• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Bambu

Let me tell that was my first and last attempt at making tincture that way. I did the ole youtube special, Vg bath for several hours, strain, add to vape pen and voila!! Pure crap.

yea. tried samething. real weak

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

yea. tried samething. real weak
Rosin is the way to go. Its the friggin mix/ratio/coil/tank/wattage combo thats like a unicorn in the wild. Still lost as to why no company/dispensary/grower have taken advantage and produced a 1 tank/coil to rule them all.

Dabuisnez,
Reactions: Vapology

Martyboo

I'm mixing 1g of shatter with 2ml of wax liquidizer. Is this mix too thick??? I'm only getting about 3 days vaping before the atomizer in my Kanger subtank nano dies. I'm new to all this as well!! Great thread by the way.

Last edited:
Martyboo,
Reactions: ataxian

Dabuisnez

I'm mixing 1g of shatter with 2ml of wax liquidizer. Is this mix too thick??? I'm only getting about 3 days vaping before the atomizer in my Kanger subtank nano dies. I'm new to all this as well!! Great thread by the way.
Me personally i am thinking it needs to be diluted more. Having same issues. Next batch i make im going extreme 4/1 ratio.

Dabuisnez,

Martyboo

Me personally i am thinking it needs to be diluted more. Having same issues. Next batch i make im going extreme 4/1 ratio.

The flavor and the hit I'm getting in out of this world. I'm afraid if I dilute it I'm not goin to enjoy it the same. Anyone any knowledge of atomizers that uses ceramic heating element instead of a coil, which can be cleaned??

Martyboo,

Dabuisnez

The flavor and the hit I'm getting in out of this world. I'm afraid if I dilute it I'm not goin to enjoy it the same. Anyone any knowledge of atomizers that uses ceramic heating element instead of a coil, which can be cleaned??
Vaporesso makes some ceramic coils that fit on a few diff tanks. After reading a bit im intrigued.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Hey all my tankers and drippers! Ceramic lovers and flavor snobs.... I have many updates on the donut tank project:

I finally got some "live resin" htfse-type liquid set up on a donut tank for myself, and wow :o what a treat. More on that later....
r3K6tEE.jpg

Also the new evic primo 2-cell mod, very nice too :cool:

Besides that, I finally got around to making some double donut coil heads with the high-resistance 1.5 ohm donuts. This one ohms in at 0.63, and it replaced the 0.30 coil with two low resistance donuts that faithfully vaped 3 whole grams of 70% "pure cure" concentrate for me.
sIGJNCB.jpg

ewVJULm.jpg

This is about as clear as I can show the structure of the coil build in a picture

CpHNwvX.jpg

Filling through the top slots is pretty damn easy when your concentrate comes already in a syringe, or isn't very viscous and will take into an empty syringe easily

LaUgRp8.jpg

Fresh donut and ceramic wick getting steeped up before use, peeka-boo :D

xpLjVKv.jpg

zb4GNMn.jpg

RcOesUG.jpg

Several dozen puffs into this slightly different yet almost identical build: it works great and I'm declaring it a success, on par with my previous low-Ω donut tanks

The good: it makes about the same amount of vapor with the same great flavor, and (to my intent) it uses less battery draw. Another 0.70 Ω coil I made for my evic basic (coming later here) draws only 5 amps max at 30w, while the 0.33 Ω low-resistance donut coil I made draws a maximum of 8 amps @ 30w, during the initial warm-up period with TC, so that's good.

The bad: It did not fulfill 2 other intentions I had with the high Ω builds, which was a faster warm up time, with less watts. That didn't happen. The high Ω coils take the same time to warm up (2-3 seconds from cold) requiring the same 30w as the low Ω donut coils do. So it's not any worse, but it didn't meet my expectation. At least it draws less amps, which will help with battery life. Also, I don't have as much experience with the high Ω donuts, and cannot fully expect with confidence that they will hold up for hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of puffs without burning out like the low Ω donuts are known for. I've put up to 3 grams through the low Ω coils now, and I've vaped like a dozen grams of oils on a single 0.8Ω donut atomizer in DT 2.5 (non-tank) form, and those veteran donuts and attys will still fire up just fine So that durability and longevity is not yet proven with the high Ω donuts, but I'll find out with time, I guess. :shrug:

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: looney2nz

Vape Donkey 650

10k character and 20 image limit....

So on that note, longevity, and proven performance: here is that 0.3Ω donut coil for the cubis that I just retired, having served me well. This was the first double donut coil I made. I didn't get the puff counter on the shitty eleaf pico started with the original firmware (newest update has it now) but with 3 grams, that was hundreds and hundreds of puffs, maybe over 1k. Instead of re-filling when low, I forced myself to "vape it down" to see how much could be left on the tank and not be able to get any clouds. Also wanting to finish this tank up and switch to the high Ω donuts, this would not be my normal behavior to run the tank so low. This made the last 80-100 or so puffs not so very pleasant and tasty, compared to when the tank has more oil.

wdARAmF.jpg

Yuck? I'd estimate 250-300 mg or so left sticking around the coil head and glass and tank floor. This stuff was giving paltry puffs @ 420F, 245 TCR. But with my input material being only about 70% cannabinoids and a few % terps, no solvents, and run well-below combustion temps, I don't think I can realistically expect to have 100% of my material vaped up. Probably alot of CBN in here.

