• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

2clicker

Observer
@Accept... what RDA is that in your pic?

also if your using an RDA... why even bother making juice. why not just dab the oil off of a coil instead?

i thought the idea of making juice was to use a tank. just curious.

Prospector

@randomtoker Nice! Which mixer are you using at the moment? I really want one of these 110v 30K RPM handheld homogenizers!

Has there been any attempts here with non-VG based flavors?

Prospector,

Deleted Member 1643

@Accept... what RDA is that in your pic?

also if your using an RDA... why even bother making juice. why not just dab the oil off of a coil instead?

i thought the idea of making juice was to use a tank. just curious.

An Achilles RDA from Titanium Mods, Ukraine. Sadly, no longer in stock, but this is the second run, so there might be a third. Clones are available but not nearly as nice as authentic. A simple, elegant, nearly leak-proof design ideal for single coil TC builds.

Started with tanks, then went for an RDA. Never tried dabbing in this RDA, don't know why - not much different than a vape pen.

It's like Vape Donkey 650 says:

It would be nice to fill up a non-leaky tank with a gram of co2 oil and be able to vape it down to almost-empty and have the vapor be satisfactory and convenient.

While low-temp dabbing can be tasty, it's not very convenient or consistent and leaves significant foul-tasting reclaim. Dabbing in a vape pen seems even less efficient. Don't know yet if e-liquid is the best solution, but it's a worthwhile effort.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
An Achilles RDA from Titanium Mods, Ukraine. Sadly, no longer in stock, but this is the second run, so there might be a third. Clones are available but not nearly as nice as authentic. A simple, elegant, nearly leak-proof design ideal for single coil TC builds.

Started with tanks, then went for an RDA. Never tried dabbing in this RDA, don't know why - not much different than a vape pen.

It's like Vape Donkey 650 says:

While low-temp dabbing can be tasty, it's not very convenient or consistent and leaves significant foul-tasting reclaim. Dabbing in a vape pen seems even less efficient. Don't know yet if e-liquid is the best solution, but it's a worthwhile effort.

there can be quite a big difference between a premade vape pen vs building an RDA and running it on a temp control mod.

i used to do liquid all the time. it was always ejmix or the other (forget its name) and while that was pretty great... its still diluted. and tanks leak (which your RDA liquid method is a good idea now that i think about it) and that sucks. the idea of loading a lot of any concentrate IMO sucks because everytime the coil fires the rest of the oil degrades a bit. by the end it taste meh and that sucks. thats why "load as you go" is the best. it may be more work yes... but every dab will taste the same.

i had to give up on liquids. they are fun and convenient no doubt. i just dont want to compromise on the flavor for convenience. thanks for the heads up on the RDA. the clones are still avail ya say? any chance you can post a nice pic of the deck?

thanks again

Deleted Member 1643

thanks for the heads up on the RDA. the clones are still avail ya say? any chance you can post a nice pic of the deck?

xachillesii_parts.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gcuBLyEUgW.jpg

Planet of the Vapes' pic. Also nice review. The chimney between the posts is what keeps it from leaking.

there can be quite a big difference between a premade vape pen vs building an RDA and running it on a temp control mod.

What build would you suggest?

the idea of loading a lot of any concentrate IMO sucks because everytime the coil fires the rest of the oil degrades a bit.

Maybe low-dose glycerin tincture as an all day vape? Wouldn't want to vape so much PEG/PG.

randomtoker

pixlr_20160613091512763.jpg

Ok, this is weird but it works great so it seems worth sharing.

The Cleito tank tends to spit, and even at lower power tge vapor can get pretty hot sometimes. I had started cupping my fist around the mouthpiece to extend the vapor path, and I noticed how hot the vapor was on my hand. I decided to try to make an extension.

I have a big bag of nebulizer gear (long story, relative had emphysema). There is a tube that is perfect. Not too long, perfect diameter to fit on the tank itself, corrugated so it bends and collects condensation without dripping.

I covered it in hippy cloth to not feel so lame. I don't use it in public (other than backroad commute) but it really works great. Much more comfortable hits.

pseudox

I have PG and Peg 400, I had been using Puff Majic but its pretty expensive. What ratio of PG and PEG 400 would make a consistency like puff majic?

pseudox,

randomtoker

I don't know. I've done 2 separate grams lately mixed 1:1:7 (Concentrate/PEG/PG) and I still get some separation. I steep for over 4 days though until it completely clarifies. I'm starting to think that it's mostly just plant fats crashing out of the solution and the THC is dissolved. Last gram I filtered it off and the juice was strong as ever. However, I dissolved the filtered matter in PEG and vaped it also to positive effect.

Pictorial of process: shatter the concentrate, pour it in the bottle, add PEG, place in warm water bath, mix in PG with high velocity stirrer, let sit 4 days (end of each day pictured at bottom, notice separation).

pixlr_20160625161947992.jpg

If you're just mixing and puffing then anything will 'work', even straight PG. But you really need more PEG to get it to fully dissolve IMO. I'll try a couple 1:2:5 ratios next to compare.

