Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

thotfukr

I would just like additional options for mouthpieces for at home use, something a bit longer and a nice bubbler attachment would be nice too. For stealth use the existing mouthpiece is perfect.

thotfukr,
Reactions: Kief

SiDankies

So i went to fedex today and got my unit. Just used it on medium and i know someone wanted me to compare with the air so here are my best comparisons so far. The Alfa is so much smaller. The Air is sexier, but the alfa is a cool little vape with a nice design itself. The alfas chamber is smaller than the air stems bowl. The alfa seems to require more herb than my air and in order to achieve best results requires a tight pack. Which brings me to one of my few gripes, xkpacking is a pain due to the oven lid closing and the rod in the chamber.

This alfa gets some crazy clouds man. This thing can get big clouds just like or right below the air. Nice thick satisfying hits. For a conduction vape, and including any vape the taste is great.

josemembreno

@SiDankies, Great to hear that the air and Alfa are both well received by you. Can you test to see which gets more draws with a similar amount of herb? Does one taste better longer? Does one outlast the other four battery life? Thanks...

PS, i agree on more mouthpiece options. I have almost lost mine twice because it wasn't pushed down tight enough and it fell out while walking my dog.

josemembreno,

MisterCorey

So I just made an account because this is the only information I could find about the Alfa. I bought mine from ebay a while back, got it on christmas eve and was happily using it for a few days, now it won't even charge, no lights from the device at all.

I have contacted the ebay seller (they look like that they're actually vaporizor.com using an ebay store) and I haven't heard anything back, i've also sent an email to goboof and vaporizor.com as well, no word as of yet with what to do.

What's annoying is if it's just to update some firmware or something inside the device, surely there must be a way I could do this from home right? I live in Australia and it will mean I will be without this vape for a lengthy period of time if I have to send back the device. I'm just really annoyed about this as I was waiting for so long to get my hands on this and now I can't even use the thing and there's been no response from all 3 places i've contacted (ebay seller, vaporizor.com and goboof).

MisterCorey,

Dbong1

So I just made an account because this is the only information I could find about the Alfa. I bought mine from ebay a while back, got it on christmas eve and was happily using it for a few days, now it won't even charge, no lights from the device at all.

I have contacted the ebay seller (they look like that they're actually vaporizor.com using an ebay store) and I haven't heard anything back, i've also sent an email to goboof and vaporizor.com as well, no word as of yet with what to do.

What's annoying is if it's just to update some firmware or something inside the device, surely there must be a way I could do this from home right? I live in Australia and it will mean I will be without this vape for a lengthy period of time if I have to send back the device. I'm just really annoyed about this as I was waiting for so long to get my hands on this and now I can't even use the thing and there's been no response from all 3 places i've contacted (ebay seller, vaporizor.com and goboof).
If you don't mind me asking, what are the digits on your oven flap?

Dbong1,

MisterCorey

:(

Just a very crappy thing especially when I had all this holiday time booked and I wanted to use the thing. Just curious, did you buy directly from Goboof? Who did you contact to arrange your return? Still have yet to hear anything from anyone as of yet and am thinking I wont until the new year.

MisterCorey,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Maybe @Ratchett could design an Alfa bowl packing tool that accounts for the rod in the middle? :shrug:

:peace:

Lol, You're not the first to mention this! I'd love to help! Maybe someone can PM me some pictures of the oven, if you had a ruler with Centimeters on it to help estimate dimensions, that would be awesome - if you have calipers to help get measurements, even better

Dbong1

:(

Just a very crappy thing especially when I had all this holiday time booked and I wanted to use the thing. Just curious, did you buy directly from Goboof? Who did you contact to arrange your return? Still have yet to hear anything from anyone as of yet and am thinking I wont until the new year.
I hear ya. Purchased my Alfa from Gotvape. They issued an RMA # and instructed me to send it to company headquarters in Ireland. Spent $15 on the shipping, which just about blew my 10% purchase discount.

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
These last several posts reinforce for me why I try very hard not to purchase first generation gadgets out of the gate. That said, I would also like to express some appreciation for all of you who have purchased the Alfa and shared your experiences so far. Thank you early adopters....please keep on posting about this vape

Justpassedu

So i went to fedex today and got my unit. Just used it on medium and i know someone wanted me to compare with the air so here are my best comparisons so far. The Alfa is so much smaller. The Air is sexier, but the alfa is a cool little vape with a nice design itself. The alfas chamber is smaller than the air stems bowl. The alfa seems to require more herb than my air and in order to achieve best results requires a tight pack. Which brings me to one of my few gripes, xkpacking is a pain due to the oven lid closing and the rod in the chamber.

This alfa gets some crazy clouds man. This thing can get big clouds just like or right below the air. Nice thick satisfying hits. For a conduction vape, and including any vape the taste is great.

Nice , thank you. I am awaiting my alfa as well and i am currently using the air. I am surprised the chamber is smaller on the alfa as it is so small already on the air. I am wondering about how many hits you got off of a full packing in the alfa. I thought the air was small but wanted a alfa for it's stealth and to be able to take it on the go. Do you know if you received a updated version ?

Dbong1 that's ridiculous , they should not have made you pay to ship it all the way to Ireland and they should have handled the problem for you as they are a distributor and this is a brand new item. I am now re-thinking my purchase with gotvape. I would not let that happen.

