Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Hyphy

This two-seperate-ecig-thread thing is a PITA...

@randomtoker you've been busy! That's a hell of a collection of supplies, thanks for sharing your experiments with everyone. I never tried VG in my recipes because of separation, but it would be dope if there were a way for it to stay mixed. Something about using terps makes me uncomfortable so I don't use em, but in time I'll give it proper research and may experiment.

Before using dremels and paperclips I recommend you try out a mini mixer that I posted about in the other thread (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...effective-cheap-easy.6287/page-53#post-960410). This thing rocks for mixing and is like $6 if I remember right. When I use it in a 1/2oz bottle, as the blades spin they fan out and bounce off the glass and create vibration as it mixes the solution. I think you would really like it.

My last batch, using the recipe I posted in the other thread, is at least a month old and looks exactly like the day I mixed it. That's using only 3 drops of EJ. I don't use it much though because I prefer straight flowers or concentrate. I originally got into mixing juice for vaping on the go but my dab pen is soo much smaller and stealthier that I rarely use the juice. If I could get VG to mix then I may change my mind..

randomtoker

Ya, sorry. The second thread is my fault really. It seemed that the other thread was all about using the smallest pens and mixing with the littlest amount of non-concentrate juice and finding alternatives to peg/pg/vg. I just wanted to talk about using real vape gear and using it for what it's meant for and excels at (lots of juice). At the time when I mentioned it in the other thread it seemed like there were several others that wanted a separate thread for that.

Anyway, I'll check out the mixer you mentioned, thanks!. I made a whisk last night and whipped up a batch. I got lazy though and didn't bring out the dremel. I used the makeshift whisk rubbing my hands together. The mix separated almost fully overnight though. I used a different concentrate for this one (yoda og with my Indica mixer). It looked more oily than the last so I'm not surprised. I had a few puffs and was able to warm up the tank and give it a shake to re-suspend. Pretty simple. Won't win any rewards but, to be honest even if I can't get it to stay mixed, that's a small sacrifice to use higher % VG. It's worth it.

I'm still going to keep trying though. Here's a pic of how the tank looks after I shook it up.

20160515_095537_HDR.jpg

After breakfast I'm going to dump the tank back in the shot glass and hook my hack whisk up to the dremel just to experiment. I'm also wondering if it would help to mix all the materials in succession instead of batch. So, mix the concentrate with peg first, then add pg, then slowly add vg, mixing thoroughly with a mixer the whole time. Regardless, I'm going to take the remaining 2g of concentrate I've got here and winterize it. It's a bit of a waste, but it will be a great test to compare if it mixes better after.

JBO

Regardless, I'm going to take the remaining 2g of concentrate I've got here and winterize it. It's a bit of a waste, but it will be a great test to compare if it mixes better after.
Really curious to see what your left with after winterizing.

So after vaping for a week I have sucked through all my "recovered" batch of juice and it was convenient, tasty and very effective. I was hoping it would last longer than a week but I was also like a baby with a bottle lol. One thing I did notice, and I think a few people mentioned this, is that the juice darkens slowly after vaping because of the PG. Even with only 10 drops I got this effect.

Tatse and effect never diminished and it kept the juice homogeneous the whole time so I'm happy with it!! Now time to try the purple alien mix. Also I went with a slightly higher dilution to see if I can use my tank more to its potential. I went with about the same amount PG to CC. 25 to 30 drops and will probably add 5 more drops of PG before I vape it.

As for a quick review on the Phoenix, it worked pretty good getting through the syrupy mix that I had with no hiccups. Only minor issue(also reason I am trying higher dilution) is that the mix seemed to climb up the chimney and I had to blow it back down onto the core. I think this was happening becuase my mix was thick and also so potent. You couldn't hold the fire button for long and I don't think the core would get hot enough until you took like 4 hits. I have a higher tolerance and I couldn't even really fire it for long without it melting my face off lol. But I still think it's a great tank! I'm hoping I can fire it for longer with the higher dilution and it can flow back down the chimney as well. It has also been a great no leak tank with a very pure flavor, so far I would highly recommend it! I put eliquid in my Gemini and it still leaks.

Oh also just a quick side note, I decided to oreded the sample 4ml vial of holy terp pure original flavor(they now have strawberry, tangerine and cinnamon roll) to compare to CC out of curiosity. I think I'm gonna try my next batch with that, see if it stays stable overnight then add the PG.

Deleted Member 1643

Freeze-dried loveliness.

cryo.jpg

Really curious to see what your left with after winterizing.

Why expect loss?

