AirVape legacy

jbm

I was discussing my order and asked this question with customer service a couple days ago:

"What is the deal with this vaporizer as to being “pure convection.” Some manufacturers seem very loose on their definition of “convection” (versus conduction or hybrid). For sure, to be clear, “convection” means hot air flowing through the herb/material—either caused by the person drawing the hot air through herb/material or by a fan blowing it through the herb/material. In other words, the herb is not heated by any other means but hot air flowing through the material—either continuously or at the press of a button (on-demand).

The test of whether a vaporizer is convection is if the vaporizer is on but not being vaped/used—does the material heat up? If the material heats up just by being turned on, but is not being vaped, the vaporizer is by definition NOT convection.

Conduction, on the other the other hand, relies on radiant heat. The oven itself gets hot and that heat radiates through the material

A hybrid vape, utilizes both convection and conduction/radiant heat.

Given those definitions—what is the Legacy?"

So far radio silence...
Yeah, they're crazy vague about this. You really cannot get a straight answer out of them, they just keep repeating "pure convection" over and over.

junny89

I was discussing my order and asked this question with customer service a couple days ago:

"What is the deal with this vaporizer as to being “pure convection.” Some manufacturers seem very loose on their definition of “convection” (versus conduction or hybrid). For sure, to be clear, “convection” means hot air flowing through the herb/material—either caused by the person drawing the hot air through herb/material or by a fan blowing it through the herb/material. In other words, the herb is not heated by any other means but hot air flowing through the material—either continuously or at the press of a button (on-demand).

The test of whether a vaporizer is convection is if the vaporizer is on but not being vaped/used—does the material heat up? If the material heats up just by being turned on, but is not being vaped, the vaporizer is by definition NOT convection.

Conduction, on the other the other hand, relies on radiant heat. The oven itself gets hot and that heat radiates through the material

So far radio silence...

Would be interested to hear their response. When I asked they just said pure convection that’s about it. Oh also keep checking for more updates.

junny89

I keep getting the same.. if it wasn't only 99 bucks I would have probably canceled my pre order by now..
Agreed. Same here.
I do have a slight feeling it will be delayed as May is only around the corner. Since the day I have ordered there is no new info been released or the promised video that was due soon.

oh also, I asked about the carry case. For the x and Xs they both come with a plastic shell you can safely carry with. You don’t get one for the legacy and chances are they will never make one. kinda sad they won’t as I really liked that idea and the fact the included one free with every purchase.

Brewervapesalot

I keep getting the same.. if it wasn't only 99 bucks I would have probably canceled my pre order by now..

Totally agree

Edit:

Response from company:

"Thank you for reaching out!

The AirVape Legacy is the first pure convection and a session type of vaporizer. AirVape X is a hybrid vaporizer. The herbs are being cooked inside the chamber using hot air.

Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. :)

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate it!

Warmest Regards,
[Deleted name] The AirVape Team"

Last edited:

RxPlorer

The AirVape Legacy is the first pure convection and a session type of vaporizer. AirVape X is a hybrid vaporizer. The herbs are being cooked inside the chamber using hot air.

I take that to mean that the legacy is true convection, but the heating element is powered for a set period of time. If true, I’m fine with that. I could still turn off the unit after 1-2 draws and not waste any actives on radiant heat.

junny89

I take that to mean that the legacy is true convection, but the heating element is powered for a set period of time. If true, I’m fine with that. I could still turn off the unit after 1-2 draws and not waste any actives on radiant heat.

I take away the same. I hoped it would have been on demand rather than session style. Would love it if there was a option for both in a menu setting or something. Session or on demand.

mulciber

My understanding (I pre-ordered) is that they are saying in unqualified terms that the Legacy is pure convection. My intuition is that they looked at the faults of the Firefly's design and applied themselves to correcting them. It's nothing more than a stab in the dark, but I'm anticipating something like the Firefly, but what it should have been. That's my hope anyway. If that helps.

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Since I pre ordered the sale is still there. However now you dont have to go through the questionnaire. I had to do that to unlock the discount.
I did speak to customer services and they were still planning for May delivery. Also some updates regarding some videos etc should be out soon also.
Anyone here got the airvape x and how are they finding it?
The legacy is my first airvape purchase.

I love my X, it's hard-hitting and super discrete. For vaping out in the world, it's my go-to.

Manity

Welp ive cancelled my order... I've been waiting and thinking I could have had the tinymight by now... So that's what route I'm going with them being at 1 month wait time. Good luck everyone and I'll keep an eye and if reviews are good I'll buy one because I've got VAS lol

RxPlorer

I noticed they have airvape legacy replacement batteries in the accessories section of the website now. I wonder if that’s a recent change.

junny89

I love my X, it's hard-hitting and super discrete. For vaping out in the world, it's my go-to.

So that’s reassuring. Glad to hear. Can’t wait for the legacy!

I noticed they have airvape legacy replacement batteries in the accessories section of the website now. I wonder if that’s a recent change.

that wasn’t there before so I guess they are adding items here and there.

Okla68

junny89

What I meant from the above post is that is this setup any good and effective? Or is it just a gimmick? If it’s good I’ll grab them as extra accessories for my legacy.

also it’s May now. Still no new of shipping sadly. I’ve emailed airvape support for extra info on shipping plus the videos.
Have a slight feeling they haven’t met all the pre orders they wanted as the offer is still live for the $100 discount.

junny89,

Okla68

What I meant from the above post is that is this setup any good and effective? Or is it just a gimmick? If it’s good I’ll grab them as extra accessories for my legacy.

also it’s May now. Still no new of shipping sadly. I’ve emailed airvape support for extra info on shipping plus the videos.
Have a slight feeling they haven’t met all the pre orders they wanted as the offer is still live for the $100 discount.
I use mine as a mouthpiece extension/extra cooling, the ENano Ice Stem fits the AirVape WPA providing extra cooling. The Bubbler itself is just so-so, Rarely use it !

junny89

Never used the Airvape WPA, but I've use many others, on many different vapes, and they all pretty much work well.

I use mine as a mouthpiece extension/extra cooling, the ENano Ice Stem fits the AirVape WPA providing extra cooling. The Bubbler itself is just so-so, Rarely use it !

thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it. I have a similar bubbler my self so I just need the wpa adaptor. Hoping the legacy is much more advanced and better Vape than the X.

I have a update as I just received a email. They have no new extra info and still state May as shipping.

Top Bottom