Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

Mike M

I hate to throw this wrench at you but I think you most definately are missing out on the best vape today. I have yet to hear anyone with a Crafty or Mighty state that any other portable rivals it. Does anyone honestly think a $200 vape will be superior to a $400 vape? Of course it's possible, but highly improbable.

It would be really helpful for Alfa owners to share what vapes they are comparing it to and how and why they think it's better/worse?

Please share your Alfa experience compared with your Firefly.
"Missing out on the best vape today", thanks Volteric, those words will now haunt me until I try one. I doubt the Alfa rivals it, but if it does it job well every time, which it does, what's the difference? Will watch the Mighty thread some more, definitely interested in it, just trying to save $469.

Volteric

"Missing out on the best vape today", thanks Volteric, those words will now haunt me until I try one. I doubt the Alfa rivals it, but if it does it job well every time, which it does, what's the difference? Will watch the Mighty thread some more, definitely interested in it, just trying to save $469.

I hear ya' bromie. Its both wonderful and painful to be a vaporist today with all these choices!!! You're right though, if getting medicated is your primary objective the Alfa looks like a fantastic option! The Crafty and Mighty, IMO are really the pinnacle of portables at this point with precise temp control, convection combined with conduction for efficient extraction with the best flavors I've ever experienced. If the Alfa tastes better than the Pax and is technologically reliable it looks like a nice pinch hitter for me, but I need to hear more comparisons and better user reports here.

Last edited:
Volteric,
Reactions: MoonMonk

Mike M

I hear ya' bromie. Its both wonderful and painful to be a vaporist today with all these choices!!! You're right though, if getting medicated is your primary objective the Alfa looks like a fantastic option! The Crafty and Mighty, IMO are really the pinnacle of portables at this point with precise temp control, convection with a conduction for efficient extraction with the best flavors I've ever experienced. If the Alfa tastes better than the Pax and is technologically reliable it looks like a nice pinch hitter for me, but I need to hear more comparisons and better user reports here.
There is a store that sells one down the street for $470, and you have now put me in a world of pain. Would love to know more about the convection / conduction options, but that is for another thread. I can say the Alfa is the most efficient, reliable, easy to clean vape I've had. I read posts on the thread of it going down, but I've been very lucky so far. I must stress the hack of removing the screen from the MP, putting a hole in the middle, and sticking in in the chamber for maximum effect.

Mike M,

Volteric

There is a store that sells one down the street for $470, and you have now put me in a world of pain. Would love to know more about the convection / conduction options, but that is for another thread. I can say the Alfa is the most efficient, reliable, easy to clean vape I've had. I read posts on the thread of it going down, but I've been very lucky so far. I must stress the hack of removing the screen from the MP, putting a hole in the middle, and sticking in in the chamber for maximum effect.

Personally, the Crafty is preferable to the Mighty in that I don't need longer battery life or a digital read out on the device. I'll take the smaller, stealthier form factor. They deliver the same results in terms of efficiency, flavor, etc.

Do you find that pin adds something special over the Pax? Is the chamber as large as the Pax or smaller? Do the first first tokes taste better or the same as the Pax? Does it taste the same or worse to you after a few draws? The Pax to me shined the first few draws but tasted like colon cancer thereafter. Same challenge with the Alfa?

Volteric,

SiDankies

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but for 400 the crafty cannot compete with the air. Arizer holds the crown it's simple as that. Cheaper better materials used, removable battery, glass air path, pretty much fully customizable mouthpiece.. You can get any stem that fits your needs. Air is more portable also.

But let's stay on topic of the alfa with this thread

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but for 400 the crafty cannot compete with the air. Arizer holds the crown it's simple as that. Cheaper better materials used, removable battery, glass air path, pretty much fully customizable mouthpiece.. You can get any stem that fits your needs. Air is more portable also.

:lol:

But yes more Alfa

Slow Draw McGraw,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You should have started your post with this part.

I'd expect to see Air x Crafty comments in various places on FC, but the Alfa thread is not one of them.

Re-quoting for emphasis and to wholeheartedly agree.

:peace:

Dbong1

I've owned the Pax for about 18 months now. Been through 2 of them actually. It's a good unit, for the first couple months, then they seem to crap out. Can't really compare to my out of service Alfa yet. The biggest difference is the bowl/load capacity.

Dbong1,
Reactions: Volteric

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I've owned the Pax for about 18 months now. Been through 2 of them actually. It's a good unit, for the first couple months, then they seem to crap out. Can't really compare to my out of service Alfa yet. The biggest difference is the bowl/load capacity.
Please come revisit when your Alfa is back. It doesn't help this thread to just trash on the PAX and then have nothing to compare but bowl size. plus we all knew that already.

Please read @SiDankies Post above

Slow Draw McGraw,

Volteric

Do you feel the Alfa's oven better bakes the material more evenly or does it retire stirring like the Pax?