So, mix the concentrate with peg first, then add pg, then slowly add vg

Works well with just PG. Afraid to try VG. So many failures. Maybe minimize PEG400. PG alone tastes better than PEG400 + PG. Agree VG tastes best.

Finishing tank reclaim in PEG400 plus PG. Vapes very well after one tank. Tastes like plastic. Reclaim was flavorless and low strength to begin with, so maybe better with first run. (Don't want to waste - QWET from freeze-dried so delicious.) :p

UPDATE: Found mod sitting in puddle. Left damned drip-tip refill open. Ceramic coil gunked after one tank with reclaim.

I think this is ok because my terpenes aren't super concentrated.

If not using ~100% identified terpene, what is diluent and concentration?

Does viscosity, separation change as terpenes volatilize?

Last edited:

randomtoker

Works well with just PG. Afraid to try VG. So many failures. Maybe minimize PEG400. PG alone tastes better than PEG400 + PG. Agree VG tastes best.

Ya, I know I can make a stable mixer by using only PG and PEG. I'm experimenting with VG in the mix on purpose here. It's so much better.

If not using ~100% identified terpene, what is diluent and concentration?

The terpenes are in some kind of aqueous solution (probably pg or peg really). There's no way there's 30ml of pure terpene extract in those bottles. The aroma would be way more severe.

Does viscosity, separation change as terpenes volatilize?

I haven't been through enough tanks with the juice I've mixed to start noticing any changes in viscosity and separation in relation to terpene volatization. I imagine the terps must puff out earlier than everything else. PEG and PG vape out quicker than VG also. This is why it's crucial to let everything sit. Let your PEG/PG/VG mix sit for long time after mixing to thoroughly mix and also let your concentrate + juice mix sit and steep as well. The better and more fully clarified the solution is, the more stably it should vape I believe.

Don't want to waste - QWET from freeze-dried so delicious.) :p
Haha, I agree with not wanting to use high quality extract for this. It's why I use low grade shop extract.

So I'm doing a poor-man's quickie de-wax here. I dissolved the 2g of low grade extract, froze it for 24 hours, then poured it in a frozen jam jar with coffee filter hanging off rim. It's draining in the freezer now. I'll pour that on a dish in a few hours and let it evap overnight. It's not a real 'winterizing' but a quick de-wax is better than nothing. Plenty of fatty crap had clearly gathered on the bottom in the past 24 hours so it will make a difference.

I'm curious to see how much I'm left with after evap and scrape, and I'm more curious how much it helps with mixing with my higher % vg mixer. The first tank I mixed really almost stayed mixed for the 3 days it was in the tank. A very small slick of fatty oil had separated out only. This second tank I mixed (same pg/peg/vg ratio, different concentrate) did not stay mixed at all. The concentrate I used in that second tank was noticeably greasier and less stable than the first though so here's hoping it'll work better after the de-wax.

Has anyone ever tried just mixing THC tincture, instead of concentrate, with a vape mixer? The super pure, clear stuff you can get at dispensaries.

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Hey guys, some nice posts here since I checked last week. My vaporessos with co2 oil are still going great. The clogging/spitting issue is still around, but has somewhat worked itself out. The 1st pink mod with the sour diesel oil hardly clogs now, but the 2nd black one was always clogging after having time to cool, and needing much higher temps. This black one had a much tougher time wicking, and a good amount of oil was wasted climbing up the wick and spitting, but it cleared itself out by chance: i removed the tank to let my friend use the eleaf mod for a minute to confirm his own tank's resistance (it was reading off) and when I reattached my MELO tank (first time taking it off) the resistance went up, from 0.16 to 0.20, which is what the Ni200 coils are supposed to be. For some reason, the coils always read lower than rated, especially on eleaf mods.

HuauNQb.jpg

I also "jammed the throttle" by opening and closing the air flow on the base by twisting it aggressively several times. It felt a bit sticky near the narrow end, must have got gunked up with a little oil on the bottom of the coil, I hope much hasn't leaked into the base, but nothing is leaking outside of the tank still.:tup:

After this, the airflow opened way up and I was catching huge clouds! Enough so to lower the temps from 460-470, to the high 300's, but I went and settled at 420F @ 25w still for the best combo of flavor and cloud, just like the first tank I filled. Now when I pick up the black eleaf after it has sat, it only clogs a little bit sometimes, clears easier, and I still get the good clouds at lower temps, so that's an improvement! :rockon:

*edit just got done hitting it like 10 in a row and gotta say not harsh at all, I take it back. Actually leaves a nice tangerine after taste in your mouth when your done. I almost wanna call this a gravity fed DT ceramic disk Atty type set up it tastes so good and hits so smooth lol and the mix is still holding up and effects are great!!!*

Gravity fed DT ceramic donut! Nice! :luv:

I have 2 of these disposable cartridges that I wanted to combine together into one RTA and if all goes well, I'll be filling my own 2-3ml tanks.

