with a hole in the center you can sandwich a small load between screens.

IDK if it's still avalaible but there was a 99$ deal for black units on the manufacturer website!

ALFA Vaporizers

Manufacturer

6nttPHG.jpg

Hello mccringleberry, Your solution is ingenuitive and we are very impressed.

We at ALFA value the communities input and see there is an interest for a longer cooler mouthpiece. We are currently working on a new mouthpice accessory, that hopefully will be released in the near future.

damn, since its not mine i might not try it then if theres no other experience, but ill ask him.
im planning on getting a new vape, but this thing has started to grow on me, once i realized that it needs to be packed pretty tight for good vapor, really the only issue is battery only lasts one or 2 bowls and takes a day to charge.
you may be able to trade your old ALFA for a new one at a discount rate, see our "New for old" scheme here https://alfagoboof.com/repairs/

Last edited by a moderator:

hinglemccringleberry

Hello mccringleberry, Your solution is ingenuitive and we are very impressed.

We at ALFA value the communities input and see there is an interest for a longer cooler mouthpiece. We are currently working on a new mouthpice accessory, that hopefully will be released in the near future.
Thank you. There are others earlier in the thread who have done MP mods, check out the guy a few pages back who put a Storz & Bickel Plenty stem on his Alfa. There are several ways to hack the Alfa mouthpiece, mine being just one of the examples here.
If you put some sort of borosilicate/glass lining inside the existing Alfa MP, that by itself might solve the hot MP problem. If you go that route, what about putting a short stem through the hole so people can have glass on their lips instead of silicone?
It would also be cool if to have an inline bubbler accessory like the Focusvape Adventurer has.
Or how about a next gen Alfa 2?

Last edited:
Top Bottom