• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek ABV Concentrate experiment: What method is best?

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I've only done it 2 or 3 times, but I ended up with decent enough oil. (Nothing made from ABV is gonna be spectacular)

:peace:

thanks for the tips... may i ask why you line the mason jar with cheesecloth instead of just pouring into the mason jar "as is"?? i have seen videos for a similar method where the user is using fresh instead of ABV and they just throw in the buds in the jar and pour the ISO over like you say and after the "soak" they attach the cheesecloth to the top of the mason jar and pour out the contents into the pyrex dish through the cheesecloth. so i am just curious why you line the jar?? i am new so i am just trying to understand and pick up tips

also... you say the end product is "decent" but not spectacular... i am really not expecting spectacular in any way, afterall this is ABV and not fresh but..... even though its not spectacular... does it get the job done?? i would love to be able to finally use this ABV for something (i tried the brownie recipe in the cooking with section but i literally threw up while eating the first brownie cause it tasted soooooo bad!!) does the oil taste horrible as well??

mmenzie,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I line it with cheesecloth because it makes it easy to squeeze the ISO out of the ABV.
I don't know if there are different grades of cheesecloth, but I don't find that mine filters enough particulates out to just evap the ISO after going through it, and if I dumped the whole ABV/ISO mixture into the coffee filter together, it effectively increases the soak time.

I don't mind the taste of it, but most of my glass is fairly high diffusion, so it might be washing out a bit of the taste.

It certainly still get's you high. Since most of the THC has already been vaped off, there's a higher ratio of CBD/CBN/Whatever, so the effects will come on stronger if it's used either in a vape with some fresh herb, or if you just vape some herb before or after a dab.

dorkus_molorkus

I mix my ABV BHO oil into some bacardi 151 and it becomes an awesome ass kicking tincture that has managed to half my out of control MJ consumption.

I run 2 tubes of ABV thru my SSTB & then fill my 250ml medicine bottle with 151. i then just drop the oil straight from the freezer into the bottle. (its easier to manage when its frozen)

shake well

place medicine bottle in empty coffee cup with the lid off, fill coffee cup with hot water about 2/3 of the way.

go away for 5-10mins. come back replace lid on bottle and shake the beejeebus out of it.

all the oil should be dissolved into the alcohol.

I keep mine in the fridge & am using it several times a day and I fucking love it.

frederick said earlier that nothing made from ABV is going to be spectacular.

I respectfully disagree, if you can handle the taste, this for me personally, is amazing.
The shitty dark oil that I would dab on my TI swing would only last 2 days and is pretty yuck TBH, with a shitty stone to boot. I now mix it with 151 and get 6-8 days totally blazed off my ass.

I started with 1ml per serve and would be baked for ages. i am now up to 2-3ml4-5 times a day, but anyone who reads my posts knows, I am a bit of a piggy. So, I wouldnt read too much into how much I use.

One of the best features of this method is. Being such a high alc content, the dropper full just evaps on your tongue and it comes on really, really fast. by the time to rinse the glass of whatever you used to wash the shitty taste out of your mouth, you are baked.

yep, no shit. 30 seconds and its on like donkey kong!

I have tried all sorts of ways to consume my ABV, this is for me, by far the best. A little on the expensive side,($80 for 151 and about 6-7 cans of $5 tane would last me 3-4sweeks) but the results are nothing short of amazing IMO. I have noticed it makes me really hungry thruout the day.

I really hope someone gives this a try, it truly was well worth it for me.
In fact i have mine with my morning coffee and keep myself medicated all day, and I plan to make sure i have some in the house at all times from now on.

this shit rocks

Working on hard candies, canna caps with coconut oil & mars bar slice next, all using the ABV BHO oil.
woo-hoo my future looks a little blurry.

rock on! :tup:

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey dorkus do you know what kind of yield your averaging on your bho running straight abv? I have been hearing about 3% on avg.....

Puffers,

dorkus_molorkus

Nah, not a clue. but if i remember, I will weigh both ends of the process next time. :tup:

no promises but, Im not sure if you know....................... I am bit of a stoner & I tend to forget shit from time to time. lolz.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: Puffers

mmenzie

What I do when making ABV QWISO, is
line a mason jar with cheesecloth,
put my ABV in,
pour in ISO until the ABV stops soaking up the ISO and it just starts to float a little,
close up the mason jar, give it a little shake, and let it sit for 45 -60 seconds,
remove ABV & Cheesecloth, squeeze thoroughly to get most of the ISO out.

At this point you should have a fairly dark brown oil with some dark brown/black particulates floating in it.