Well, it's been proven now, if anyone doubted it. (I don't know who did, me?:D) If you get the ones that are diluted with a little glycerin, wicking performance will be better, but even carts with pure co2 can work. I wouldn't go much bigger than a 2-3ml tank due to the large investment it would take to fill it, and the potential large losses if you get any leaks. Once wicked up, my MELO III 2ml tank with the vaporesso looks like it could hold 4g with a full tank! :o :p

Indica (for night time):
  • 1/3 B Caryophyllene
  • no A Pinene
  • 1/3 Myrcene
  • 1/6 Linalool
  • 1/6 Limonene
Sativa (for day time):
  • 1/3 B Caryophyllene
  • 1/6 A Pinene
  • 1/6 Myrcene
  • no Linalool
  • 1/3 Limonene
Note about Terpene ratios and safety: These don't represent the actual ratios of terpenes within cannabis strains, but it's a simplified approximation of their relative amounts. Generally, if you look at the terpene profiles, these 5 terpenes account for the largest percentage of the total terpene content. Within strains, they tend to sort themselves into these general ratios but at lower amounts. Like Girl Scout Cookies has a very high B Caryophyllene count but it actually only accounts for ~8% ratio of the total terpene volume. However, I'm not adding 20-30 different terpenes, just 5, so I'm upping the overall amount of each that I am using to fill the total volume. I think this is ok because my terpenes aren't super concentrated. They smell strong and distinct, but not super pungent, so I think I have some leeway. Also, the total combined terpene mix still only accounts for 3% of the total volume of the juice. So, overall, I think I'm being sufficiently cautious. Terpenes are ultimately caustic solvents really so it's good to be careful I think. I encourage others to approach the subject with care and welcome anyone to call out anything I may not be considering here.

** Note about Terpinolene: While browsing lab results and making notes about terpene profiles in different strains, I noticed something interesting. The super cerebral strains that I love (the hazes, the supers, the jacks) had unexpected terpene profiles. I expected the clearly sativa dominant strains in these bunches to have the typical sativa profile (high pinene, moderate myrcene, no linalool, moderate limonene, high caryophyllene). Instead, they didn't! They all had very low terpene counts on all of terpenes. But, they all had very high percentages of Terpinolene (a terpene that is otherwise hardly present in other strains). Reading up on Terpinolene, the only physical effect I've seen documented is that it has sedative effects. Could be co-incidence, could be what accounts for some of the unique highs of those strains. In any case, I've ordered some Terpinolene to add to the kit and experiment with.

Nice detailed post :clap: I find this part about the terpenes especially interesting. When you compare the different effects of vaping your "indica" and "sativa" juice mixes separately, does it make a noticeable different on the type of high, or does it generically approximate the sativa/indica highs you enjoy from vaping normal flowers or concentrates? :hmm:

Regardless if this didn't mix perfect, it tastes AMAZING. Holy fuck I love VG. I used to vape at 20 watts on my Sigelei 90W mod, now I've stepped it up to 30 watts and the vapor actually feels cooler and smoother than when I was vaping HT based mix at 20 watts.

Just curious... what kind of coils/wire materials you're using?

This two-seperate-ecig-thread thing is a PITA...

Perhaps, but the other thread didn't have much relevant info to my interests, which is more vape gear oriented, not "make your own mix" stuff.:shrug: I'm loving my vaporessos so far, but I'd still like to find more info about other types of ceramic coils out there, how people are using them, in what kind of tanks, what kind of issues, etc.

So after vaping for a week I have sucked through all my "recovered" batch of juice and it was convenient, tasty and very effective. I was hoping it would last longer than a week but I was also like a baby with a bottle lol. One thing I did notice, and I think a few people mentioned this, is that the juice darkens slowly after vaping because of the PG. Even with only 10 drops I got this effect..

Just looked a little bit darker there... and you are using... a Griffin RTA with kangertech ceramic kanthals? I forgot

randomtoker

Nice detailed post :clap: I find this part about the terpenes especially interesting. When you compare the different effects of vaping your "indica" and "sativa" juice mixes separately, does it make a noticeable different on the type of high, or does it generically approximate the sativa/indica highs you enjoy from vaping normal flowers or concentrates? :hmm:

Yes. I was waiting to get more familiar with the juices to confirm, but yes. I've gone through a few tanks now and I can say I'm definitely noticing terp effects. It's not my imagination. The other evening I was puffing on my Indica mix and realized I was in full stoney couch lock Indica zone. Also, just the other day I had been puffing my Sativa mix and I caught myself running around the house in the middle of 3 things at once, forgetting what I was doing, and feeling a little hyper about it all. Classic Sativa zone as if I'd been smoking Durban Poison.