nvTeir4.jpg

HS7jTLJ.jpg

I was quite encouraged, however, with how clean the donuts look after all that action. The ceramic wicks didn't hold up quite as well. Although their integrity remains, and they served their function quite well, the reclaim and polymerization accumulates on the wicks, naturally. That can hurt the flavor when the oil level in the tank is lower. I will experiment with more moderate wicking in future builds.

x3Bx5hQ.jpg

The once-pearly-white readyXwicks look like turd logs, now. But they can be burned-clean and alcohol soaked back to like-new.
GMd0zIl.jpg

taKt9QI.jpg

dlqc0tA.jpg

So this here below was my latest tank that I set up for the CBD co2 oil, on my little blue evic basic. I rushed through vaping 2 grams, on 2 fill-ups, on this coil and tank. 777 puffs! Not much left on the tank after that. Only the last 30-40 or so puffs with me pumping up the temperature to vape the last little bits and chunks made the once-pristine vapor feel dry and crappy. This tank and co2 oil was super lovely for me at first :love: and mid-way, through hundreds of puffs, it stayed very pleasant, with minimal, acceptable levels of in-tank oil degradation :tup:

Hqg0TRv.jpg

On this coil, I experimented with a loop of wick on top of the top donut (lacking on other builds) and I think this was unnecessary and counter-productive. The top donut didn't need help staying wet if the tank is nearly topped off, and heating this dry wick repeatedly when the tank is mid-level to low only must have created more reclaim crust, not helping flavor. :hmm: I'll omit top wicks in the future :tup:
5tXutCb.jpg

MiOBLSE.jpg

So here's that 0.70Ω high resistance double donut coil for my evic basic to replace the 0.33Ω which vaped 2 grams for me. That old one could have taken at least 1 or 2 more refilled grams, I'm sure, but I wanted to relieve the poor little 1500-mah cell on this mod, I felt bad for it how it was discharging so deeply with the low Ω donuts. :( From 8 amps before to 5amps now, and I'm expecting a near-doubling of puff counts per full charge, (still collecting that data now)
dYiDb3Q.jpg

X6ddMks.jpg

0qB4BTN.jpg

7HkEtZM.jpg

uVV3GFy.jpg

I also upgraded the firmware on this mod to the "myevic" software, for more temp stability and more hacker-ish features and info to observe :sherlock: :science:

7fkfJKh.jpg

So this tank and oil is like deja-vu for me all over again! :lol: :p :cool: Same great oil and tank, just higher Ω donuts. I only set it up the first time 12/12/16, according to my old pics and posts. I'm loving the great flavor and CBD relief on this fresh fill-up. This is reminding me, however, of the problem of spitting little oil droplets and coating your tongue / teeth with a thin, sticky oil layer with use :p A bit annoying, but once the tank level settles down some, I'm expecting that to go away as I did before. :tup:

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Great work VD! :bowdown::clap:

Even though i'll probably never get the chance to try product like that where I live :cry:, I still love reading about it :D.

It sounds like the perfect vape experience to me.
Like the taste of good concentrate combined with an e-cig vaping experience? :drool:

Vape Donkey 650

Rosin is the way to go. Its the friggin mix/ratio/coil/tank/wattage combo thats like a unicorn in the wild. Still lost as to why no company/dispensary/grower have taken advantage and produced a 1 tank/coil to rule them all.

Rosin tends to have alot more plant particulates and chlorophyll and assorted "plant gunk" compared to other concentrates, which isn't the best for tank use, it will tend to gunk up your coils much quicker than co2 oil. But if that's all you got to work with, I understand. :| As to why no one's made a single tank/coil for concentrates yet, we're working on that ;)

perhaps co2 oil acts differently in a cartridge then rosin oil?
i wouldnt mind making a rig specific for oil,, dont know much about different rigs or what I need..
any tips on a build that I can look into would be great..

on another note. I just bought a kandypen elite for mobile dabbing...omg I love it ,, best 100$ bucks ive spent in a while..

it sure does act different in a tank. after having now vaped lots of co2, as well as runny bho/pho "live resin" and alcohol extracted oils in a tank, I'm concluding that high-quality co2 oil is the best concentrate for tank use. You don't have to thin it or cut it when using it on a properly wicking atomizer, and it degrades the least and preserves it's flavor and light viscosity the best with low temps and temp control, IME.

If you like that kandypen elite, you should try hooking up the atomizer to a temp control mod with a 510 adapter, it will vape much better. :o:science: For load-n-go, you should try out the divine tribe atomizers too, much bigger bowls and rebuildable at a fraction of the cost :2c:

If your trying rosin/WL combo remember these key points. You need a good wicking coil. Large wick holes. More dilution than 2/1 is ok to a extent. As you vape your juice will thicken. Starting off above 2/1 insures a better end result. But that's why i make 2 mil batches only. This is why i believe in sub ohm due to delivery. That much vapor will always get the job done. I jave never tried a cart before so im not sure why you don't have success other than your juice is requiring more temp to vape than your cart is giving you.

