• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Advanced THC e-Juice / mods / tanks / coils / builds / recipes

Dabuisnez

After months of testing i have settled on a 2 mil mix of rosin + Flavored Wax liquidizer. Using a smok alien mod and baby beast tank. Currently x4 coil 0.15 ohm at 40 watts. Going to try a Q2 at 0.6 ohm next batch. The beast coils have 4 large wick slots. Allowing for less chance of issues. So far alot of success. I keep batch small as to not over use coil. At 3 bucks for coil and 1.00 ish for WL the tank last about a week. Low cost. Big results. Yes it can easily be a one hitter. Despite sub ohm it doesnt drink juice as bad as some would think. If flavor is a issue added terps is as easy as 1 2 3

Dabuisnez,

Bambu

After months of testing i have settled on a 2 mil mix of rosin + Flavored Wax liquidizer. Using a smok alien mod and baby beast tank. Currently x4 coil 0.15 ohm at 40 watts. Going to try a Q2 at 0.6 ohm next batch. The beast coils have 4 large wick slots. Allowing for less chance of issues. So far alot of success. I keep batch small as to not over use coil. At 3 bucks for coil and 1.00 ish for WL the tank last about a week. Low cost. Big results. Yes it can easily be a one hitter. Despite sub ohm it doesnt drink juice as bad as some would think. If flavor is a issue added terps is as easy as 1 2 3

hey nice post,,,,

as u may have seen,, my situation is im producing oil with decent effects, but the drags have no strength,, and alot of pulling is needed,,

I am using a simple 510 20$ pen.. but like I said ,my friend attached is cartridge (from a legal state to my pen and its choking rips) put my cart in and its alot of work to get half the buzz,, I make and dab my own rosin ,, so I kow its strong,, dont know what im missing.

as far as far as mixes ,, ive tried all kinds of ratios, , 2:1,1:1,1:2,,, I tried the wax liquidizer and ej mix,, both good products.

I havent tried original wax liquidizer wich I want to,, I have the pineapple,, not to bad.

ej mix I tried orginal and orange kreme,, kreme was meh,, but orginal was very nice.

anyway im not to knowledgeable about different rigs for oil,,, are u getting ripping hits with your setup? hiw much did it all cost?

also @Accept
"Do you load your own cartridges for nic juice? Are you getting decent clouds? Further back in this thread, @randomtoker experimented with dilutions - basically, concluded more dilute is better, to a point. Didn't believe it, but get similar results. First really good canna juice hit was a big, wide open lung hit with dual coils on the Tsunami, one canna, the other just VG. With a cartridge, maybe separation won't matter so much?"

I finding that I do agree with a bit more juice being needed,,, it doesnt matter how strong it is if the delivery is poor..
anyway. great info. thanks and keep em coming :)

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

As far as i know almost all prefilled carts use co2oil. If your trying rosin/WL combo remember these key points. You need a good wicking coil. Large wick holes. More dilution than 2/1 is ok to a extent. As you vape your juice will thicken. Starting off above 2/1 insures a better end result. But that's why i make 2 mil batches only. This is why i believe in sub ohm due to delivery. That much vapor will always get the job done. I jave never tried a cart before so im not sure why you don't have success other than your juice is requiring more temp to vape than your cart is giving you.

Bambu

As far as i know almost all prefilled carts use co2oil. If your trying rosin/WL combo remember these key points. You need a good wicking coil. Large wick holes. More dilution than 2/1 is ok to a extent. As you vape your juice will thicken. Starting off above 2/1 insures a better end result. But that's why i make 2 mil batches only. This is why i believe in sub ohm due to delivery. That much vapor will always get the job done. I jave never tried a cart before so im not sure why you don't have success other than your juice is requiring more temp to vape than your cart is giving you.

perhaps co2 oil acts differently in a cartridge then rosin oil?
i wouldnt mind making a rig specific for oil,, dont know much about different rigs or what I need..
any tips on a build that I can look into would be great..

on another note. I just bought a kandypen elite for mobile dabbing...omg I love it ,, best 100$ bucks ive spent in a while..

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

Are you using Temp Control?

No but through a very sketchy way i have found that 40 - 45 watts for 0.15 ohm was the best temp range for my coil. I would love to use temp control but i have never tried it and im not sure if smok makes a tc coil?? Not looking to rba.

perhaps co2 oil acts differently in a cartridge then rosin oil?
i wouldnt mind making a rig specific for oil,, dont know much about different rigs or what I need..
any tips on a build that I can look into would be great..

on another note. I just bought a kandypen elite for mobile dabbing...omg I love it ,, best 100$ bucks ive spent in a while..