So ya, success there. I can make an AM and PM mixer. I don't know how familiar you'd need to be with these secondary effects to notice them, I don't want to over hype this, but it's a significant alteration of the experience for me. I'm going to keep experimenting with the terpenes. I think I can dial them back a bit, closer to 2% instead of 3%. Looking forward to adding Terpinolene to the mix, and trying some other ratios.

Just curious... what kind of coils/wire materials you're using?

I'm not building my own yet. That's next. Right now I'm using the Aspire Cleito tank. It has fantastic wicking and great airflow. Very simple tank design with a massive coil head that comprises the entire chimney and 3 huge wick slots. It has 0.4 and 0.2 ohm Kanthal clapton styled replacement coils using organic cotton (neither support temp control). I was using the 0.4 at 20 watts, but now that I'm mixing with 50% vg and the vapor is so smooth, I've stepped up to 30 watts.

http://vapenw.com/aspire-cleito-tank
http://vapenw.com/aspire-cleito-coils

I mix around 7:1, very thin. I experienced some leaking with this tank when it was under half full, but I just keep it upside down now when it's low and the juice isn't in contact with the wick slots so no leaks. I've been alternating between 2 coil heads. I soak the one in ISO and dry it while using the other and switch when I refill the tank (I fully clean the tank each fill). When I completely use the 5 pack replacement coils I have I'll start looking into a tank with a rebuildable deck so I can twist my own coils and easily replace the cotton wick each time I fill the tank.

***EDIT:
Also regarding this thread vs the other ecig thread, I thought of this one as for 'advanced' topics so as not to confuse people coming into the other thread with no experience. That thread seemed perfect for anyone wanting info on trying out the basics, and it had been solved: get an o-pen, get some CC solution, mix 0.6:1. It was mostly 'beginners' (for lack of better word) looking for info on exactly that and getting answers to exactly that.

Which is great! But I felt other conversations about 'advanced' topics (again, just lack of better word) were complicating the conversation there with a lot of crosstalk that would probably confuse a beginner. So ya, that's how this thread came to be and how it seemed maybe those conversations could be separated. Keep it simple over there, throw anything at the wall here.

Last edited:

Filhote

For me, a dripper works much better for all batches. I try so many different Styles of Tanks, Mixes and solvent combinations, with dremel and heat, freeze qwet concentrate, dry soak in vg-pg-peg with and without heat.....all with diy stuff or crosscombined...
The power batch made with marroc hash 1:10, weed mostly 1:5-7.
All clear an stable for 3month in Freezer or 1,5 month at roomtemp.
A wotofo ice3 dripper, 30-60 W, .4 Ohm and double Coil with ss316L wire and muji.
Stealth powerfull Variable portable no soaking

@randomtoker ...i think here is more detailed

Deleted Member 1643

So I'm doing a poor-man's quickie de-wax here.

What makes it a real winterizing?

Has anyone ever tried just mixing THC tincture, instead of concentrate, with a vape mixer? The super pure, clear stuff you can get at dispensaries.

Glycerin or alcohol tinctures?

For me, a dripper works much better for all batches.

Agree. Battery, wire and short cotton wick vapes almost anything. If not, only a little wire and cotton lost. Prefer titanium wire. Impressed with performance and flavor of new ceramic coil and tank but may require very pure concentrate to begin with. Also: two catastrophic leaks already (one clearly user error). Luckily, just mediocre juice experiments lost.

Contemplating 1 g first-run oil + 1 drop each PEG400, PG, VG, mixing after each. Hopelessly screwed after first drop VG, or will another drop PEG400 re-dissolve? Gradually maximize VG while minimizing PEG400 possible?

Last edited:

Filhote

Prefer titanium wire. Impressed with performance and flavor of new ceramic coil and tank
What Kind of ceramic Coil? Why Titanium? Today I try a ss316L dualclapton..... Unbelievable taste at .13 ohm

Filhote,

randomtoker

@Filhote what do you carry your juice around in for your dripper? Normal nic juice bottle?

@Accept I consider it a quick dewax because I'm using ISO and no vacuum. I'm not sure what the THC tinctures are dissolved in.

