AirVape legacy

jbm

Hmmm I would be shocked if this was on demand, looking at the screen and button layout along with the design, it seems clear it will be a session style vape... I have no idea if it will have any palpable convection either, Airvapes were all conduction before, yeah? or were they hybrids?

I am tempted just because of that steep discount to pre order now, but at the same time I can't imagine it will work well for me just looking at the design... I like how it seems to be Firefly inspired, but some questionable aspects make me pause (is the vapor path a panel that just sits above the battery? what is the airpath? heating element and chamber materials? mouthpiece?)
The X is a hybrid. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't cancel my pre-order. If there's a way to pack a reasonably small oven and finish it in a few draws that could work for me. But for the most part I tend to take a couple hits and come back later, except at bedtime when I go for 4-5 good sized hits.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The X is a hybrid. I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't cancel my pre-order. If there's a way to pack a reasonably small oven and finish it in a few draws that could work for me. But for the most part I tend to take a couple hits and come back later, except at bedtime when I go for 4-5 good sized hits.

I wouldn't be mad at a hybrid or a sessioner (though I prefer to clear hits so vapor doesn't waste or gunk up parts) if materials and paths were pure, plus fast heat up and ability for small bowls... I would just like to get some more concrete info, and ideally some real photos that don't look like mock ups? Did I miss anything?

jbm

I wouldn't be mad at a hybrid or a sessioner (though I prefer to clear hits so vapor doesn't waste or gunk up parts) if materials and paths were pure, plus fast heat up and ability for small bowls... I would just like to get some more concrete info, and ideally some real photos that don't look like mock ups? Did I miss anything?
Nope, you're reasonable, there's just not a ton of concrete info available at the moment. I'm trying to get more info out of Airvape, but it's slow going.

jbm

Wondering if these are designed in us and made in China the April release date might be held.back for a little while. Maybe why your not getting info on it? @jbm
Could be. I keep asking them specific questions about whether it can microdose or be used like an on demand vape and they just keep repeating that it's "pure convection."

jbm,

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Just got the text on the pre-order last night, jumped on ordering today. I am glad they did away with the bubbler aspect, and made the case better than the fugly blue jeans and leather look of the beta version.

I love my X, looking forward to seeing how this stacks up against it, my Solo 2 and my M.

Not going to order any accessories until I try it out, for $99.00 it's a low-risk investment.

Manity

FYI

"**The first 50 customers who pre-ordered the new AirVape Legacy will receive a FREE wireless power bank with their order!
All order numbers from 20813098 to 20813146 - Congrats and enjoy!!**"

Grumpyrider

Infamous__vapes on Instagram
I'm just curious how this whole covid-19 is going to effect shipping dates. April is approaching quickly nice to have a new toy durning all this mess..

Grumpyrider,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Damn kinda sux. I heard late April last. You canget the charging base for 20 bucks on their partner site

Xclerk,

junny89

Finally pulled the plug and got the legacy!
Filled out the survey and received the power bank and $100 off!
Considering this, I thought it was worthwhile and still cheaper than any other direct competitor.
Just a bit a concerned,
Haze
Ghost
I was first adopter for both of these and had similarly pre ordered. shame both have shut down and leaving me out of pocket. The haze was just useless. Ghost is temperamental.
Only thing working is my magic flight.
I know the X and Xs as very popular and actually considered the X when I found the legacy.
It sure does look good and the features etc seem a deal not to miss with the discount.
Customer service said a video is coming soon !
Hope everyone is well

Brewervapesalot

What the hell, preordered. Features push the right buttons. Hope it lives up to the advertisement.

Edit: UPGRADE99LGC code still works for $99.00 price...

Last edited:

Grumpyrider

No update on shipping date? Last I heard was May.. but they're hardly advertising it so I'm thinking it'll get pushed back.. the 99 was a promotion a few months back. The fact that they're still doing it makes me wonder how many of us really bit? looks promising but I don't think we'll see it any time soon.

Grumpyrider,

junny89

No update on shipping date? Last I heard was May.. but they're hardly advertising it so I'm thinking it'll get pushed back.. the 99 was a promotion a few months back. The fact that they're still doing it makes me wonder how many of us really bit? looks promising but I don't think we'll see it any time soon.

Since I pre ordered the sale is still there. However now you dont have to go through the questionnaire. I had to do that to unlock the discount.
I did speak to customer services and they were still planning for May delivery. Also some updates regarding some videos etc should be out soon also.
Anyone here got the airvape x and how are they finding it?
The legacy is my first airvape purchase.