Co2oil def vapes different. From what i have heard a cart last 2 weeks normaly. Thats a extremely long time on a single batch. If you mean a rosin/Wax liquidizer mix then go baby beast tank using Q2 0.6 ohm at 40-45 watts breather 3/4 open. It just plain works. Im on day 3 of a tank with no issues other than its pretty damn potent. I make 2 mill batches because i think thats the sweet spot for coil use. That kandy pen intrigues me.

Bambu

Co2oil def vapes different. From what i have heard a cart last 2 weeks normaly. Thats a extremely long time on a single batch. If you mean a rosin/Wax liquidizer mix then go baby beast tank using Q2 0.6 ohm at 40-45 watts breather 3/4 open. It just plain works. Im on day 3 of a tank with no issues other than its pretty damn potent. I make 2 mill batches because i think thats the sweet spot for coil use. That kandy pen intrigues me.
hmmm,, if yer saying that the co2oil deff vapes different, , then that probably is whats making the difference of why I cant get power draws like the store bought cartridges as opposed to my home made ones using rosin...I will look into what you mentioned cuz I still wanna do the oil. .
on another note,, I got into rosin cuz I wanted to make oil,, the stealth mode is very important to my life style, and after my friend turned me on to oil,, I became really turned off with burning flowers , my apt , at work.. its just oil becomes too expensive by the time I it gets to my state.
so on my quest to make oil,, and doing a little dabbing at home with my new shiny rig, I started seeing dab pens,, after about 2 weeks of researchI ddecided to go with the kandy pen elite,, which is actually the kandy gravity for 2016.
let me tell you,, im so pleased! !!
well made, 4 different temps, easy to clean, and best of all 2 types of coils
has the dual quartz coil for mind bending rips,, (honestly too much,, really just to blow my friends head off,, but I wont use this casually,, big choke hits), btw I have pretty high tolerance to flowers..

then it has another coil u can swap out, its ceramic!, just a little tub , no coils , burns slow,, this is for low temp big flavor hits and the smoke is non combustion, true stealth, , u get light puffs but they still hit hard and taste awesome.,, depending on yer smoke u can throw .3,.4gs and take small puffs for most of the early part of yer day. at least this really works for me,,,
the only flaw is the way the mouthpiece carborator is placed,, depending on how each piece is screwed it aligns differently, ,, but thats a minor issue, , this pen has been a game changer for me.
I still am interested in the oil.
I use a istick pico for my nicotine, , should I fool around and try and load it?
baby beast tank? just the tank? u buy separate parts?

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

hmmm,, if yer saying that the co2oil deff vapes different, , then that probably is whats making the difference of why I cant get power draws like the store bought cartridges as opposed to my home made ones using rosin...I will look into what you mentioned cuz I still wanna do the oil. .
on another note,, I got into rosin cuz I wanted to make oil,, the stealth mode is very important to my life style, and after my friend turned me on to oil,, I became really turned off with burning flowers , my apt , at work.. its just oil becomes too expensive by the time I it gets to my state.
so on my quest to make oil,, and doing a little dabbing at home with my new shiny rig, I started seeing dab pens,, after about 2 weeks of researchI ddecided to go with the kandy pen elite,, which is actually the kandy gravity for 2016.
let me tell you,, im so pleased! !!
well made, 4 different temps, easy to clean, and best of all 2 types of coils
has the dual quartz coil for mind bending rips,, (honestly too much,, really just to blow my friends head off,, but I wont use this casually,, big choke hits), btw I have pretty high tolerance to flowers..

then it has another coil u can swap out, its ceramic!, just a little tub , no coils , burns slow,, this is for low temp big flavor hits and the smoke is non combustion, true stealth, , u get light puffs but they still hit hard and taste awesome.,, depending on yer smoke u can throw .3,.4gs and take small puffs for most of the early part of yer day. at least this really works for me,,,
the only flaw is the way the mouthpiece carborator is placed,, depending on how each piece is screwed it aligns differently, ,, but thats a minor issue, , this pen has been a game changer for me.
I still am interested in the oil.
I use a istick pico for my nicotine, , should I fool around and try and load it?
baby beast tank? just the tank? u buy separate parts?
I have a smok alien and 2 tanks. Baby beast for rosin mix and big baby for my nic juice. Baby beast is like 25 bucks to the most. As long as your mod hits 40-50 watts you could just pick up the tank to fool around.