Dbong1

Do you feel the Alfa's oven better bakes the material more evenly or does it retire stirring like the Pax?
Hard to say with any certainty, with only a couple uses. With both units the vaped product came out similarly in one big clump. Never actually stirred the pax, just used finely ground herbs and increased from medium to high for final extraction. Hopefully gotvape opens tomorrow so I can try to get a replacement/updated/working Alfa.

Dbong1,

Volteric

Hard to say with any certainty, with only a couple uses. With both units the vaped product came out similarly in one big clump. Never actually stirred the pax, just used finely ground herbs and increased from medium to high for final extraction. Hopefully gotvape opens tomorrow so I can try to get a replacement/updated/working Alfa.

I look forward to your review once your Alfa is up and running. It sounds like it's a contender but it's all relative-I can only get an idea based on your Pax use because that seems like the closest comparison?

Volteric,
Reactions: Dbong1

tripleg

From reading the thread it seems like the orders on these have been backed up pending a software update.

Have people been getting their replacements new functioning units as well as replacements?

I don't want to order one if it's on indefinite back order. I hate how merchants often make it appear the item is available when there are in fact delays and items are on backorder and there is no way to tell for sure.

tripleg,

Volteric

From reading the thread it seems like the orders on these have been backed up pending a software update.

Have people been getting their replacements new functioning units as well as replacements?

I don't want to order one if it's on indefinite back order. I hate how merchants often make it appear the item is available when there are in fact delays and items are on backorder and there is no way to tell for sure.

Good question. The last I checked their website says the Alfa is Out Of Stock but other online retailers, who knows?

maremaresing

You can trust it. I ordered on the 19th from gotvape and the updated unit was in UPS's hands on it's way to me on the 23rd. Read the last page of this thread, even. People already have received their updated units. I don't know why this is even a concern, or that people would be sketched out.

GoBoof handled this as well or better than a manufacturer of a new product should, and as of last week all is right with the world and ready to go.

maremaresing,
Reactions: 2 Paces

tripleg

You can trust it. I ordered on the 19th from gotvape and the updated unit was in UPS's hands on it's way to me on the 23rd. Read the last page of this thread, even. People already have received their updated units. I don't know why this is even a concern, or that people would be sketched out.

GoBoof handled this as well or better than a manufacturer of a new product should, and as of last week all is right with the world and ready to go.

I guess this being a fairly new industry, experiences are hit or miss. I think I had one too many misses and now just looking for reliable products and merchants.

tripleg,

maremaresing

I understand. It seems like in the last few years everyone and their brother has a new vape out or up and coming. There have been a lot of flops, and a lot of vaporware, and first run vapes tend to have their issues. You have good reason to be gunshy.

The alfa seems like a sure bet, though. Especially after seeing how this was handled.

maremaresing,

Dbong1

To anyone who returned a defective Alfa: Did they send you a different, new model or just swap out the guts and return your original? Curious, thanks.

Dbong1,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
I'm curious what actual improvements have been made to the latest versions of the Alfa. This is a vape I'm keeping a keen eye on, but I would rather any first model run kinks be worked out first.

snorcan,

thotfukr

I'm curious what actual improvements have been made to the latest versions of the Alfa. This is a vape I'm keeping a keen eye on, but I would rather any first model run kinks be worked out first.
My auto shut off works correctly now. The battery last longer for me now, about 1.5 hours and it just works the way it is supposed to work. The only things that could use improvement are battery life and having alternative mouthpiece options. I use my unit with no fear. I know if there is ever a problem it will get taken care of by Goboof/gotvape.

Dbong1 I got my original unit back.

Last edited:
thotfukr,
Reactions: Dbong1

Justpassedu

My auto shut off works correctly now. The battery last longer for me now, about 1.5 hours and it just works the way it is supposed to work. The only things that could use improvement are battery life and having alternative mouthpiece options. I use my unit with no fear. I know if there is ever a problem it will get taken care of by Goboof/gotvape.

Dbong1 I got my original unit back.

I thought these alfa's are supposed to get 2 hrs of battery life , No ?

Justpassedu,

thotfukr

Claims about battery life are exaggerated, at least that's been my personal experience.

thotfukr,

maremaresing

Battery life is listed for the lowest setting, I believe. It's probably exactly true, but only under perfect circumstances. This is standard in any industry. Things like using a higher heat setting, turning off and turning back on, etc, can cause the device to work harder than it needs to. 1.5 hours is far more generous of a real world use than I was expecting. It's kind of like when they say your car gets 32mpg highway. You CAN get it, but you probably won't every time.

My alfa got "early delivery" so instead of friday as I was sadly expecting, it arrives tomorrow! I'm so happy. It's an NYE miracle, and you better believe I'll be using it while out at festivities.

More mouthpieces would be cool, but the one included seems so versatile and compact. What would you change or want?

maremaresing,
Reactions: thotfukr
Top Bottom