I find mixing thin and steeping to be crucial (why I started this separate thread). The cannabis really doesn't properly mix when done low ratio and without steeping. My flavors remain the same from beginning to end of each tank, the contents of the juice vape evenly, the color of the liquid shifts to amber but not that black guck like when I mix thick or don't steep properly. Also my atomizer coils don't get as covered in oily crap (although I usually only fill my tank 2/3 and clean everything and swap atomizers each tank fill). These things make a world of difference, and beginning with the purest concentrate with the least byproduct (ie: shatter).

The whole "I don't want to dilute my precious concentrates" mentality is understandable but it's a dead end as far as this gear goes; square peg in a round hole. Just dab if that's what you're chasing. Using sub ohm tanks isn't about dabbing. It's about puffing eliquid, and wow bonus it has THC in it! You can make it taste like anything you want, but proper mixing and steeping brings out the concentrate flavor way more than what you get with stir and puff.

Prospector

Going to try steeping in my next batch this week and will report back! I agree, I think it is just fats being pulled away and remaining in the solution. Think this happened with my last batch and it dirtied up my tank.

randomtoker

Ya, what separates is not anywhere near the volume of the concentrate that was added. But it is active.

Here's my cleaning process BTW. I take apart the tank and put everything but the atomizer in a little glass jar with some ISO (colored because I reuse it a few times).

pixlr_20160626174846595.jpg

I swirl it around, let it sit a few minutes, place everything on a paper towel and wipe, then leave to dry outside for a while. I put the atomizer in the jar and leave it overnight, then take it out and let dry a couple days. I live in a desert so it's all fully evaporated. I alternate between a few atomizers.

When I fill my tank, I fill 1/2 - 2/3 so when I turn it upside down the liquid doesn't touch the wick slots. I store and carry it upside down to guarantee no leaks. Also, the less juice in the tank, the less tainted it gets by washback from oils that accumulate on the wick. You can see the color of my almost empty tank is still quite clear when done like this. This isn't just about color. Those oils that seep back are disgusting and ruin the flavor of your juice. The lower ratio you mix, the faster those oils accumulate and mess up your juice.

I got the perfect combination of terpenes and flavors in this batch. You have to be very minimal with them. Caryophylene is the key to get the base flavor. It's the most common terpene in all cannabis strains (and, interestingly, the scent drug dogs are taught to seek).

Notes: this was a Sativa profile mix. It's 1:8 which is a little too mellow for me. My favorite is still 1:7 overall ratio of concentrate to juice, but this recipe is still valid. Next time I'll try 1:1:6.

- 1g shatter / 1ml peg / 7ml pg
- 2 drops b-caryophylene
- 2 drops a-pinene
- 1 drop myrcene
- 1 drop limonene
- 4 drops pineapple (FA)
- 2 drops mandarin (FA)
- 2 drops blackberry (FA)
- 4 drops strawberry (FA)

I let it steep for 4 days and it doesn't taste like any of the above ingredients. It tastes like rosin. You know that pungent deep concentrate flavor that made you realize rosin was so much better than other concentrates. That. I was very happy with this recipe.

Terpenes are tricky. Too much caryophylene and it gets unpleasantly floral, too much pinene or limomene and it gets corrosive / solvent feeling (like all those 'enhanced' oil prefill tanks at dispensaries). I want a bit of a sweetener now to round out the last sharp edges of the flavor.

I'm not using VG for a few grams to compare. So far, I like that my peg/pg mix is very stealth. The clouds are much smaller than when my juice contained vg. The flavor seeps into pg better than vg so the end result is more flavorful and even. I miss the luxurious feeling clouds of vg and its natural sweetness, but so far so good. I've dropped my Wattage back to 22.5 (was up tp 30 with my vg mix).

Sorry for the wall of text. I've noticed some things that seemed worth sharing. Perhaps everyone has already encountered all this, but maybe not. Happy vaping!

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

New prep! :rockon:

Satisfied with results of getsoutalive's formula with reclaim, tried with first-run QWET.

QF7pLcz.jpg

1 g oil after evaporation, not purged. Likely dark because flowers are freeze-dried, still bright green. Tried no heat, but needed to apply gentle heat (<40C) - very humid environment. No reason to purge if just dissolving in PEG/PG. Apologies for poor photography.

OeWrgyd.jpg

After adding 3 drops PEG 400, mixing, and then adding 2 mls PG, mixing thoroughly (by hand) and keeping on gentle heat for 10 minutes. Concerned vigorous stirring/homogenization might cause oxidation and loss of activity.

OOmKNSo.jpg

On the left - original strength, on the right - diluted by half for 1 gm in total 6 mls PEG/PG. Will store at room temperature for at least a few days. Curious about effects with greater dilution.

Original strength, mix and puff, has acceptable flavor - much better than reclaim - on a 0.25 Ohm, SS 316L micro-coil at 50 J (~3.9 V), 450 F. Maybe too hot, but effects are good. Need to fiddle some more. Will try Filhote's dual coil solution to get some VG in the vape.

But you really need more PEG to get it to fully dissolve IMO.

Maybe different results with different starting material. Never started with shatter or budder. Even after purging, QWET oil is just stiff goo.