@JBO after the dewax, I was left with 1.5g so it removed 25% impurities. Went from opaque, greenish, unstable, oily wax to clear, golden, pull-snap. I did 24 hour freezer soak in ISO, then 2 hour freezer strain, then 18 hour evap. Well worth the minimal effort.

--------------

I made progress using the dewaxed concentrate, new ratios of peg/pg/vg, and a diy dremel whisk. Here's the full experiment from beginning.

First attempt ratio:
15% peg, 35% pg, 50% vg

Result (tank 1):
Mixed 7:1 with ok concentrate using lab stir spoon. Made a milky suspension that separated about 15% overnight

Result (tank 2):
Mixed 7:1 with crap concentrate using lab stir spoon. Made a chunky suspension that fully separated overnight.

Second attempt ratio:
25% peg, 25% pg, 50% vg

Result:
Mixed 7:1 with dewaxed concentrate using diy whisk on dremel (3k rpm). Almost made an emulsion, minor oils seen separating within hours though.

Third attempt ratio:
35% peg, 15%pg, 50%vg

Result:
Success! Mixed 7:1 with dewaxed concentrate using diy whisk on dremel (3k rpm). Made an opaque emulsion, with barely 1-2% tiny oil droplets separating overnight (morning pic below with diy whisk).

pixlr_20160518115358680.jpg

Thoughts:

So my goal here is to get a mix that works ok with 50%vg. I know for sure that the commercial mixers (ej, puff, ve, ht, etc) do not use that much vg.

Adding vg really stops the concentrate from dissolving. Peg becomes the key here. While concentrates dissolve in pg, peg really breaks it down so the vg can't fuck it up. BUT, the more vg there is, the more peg you need. AND the more vg+peg there is, the more the mix will emulsifuly vs dissolve.

This is why I'm certain the commercial mixers use barely any vg. Mixing with those juices results in a clear solution, not an opaque emulsion. They likely have high pg and peg and very low vg. You can taste it really.

This is all OK with me. My goal is to get something workable with 50% vg. I don't want to budge on that. I'll sacrifice using more peg, and having an emulsion instead of a clear solution, and maybe having to give the tank a shake in the morning. As long as it doesn't separate in the time it takes to vape the tank, it's good enough for me. I just want 50% vg. I'm close now. I'll vape this tank then try to repeat the same mix to verify when I mix the next.

Overall this is what I expected. I was hoping that peg could break down the concentrate enough that, with vigorous mixing, I could get it to emulsify in high % vg. And it's working. My hack whisk is helping. I was able to get it up to 3k rpm in the shot glass before it started to splash. I ordered a coffee mixer and I'll try mixing in a bottle next time so I don't have to worry about splashing.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

What Kind of ceramic Coil? Why Titanium? Today I try a ss316L

Vapeston Ceramikas. Titanium is easy to work with, contact coils for TC, few health concerns, good flavor. Haven't tried ss.

BUT, the more vg there is, the more peg you need. AND the more vg+peg there is, the more the mix will emulsifuly vs dissolve.

Good work - lots of PEG400. Curious about flavor.

randomtoker

Good work - lots of PEG400. Curious about flavor.

I'm feeling torn on it at the moment. Just based on initial impressions and comparing to the previous tanks, it seems like the increase in PEG has somewhat diminished the benefits that I was enjoying from the VG. On average puffs, I don't taste any bad PEG flavor, but the VG isn't coming through like it was before either. Even though the VG % has not decreased, the increase in PEG % has made the vapor less thick and luxurious. If I take a really long hit I can start to taste that PEG flavor at the end of it as well.

I'll vape through this tank and see how I feel about it. I may try something different on the next tank. Maybe 30/30/40 (peg/pg/vg). Compromise and lower the VG a little so the PEG can also be lowered?

The mixer that @Hyphy suggested arrived. I like mixing with it in a bottle. Works great! The power is rather low, seems less than 1k rpm. Simple and convenient though and it mixes very cleanly in a 20 ml bottle. Great idea! I like that split pole attachment. I'm going to try attaching it to my dremel so I can get some real power behind it.

JBO

Just looked a little bit darker there... and you are using... a Griffin RTA with kangertech ceramic kanthals? I forgot
I'm using a council of vapor Phoenix. It's a ceramic core tank, it doesn't have a replaceable coil, it's made to be cleaned and thrown away once it dies.(is supposed to last a while though) It's a kanthal wire and runs at a min of 50W. So far so good though! Almost 2 tanks through it and cleaning was easy after the first tank, just used little alcohol and provided brush.