Further back in this thread, @randomtoker experimented with dilutions - basically, concluded more dilute is better, to a point. Didn't believe it, but get similar results.

Yes, @Accept and @randomtoker had this figured out. Especially if you're using something crappy like those little pre-filled 510 carts that are ~2.0 Ω and have pinholes for wicking, you will be forced to cut your product with more PG/PEG to get it thin enough to work with such meager vape gear. This compromises flavor and potency. If you open up to the world of larger RTAs with larger sub-ohm coil heads, especially with generous wicking holes / slots, you can get by with a stronger, less diluted thc-juice, or you can even fill it with fairly thick co2 oils (not watered down) and you can get pretty good results. :ko::tup:

so I syringed em all out and into my pico, melo tank..little over a 1.5 ml total..
burned well but had a sharp nasty taste,, and the taste grew worse,,,, now my carts were different mixes , different ratios,, one even had an orange creme flavor and another original,,, I would like to blame the terrible flavor on different mixes,, but I dont think it would have been that bad..

I dont know if the the alcohol was the reason for my bad experience cuz it was tasting real bad..but I dont think so ,, gonna try again,, with a fresh batch ina few days...oh and I ran the pico at 50w max
any thoughts?

but I was wondering why it was tasting so bad ,, if it was just like a bad flavor id be like ok,, I can work it out, ,,, but this was extremely harsh , unpleasant to the throat,,,
I used a new coil,, soaked it up before inserting,, loaded tank,, let it sit for like 40 min,,, first few hits were tolerable, , but not very pleasant, ,, tried it later,, awful..
had it set to to 50w max,,, but later turned it down to like 30w,, the puffs were there,, just product was awful.. like I said. im thinking this is other then bad product/ratio...
so before I try a cleaner (more expensive solution) any thoughts on the burnt harsh flavor?
been using ejmix

Well, besides having a solvent-heavy vaping material, I must ask, what coils were you using? (regular melo coils?) and were you using temp control?

Using just any old coil at 50w, especially if you're using it on power mode (watts mode) and you're not skillfully pulsing the fire button very quick (1-2 seconds max) or using something insane like a 0.15 Ω build, it seems likely to me that you're just burning up your cotton wick and oil (combusting, not just vaping)

If this is with a standard, poorly-wicking coil head more intended for moderate e-cig / nicotine use, the cotton could not even be soaking up well, which would contribute to that poor taste and performance.

My advice: find out about your tank and coils, set up your mod properly with a clean tank and try again. You have an istick pico? That's a decent mod. Just find out if your coil heads are nickel, ss, or Ti, and then set the mod to temp control for that metal type, and set the max watts to a modest setting for the coil Ω. The user manual usually has this info or sometimes it's even printed on the coil head itself, if you look closely at those tiny letters :suspicious:

I'd never expect optimal results on an RTA without temp control, so i hope you figure this out :(

Vaporesso makes some ceramic coils that fit on a few diff tanks. After reading a bit im intrigued.

Yes, I tried their Ni 0.2 Ω coils for a few months, several fill-ups, they seemed to work great, excellent flavor, good vapor production...great until they ALWAYS leaked out on me, over time, give it a couple weeks or so. (i posted thoroughly on these coils many pages back)

You cannot clean these coils. After I vaped one down to an almost-dry tank (the flavor degradation wasn't too bad) I tried to take one apart, but the ceramic heater is sealed in so tightly, it basically crumbles if you remove it. It is a small, porous ceramic cylinder with a metal wire coil inside of it and a very thin cotton wrap around it.

It seems some of you other guys here may be using only a single vape or two, (not the gluttony of dozens like me) so you can vape through the contents of a single fill-up on a tank in a few days or so, a week or two? If you vape that quickly, and don't put it in a hot car or anything, you may be able to avoid the leakdown from the bottom of the coil head the way it did for me, 6/6 times.

But if you want to let it chill standing up on your table/desk and puff on it intermittently, over the course of weeks/months, I think you must give up on top fill / bottom air (TFBA) coil heads and tanks. Leaking seems like an inevitability. :shrug: That's why I moved to the CUBIS tanks.

Also...after reading @2clicker's stunning expose on porous ceramic heaters, I am skeptical of these types of atomizers, and I'd rather stick to non-porous ceramic heaters like I'm using now, despite their inherent drawbacks and compromises

Great work VD! :bowdown::clap:

Even though i'll probably never get the chance to try product like that where I live :cry:, I still love reading about it :D.

Thanks for keeping up! :D Also, HI to all the new posters and contributors on this thread, I hope I'm not coil-geeking it up too hard for some of you guys with my article-like posts.

I wish everyone had free, easy access to a range of quality concentrates (and flowers!) in every state and country and jurisdiction, it would only be just, but we're still far from that goal :( so I accept that people will be home-brewing and cutting their juices until we get there.

