Discontinued A Hot Pod

natural farmer

My observations have given me the same conclusions, a longer than wide bowl gives me better extractions, although if you like big bowls then you have to progressively widen the bowl.

Hazy, have you tried making a stem with an inner tube to slim the bowl if we so choose? I have always thought that a variable width bowl would be ideal.

I myself have come to terms with the 9mm ID GonG stem and I get amazing results at 14,5V these days... I tried deeper bowls with the 8mm DDS but the session wasn't so comfortable as far as stirring goes. 9mm give you more space to do so. So, 0,03-0,05g's of good weed give me a lung-buster for the first hit, a serious second one and a wispy third one in under 3min super easy sessions with minimum throat irritation! I am sooo happy with the Pod... :love:

Sorry for the crappy vid, it's the best I can do with my phone... :shrug:

NewVape

What a guy!
I was fiddling around with the screen on my Pod last night and accidentally pushed its down the tube and had to scrunch it all out of shape to get it out. I thought to myself that I'd never get a screen back in there since the tube itself is recessed. I stu bled onto a different screen placement. Using the smallest screen I had, which I think is around 15mm, I placed it on the bottom on top of the tube.

97668b8834cdbb71b3663991352efd66_zps5d08aa8f.jpg

I'll be testing it out this weekend to see if the change in placement effects the performance.

NewVape,

C-weed

is there a wait for the hot pod? wow! im loving the glass fitting for this log. who would i email in reguard to this vape?

C-weed,
Reactions: hazy

C-weed

I think laziness is the word you were looking for.
Thank you sooooo much for helping me find the correct discriptive , my sophisticated friend!..(my pinkie was jutted outward whilst i was typing this for you.)...ta ta for now.

C-weed,
Reactions: OO

dorkus_molorkus

hey man, you asked questions that are answered in the 1st couple of pages of the thread.
read 5 or so of those pages and those questions are answered in abundance.

We are not here to play Q&A cuz you cant be bothered.

So please insert your pinky finger where appropriate.

You wanna participate here?

its a 2 way street.:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

C-weed

hey man, you asked questions that are answered in the 1st couple of pages of the thread.
read 5 or so of those pages and those questions are answered in abundance.

We are not here to play Q&A cuz you cant be bothered.

So please insert your pinky finger where appropriate.

You wanna participate here?

its a 2 way street.:peace:
i will do as i wish...im in compliance of each and every rule ladies.

C-weed,

dorkus_molorkus

sigh............ Unfortunatley, Im not allowed to feed the trolls.

I think name calling is against the rules.

Troll or ladies, not sure whose done what to who here?

dorkus_molorkus,

C-weed

sigh............ Unfortunatley, Im not allowed to feed the trolls.

I think name calling is against the rules.

Troll or ladies, not sure whose done what to who here?
i dont see where anyone was upset. and furthermore..... i dont want to clutter this thread with anything more than discussion of this sweet pod .so, ladies and gentlemen..please accept my lazy mannered appologies before this gets out of control. back to the topic at hand....this pod looks fantastic.

dorkus_molorkus

very gracious of you.

In order to facilitate good humor & happiness.

The POD is the most awesome vape I have encountered in my short time on FC.

I am very lucky to be a beta tester and Hazy is the bright young man who has put the POD together.
Until beta testing is complete & whatever else of lifes problems get in the way for brother hazy....
It'll be ready then I guess, and emailing no-one will bring that forward.

We dont mean to appear harsh or upset, but this is a community that by nature requires givers not takers.

Take a sec, have a read, educate thyself. Most questions here are answered in a few minutes of looking.

or not, dont care either way.:tup:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I still don't see anything in the horizon that would make me consider replacing the Pod as my all-day driver! Maybe that mystery super high tech vape, but that is another of the Pod's great advantages, being low tech and service free... :tup: :love:

Log vapes make me appreciate the value of simple things and the work of a fellow man. And they still are my favorite kind of vaporizer, so far. :D

natural farmer

Log vapes make me appreciate the value of simple things and the work of a fellow man. And they still are my favorite kind of vaporizer, so far. :D
And when they become portable we will have the holy grail in our hands! :D Any portable battery packs out there that give 15V for 30mins or so???

natural farmer,
Reactions: placetime

NewVape

What a guy!
I've recently switched back to the Pod as my daily drive. And I too have joined the high voltage club. My Pod now sits at about 14.2v gives me great clouds out of a tiny bit of herb and toasts it to an almost black. I've been using it with the screen set inside at the bottom of the tube rather in inside of it, and I've not noticed any significant loss in performance. Check back later for a video, cuz well I'm in that kind of mood.

I've ordered some of the right angle PS that Place posted earlier in the thread, I'm going to take one and make a VVPS cord out of it. I'll post a step by step once they get here.

I know that waiting for the Pod to enter production is painful for you non-beta testers, the good news is that I know for a fact that Hazy is working hard to figure out the best way to get Pods into people's hands. For now he's a one man show doing everything :)

C-weed

Best of luck to the pod and brother hazy. Im gonna scoop one up when available.

C-weed,
Reactions: hazy

Adobewan

I've ordered some of the right angle PS that Place posted earlier in the thread, I'm going to take one and make a VVPS cord out of it. I'll post a step by step once they get here.