@JBO after the dewax, I was left with 1.5g so it removed 25% impurities. Went from opaque, greenish, unstable, oily wax to clear, golden, pull-snap. I did 24 hour freezer soak in ISO, then 2 hour freezer strain, then 18 hour evap. Well worth the minimal effort.
Ok so better than what I thought, I was afraid of only coming out with like 1g left. Which I guess could be possible if we purged and everything but I was only willing to go about as far as you did lol.

Now for my updates after all the great posts lately. I ended up adding another 15 drops of PG to "batch 3" and 3 drops of cream soda eliquid. The eliquid ended causing a little seperating but I really had this vision of a Orange creamsicle flavor(which actually still came out great btw) It was only a small amount of cloudiness at the top so I could tell it was from the eliquid. A little more heat and stirring and it stayed mixed good enough to go into the tank. So after vaping the tank for almost a week it seems like I may have vaped some of the PG off faster than the rest of the mix. I think this would be the 15 drops I added the day before I added it to the tank. It's seems that way because it has gone back to the viscosity it was. Its still staying clear and stable but again is getting darker and you can really tell this time. The little bit of dark at the bottom is left from the first batch. It eventually mixed in which is of course responsible for some of the darkness.

This is today after vaping it all week. This mixture is definitely vaping smoother and seems easier for the tank to handle to. Still tastes great and I'm getting the hit of cream that I wanted even though no one else tasted it lol. I also ordered flavour art cream to add now instead of the eliquid. I got 3g concentrate for cheap, I was gonna try out the holy terp pure this time around but it's agent orange so I feel like I gotta use the tangerine flavor haha. Definitely headed the right direction with higher PG.

Prospector

Yeah, seems you vaped off most of the PG first which resulted in the remaining blend turning a deeper tint. That Phoenix tank is interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Prospector,

JBO

Yeah, seems you vaped off most of the PG first which resulted in the remaining blend turning a deeper tint. That Phoenix tank is interesting, I'll have to check it out.
Yeah I like it a lot, I like the ceramic after using the DT Atty so I wanted to stick with that. I was experiencing leaking with my vapresso Gemini so I looked for a relativity leak free design and this was it! You can get it on eBay for around $40 so it's not much more than an average tank and you don't have to buy coils! Yeah I think the first 15 drops of PG have stayed mixed in and have been vaping evenly because it still have some of the consistency. I do taste less of the cream now as well. I'm still so happy to have a good tasting, working product!
Happy vaping:D:sherlock::leaf:
And happy Friday!!:brow:

grnmtnvaper

Been using my aspire odyssey mini for a few months and couldn't be happier. I brought the rig with me on vacation and got through security without a second look.

The blend I'm currently using is:
1g high quality shatter
1ml puff majic original
Heat and blend
Added 2ml of pg
Split the batch in half
2ml in a glass with
1 ml pg
3 drops cookie (fa)
3 drops fresh cream (fa)
2 drops meringue (fa)
1 drop lime cold pressed (fa)
1 drop red touch (fa)

Let that steep while I vaped on the other unflavored half.

I put 2ml in the odyssey with a .16 ohm nickel TC coil and put another ml and a bit in my nautilus mini with a 1.8 ohm coil. To the nautilus I added a similar flavor mix after taking a few puffs on the unflavored. It was a really tasty cereal flavor and it came through quite strong.

Now that both tanks are empty (they were both vaped in about 24 hours but I was passing it to a lot of friends to get some opinions) I have refilled them with the pre flavored mix. The flavor is a lot milder but still tasty.

Thanks @randomtoker ! If it wasn't for you I would still be trying to suck thick 1:1 ratio juice through tiny wick holes. Thin is most definitely the way to go. Somehow I think I get higher with the juice being thinner. More gets to the coil and I get nice clouds.

Still too scared to put any VG in the blend since all previous attempt have separated. I think the suggestion about adding each ingredient in stages instead of trying to emulsify the whole batch together. If you were making mayonnaise or hollandaise you would slowly trickle the oil in while constantly stirring.

Just got an order in and I purchased two RTAs. I like changing coils with every tank and I usually just toss them. It's not terribly expensive compared to the cost of the liquid in the tank but a roll of titanium wire was 4 bucks and organic jamapese Cotton was 99 cents for 8 pieces. I think I have marerial to build coils for the next year or more.

Just need another TC mod or two and I'll be set.

This setup is so stealth its the only thing I take out of the house now. I can use it anywhere. On the street. In the store. I was even chiefing on it walking through the the airport!

randomtoker

Been using my aspire odyssey mini for a few months and couldn't be happier. I brought the rig with me on vacation and got through security without a second look.