It sounds like the perfect vape experience to me.
Like the taste of good concentrate combined with an e-cig vaping experience? :drool:

But for any type of thc juice/oil, regardless of where you live, the perfect sub-ohm, ceramic, temp-controlled, leak-resistant concentrate tank atomizer still eludes us! :o I think my double-donut coils for the cubis have gotten us pretty close, but it's not perfect :shrug:

It can still spit juice / climb the chimney when vaping, especially with lighter co2 oils. It doesn't let you vape 100% of the contents of what you load into it, I'm settling for 10-15% of the oil sticking to the tank and getting reclaimed-up when 'empty.' The oil / flavor does degrade over the course of hundreds of puffs, and it will get thicker, but not that much really, and the middle-tank level puffs are quite large and tasty still. A full / fresh tank (top donut soaking) can be like wow :haw: :science: :p :leaf:

And all you have to do is pick it up and press the button and draw, like a regular e-cig / sub-ohm box for juice. Reliable, and it doesn't leak! :rockon:

Not perfect yet, but getting closer. Good news too: prototypes of the factory made "vape donkey" RTAs are due soon, hoping to get those in my hands in the next couple weeks or so. :evil: Me and Divine Tribe will try to keep you guys posted. :tup:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
KFw7DdN.jpg

I have a few tanks and MODS.
GSC STRINE in GOON TANK at 40 watts on a 200 Watt device?

FORMULA
E-juice 70/30 (fruit flavors + chocolate mint)
KIEF added to E-juice (3-1)
1/2 long grain size DAB or squeeze of SHATTER or OIL.

MOD = whatever works
COILS = CLAPTON -4.5 SS
I have all kinds of coils?

Last edited:

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
I hVe a melo mini tank 3 and some thick ass shatter oil - so hard to get it in the tank. Any suggestions?

Do other tanks generally have more filling room?

Halfqq,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
pretty incredible, about to break down at least one of mine and check it out while I clean the tank and refill.
so far I've refilled probably 3 times with zero problems.
the one note (at the end of your post) about the 'spitting', etc... that's why I recommend folks don't try and put a whole 2g in there, 1.5g works great.
now you're making me want a new revision :)

10k character and 20 image limit....

So on that note, longevity, and proven performance: here is that 0.3Ω donut coil for the cubis that I just retired, having served me well. This was the first double donut coil I made. I didn't get the puff counter on the shitty eleaf pico started with the original firmware (newest update has it now) but with 3 grams, that was hundreds and hundreds of puffs, maybe over 1k. Instead of re-filling when low, I forced myself to "vape it down" to see how much could be left on the tank and not be able to get any clouds. Also wanting to finish this tank up and switch to the high Ω donuts, this would not be my normal behavior to run the tank so low. This made the last 80-100 or so puffs not so very pleasant and tasty, compared to when the tank has more oil.

wdARAmF.jpg

Yuck? I'd estimate 250-300 mg or so left sticking around the coil head and glass and tank floor. This stuff was giving paltry puffs @ 420F, 245 TCR. But with my input material being only about 70% cannabinoids and a few % terps, no solvents, and run well-below combustion temps, I don't think I can realistically expect to have 100% of my material vaped up. Probably alot of CBN in here.

nvTeir4.jpg

HS7jTLJ.jpg

I was quite encouraged, however, with how clean the donuts look after all that action. The ceramic wicks didn't hold up quite as well. Although their integrity remains, and they served their function quite well, the reclaim and polymerization accumulates on the wicks, naturally. That can hurt the flavor when the oil level in the tank is lower. I will experiment with more moderate wicking in future builds.

x3Bx5hQ.jpg

The once-pearly-white readyXwicks look like turd logs, now. But they can be burned-clean and alcohol soaked back to like-new.
GMd0zIl.jpg

taKt9QI.jpg

dlqc0tA.jpg

So this here below was my latest tank that I set up for the CBD co2 oil, on my little blue evic basic. I rushed through vaping 2 grams, on 2 fill-ups, on this coil and tank. 777 puffs! Not much left on the tank after that. Only the last 30-40 or so puffs with me pumping up the temperature to vape the last little bits and chunks made the once-pristine vapor feel dry and crappy. This tank and co2 oil was super lovely for me at first :love: and mid-way, through hundreds of puffs, it stayed very pleasant, with minimal, acceptable levels of in-tank oil degradation :tup:

Hqg0TRv.jpg

On this coil, I experimented with a loop of wick on top of the top donut (lacking on other builds) and I think this was unnecessary and counter-productive. The top donut didn't need help staying wet if the tank is nearly topped off, and heating this dry wick repeatedly when the tank is mid-level to low only must have created more reclaim crust, not helping flavor. :hmm: I'll omit top wicks in the future :tup:
5tXutCb.jpg

MiOBLSE.jpg

So here's that 0.70Ω high resistance double donut coil for my evic basic to replace the 0.33Ω which vaped 2 grams for me. That old one could have taken at least 1 or 2 more refilled grams, I'm sure, but I wanted to relieve the poor little 1500-mah cell on this mod, I felt bad for it how it was discharging so deeply with the low Ω donuts. :( From 8 amps before to 5amps now, and I'm expecting a near-doubling of puff counts per full charge, (still collecting that data now)
dYiDb3Q.jpg

X6ddMks.jpg

0qB4BTN.jpg

7HkEtZM.jpg

uVV3GFy.jpg

I also upgraded the firmware on this mod to the "myevic" software, for more temp stability and more hacker-ish features and info to observe :sherlock: :science:

