Alfa Vaporizer by goboof

thotfukr

My RMA was processed and a new unit was shipped 2 day, but I won't even get it till Wednesday because it excludes weekends.

thotfukr,

maremaresing

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these after months of drooling over it. The expert way defects have been handled by goboof and gotvape confirmed my purchase, though I would have gotten one in the next month anyway.

I cannot wait to use it. This seems to solve almost all of my problems with the portable vapes on the market. Even with new recent vapes, this one is ahead of the curve.

Now to just cross my fingers that gotvape gets my backorder out very soon. Ive given up on having it by this friday, but by nye would be nice.

maremaresing,

LucrativeTuna

Wizard-esque
Does anyone have any experience with vaporizor.com's customer support in regards to the alfa or any other device? I'm not getting any response back after trying to get my alfa replaced.

LucrativeTuna,

Erikim

Okey dokey. So it seems a firm pack will produce bigger hits. As for draw techniques, I'm not sure which technique is better. My roommate seems to prefer cigar style puffs, where he draws vapor into his mouth, and inhales with an intake of fresh air. He draws about 6-7 times and gets good clouds.

I've been trying a slow steady draw, and get good hits as well. But not sure which odraw technique would have bigger clouds. It's not that I am unsatisfied with the amount of vapor production, just trying to refine my technique.

For heat settings, I only take 2-3 hits on LOW for those flavor hits, and then crank it up to MED for 5-6 draws, and finish off the oven on HIGH till I get little vapor production. ABV has been coming out coffee brown in color so I'm sure of even extraction. I just like seeing big clouds!

Erikim,

SiDankies

My new unit has still yet to come here and they really take forever to answer my emails .. I have been without a unit for about 2 weeks now after only having it for a week. Kinda dissapiinnted

SiDankies,

vapeape77

My new unit has still yet to come here and they really take forever to answer my emails .. I have been without a unit for about 2 weeks now after only having it for a week. Kinda dissapiinnted

Ah mate, I think our units went dead on the same day :bang: Yep the thing that is most disappointing is the lack of communication, much less the fact that I still don't have a replacement unit.......

vapeape77,
Reactions: SiDankies

josemembreno

Who is not offering quick support? The resellers or goboof? I had great service from gotvape but heard vaporizers.com can be slow.

josemembreno,

vapeape77

Who is not offering quick support? The resellers or goboof? I had great service from gotvape but heard vaporizers.com can be slow.

Well I say both Goboof and gotvape are not responding as expected. Goboof responded to my email over 3 work days after trying to reach out to em and gotvape has had my returned Alfa since Dec 12th and I have yet to receive any confirmation a new unit has been shipped. It's rather ridiculous.......

vapeape77,
Really scary hearing about the malfunctions. Being manufactured in Ireland was supposed to be a plus. I got mine 2 weeks ago and it works even better than I thought it would. Mostly loose pack on medium then up to high for 5 or 6 draws. Just waiting for it to crap out like the others though. Also, The old Otter Box 1000 makes a perfect, nearly indestructible case for the Alfa. It fits in there as if they were made for each other. :worms:

Ronald Reagan,
Does anyone have any experience with vaporizor.com's customer support in regards to the alfa or any other device? I'm not getting any response back after trying to get my alfa replaced.
I got my Alfa from vaporizor.com. They told me that my new unit would be shipped out on Friday, or Monday. This was because all the units they had would have the software updated on Friday. Since I haven't received a shipping confirmation, I figure mine will be sent out on Monday. I have not had the best customer experience with them. A lot of delays, and poor communication.

josemembreno

I dont blame goboof for the resellers service. I hope this is just a sign of it being around the holidays and them being very busy.

So far I'm loving my alfa and no issues with mine.

josemembreno,

vapeape77

Since it sounds like the sellers were waiting for the Goboof software update it's hard for me to say that Goboof has nothing to do with my return service through the seller.

If someone (anyone, manufacturer or seller) would have communicated with me about the delay, I would be much more understanding.

vapeape77,

maremaresing

Also, The old Otter Box 1000 makes a perfect, nearly indestructible case for the Alfa. It fits in there as if they were made for each other.

That's GREAT news! I have one of these kicking around that I was eyeing hoping to use for the alfa. What a great combo.

Being one of those who has waited weeks to get a working alfa must be very frustrating. I really hope you are at the front of the list and will get your units back after this update. Perhaps everything was just waiting on this?

This must be pretty hard for them to field during the holidays. Things get so backed up for businesses such as these. It only takes a little bit to tip the scales into some very negative customer experiences. Even more so when you have bring someone in to manually update an entire batch of vapes.

maremaresing,

thotfukr

I have experienced really good overall service from gotvape and goboof. The last time I called gotvape the person seemed a little annoyed by my question's about when they where going to send my unit back to me. On Friday it was processing so I hope they mail it today so I have it for Dirtyphonics.

thotfukr,

vapeape77

Yes! New replacement unit is indeed shipping today:rockon:

One question for those without the updated software, are you going to request an update to your unit? Wondering what my friend should do with his working unit. I recommended the crap out of this vape to friends....

vapeape77,

Mike M

This has been posted here by a member.

Good new my unit has arrived! Will review any differences i see with this "new software" Hopefully this unit lasts much longer.
Would love to know what the software update does, please let us know as soon as you can

Mike M,

Volteric

I got the alfa, and I definitely had some fun playing with this unit.

This thing built super well, the box is designed well (definitely targeted at the extreme sports guys; skateboarding, snowboarding, parkour etc.)

This thing is like an upgraded FlowerMate V5.0s to some extent.

Same type of shape, but smaller.
Same type of simplicity, but even more simply due to the dial.
It it way easier to inhale than the FlowerMate V5.0s

Upsides - So EASY to use
- Small little guy, looks really well built
- Works really well, great vapor production
- Very small resistance for inhaling

Downsides - Small Battery, I could see a powerbank being very useful, along with a car charger.
- On the third setting (highest setting), I could see some people with sensitive lips feel the heat. So the units can get uncomfortable hot for some. (maybe if they get a longer mouthpiece?)
- Cleaning could possibly be an issue, I haven't use it so much that I needed to clean it yet.

Overall for $199.99 i think it is worth the value!

Here are some photos I took of my unit, and also compared its size to other devices.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

I'm curious how you feel this devuce stacks up against the Pax?

Top Bottom