The blend I'm currently using is:
1g high quality shatter
1ml puff majic original
Heat and blend
Added 2ml of pg
Split the batch in half
2ml in a glass with
1 ml pg
3 drops cookie (fa)
3 drops fresh cream (fa)
2 drops meringue (fa)
1 drop lime cold pressed (fa)
1 drop red touch (fa)

Let that steep while I vaped on the other unflavored half.

I put 2ml in the odyssey with a .16 ohm nickel TC coil and put another ml and a bit in my nautilus mini with a 1.8 ohm coil. To the nautilus I added a similar flavor mix after taking a few puffs on the unflavored. It was a really tasty cereal flavor and it came through quite strong.

Now that both tanks are empty (they were both vaped in about 24 hours but I was passing it to a lot of friends to get some opinions) I have refilled them with the pre flavored mix. The flavor is a lot milder but still tasty.

Thanks @randomtoker ! If it wasn't for you I would still be trying to suck thick 1:1 ratio juice through tiny wick holes. Thin is most definitely the way to go. Somehow I think I get higher with the juice being thinner. More gets to the coil and I get nice clouds.

Still too scared to put any VG in the blend since all previous attempt have separated. I think the suggestion about adding each ingredient in stages instead of trying to emulsify the whole batch together. If you were making mayonnaise or hollandaise you would slowly trickle the oil in while constantly stirring.

Just got an order in and I purchased two RTAs. I like changing coils with every tank and I usually just toss them. It's not terribly expensive compared to the cost of the liquid in the tank but a roll of titanium wire was 4 bucks and organic jamapese Cotton was 99 cents for 8 pieces. I think I have marerial to build coils for the next year or more.

Just need another TC mod or two and I'll be set.

This setup is so stealth its the only thing I take out of the house now. I can use it anywhere. On the street. In the store. I was even chiefing on it walking through the the airport!

That's awesome! Nice post. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I might start trying some of these cookies and creme and cereal flavors. They're so weird, but tasty!

I agree, thin mixing is more effective. It's so much more efficient. I think that's why it seems like you get more high than you think you should. I started at 3:1 and moved to 5:1, now I'm really happy with 7:1. I tried higher 8, 9, 10. They all still worked, but 7:1 is perfect for me now. A friend works at a vape shop and has his own line of nic juice. He says everyone who starts using larger sub-ohm gear, slowly drops their nic% over time and buys lower and lower % nic juice. He says he's seen the same pattern with everyone (and it's not people trying to quit smoking). It's the efficiency of the delivery system. Compared to any form of smoking, or vaping, nothing comes close.

-----------------------------

So ya, I tried another mix. I wanted to see if I could repeat the emulsion result. I was not able to do so. *sadface* I even dropped the % of VG so I could lower the PEG a little. I used 30%/30%/40% (PEG/PG/VG). I put my new split-pole mixer attachment on the dremel, mixed the concentrate first with PEG (stirring thoroughly with the mixer over low heat). Then I added the PG in stages (1/3 at a time), mixing thoroughly again on heat. Then I did the same with the VG, adding slowly in stages, mixing all the time. The result looked like a very fine emulsion. I thought it was going to do the trick. Unfortunately, it separated overnight.

I'm not going to add any more PEG to this one. I'm just going to vape it in portions, mixing again each time before I put it in the tank. Not sure what I'll do next. It has been a great experiment. I was able to get a couple of batches to sort of work. The first batch with low PEG and high VG tasted the best and somehow stayed the most mixed. I was really hoping that high velocity mixing would froth it into a fixed emulsion but it still separates. Let it be known I tried! For science! With the new mixing attachment on the dremel, mixing in a 20ml bottle, I was able to get it up to 6K rpm. If it was going to stay mixed that should have done it.

Now all I can really do is try to find a more stable ratio by dropping the VG%. I really wanted to see if I could get something workable near 50%, but it's not happening repeatably. I think I may try 25%/50%/25% (PEG/PG/VG) next time. If that doesn't work I'll flip the PEG/PG. If that doesn't work, then I may admit defeat and go back to just PEG/PG mix (the terpene and flavor additives cover the peg taste anyway).

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

I put my new split-pole mixer attachment on the dremel, mixed the concentrate first with PEG (stirring thoroughly with the mixer over low heat). Then I added the PG in stages (1/3 at a time), mixing thoroughly again on heat. Then I did the same with the VG, adding slowly in stages, mixing all the time. The result looked like a very fine emulsion. I thought it was going to do the trick. Unfortunately, it separated overnight.