7fkfJKh.jpg

So this tank and oil is like deja-vu for me all over again! :lol: :p :cool: Same great oil and tank, just higher Ω donuts. I only set it up the first time 12/12/16, according to my old pics and posts. I'm loving the great flavor and CBD relief on this fresh fill-up. This is reminding me, however, of the problem of spitting little oil droplets and coating your tongue / teeth with a thin, sticky oil layer with use :p A bit annoying, but once the tank level settles down some, I'm expecting that to go away as I did before. :tup:

Hydroyogi

Hi 4/20 folks
I made my own cannabis e liquid from trim and vg by heating for 5 hours and adding more vg every hour. The result is absolutely fantastic. I take a little in my mouth and in 15. Minutes I'm high for at least 4 hours.
I have really problem with vaping it.
I use my Ijust 2 for that but the coil burns very quickly.
I would like your advice how to make a new coil using the eleaf coils I already have. I've seen on YouTube how to rebuild it. But
Which wire ? Ss 316L ? 24ag or 26 ag?
I feel comfortable with 0.3 ohm. Is that good ohm for cannabis?
I've got the I stick pico mega. Is it better to use it and control the watt? And which watt for which ohm?
Thank you.

Hydroyogi,

dtgodmage22

Ok so I'm not sure if this is allowed. I live in colorado i have used opens and cheap ecig pens with refillable tanks sometimes hash oil dont hit at all or i dont get alot of vapor

I recently found an eleaf icare at my working sweeping around pumps cleaned the thing loved the french vanilla juice in it o bought some weak no flavor ejuice from work im smoking it alot

Been studying but so many questions

I want to be able to use wax hash thc oils and be able to straight vape for flavor

I dont like dripping dont wanna carry the bottle i walk to work

What are my options im willing to buy a mod and vape but id love to have juice or way to get high at work

Havent been able to read every page but would a smok r80 tc or an alien be able to do this i dont care about clouds for juice i want flavor i get and like nicotineless juice so far with the eleaf icare and use an o-pen to get high at work

Anyone help a noob out?

Nine9bar

Hi everyone, First every post on FC, I've been reading the whole thread and u guys rock!!!
Just wished I'd found it sooner!!!(a lot of time and money wasted)
Anyway I've been looking at these Vaperesso Veco Tanks and thought they might be great, There have a top airflow, leak free design but also u can load new coils without emptying the tank!!! + they do ceramic TC Coils.... U guys may already know about them but i thought they would be worth a go, I've got one on the way so will update with results, there are a few tanks with the same spec from vapresso,

Vape Donkey 650

Nine9bar, welcome to FC, and thanks for dropping the tip on the new vaporesso tanks! I liked some of their old atomizers but I haven't checked them out in a while.

veco_tank_1.jpg

veco_tank_4.jpg

The new veco tank (ha what a name) seems to be checking off all the major boxes on the list:
  • top filling and top air
  • ceramic coil options that can work in TC
Even the ability to swap out coils, while keeping your oil / juice in the tank, that's a nice feature. Comparing it to the cubis pro mini's I'm using now, I can see the ease of filling being much greater, with the wide-open removeable top on the veco. Possibly Being able to keep the oil in the tank without it getting in the way of re-installing a coil and getting a good ohm reading could be a major convenience too.

Looks solid, appears to have good wicking holes too.

To nit-pick, the only 3 possible downsides I can see:

• the apparent cotton wick surrounding what appears to be the standard porous ceramic wick are much better than standard coils but I've been experimenting building some porous ceramic coils like those, and I'm leaning towards the non-porous ceramics like the donuts being better for flavor. i've also been experimenting with some truly wickless coil builds (just donuts and not even a ceramic wick) and it seems to work well and be the best for flavor

estoc_tank_ceramic_vs_traditional.png

(in their picture you can see the thin layer of cotton surrounding the ceramic cylinder this works, but i feel it is detrimental for concentrate use, it ends up acting as a reclaim sponge) EDIT: one reseller says the ceramic coils do have cotton :(

• sharp corners and internal features and surfaces of the tank / coil can leave lots of oil wasted, unable to wick into the coil (but that's not much different than my cubi, will have to see if it's better or worse)

• could be a big spitter with medium-thick co2 oils if you let the air-flow open (but that's like all big RTAs it seems)

Looked at vaporesso, and they have a few top fill top air tanks with ceramics, but the veco looks like the best candidate now, I think I should pick one of these up to test, right on 9. :tup:

Thanks for bumping up this old thread too, I think I owe everyone a more complete update on the "vape donkey" tank project, but the going is slow, and i always seem to get distracted with other stuff :o :uhoh:(vaped out too hahaha)

Last edited:

Nine9bar

Nine9bar, welcome to FC, and thanks for dropping the tip on the new vaporesso tanks! I liked some of their old atomizers but I haven't checked them out in a while.

veco_tank_1.jpg

veco_tank_4.jpg

The new veco tank (ha what a name) seems to be checking off all the major boxes on the list:
  • top filling and top air
  • ceramic coil options that can work in TC
Even the ability to swap out coils, while keeping your oil / juice in the tank, that's a nice feature. Comparing it to the cubis pro mini's I'm using now, I can see the ease of filling being much greater, with the wide-open removeable top on the veco. Possibly Being able to keep the oil in the tank without it getting in the way of re-installing a coil and getting a good ohm reading could be a major convenience too.

Looks solid, appears to have good wicking holes too.

To nit-pick, the only 3 possible downsides I can see:

• the apparent cotton wick surrounding what appears to be the standard porous ceramic wick are much better than standard coils but I've been experimenting building some porous ceramic coils like those, and I'm leaning towards the non-porous ceramics like the donuts being better for flavor. i've also been experimenting with some truly wickless coil builds (just donuts and not even a ceramic wick) and it seems to work well and be the best for flavor

estoc_tank_ceramic_vs_traditional.png

(in their picture you can see the thin layer of cotton surrounding the ceramic cylinder this works, but i feel it is detrimental for concentrate use, it ends up acting as a reclaim sponge) EDIT: one reseller says the ceramic coils do have cotton :(

• sharp corners and internal features and surfaces of the tank / coil can leave lots of oil wasted, unable to wick into the coil (but that's not much different than my cubi, will have to see if it's better or worse)

• could be a big spitter with medium-thick co2 oils if you let the air-flow open (but that's like all big RTAs it seems)

Looked at vaporesso, and they have a few top fill top air tanks with ceramics, but the veco looks like the best candidate now, I think I should pick one of these up to test, right on 9. :tup:

Thanks for bumping up this old thread too, I think I owe everyone a more complete update on the "vape donkey" tank project, but the going is slow, and i always seem to get distracted with other stuff :o :uhoh:(vaped out too hahaha)

Hey VapeDonkey, thanks for ur reply,
My Veco tank arrived shortly after posting, first impression are good, easy to loads, no sign of leaks, spitting doesn't seem an issue either, I've been using a Asipre Atlantis with the Ccell ceramic Ni200 Coil and that spitts and leaks non stop, so am very happy with it!
I would love to be able to get my hands on some C02 oil, but living in the UK it's just not possible.
I have however made my own rosin press, which I mix with WL,
I like the end product but would like to make something thicker and more potent, I've seen a recipe off 6g of concentrate to 1ml of pgmix, end product was a really thick more like the C02 oil.
I really want to have a go making ur coils. Do u have a video of u making them or detailed instructions, I've never attempted to make a coil before but if I can watch a video of it I'm pretty sure I could, any advice would be great?

Update: Have u or anyone else in here ever seen/heard/used a
Hercules SR-74x cartridge?
Advertised as a pure concentrate/oil cartridge with a Ceramic rod and a aluminium wick,can hold 1g of concentrates, seem like it would work for your c02/thicker oil...maybe

Update 2: Forgot to mention, the Veco tank won't work with your coils!!!

Unfortunately after taking a coils apart and further inspection, the air flow is at the top but travel down then back up the middle of the coil, the oil would simply just flow down through the coil and end up blocking the air flow,Fail

Still seems like a good tank if planing on using the pre made coils, which I still plan on doing just a shame it can't. E used for both methods..

✌️

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

Update for my tankers: these are some of the ceramic heaters I am working with:
ceramic rod / cylinder with SS wire, old 7mm donut, and the brand new 5mm donuts with no holes (the minor marking is from test-vaping a tiny drop of oil)

da2BAhD.jpg

Aqkoj0G.jpg

0bgAu5r.jpg

The irregular-ness of the hand-drilled wicking holes can be observed

Cv9uH4L.jpg

The 2 little donuts, installed into the atomizer case. This was one of the hardest atomizers to assemble, for me. The wires didn't want to stick in their proper place when capping the silicon gasket and metal plug, it took alot of attempts.

FGZO6HX.jpg

Got em low to the floor to help vape the last drops in the tank. You can see the 2 discs overlapping here.

iNSLrJa.jpg

And rotate it around, the other side

22L1ngF.jpg

Compared in size to my old 7mm donuts

nxIBmIw.jpg

And installed for a test in a big cuboid. It works. Next to fill it and compare the performance...

And these are those ceramic cylinders which I'm not as keen on, but they're worth a test, at least. They have SS wires, just like the ceramic coils in the new vaporesso's, but double the fun :evil:

Bd4rzNx.jpg

eIv5LvX.jpg

tiywoiA.jpg

nygYXDv.jpg

I'll try to report back with results soon

Hey VapeDonkey, thanks for ur reply,
My Veco tank arrived shortly after posting, first impression are good, easy to loads, no sign of leaks, spitting doesn't seem an issue either, I've been using a Asipre Atlantis with the Ccell ceramic Ni200 Coil and that spitts and leaks non stop, so am very happy with it!
I would love to be able to get my hands on some C02 oil, but living in the UK it's just not possible.
I have however made my own rosin press, which I mix with WL,
I like the end product but would like to make something thicker and more potent, I've seen a recipe off 6g of concentrate to 1ml of pgmix, end product was a really thick more like the C02 oil.

Hey no problem, good to hear your new Veco tank is working well for you. Surely should be no leaks on a design like that, no spitting too, great! I have one of these on the way for myself, should have it sometime next week. I'm hoping to replicate your good results and compare it to my current atomizers.

co2 oil in the UK, ha, good luck with that, man. I think that's more rare than left-hand-side driver cars over there? :D Prohibition in the UK is a shame, because it seems that you guys have such a thriving canna-culture over there. Other countries in europe are slowly getting sensible laws, but you guys may be the last major country in europe to have reasonable cannabis laws?