Last edited:
Justpassedu,

MisterCorey

These last several posts reinforce for me why I try very hard not to purchase first generation gadgets out of the gate. That said, I would also like to express some appreciation for all of you who have purchased the Alfa and shared your experiences so far. Thank you early adopters....please keep on posting about this vape

While I was using it, it was a great vape, I was getting better clouds with it than I was getting with my solo, I just feel that this is really big issue if it's widespread. I've basically spent $220 to use a device for a couple of days :(

I will post updates here with any responses I get from the people i've emailed in regards to getting this returned and fixed.

MisterCorey,

Mike M

Maybe @Ratchett could design an Alfa bowl packing tool that accounts for the rod in the middle? :shrug:

:peace:
I have never had an issue emptying it, and I thought I would before I got it.

When warm or hot, the material easily just falls out when I turn it upside down. Have never had to dig it out. And I pack it pretty well.

So bummed about hearing people having issues with the Alfa breaking down. I have had mine since early November, and it has worked perfectly since then.

Mike M,

maremaresing

After having an afternoon with the Alfa, I have to say this is one of the best vapes I've ever used, and hands down the best portable I've ever used. After so long, my hopes were really high, and it managed to exceed them by quite a lot. Fit, finish, and quality of materials is top notch. This thing just feels really great in the hand, and is a lot smaller than it looks in pictures.

Vapor production and flavor are great, and it really packs a punch. I expected it to be powerful, but this is on par with my solo, or better. I cannot decide if I love or hate the chamber size. It takes a lot to fill it but, I'm sure it will also last a long time.

Mine arrived on a low charge, so I've been charging it off and on all afternoon. I hope the long charge time is normal, as it still shows red. edit- it just turned green all is normal.

Great job, GoBoof! This thing is a great deal for that price.

Last edited:
maremaresing,
Reactions: thotfukr

Branza

So, I finally got my Alfa. :D

I ordered it from vapefiend.co.uk, they had it in stock again a few days before Christmas, with the updated software. Later the same day, anyway, it was sold out again.

After a couple days with it, I'm pretty amazed with the results it gives. I always feel really medicated.
It seems, anyway, that I'm not experiencing the same flavor experience + cloud production that the other users are, except maybe for the first couple puffs.

Maybe the product I'm using is a little bit old and dried, but the flavor side actually disappoints me a little, especially after reading a lot of positive comments regarding that.
Basically, I try to fill the chamber and push it a little bit down, to make it tighter, and I switched the screen position as suggested here (so now the screen is in the chamber).

Still, good results but not what I was expecting. I should maybe work on my drawing technique. How do you guys do it? Any suggestion? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Branza,

MisterCorey

So, I finally got my Alfa. :D

I ordered it from vapefiend.co.uk, they had it in stock again a few days before Christmas, with the updated software. Later the same day, anyway, it was sold out again.

After a couple days with it, I'm pretty amazed with the results it gives. I always feel really medicated.
It seems, anyway, that I'm not experiencing the same flavor experience + cloud production that the other users are, except maybe for the first couple puffs.

Maybe the product I'm using is a little bit old and dried, but the flavor side actually disappoints me a little, especially after reading a lot of positive comments regarding that.
Basically, I try to fill the chamber and push it a little bit down, to make it tighter, and I switched the screen position as suggested here (so now the screen is in the chamber).

Still, good results but not what I was expecting. I should maybe work on my drawing technique. How do you guys do it? Any suggestion? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Well when I was using it I found the best way is to pack it pretty tightly. Also I found I didn't have to use my grinder on it, using my grinder didn't really do much, instead I just pulled the stuff apart with my hands. After doing the above two I was getting huge clouds for ages. It was a great experience.

MisterCorey,

Branza

Hey man, thanks for the reply!

I'll try pulling the stuff apart with my hands and let you know. Still 9:25am here and in the office, so it will be in a few hours :D

Couple questions:

- with packing tightly, you mean completely filling the chamber, or filling the chamber, pushing down, and fill it a little more?
- "using my grinder didn't really do much" means that grinding it was giving you the same result you have when you pull the stuff apart with your hands, or it was actually worse?

Branza,
Reactions: Jill NYC

clukx

So the battery life is about half of a pax? I really like this unit but battery life is pretty big to me

clukx,

thotfukr

Well when I was using it I found the best way is to pack it pretty tightly. Also I found I didn't have to use my grinder on it, using my grinder didn't really do much, instead I just pulled the stuff apart with my hands. After doing the above two I was getting huge clouds for ages. It was a great experience.
I find that a tightly packed oven of finely ground flowers sandwiched between 2 screens works best for me producing huge clouds on all temps. I pack it till its full then tamp it down. I like it pretty tight. I generally put enough in the oven that it takes half hour to fully extract the meds.

Last edited:

maremaresing

So the battery life is about half of a pax? I really like this unit but battery life is pretty big to me

No? The other way around? What battery life are you getting on your Pax? The one I used died after 30 minutes of use, and my alfa definitely surpasses that. On paper the Alfa is 2 hours runtime, but I'd expect 1.5 hours in normal life usage. It depends on lots of different factors.

A friend and I went to town on the alfa last night. This person usually uses a cloud evo, and that's the first and only vape they haven't found disappointing performance from. Their tolerance is seriously high. We were passing it back and forth and every time he was exhaling huge clouds of vapor from his nose and mouth, coughing, looking really shocked. After a few pulls he would tap out every single time. THAT is proof positive how awesome this vaporizer is.

While I've watched him go through 5 cloud vape basket loads in a sitting, we didn't come close to killing a load between us last night. Just passing it back and forth, endless clouds.

He, like everyone else, is completely sold on this vape.

The best part? There is no special technique to getting clouds. Just start up, wait a bit, inhale however you want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom