Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

narrowsparrow

Purchased 22 June, but not received for 10 days. Have already contacted the seller who did not write back. Have also contacted Goboof, who told me to contact Vapeworld for a warranty. When they found out I got it at eBay, they didn't want to give we a warranty. Goboof also wanted me to send it away for it to be worked on and said it could be up to a month. I don't want it "worked on." I want it replaced. But I may be SOL all the way around.

narrowsparrow,

Deleted Member 1442

Purchased 22 June, but not received for 10 days. Have already contacted the seller who did not write back. Have also contacted Goboof, who told me to contact Vapeworld for a warranty. When they found out I got it at eBay, they didn't want to give we a warranty. Goboof also wanted me to send it away for it to be worked on and said it could be up to a month. I don't want it "worked on." I want it replaced. But I may be SOL all the way around.

That's unfortunate. Maybe try email Randy at puffitup, I think the email is info@puffitup.com but I would verify. He's a great guy and helps out in situations like these. Tell him your situation, and maybe see if he can deal with the warranty for you (maybe for a small charge). But if not, maybe your only option is to send it in to goboof. By "worked on" they mean updating the software, because that was the issue. Let me know how it goes.

narrowsparrow

OK. Will do, vineetvel. I sure appreciate your help through all of this. You've been really reliable. I'll let you know what happens. In the meantime, it's LB or nothing!

narrowsparrow,

Tdtour

Hello everyone. How do you fill/load your alfa? I use a small spoon that I got from an in flight meal. It takes about three scoops of material to fill the chamber then I tap it down with the end of the spoon. I was just wondering if there was a faster easier way of loading the chamber.
@Ratchett do you have anything in the works as far as a funnel, like the one you have available for the pax 2.
Thanks.

Tdtour,

Justpassedu

I agree. I think his alfa is the old model with the heater problems. Know if goboof will still give him warranty?
No i don't know if they still will give it to him but it is worth a try contacting the company direct with your serial #. They are pretty easy to work with.

Deleted Member 1442

OK. Will do, vineetvel. I sure appreciate your help through all of this. You've been really reliable. I'll let you know what happens. In the meantime, it's LB or nothing!
Hey, its better than smoking!

Hello everyone. How do you fill/load your alfa? I use a small spoon that I got from an in flight meal. It takes about three scoops of material to fill the chamber then I tap it down with the end of the spoon. I was just wondering if there was a faster easier way of loading the chamber.
@Ratchett do you have anything in the works as far as a funnel, like the one you have available for the pax 2.
Thanks.
Yup, I use these test tube, they are perfect for pouring the bud into the chamber. Otherwise, a folded piece of paper. Scroll through this thread, there's a ton of packing tool ideas. I personally put a second screen on top, and press down with a dabber. Someone else here uses a Ikea replacement Knox which fits perfectly into the chamber.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RKMWVD0/

Deleted Member 1442,

Tdtour

Yup, I use these test tube, they are perfect for pouring the bud into the chamber. Otherwise, a folded piece of paper. Scroll through this thread, there's a ton of packing tool ideas. I personally put a second screen on top, and press down with a dabber. Someone else here uses a Ikea replacement Knox which fits perfectly into the chamber.

Thanks Vineetvel I did see your previous post, I do like the idea of a test tube but I am a bit clumsy so carrying around glass is not a good idea for me. I do store my material in a contact lense case. It has a right and left compartment. One I use to store material and the other to collect ABV. It is water proof hence smell proof. It may be on the small side but I find it hold about two and a half refills. Unfortunately I still spoon the material into the chamber.
I will try the paper funnel method, but i was looking for a device everyone may have come up with.
I wonder if there is a way to make a bud donut, that I can just put into the chamber. Any culinary artists here that can chime in?

Tdtour,

narrowsparrow

I was actually using a cut-off Slurpee straw. It's not the sturdiest, but you can pack pretty well if you are patient.

narrowsparrow,

Deleted Member 1442

Thanks Vineetvel I did see your previous post, I do like the idea of a test tube but I am a bit clumsy so carrying around glass is not a good idea for me. I do store my material in a contact lense case. It has a right and left compartment. One I use to store material and the other to collect ABV. It is water proof hence smell proof. It may be on the small side but I find it hold about two and a half refills. Unfortunately I still spoon the material into the chamber.
I will try the paper funnel method, but i was looking for a device everyone may have come up with.
I wonder if there is a way to make a bud donut, that I can just put into the chamber. Any culinary artists here that can chime in?