Way to be resourceful and press than rosin, off and into your tank! :tup: It wouldn't be my preferred filling material for a tank, but it's what you got, better than nothing! :nod:

I really want to have a go making ur coils. Do u have a video of u making them or detailed instructions, I've never attempted to make a coil before but if I can watch a video of it I'm pretty sure I could, any advice would be great?

It seems less necessary now that you got your new tank in operation, but I wouldn't deter you from trying to make a "VD" donut tank too. You've got extra juice to fill and a curiosity to compare?

As for making a video, that would be pretty hard. :( I would need a go-pro camera or something like that, or strap my cell phone to my chest or head. :D It can take pretty long to make these things too, it would be a long, boring video that would need editing.

If you re-read some of my earlier posts closely, it may fill you in on the steps? Are there any particular parts or steps that you are unclear on that I can clarify? Lmk. Alot of new members sign up and post a message or few, then never come back again....:\

Update: Have u or anyone else in here ever seen/heard/used a
Hercules SR-74x cartridge?
Advertised as a pure concentrate/oil cartridge with a Ceramic rod and a aluminium wick,can hold 1g of concentrates, seem like it would work for your c02/thicker oil...maybe

Now I shouldn't talk bad about a product I haven't used, but the herc is one atomizer that I looked into thoroughly and passed up after reading about it here on FC. It has it's fans and it's detractors. From what I can tell, it has a highly-restrictive airflow, is prone to getting clogged at times, and is fairly long and conspicuous looking. On the plus sides, it can be fitted with a ceramic donut, operate in temp control mode, and is pretty resistant to leaks I think?

Designed for all sorts of concentrates including shatter, wax, etc, I wouldn't really consider the herc a "tank" or RTA, but a unique, high-capacity load-n-go atomizer, I wouldn't really compare it here.

@Accept's thoughts on the hercs from another thread that has cross-over with this thread. (this obscure thread and the tomes of good info on many topics is often overlooked and buried)

The Herc works well, but there are a few drawbacks. As you note, there are a multitude of tiny parts to lose. There's also a learning curve, and it's not especially stealthy - while it works with standard e-cig box mods, it's taller than most e-cig atomizers. Otherwise, it's a proven alternative for a portable concentrate atomizer. The heating element is a ceramic rod and the wick is titanium mesh.

Haven't the Herc used much, mainly because it requires a gram of oil, but that's no different than an all-ceramic approach. There's also an old thread on mainly wickless e-cig builds. As the coil also functions as "wick", these are one-hitters.

Update 2: Forgot to mention, the Veco tank won't work with your coils!!!

Unfortunately after taking a coils apart and further inspection, the air flow is at the top but travel down then back up the middle of the coil, the oil would simply just flow down through the coil and end up blocking the air flow,Fail

Still seems like a good tank if planing on using the pre made coils, which I still plan on doing just a shame it can't. E used for both methods..

✌️

So you're saying the Veco won't work with ceramic donuts? I'm pretty sure it won't work with the cubis BF coil heads that I'm basing my atomizer off of. But if the vaporesso EUC coils allow you to open them up, remove the internals and gives you enough space to put another heater in there and cap up the wires with a silicon gasket and metal pin, you might be able to rebuild their coils. :hmm: I'll have to see when I get them in my hands.

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,

Steven

Hello everyone, I just stumbled onto this thread after I ordered the vaporesso mini nrg tank. Nice to see some familiar faces here.

I think I am doing something @Nine9bar did. I have noticed that those high end vape cartridges that use distillates, use ceramic cell coils. However, I've always disliked the leaking and airflow problems with those little cartridges, so I'd figure a bigger, reusable version of those should work? I also found some distillate that is very viscous, even more so than some ejuice, so I'm having high hopes for this distillate/nrg tank combo.

@Nine9bar How's it working for you? Can you provide more details please? Like how was the flavor, vapor production, and did the oil last long? I ordered my nrg tank off fastteh and won't ship for 4 days plus another 10 days for shipping so, I just would like to get some impressions

Nine9bar

Update for my tankers: these are some of the ceramic heaters I am working with:
ceramic rod / cylinder with SS wire, old 7mm donut, and the brand new 5mm donuts with no holes (the minor marking is from test-vaping a tiny drop of oil)

da2BAhD.jpg

Aqkoj0G.jpg

0bgAu5r.jpg

The irregular-ness of the hand-drilled wicking holes can be observed

Cv9uH4L.jpg

The 2 little donuts, installed into the atomizer case. This was one of the hardest atomizers to assemble, for me. The wires didn't want to stick in their proper place when capping the silicon gasket and metal plug, it took alot of attempts.

FGZO6HX.jpg

Got em low to the floor to help vape the last drops in the tank. You can see the 2 discs overlapping here.

iNSLrJa.jpg

And rotate it around, the other side

22L1ngF.jpg

Compared in size to my old 7mm donuts

nxIBmIw.jpg

And installed for a test in a big cuboid. It works. Next to fill it and compare the performance...