Maybe it can't be done.:( Fine efforts all around.

If dispensary tinctures are in glycerin instead of alcohol, might just need to thin a little to vape from a tank. Considering higher dilution results, strong, clear glycerin tincture might work with sub-ohm hardware, even though seems like it shouldn't. Won't try extracting in glycerin again for now - too hard to filter clear.

Filhote

@randomtoker what temperature has the solution when you are stiring? Try 45°C for 20 min and 2 Drops Vodka! Good Vodka,not Bad cheap.the Ethanol helps to stabilice.
Today I try ve my first time... for me it's expesive to get ve here. But the result is similar like my selfescience batch. 10 PEG/ 40 VG / 50 PG as Base. Concentrate must be Drop for drop and 45 °C stir with the Base + the Vodka
All the time, this works fine, stable, clear and bÄm. Well medicated.

Prospector

Does adding Grain Alcohol (Everclear or another 95%+ proof) affect the taste or smell of the vapor at all? I'd like to include it with my first PEG400 & PG blend.

EDIT: Whoops, my mistake; seems the idea to use Everclear is for extraction and not for helping to blend the actual vape juice.

Also, does 6500 RPM sound too fast for emulsification purposes? Given the whisk isn't too wide.

Last edited:
Prospector,
Reactions: NorVape

grnmtnvaper

Anytime I have done an extraction using ever clear and flowers I always felt like I could still taste the alcohol not matter how much I purged it out, heated it or just let it sit. I have only just started using flavors so once I have a good flavor blend I am going to try with flowers again and see if I can hide the alcohol flavor. I am also interested if the flavors can hide the awful taste of ejuice made with reclaim.

@randomtoker i know what you mean about VG adding a sweet smooth flavor. I have gotten that effect using flavors like cream fresh, meringue, toasted marshmallow, and sweetener. Maybe that could provide the effects of VG without the separation. Using a RDA to test flavors I sometimes saturate the cotton with VG first. With the new RTAs I bought after building the coils you could prime the cotton with VG before assembling the tank and filling with PEG/PG mix with sweetened cream and milk flavors.

It's really important to steep some of these flavor mixes for days and sometimes weeks. Makes recipe development a time consuming process. I find flavor art fruit flavors to be very drying and cookie cream and sweeteners are needed to balance out the entire flavor profile. Some of these are very specific top notes that do not stand by themselves.

randomtoker

@randomtoker what temperature has the solution when you are stiring? Try 45°C for 20 min and 2 Drops Vodka! Good Vodka,not Bad cheap.the Ethanol helps to stabilice.
Today I try ve my first time... for me it's expesive to get ve here. But the result is similar like my selfescience batch. 10 PEG/ 40 VG / 50 PG as Base. Concentrate must be Drop for drop and 45 °C stir with the Base + the Vodka
All the time, this works fine, stable, clear and bÄm. Well medicated.
Nice one, I'll try that ratio. I was probably mixing around 60C at the highest. I was mostly mixing off the heat after it had gotten warm though, for about 20 minutes also. I was hoping maybe the terpenes would act like the alcohol. I'll try your ratio next time.

Does adding Grain Alcohol (Everclear or another 95%+ proof) affect the taste or smell of the vapor at all? I'd like to include it with my first PEG400 & PG blend.

EDIT: Whoops, my mistake; seems the idea to use Everclear is for extraction and not for helping to blend the actual vape juice.

Also, does 6500 RPM sound too fast for emulsification purposes? Given the whisk isn't too wide.
I believe @Filhote was talking about putting alcohol in the mix as you assumed. I've seen many nic vape juice recipes that include a few drops of vodka for flavor. He's doing it to help stabilize the solution.

Not sure what speed would be best for emulsion. I've tried everything from spinning a lab spoon in my hands, to the little battery powered mixer, to the Dremel. Can't say if any worked better or worse.

It's really important to steep some of these flavor mixes for days and sometimes weeks. Makes recipe development a time consuming process. I find flavor art fruit flavors to be very drying and cookie cream and sweeteners are needed to balance out the entire flavor profile. Some of these are very specific top notes that do not stand by themselves.
Agreed on all points. Flavor changes so much with steeping. I've found the fruit flavors to be too "pointy" on their own also. Although I disliked the strawberry at first because it was more flat, I now like it the best because of that. Since I'm also mixing terpenes, the other fruit flavors are combining to be too sharp. I was adding a bit of green tea and black tea flavor to mellow it out, but they've also got a bit of their own twang. I'm going to order some more flavors to experiment with.

randomtoker,
Reactions: NorVape
Top Bottom