It's very light, so it doesn't break when you drop it. And it comes with 10.

Deleted Member 1442,
That glass pipe I linked is just a mini bubbler, which runs the vapor through a small amount of water. It cools the vapor and hydrates the hit so its a little easier on your throat. I would recommend getting the d020-d if you have the money, it hydrates/cools much better than the hydrotube. If you get the hydrotube you don't need an adapter, if you get the d020-d ask for a 14mm to 18mm adapter. And yes that grinder will work well, just grind for longer since its plastic.

If you get the d020-d or another bubbler with a 18mm connection. Here's a link to the adapter you need. If you get the hydrotube you don't need this. Also don't forget the mflb water pipe whip.
http://m.dhgate.com/product/male-18-8mm-female-14-5mm-glass-adapter/190729208.html#pd-019

I purchased the hydrotube, can you tell me if their are any common mistakes i should avoid, as a very small amount of reviews compain about water in the mouth or vape, is their angle you have to use it at?

I read somewhere in this thread of a way to get the alfa to stand with oven open facing up so you can put it straight in, turn the mouthpiece around so it's straight I think? My brother has a mat like they use for sushi but i'd imagine just folding a piece of paper so it pours in is the best way.

eskimo_rising,

Deleted Member 1442

I purchased the hydrotube, can you tell me if their are any common mistakes i should avoid, as a very small amount of reviews compain about water in the mouth or vape, is their angle you have to use it at?

I read somewhere in this thread of a way to get the alfa to stand with oven open facing up so you can put it straight in, turn the mouthpiece around so it's straight I think? My brother has a mat like they use for sushi but i'd imagine just folding a piece of paper so it pours in is the best way.

Common mistakes to avoid with the hydrotube. Definitely don't blow back or cough into the hydrotube, because water will flow back into the alfa. Also I can't describe this well, but bend the pipe into a loop, so that in case you blow into the hydrotube by accident, the water will pool on the whip, and not immediately go into the alfa.

Yeah it's easy to have it stand up, just take the mouthpiece out, and it will stand up by itself. And yes the paper method works very well, I recommend that. Not a whole sheet of paper, but just a small piece.

Deleted Member 1442,

mixchu69

http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-accessories/storage/doob-tubes-en/

mixchu69,
Hey all so i'm buying the vape from vapefiend now just wondering if i should buy some screens? I mean how long do they last generally? Reason being they have a 12 pound limit on free delivery and i doubt i will hit that again.

Also will any old 99% isopryl alcohol from amazon do the job?

eskimo_rising,

Deleted Member 1442

Hey all so i'm buying the vape from vapefiend now just wondering if i should buy some screens? I mean how long do they last generally? Reason being they have a 12 pound limit on free delivery and i doubt i will hit that again.

Also will any old 99% isopryl alcohol from amazon do the job?

Yes definitely buy screens. One lasts me about 20 bowls I think, but I'm not great with cleaning. If you clean them often with iso they'll last longer, but the edges of the screen ten to get frayed from taking it out and putting it back in. Maybe someone can design a thicker steel screen (kinda like the pax 2 screen). For the iso question, yes, and 99% iso or rubbing alcohol will work. Also grab pipe cleaners.

Deleted Member 1442,
Yes definitely buy screens. One lasts me about 20 bowls I think, but I'm not great with cleaning. If you clean them often with iso they'll last longer, but the edges of the screen ten to get frayed from taking it out and putting it back in. Maybe someone can design a thicker steel screen (kinda like the pax 2 screen). For the iso question, yes, and 99% iso or rubbing alcohol will work. Also grab pipe cleaners.