And these are those ceramic cylinders which I'm not as keen on, but they're worth a test, at least. They have SS wires, just like the ceramic coils in the new vaporesso's, but double the fun :evil:

Bd4rzNx.jpg

eIv5LvX.jpg

tiywoiA.jpg

nygYXDv.jpg

I'll try to report back with results soon

Hey no problem, good to hear your new Veco tank is working well for you. Surely should be no leaks on a design like that, no spitting too, great! I have one of these on the way for myself, should have it sometime next week. I'm hoping to replicate your good results and compare it to my current atomizers.

co2 oil in the UK, ha, good luck with that, man. I think that's more rare than left-hand-side driver cars over there? :D Prohibition in the UK is a shame, because it seems that you guys have such a thriving canna-culture over there. Other countries in europe are slowly getting sensible laws, but you guys may be the last major country in europe to have reasonable cannabis laws?

Way to be resourceful and press than rosin, off and into your tank! :tup: It wouldn't be my preferred filling material for a tank, but it's what you got, better than nothing! :nod:

It seems less necessary now that you got your new tank in operation, but I wouldn't deter you from trying to make a "VD" donut tank too. You've got extra juice to fill and a curiosity to compare?

As for making a video, that would be pretty hard. :( I would need a go-pro camera or something like that, or strap my cell phone to my chest or head. :D It can take pretty long to make these things too, it would be a long, boring video that would need editing.

If you re-read some of my earlier posts closely, it may fill you in on the steps? Are there any particular parts or steps that you are unclear on that I can clarify? Lmk. Alot of new members sign up and post a message or few, then never come back again....:\

Now I shouldn't talk bad about a product I haven't used, but the herc is one atomizer that I looked into thoroughly and passed up after reading about it here on FC. It has it's fans and it's detractors. From what I can tell, it has a highly-restrictive airflow, is prone to getting clogged at times, and is fairly long and conspicuous looking. On the plus sides, it can be fitted with a ceramic donut, operate in temp control mode, and is pretty resistant to leaks I think?

Designed for all sorts of concentrates including shatter, wax, etc, I wouldn't really consider the herc a "tank" or RTA, but a unique, high-capacity load-n-go atomizer, I wouldn't really compare it here.

@Accept's thoughts on the hercs from another thread that has cross-over with this thread. (this obscure thread and the tomes of good info on many topics is often overlooked and buried)

So you're saying the Veco won't work with ceramic donuts? I'm pretty sure it won't work with the cubis BF coil heads that I'm basing my atomizer off of. But if the vaporesso EUC coils allow you to open them up, remove the internals and gives you enough space to put another heater in there and cap up the wires with a silicon gasket and metal pin, you might be able to rebuild their coils. :hmm: I'll have to see when I get them in my hands.

Hey Vape Donkey, I've had some success make your coils!!!
I was looking at a few of my old tank and came across The Honeystick Sub Tank!!!! Similar design to the cubis, anyway I decided to try on put a ceramic donut inside, success!!!! It worked!!!! I also experimented with some Double quarts crystal rods, I got botth type coil to fire up, just no wicking yet, so failed to produce vaper,
Where do u get ur ceramic donuts from? I've only got one( scavenged from an old dab pen) and can't seem to find them anywhere, also how do u know which metal each one is?

That bring me on to the Veco, U can rebuild the coil, however my donut coil won't fit in the metal housing, think I need the small one without the hole.
Also the metal pin at the bottom has a hole in it for the air flow, this is the reason why I believe it won't work, might be wrong tho!!!
This tank works great tho for vaping my Rosin/WaxLiquidizer at a ratio of 4:1 - 7:1 however I still want to make a tank for much thicker ratio like 1:3, 3 being 3 grams on Rosin to 1ml WL, do u think this is achievable? i.e able to produce vaper at that ratio with that donut type coil?
Thank for ur help thus far anymore advice would be much appreciated!!

The UK laws are a joke, Drug testing at work, road side drug testing, they class it the same as drink driving now, 2 year ban if caught, this is another reason why I'm making this e liquid, U.K. Cops wouldn't look twice at a vape(clueless) if ever pulled over.

Last edited:

Nine9bar

Hello everyone, I just stumbled onto this thread after I ordered the vaporesso mini nrg tank. Nice to see some familiar faces here.

I think I am doing something @Nine9bar did. I have noticed that those high end vape cartridges that use distillates, use ceramic cell coils. However, I've always disliked the leaking and airflow problems with those little cartridges, so I'd figure a bigger, reusable version of those should work? I also found some distillate that is very viscous, even more so than some ejuice, so I'm having high hopes for this distillate/nrg tank combo.

@Nine9bar How's it working for you? Can you provide more details please? Like how was the flavor, vapor production, and did the oil last long? I ordered my nrg tank off fastteh and won't ship for 4 days plus another 10 days for shipping so, I just would like to get some impressions

The flavour and vapour is very good, I am still abit of a noob at all this, and don't have much to compare,however there is a lot of good information on this thread. If u take ur time and read thought ull have a good idea of what path to go down,

Peace ✌️

Nine9bar,
Reactions: Steven
Top Bottom