Dabuisnez,

Bambu

I have a smok alien and 2 tanks. Baby beast for rosin mix and big baby for my nic juice. Baby beast is like 25 bucks to the most. As long as your mod hits 40-50 watts you could just pick up the tank to fool around.

ok kool. I was checking out the smok alien,, bout 65$ and that will come with baby beast,, then big baby is about 25-30$ if it works well for me , then I dont mind spending..
thanks for the info.
so like I said earlier. I do have a istick pico..
and I have some unused oil in a few carts I made,, ,, gonna clean out my pico tank,, then gonna draw em all out and put them into my pico.
40=50 watts eh? can I ruin my pico?
any disclaimers? predictions? tips? lol.
well ill keep u posted on my results..
and thanks for the talks..so helpful!

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

ok kool. I was checking out the smok alien,, bout 65$ and that will come with baby beast,, then big baby is about 25-30$ if it works well for me , then I dont mind spending..
thanks for the info.
and I have some unused oil in a few carts I made,, ,, gonna clean out my pico tank,, then gonna draw em all out and put them into my pico.
Wattage depends on coil. Im only giving my setup. Yours may work aswell.

May i suggest www.vapewild.com to get your kit. Maybe not the cheapest on hardware but a great site. Free samples and shipping.

Last edited:
Dabuisnez,

Dabuisnez

Ah, well flaunting my ignorance again but I thought TC was controlled by the Mod. I didn't even realise that coils incorporating TC were available.
I could be wrong honestly. Thats how i found out 40-45 was good temp by setting it on my alien. I didn't mention it cause i wasn't sure if it was even correct. Didn't want to look like a noob lol.

Dabuisnez,

Tokin_Jbyrd

thanks for the info.

I have the Pico kit as well, and the Pico is the MOD (the battery), the tank that came with it is the melo 3. Are you refering to that tank or another one? And yes you could just get the baby beast tank and it will fit on the Pico. The Pico will fit any tank, rda, RTA, or whatever that is 22mm (however, I also have the Goblin mini v3 and it has a protruding lever for the air control, and it screws on my Pico just fine, but my friends Pico you have to take off the battery cap first, just fyi)
Most, if not all the coils for the baby beast req. less than 75w (75w is the max for the Pico, until possibly the firmware is able to be updated to more Watts).
Hope this helps some.

Tokin_Jbyrd,

Dabuisnez

I have the Pico kit as well, and the Pico is the MOD (the battery), the tank that came with it is the melo 3. Are you refering to that tank or another one? And yes you could just get the baby beast tank and it will fit on the Pico. The Pico will fit any tank, rda, RTA, or whatever that is 22mm (however, I also have the Goblin mini v3 and it has a protruding lever for the air control, and it screws on my Pico just fine, but my friends Pico you have to take off the battery cap first, just fyi)
Most, if not all the coils for the baby beast req. less than 75w (75w is the max for the Pico, until possibly the firmware is able to be updated to more Watts).
Hope this helps some.
Great info. Thx for helping clarify.

Dabuisnez,

Filhote

Thx for credit @Accept
I try many different settings this year. The ceramic donut/silica setup from @Vape Donkey 650 inspired me for different ways. In my case, the ceramic don't work well. I've had kanthal based ceramics without an tc opinion but the results are scaled in the middle. The best rda with best wire in different modes are (for me ) is the goon with 22ga stainless steel wire.
With 50 watts and 0.15 ohm or 260℃ and 70 watt they work on all boxes.
The concentrate mix is the same as every time. 10g marocan hash for 100ml PEG/PG Base.
Sometimes with VG...sometimes without. A running system
5xwVPAg.jpg

Bambu

hey all,,, so I went ahead and loaded up my pico,, I had various mixes in different carts laying around with different ratios,, they were all good stuff but didnt really burn in my pens... so I syringed em all out and into my pico, melo tank..little over a 1.5 ml total..
burned well but had a sharp nasty taste,, and the taste grew worse,,,, now my carts were different mixes , different ratios,, one even had an orange creme flavor and another original,,, I would like to blame the terrible flavor on different mixes,, but I dont think it would have been that bad..
also ,, before using my pico,, I cleaned out the nic juice and stuff using an alcohol wipe then cold water rinse,,,, and when I removed the mix to put my nic juice back in,, I again cleaned with alcohol and cold rinse, which left the flavor in my nic juice kinda bad,,, but it went away with usage...
I dont know if the the alcohol was the reason for my bad experience cuz it was tasting real bad..but I dont think so ,, gonna try again,, with a fresh batch ina few days...oh and I ran the pico at 50w max
any thoughts?