Run this ISO through a coffee filter, and then Evap off the ISO.
I've only done it 2 or 3 times, but I ended up with decent enough oil. (Nothing made from ABV is gonna be spectacular)

:peace:

just did this exact same thing. followed you to the letter using 14.0 grams of ABV. lets see how it comes out

mmenzie,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I dont make qwiso i perfer butane but from my understanding iso extracts the majority of the psychoactives in 10-15 seconds anything after that is just allowing the more polar chemicals in your solvent to pull chlorophyl and what not into your qwiso.

weedemon

enthusiast
Dorkus, you have inspired me to try this out myself! thank you for the write up!

is I expected it to come on slow, and be like an edible high. your saying its more like a vaped one?

mmenzie

so my basement must have too much moisture. i put out a pan with between an 1/8th an 1/4 amount of liquid in it yesterday at 4:00pm and now this morning at 9:13am barely any of the liquid evaporated. some did but not much at all. i used mostly 99% iso (had to use a little 91% cause i misjudged how much iso i needed and i was out of 99%). i did this same thing at my brother in laws house using trim instead of ABV and we put the pan out at 10:00pm and by 7:00am the next day the pan was dry. if i didn't have to work i would try the double boiler method but i need to go. hopefully some more will evap by the time i get home 8 hours later

so my basement must have too much moisture. i put out a pan with between an 1/8th an 1/4 amount of liquid in it yesterday at 4:00pm and now this morning at 9:13am barely any of the liquid evaporated. some did but not much at all. i used mostly 99% iso (had to use a little 91% cause i misjudged how much iso i needed and i was out of 99%). i did this same thing at my brother in laws house using trim instead of ABV and we put the pan out at 10:00pm and by 7:00am the next day the pan was dry. if i didn't have to work i would try the double boiler method but i need to go. hopefully some more will evap by the time i get home 8 hours later
g'luck. hopefully it works out better this time.

kingofnull,

mmenzie

g'luck. hopefully it works out better this time.

thanks.... it's just strange how the liquid completely evaporated in less than 8 hours at his house and at mine after 17 hours i still have alot of liquid. we'll see what it is down to when i get home in about 4 more hours

thanks.... it's just strange how the liquid completely evaporated in less than 8 hours at his house and at mine after 17 hours i still have alot of liquid. we'll see what it is down to when i get home in about 4 more hours

I still can't figure why you didn't get ANYTHING with that first batch. Even when I use a very small quantity, I've always received SOME return.

kingofnull,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

Was it colder where yours was?

Puffers,

mmenzie

my basement is colder than his.... i wasn't sure if it was that or if i had too much moisture in the basement. i may need to move it when i get home, but not sure where i can move it to, where the kids don't go

mmenzie,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Do you have like a heat pad, seeding mat, or an electric candle warmer? It was probably to cold to evap where it was

Puffers,

mmenzie

Do you have like a heat pad, seeding mat, or an electric candle warmer? It was probably to cold to evap where it was

heat pad??? i have one that i use when i have a backache or neck ache with low, med, and high settings. think that will work??

mmenzie,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
heat pad??? i have one that i use when i have a backache or neck ache with low, med, and high settings. think that will work??

That should work fine I would start with it on low. You basically just want some sort of mild electric heat that way you don't have open flames around any combustible gasses evaporating.

Puffers,

weedemon

enthusiast
humm, I would put your stuff on hold. I'm surprised no one has said the obvious... your basement would be filling with fumes... sure it's less dangerous than butane but it's still a flamable liquid you are working with. I would not want to leave it unattended in my house all day if i wasn't there

and yes it's heat you need to make it evap faster! moisture would play a slight role too, but your main factor is heat.

weedemon,

mmenzie

humm, I would put your stuff on hold. I'm surprised no one has said the obvious... your basement would be filling with fumes... sure it's less dangerous than butane but it's still a flamable liquid you are working with. I would not want to leave it unattended in my house all day if i wasn't there

and yes it's heat you need to make it evap faster! moisture would play a slight role too, but your main factor is heat.

thanks for the words of caution. i did open windows so the fumes would not build up but thank you for reminding me should i have not thought of that fact

mmenzie,
Reactions: weedemon
thanks for the words of caution. i did open windows so the fumes would not build up but thank you for reminding me should i have not thought of that fact

I figured you had vented the basement since a few people recommended it and you did say that you vented the garage during the first attempt.

If it's still not dry (can't imagine) you could GENTLY try a double boiler.

kingofnull,

mmenzie

I figured you had vented the basement since a few people recommended it and you did say that you vented the garage during the first attempt.

If it's still not dry (can't imagine) you could GENTLY try a double boiler.

going to try the heat pad for now (still has not evaporated at the 24 hour mark) and later on, after the kids go to bed i may bring it upstairs and double boil it

mmenzie,
going to try the heat pad for now (still has not evaporated at the 24 hour mark) and later on, after the kids go to bed i may bring it upstairs and double boil it

Heat pad? Enlighten me.

edit: do you mean an electric heating pad for aches and cramps?

edit 2: How old are your kids? When I used a double boiler last time there was minimal cannabis smell. In fact, the room just smelled like alcohol when I was done.

kingofnull,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

Good point I forgot (living in Cali) that he's in a basement and definitely should have mentioned that you should always try to do this in a well ventilated area. Preferably next to an open window, with a fan, blowing towards your solvent so that you are not sucking combustible fumes across electrified motor windings. The quicker you evaporate the more ventilation you need. I work on a daily basis in a field that deals with combustible gasses, electricity, etc sometimes i forget this stuff isnt commmon knowledge.

Puffers,
Reactions: weedemon

mmenzie

well the kids are off to their dads house tonight so i am moving the experiment upstairs for now but i do have to say the heating pad did work pretty good... there was more evaporation in the last couple of hours than the 24 hours prior

mmenzie,
Reactions: Puffers
Top Bottom