• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued A Hot Pod

Adobewan

Hi Guys,
Proud to say I received the first Hot Pod from Hazy and have had the opportunity to use it for a few days. First off, Hazy is professional, friendly, and attentive.
Here are my initial thoughts on the unit so far:

-Love the size, shape, feel, and light weight.
-Great, clear draws, lack of resistance almost makes you think it's not hot, but it is.
-The plug is a bit loose going into the unit, as well as being a bit stiff for so light a unit. Spoke with Hazy who's already offered to replace.
-Chamber temp may be perfect, lots of draws off a small load in the high capacity stem!! Very nice!
-Some initial smell, wood and glue perhaps, gone already.
-The outside top gets hot to hold, like other small profile log vapes, not an issue.
Still playing with it, gets better each time. The light weight of the unit surprises me every time I reach for it. I received two standard and one high capacity glass stems which are simple but very nice, hope Ed @ TnT will be spinning up some luscious wood stems for this beauty. I keep meaning to check heat up time but forget each time(I plan to leave it plugged in).
This is a winner, all who pre-ordered will be happy.

And it looks SO cool on my desk!
Thanks Hazy! Hope this is the beginning of a long line of vapes to come from you!!

NewVape

What a guy!
Awesome, glad first impressions are good. Post some pics if you get a chance. I'm really excited now!

NewVape,
Reactions: Vitolo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Time to updated that famous sig, Adobewan. Fire up your graphics editor and get to work!

I'd love to see a pic or video, too.

:peace:

Adobewan

Time to updated that famous sig, Adobewan. Fire up your graphics editor and get to work!

I'd love to see a pic or video, too.

:peace:
Ha! You beat me to it Stu!
I do have a job on top of spending too much time on FC you know! :D
PM you later!
podud.jpg

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Thanks for the review Adobewan! I got as bunch of those power adapter cables but they're probably not such a good idea because they are so short and stiff. They seemed to work ok at home on my tiny desk because I could leave them hanging off the side. It didn't occur to me to try them with the whole cable lying on a desk :doh: The female end is kind of lumpy, so combined with the short stiff cable this tends to prop up the pod on an angle due to its light weight. Oh well, these are the kinds of things beta testers are there for!

There shouldn't be any glue smell, but the silicone sealant that I use on the bottom of the pod does smell of vinegar while it cures. I doubt this is the cause of any lingering smell though. The hemp seed oil finish does have avery noticeable smell for the first few days and is not quite what I first expected. It smells like someone has been doing some deep frying in vegetable oil :lol: Not much I can do about that unfortunately. At least it is a totally safe and natural product (it can be used as a nutritious salad dressing :) ). Otherwise I'm very pleased with the finish as it seems to bring out better colour contrast and grain detail than the other two finishes I've tried.

I'm still away from home and won't be back for nearly two weeks, so there won't be any further developments until at least then. I want to order some more glass for the short GG stems but I need to be home in case it arrives quicker than expected (not likely but I don't want to take the risk).

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow very nice piece Adobewan, it is smaller than I thought it would be. I bet it is fun getting to know it!

Very nice work Hazy, very nice!

OO

Technical Skeptical
I think these are beautiful, and I wish success to your venture.

OO,
Reactions: hazy

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I'm so glad to be back at home after an exhausting trip! It was frustrating leaving all those pods behind waiting to be assembled. Since getting back I've ordered some more glass for the stems, glass cutting and filing tools, and some new power adapter cables. So it's back to the waiting game until it all arrives...

In the meantime I've sent a PM to everyone who has contacted me about beta testing. If anyone didn't get the PM then please contact me. Amongst other things, the PM describes the stem options that will be available with the pod. Here's what will be on offer:

Direct Draw
-----------
These are 80mm long straight glass stems.
DDS - (small) 7.6mm internal diameter for small loads. They are slightly larger than the original PD/Zap stems.
DDM - (medium) 9mm internal diameter for medium sized loads.
DDL - (large) 10mm internal diameter for large loads.

Ground Glass
------------
GG - A short stem with a 14mm male ground glass joint for use with water filtration. Internal diameter 9mm.

Half Stems
----------
These are for DIY/experimental use with vaporlungs or silicone tubing etc. They are like the direct draw stems but only 40mm long.
HS - (small) 7.6mm internal diameter.
HL - (large) 10mm internal diameter.

I hope this should have all the bases covered. It's certainly a lot more involved than what I had originally planned for this project!

After playing around with the screens I've decided that I can keep costs and complexity down by not grinding the insides of the stems to hold the screens in place. Instead I've found that by making the mesh bowl kind of square, I can turn it upside down so the herb sits on the flat surface. I had started doing this with my old PD stems after removing the circlip. Someone in the PD thread posted the idea (can't remember who unfortunately). I had forgotten about it then remembered the idea again recently after becoming frustrated trying to position the bowl shaped screens in the glass stems. They slid around and turned sideways etc and were driving me nuts!!! By squaring the mesh it creates a lot more friction and stability against the glass, so it stays in place but is easy to move into position with moderate pressure. I found that encourages maintenance because it is such a no-brainer to get it back into place.

screen.jpg

I haven't done a great job on this one but I hope you get the idea. I plan to get appropriate size dowels so that I can shape the mesh properly before inserting it into the stems.

NewVape

What a guy!
Looking good. I have an LSV and the screens fit the same way in the transfer wands. As long as the screen is fairly stiff I don't have problem with it staying in place and it does make cleaning a snap. I think it'll work well.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The Hot Pod is coming together so well - Hazy - it looks like your going to bring a really cool piece to the market. The size compared to my UD looks like putting my solo next to a volcano :lol: Keep up the good work dude - look forward to the next step!

mvapes,
Reactions: hazy

Adobewan

Glad to see you're back safe and sound Hazy. I'm looking forward to more fellow FC members getting to play with their units(phrasing).
Wanted to report in and mention my Pod is moving up in my rotation and will be reflected in my signature in the course of the next few days.
Just some quick thoughts and sorry if I'm being redundant but the Pod makes me happy:
Very efficient extraction, lots of pulls off a modest stem, and takes a while to get to a popcorn taste.
Love my glass stems, the squared screens are a pleasure and are more stable than those in my UD stems, I'll have to try that in my Dog's stems.
I think I mentioned earlier and he may have responded, but I think a wood stem from Ed would be a great addition to the glass ones Hazy provides.
It's fun to hold, so small and light, a nice balance of strong, masculine design in a somewhat petite package. My dad's generation may have referred to it as "keen"(I know, I know, some of you whippersnapper's dad's used phrases like "cool" and "rad", but I'm talking their Dad's, you know like on the Flintstones.)
Glad to be the first, but anxious for the community to join me on the lonely island and share in Hazy's goodness. I look forward to FC discussions of cool accessories for the Pod.
Welcome back Hazy!

Top Bottom