Bambu,

Filhote

@Bambu I try many flavors with different concentrate mixtures. May think about the flavor profile and the flavor of the concentrate. The range that will work really good is very small. I need much more flavor, and additives for a very good taste...and in the end....original flavor is the king

Filhote,

Bambu

@Bambu I try many flavors with different concentrate mixtures. May think about the flavor profile and the flavor of the concentrate. The range that will work really good is very small. I need much more flavor, and additives for a very good taste...and in the end....original flavor is the king

I definitely dont mind trying out new combos and stuff,,, but I was wondering why it was tasting so bad ,, if it was just like a bad flavor id be like ok,, I can work it out, ,,, but this was extremely harsh , unpleasant to the throat,,,
I used a new coil,, soaked it up before inserting,, loaded tank,, let it sit for like 40 min,,, first few hits were tolerable, , but not very pleasant, ,, tried it later,, awful..
had it set to to 50w max,,, but later turned it down to like 30w,, the puffs were there,, just product was awful.. like I said. im thinking this is other then bad product/ratio...
so before I try a cleaner (more expensive solution) any thoughts on the burnt harsh flavor?
been using ejmix

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

I definitely dont mind trying out new combos and stuff,,, but I was wondering why it was tasting so bad ,, if it was just like a bad flavor id be like ok,, I can work it out, ,,, but this was extremely harsh , unpleasant to the throat,,,
I used a new coil,, soaked it up before inserting,, loaded tank,, let it sit for like 40 min,,, first few hits were tolerable, , but not very pleasant, ,, tried it later,, awful..
had it set to to 50w max,,, but later turned it down to like 30w,, the puffs were there,, just product was awful.. like I said. im thinking this is other then bad product/ratio...
so before I try a cleaner (more expensive solution) any thoughts on the burnt harsh flavor?
been using ejmix
First off good job on even trying. Lessons learned are priceless. You should always start wattage low then raise until you hit a comfortable level. Each tank and mod have their own + and -s for the most part. I vape 40 watts although that may be diff in another tank. Also my alien smoke is set to a soft draw which may also make a diffrence. I can confirm to many diff flavors can kill it. I made that mistake my self. Also the carts you used, was they prefilled carts or ones you filled yourself?

Dabuisnez,

Bambu

as far as carts,, both,, some where emptied , left over from the ones my friend brought around,, some carts I went a bought new from my local shop.

I might try another mix this weekend.
.5 rosin .75 ej,,,,,
id like to get an extrs tank for pico as I dont wanna use the one I use for my nic again , that was bad...
but tank is like. 24$ meanwhile whole set is like 10$ more! lol. we'll see

Bambu,

Dabuisnez

as far as carts,, both,, some where emptied , left over from the ones my friend brought around,, some carts I went a bought new from my local shop.

I might try another mix this weekend.
.5 rosin .75 ej,,,,,
id like to get an extrs tank for pico as I dont wanna use the one I use for my nic again , that was bad...
but tank is like. 24$ meanwhile whole set is like 10$ more! lol. we'll see
Why such a small ratio? .6 to 1.4 will still be strong and better suspended. Thats my preferred ratio. I can make that with 3gs of good bud.

Dabuisnez,

Bambu

Why such a small ratio? .6 to 1.4 will still be strong and better suspended. Thats my preferred ratio. I can make that with 3gs of good bud.

the mix im using recommends a 1:1 ratio,, so I figured a 1:1.5 ratio would make it run better while still preserving potency.,, dont wanna water down to much for fear of getting a pg'ish flavor.
but I guess it wouldn't hurt using a 1:2 ratio for good measure.

Bambu,

Deleted Member 1643

Dissolving shatter in PEG400/PG can produce useful e-juice. Unconvinced that PG/VG extraction can, so it's more risky. (You'd probably have useful tincture at least.) Never tried extracting prime flowers in PG/VG. Probably much stronger (maybe not strong enough), but there's still the unresolved issues of filtration and water solubles.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

Dabuisnez

Dissolving shatter in PEG400/PG can produce useful e-juice. Unconvinced that PG/VG extraction can, so it's more risky. (You'd probably have useful tincture at least.) Never tried extracting prime flowers in PG/VG. Probably much stronger (maybe not strong enough), but there's still the unresolved issues of filtration and water solubles.
Let me tell that was my first and last attempt at making tincture that way. I did the ole youtube special, Vg bath for several hours, strain, add to vape pen and voila!! Pure crap.

Dabuisnez,
Reactions: Vapology
Top Bottom