Sorry, where is this post? I just got a replacement and they sent a straight rather than an angle.
grrrrrr!

Adobewan,

NewVape

What a guy!
Oops it was on the WW thread (page 19) not the Pod thread Place posted it on. Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase. Here's the link to the right angle 2.1x5.5x11.2mm plug. Super cheap. I should have mine in hand today or tomorrow.

NewVape

What a guy!
As promised here is a step by step for building your own Pod VVPS cord.

You'll need:
A right angle 2.1x5.5x11.2mm cord (link above)
Shielded mono 1/4 phone plug (available at Radio Shack or the like)
Shrink tubing
Heat source (for shrinking the shrink tube can be a heat gun or lighter )
Soldering iron and solder
Pliers (optional)

5D414671-6104-4B1D-8703-AD006461E138-5659-000002EE6EE190F6_zpsa1055047.jpg

Prep the cord by cutting one side of the wire shorter then the other, putting a large sized shrink tube and the plug cover on before soldering. In the case of the Pod you do not need to worry about +/-. The current will flow regardless how you set it up.

82B2CB7A-1376-4F2F-BAB1-8E0FFCF6545A-5659-000002EEA5F4E048_zps9cc78a92.jpg

Crimp the shorter wire in the holder (use pliers if needed) and solder it to the pole on the side.

E3E40C9B-E3BA-4B17-89F8-B885DE541161-5659-000002EE86E47CCA_zpsb028d82d.jpg

Slide the large heat shrink down leaving the unsoldered wire out, and use the heat gun to shrink it down. You can also use a lighter, just don't set fire to your cord.

394C80C2-8566-4A39-ADD2-779EA3C089BC-5659-000002EE93287CD3_zpsd5ea89d1.jpg

Place a smaller piece of shrink tube on the remaining wire and solder to the post at the top.

1E6EE004-8084-44C9-AD6C-3B851B1E2B28-5659-000002EE9975A7DB_zps1d2f7f19.jpg

Shrink the other tube down, the shrink tube will prevent any shorts in the plug.

6F3829F3-D113-437B-9B65-B89FF0B655BD-5659-000002EEA00DD006_zps8cc5597b.jpg

Slide down the plug cover and screw in place. And voila! You have a new cord for your Pods VVPS

7F1B1DEA-E1BF-4181-8A8F-52FC8A3FDFAC-5659-000002EEAD7DB8DD_zpsf56915c9.jpg

Doesn't that look nice?

177DCF9D-17D0-4290-97B5-E3F30D6EACBF-5659-000002EEB6BAF4BB_zps1890c3ee.jpg

EDC31056-2175-4B4C-B3EA-0750B6C9B6C7-5659-000002EEBC247D9A_zps786de3f1.jpg

Lets see how it works paired with my HVY tube & OGB Showerhead.

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
My observations have given me the same conclusions, a longer than wide bowl gives me better extractions, although if you like big bowls then you have to progressively widen the bowl.

Hazy, have you tried making a stem with an inner tube to slim the bowl if we so choose? I have always thought that a variable width bowl would be ideal.
It's an interesting idea but probably beyond my modest capabilities. Sounds like a job for Alan! I have to admit, I'm not totally convinced about the long, narrow bowl idea. I will need to do some experiments.

My Ehle 250mL arrived last week :brow: so I'm finally starting to see the benefits of water filtration. Just want to say "thank you" to OTA who assisted me with ordering it :cheers: I've been using the GG stem with the 9mm bowl, but because the weed I've got at the moment is so strong, and my tolerance is low (can only vape a few times a week), I've been packing very shallow bowls, less than 5mm deep. I find it works great (I've cranked the voltage up as well :evil:). For such a small amount I think it helps to pack the bowl quite tight. Some new stems are on the way, so it will be interesting to try the same thing with a narrower bowl and see if I come to the same conclusions as vorrange and OTA.

I was fiddling around with the screen on my Pod last night and accidentally pushed it down the tube and had to scrunch it all out of shape to get it out. I thought to myself that I'd never get a screen back in there since the tube itself is recessed. I stumbled onto a different screen placement. Using the smallest screen I had, which I think is around 15mm, I placed it on the bottom on top of the tube.
If you are lazy then you can simply not worry about it, it will not affect performance and can't move down further than the heating element anyway (about 10mm). If you want to fix it then unscrew the heating element and use a skewer etc from underneath to push the screen back up into place.

And when they become portable we will have the holy grail in our hands! :D Any portable battery packs out there that give 15V for 30mins or so???
I've already tried making a battery pack and it seems to work. I used 4 x 18650 batteries which gives me over 15V. Should last for several hours if left on continuously. The only problem is regulation, as the batteries lose voltage as they discharge, so the temperature will gradually drop. I haven't got around to finding a regulator for it yet.

Nice post NewVape! :cool: I will be interested to see how the new cord holds up.

natural farmer

I've already tried making a battery pack and it seems to work. I used 4 x 18650 batteries which gives me over 15V. Should last for several hours if left on continuously. The only problem is regulation, as the batteries lose voltage as they discharge, so the temperature will gradually drop. I haven't got around to finding a regulator for it yet.

:brow:

natural farmer,
Top Bottom