Nice! Thanks that's everything i needed to know but i'll have to wait till the vapes back in stock, only took a day last time though.

eskimo_rising,

narrowsparrow

Well, vineetvel -- I don't know whether this is a good deal or not, but the guy on ebay said I didn't have
to return my Alfa. And he's sending me a new Pax instead. I guess I should be glad, but I ruled out the
Pax a while back. Oh, well. It's not a total loss at least. Do you think I should still contact Randy and/or Goboof? I haven't given the guy on ebay a reply yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

narrowsparrow,

josemembreno

Here is another great way to store and pack the alfa mentioned awhile ago. It is a container for Pentel erasers, item # PDE-1. I drilled a hole in the cap the size of the rod, and now it packs perfectly. The blue cap is the perfect size for the bowl, and it even has a lip on it so it can't go completely into the bowl and get stuck. Buy at Amazon or staples for about $3-$6. I think you get 12 tubes.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Refill-Eraser-Pencils-PDE-1/dp/B0015AOI6Q

josemembreno,

Deleted Member 1442

Hmmm. I would say definitely email Randy and goboof first, because the alfa is better than the pax in nearly every way. Also, there's a ton of counterfeit paxes out there, so there's no way of verifying that the one he would send you is legit. Did he want you to ship the broken alfa back to him?

Justpassedu

Here is another great way to store and pack the alfa mentioned awhile ago. It is a container for Pentel erasers, item # PDE-1. I drilled a hole in the cap the size of the rod, and now it packs perfectly. The blue cap is the perfect size for the bowl, and it even has a lip on it so it can't go completely into the bowl and get stuck. Buy at Amazon or staples for about $3-$6. I think you get 12 tubes.

http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Refill-Eraser-Pencils-PDE-1/dp/B0015AOI6Q
Doob Tubes man , I been using them for years & they are great : http://www.amazon.com/Doob-Tubes-Airtight-Packaging-4-Pack/dp/B006WCSP8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438286172&sr=8-1&keywords=dube+tube , prob same as what you linked or similar but these have nice sayings on them , found them at my local head shop years ago and use them all the time now .

Justpassedu,

narrowsparrow

Hmmm. I would say definitely email Randy and goboof first, because the alfa is better than the pax in nearly every way. Also, there's a ton of counterfeit paxes out there, so there's no way of verifying that the one he would send you is legit. Did he want you to ship the broken alfa back to him?

I figure I'm going to get a fake Pax as well. The ebay guy didn't want the Alfa back, so I'm proceeding as you suggested by emailing Randy & writing to Goboof. The fake Pax might work long enough to cover the repair of my Alfa. Getting a bit desperate to get something stealthy soon as I have to visit my dad & his unbearable girlfriend. My dad's 89th birthday. "Girlfriend" is 81. Need mind alteration to tolerate her!

narrowsparrow,

Deleted Member 1442

I figure I'm going to get a fake Pax as well. The ebay guy didn't want the Alfa back, so I'm proceeding as you suggested by emailing Randy & writing to Goboof. The fake Pax might work long enough to cover the repair of my Alfa. Getting a bit desperate to get something stealthy soon as I have to visit my dad & his unbearable girlfriend. My dad's 89th birthday. "Girlfriend" is 81. Need mind alteration to tolerate her!
Well free fake pax, maybe real. Why not? Yeah so what did goboof say? Did they flat out say can't do anything? Or that it would take a long time? Also, hopefully Randy may be able to help, but I'm not sure what he could do exactly.

Deleted Member 1442,

narrowsparrow

It's a crazy day today, so it will likely be tomorrow before I take another shot at Goboof. Then I'll write Randy, and I can feel like I've tried all that I can. I want to end up with an Alfa, though. Even though I had a bad experience with it, I really like everything about it. I can't wait to try one that works!

I found an article about fake Paxes & sent it to the ebay guy. No reply from him yet, but why would he tell me the truth? I have learned my lesson about ebay! This is the second bad purchase I've made from them in the vape category.

Will let you know how it all progresses. There might be something in this whole story that will help someone else down the line.

narrowsparrow,

Frodo

I'm sorry to hear you are having some less than good experiences with Ebay sellers...as the Alfa is a really good Portable Vaporizer. Unfortunately you need to 'know the Seller' on Ebay as there are way too many people who prey on others through an outlet such as Ebay!!!

I personally never buy anything on Ebay because of the 'Sellers' who turn out to be scam artists. I would rather pay more and purchase the real deal then take a chance at a price that's to good to be true. I know that most 'Sellers' are honest and have integrity but it only takes a couple bad ones to ruin the day!!!

Take care.....Frodo

narrowsparrow

I am totally with you on this, Frodo. Trying to save a few bucks has ended up costing me more. Best to buy at the source and get the warranty. Plus, you know you're getting the genuine article.

narrowsparrow,
Top Bottom