junny89,

jbm

Since I pre ordered the sale is still there. However now you dont have to go through the questionnaire. I had to do that to unlock the discount.
I did speak to customer services and they were still planning for May delivery. Also some updates regarding some videos etc should be out soon also.
Anyone here got the airvape x and how are they finding it?
The legacy is my first airvape purchase.
I have an Airvape X. It was my first vape. It actually has a number of good things about it. It's a combo conduction/convection vape. It is very small, well made, easy to load, decent battery life (though not user-replaceable, one thing the Legacy is supposed to correct) - those are the pros. The cons are that it's really a session vape. When you turn it on, it stays on for a preset period of time which I cannot remember at the moment. The oven is large, with no way to load smaller amounts (another thing the Legacy is supposed to address.) I like it, but like a Mighty without dosing caps, I don't use it unless I plan on finishing the whole bowl at a sitting. I've also pre-ordered a Legacy, which Apollo calls a "pure convection" vape, though they also say that the herb continues to heat when you're not hitting it. There is some sort of microdosing basket included. I go back and forth on cancelling my order. VAS will probably keep me from doing so.

junny89

I have an Airvape X. It was my first vape. It actually has a number of good things about it. It's a combo conduction/convection vape. It is very small, well made, easy to load, decent battery life (though not user-replaceable, one thing the Legacy is supposed to correct) - those are the pros. The cons are that it's really a session vape. When you turn it on, it stays on for a preset period of time which I cannot remember at the moment. The oven is large, with no way to load smaller amounts (another thing the Legacy is supposed to address.) I like it, but like a Mighty without dosing caps, I don't use it unless I plan on finishing the whole bowl at a sitting. I've also pre-ordered a Legacy, which Apollo calls a "pure convection" vape, though they also say that the herb continues to heat when you're not hitting it. There is some sort of microdosing basket included. I go back and forth on cancelling my order. VAS will probably keep me from doing so.

what’s VAS?
Yeah I’ve seen some really good reviews for the x. Even vape critic loves it.
Was only asking as if they were good vapes then the legacy will also be a good vape. If it builds upon the X then for sure the legacy will and should be great.
I thought if you don’t fill the oven completely it would be ok? Sort of micro dosing or does that not work?
The hydrology 9 I have had a pre set time too but I just start it again as i find there is still herb left to cook.
I don’t think the legacy is a on demand vape either as it looks like it will bake the bowl for a pre set time.

jbm

what’s VAS?
Yeah I’ve seen some really good reviews for the x. Even vape critic loves it.
Was only asking as if they were good vapes then the legacy will also be a good vape. If it builds upon the X then for sure the legacy will and should be great.
I thought if you don’t fill the oven completely it would be ok? Sort of micro dosing or does that not work?
The hydrology 9 I have had a pre set time too but I just start it again as i find there is still herb left to cook.
I don’t think the legacy is a on demand vape either as it looks like it will bake the bowl for a pre set time.
VAS = Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome, the need to always be getting another vape.
I asked Apollo about partially filling the bowl and they said it would lead to less vapor production. They also said not to use the liquid pad as a spacer.

junny89

VAS = Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome, the need to always be getting another vape.
I asked Apollo about partially filling the bowl and they said it would lead to less vapor production. They also said not to use the liquid pad as a spacer.
Oh hahahahaha. Yes I sure have that also lol
Hmm weird usually you can put the liquid pads as a reducer for micro dosing. Must really change the usage of the device if you do that and the vape is greatly affected.
let’s see what the legacy brings !

junny89,

Grumpyrider

I had the xs and really liked it, I skipped the X as I decided to try higher end vaporizers.now that I have i think It was a cool beginner divice but lacked as far as vapor cooling, battery life, and honestly flavor..At 99 dollars though its definitely going to be worth the try.

junny89

I had the xs and really liked it, I skipped the X as I decided to try higher end vaporizers.now that I have i think It was a cool beginner divice but lacked as far as vapor cooling, battery life, and honestly flavor..At 99 dollars though its definitely going to be worth the try.

isn’t the Xs a competitive priced entry level Portable vape? Im the same really I got my all high end vapes. Sadly a few didn’t pan out as I liked. The haze square pro and ghost mv1. They both served me well actually but the haze is dead now and ghost for now still going, which is still in my rotation.
I got it for $99 also but plus international shipping as I’m from UK. Thought they are aiming at high end as £200 that’s pretty high. What do you guys think ? I see the airvape tier system, entry level, mid level and now high end with the legacy.
That’s how I see them as they are priced accordingly too.
anyone got the new OM’s just released ?

junny89,

Brewervapesalot

I was discussing my order and asked this question with customer service a couple days ago:

"What is the deal with this vaporizer as to being “pure convection.” Some manufacturers seem very loose on their definition of “convection” (versus conduction or hybrid). For sure, to be clear, “convection” means hot air flowing through the herb/material—either caused by the person drawing the hot air through herb/material or by a fan blowing it through the herb/material. In other words, the herb is not heated by any other means but hot air flowing through the material—either continuously or at the press of a button (on-demand).

The test of whether a vaporizer is convection is if the vaporizer is on but not being vaped/used—does the material heat up? If the material heats up just by being turned on, but is not being vaped, the vaporizer is by definition NOT convection.

Conduction, on the other the other hand, relies on radiant heat. The oven itself gets hot and that heat radiates through the material

A hybrid vape, utilizes both convection and conduction/radiant heat.

Given those definitions—what is the Legacy?"

So far radio silence...

Top Bottom