Last edited:

Filhote

@Accept it seems I have a similar process. But freeze dried? How it works?

Last week I try the so horny with 4 coils. 2 with DIY zero nic juice with high vg and 2 with my concentrate liquid. I need 130 watt for a powerful result at .14 ohm. But it works.

Deleted Member 1643

But freeze dried? How it works?

It's easy and fun! Basically follow instructable. Like large FoodSaver Fresh Containers, which work with FreshSaver, their cheap handheld vacuum pump. Amount of time required varies depending on amount of flowers, at least one week.

Traditional curing exposes wet flowers to air at room temp for weeks. That can't be good for potency, so harvest and freeze-dry immediately.

Posted pic in post#129. Looks exactly like when put into the freezer, except ALL of the water is gone.

Haven't tried smoking freeze-dried flowers. Vaping them gives intense flavors including vegetal flavors (similar to wet-vaping). Seems perfect for making oil, except for chlorophyll. Could probably inactivate to give prettier result.

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: randomtoker

Filhote

Last year i try fresh frozen plant with qwet and dry frozen the same way. Very very different result. Total different taste.

randomtoker

Cool stuff! Thanks for the pics @Accept

Totally agree starting material makes everyone's mixes different so it's good to see lots of different approaches and their results.

I'd like to hear your experiences with the diluted juice. You may be surprised how efficient sub-ohm gear is (but maybe not, everyone is different). I find the more diluted it is, the more of a creeper effect I get. I notice about a 5 minute delay to where it's really happening when vaping 7:1.

I've been thinking about stirring vs using a mixer. The fatty separation I get when using a mixer doesn't happen if I stir instead. It's like it all gets frothed up when using a mixer. I don't think it affects the strength at all, but if you're using peg/pg it doesn't seem like heavy mixing is really necessary (steeping always makes a big difference though). I'd like to try very low peg also in the order you did.

Also, I noticed in a qwet thread somewhere that people put the solution in the sun for a bit before evaporating and the color shifts from green to yellow. I was able to achieve the same with some juice I made from some pretty green wax. After mixing, i put it on a windowsill for a while and it shifted from green to yellow.

randomtoker,
Reactions: NorVape

randomtoker

(can't edit previous post, so I have to double post, sorry)

Feeling a little 'lungy' the other day so I'm taking a juice break for a bit. Trying to determine if it's the switch to pure PG, the added terpene experiments, or completely different factors (several nearby bush fires lately, air quality index has been bad).

I cycle, trail run, and free dive (just recreational) so I'm generally hyper-aware of my lung state and capacity. It's why I vape. For me, the least negative to worst impact on my lungs is: vaping juice > vaping weed > dabbing > smoking weed > smoking hash. But something in the past week is bothering me a little, feels like I've been smoking some chronic.

Possible I have slight allergy to PG? My mouth feels a little weird, but not irritated and my throat is fine. I've been super cautious with terpenes and never exceeded 2% addback. Most strains have anywhere from 1-3% naturally occuring terpenes so I used the average to be safe.

Seemed worth sharing. Going to make some tincture and chill.

Bad Ocelot

PG & PEG seem to irritate my throat significantly. Less harsh on the lungs but still noticeable. I also vape nicotine and have to use max vg liquids.

I've been working on a reclaim ejuice recipe with mostly vg. It'll stay in solution for a few weeks but separates eventually. I imagine it'd separate in a tank being repeatedly heated but it's worked fairly well in RDAs. Gonna mix up another batch in a couple weeks when I evap all the reclaim liquid i've got in the freezer, ha.

randomtoker

You're right - it's better more dilute. Pretty cool - less oil produces better effects. Not so hard to believe. Juice that's 1/3 oil probably doesn't wick or vape anything like regular nic juice. Current mix is 1g + 5ml PG. Maybe try a little more PG.

That's very cool to hear. For me, the magic range has been between 1:5 and 1:7. Lower than 1:5 starts to feel stronger than necessary, and higher than 1:7 starts to feel a little weak after a while. It's all good, but in that range feels optimal with the wattages and resistances I've been using (20-30 watts, 0.4 ohm). Look forward to hearing your finds.

Off Topic: Made a nice quick ethanol tincture this aft with wax and everclear. 12 min decarb @ 270, 3 min stirring, mixed 1:9, 6-12 drops under tongue, real nice! I should see if there's a concentrate + ethanol tincture thread...

Deleted Member 1643

12 min decarb @ 270

Doesn't ethanol burn under tongue? Why not just dilute with coconut oil? Interesting read. Haven't tried recipe, but trust Skunk Pharm.

270F is high for decarb. If you decarb in oil bath at 250F, you can watch decarb happening (tiny CO2 bubbles) and stop when optimal.

UPDATE:

Also tried Filhote's dual coil method - one with PEG/PG juice, one with just 80/20, VG/PG (no nic or flavor). Outside-the-box thinking produces spectacular results!

Learned so much from this thread - getsoutalive's formula, randomtoker's dilution, Filhotes dual coils. Thanks again, all!

Last edited:
Top Bottom