Discontinued A Hot Pod

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Only thing I think it could work on is a a finer screen. Its not horrible, but I think a finer screen would work a little better. I just feel that too much material gets through.
Noted ;)

hazy,

gvape

:lol: I like that the adjustable nature of screen placement in the Pod stems allows for a very small bowl. :2c:

What I really like about the adjustable size is that i can push it all the way down to the largest setting, load it up with as much or little as I want. Take a tool and press the screen all the way to the top with my finger on the other end of the bowl. This compresses the load for a nice and even roasting. This helps with packing as its not messy and I can make the bowl overly large for loading and shrink it back up for vaping. Either way it keeps your load the perfect distance from the heater no matter big or small.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hey gvape... How do you find the Pod compared to your HI? OTA? Feel free to answer too after all this time with both...

I've used the Pod exclusively for weeks, but since I switched back from using my bubbler to the Ehle the Pod is getting a bit less use then I'd like to be honest.

This is only because my short HS stem is a little to fiddly to use without an 18 to 14mm reducer adapter and because I find the medium stem a little too big for every day all day long use (I can't conserve as well as I'd like with it, I consider it more my party-sized bowl for playing with mixes of weed & concentrates).

So for those reasons my HI combined with a CRZ stem gets the most use right now, but I just realized that that is probably not the comparison you were asking for, lol

I love both anyway (I don't have any of the problems Gvape describes of having with his HI btw. Contact Alan about this bro, I'm sure he'd love to make it better for you if you give him the chance), & feel they compliment each other quit well.

Some differences I've noticed from the top of my head:

-The Hi is more efficient with heat/electricity (the Pod needs over 2 more volts for similar vaping-results) & cooler to the throat.
- The Pod has a slight edge in taste (only applicable if your taste-buds are sensitive enough to notice the metal in the air-path of the HI).

There must be more, but hey, I'm a stoner, I can't remember all that shit :haw: Feel free to ask any direct questions you might have though, I'm probably better with those.

I'd rather not comment on efficiency in terms of herb-use. Ime this is much more dependent on which stem you use with either unit & then on either of these vapes themselves. But if I must I'd say they're pretty equal in potential.

All in all they are both pretty awesome, & I'm so glad I don't have to pick between these two.

edit: I just noticed the remarks about the screens on the next page. I've switched to a finer (SSV) screen on day one or two if I remember correctly. I find the originals too course and keep getting particles (or practicals..?) in my mouth when sucking the load back in after stirring it (I dump the load in a tiny glass bowl to stir it). But th fine screens clog up very fast, I need to replace them every two days which is becoming quite a pain. So when I switched back to the medium bowl I put in the original screen that came with it again & i still hate getting shit in my mouth, but I haven't had to replace the screen in weeks neither. I guess both have their advantages.

gvape

Completely understand where you are coming from with moving to finer screens. That is why I have yet to change to a small screen. Now that I am thinking about it though, what if I just put a small screen on top of the current one. Easy to replace and you still get the filtration of the smaller screen with the ease of move and cleaning of the large. I will report back and try this.

I been meaning to send my hi back. He offered to add all he bells and whistles the current hi have, just never get around to it. Still a great vape I just use it when I want something heated fast. It has the shortest warm up of all the logs.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Did everyone fall asleep in here or what? lol

Are all the beta units send off now Hazy?

So did you try the extra screen Gvape? I imagine it'll only get clogged quicker since most of my screens seem to get dirtier on the bottom side that I can't reach to scrape (while stirring), but it's worth a try I guess.

& do it, get those bells & whistles :tup:

OhTheAgony,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Where can a person buy a HP. I'm sure it's in a thread here somewhere but I can't get my lazy ass to look for it.

PD/MZ

scottio19

scotty
^it is still in beta I think, it appears that there are many beta testers.

on the first page it said beta testers will pay cost price, so maybe you too could be a beta tester? try emailing hazy

scottio19,

natural farmer

You are in that thread mate and the Pod is not in production yet but I believe it will be soon enough... It's a piece of ultra functional art and a mighty vape to have! ;)

natural farmer,
Reactions: hazy

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
^it is still in beta I think, it appears that there are many beta testers.

on the first page it said beta testers will pay cost price, so maybe you too could be a beta tester? try emailing hazy

i do not believe he is taking on any more testers. :( i am awaiting a production link as well. i emailed Hazy and that was what i was told to wait for.

mmenzie,

natural farmer

My Big Natural Hot Pod Review

OK FC... I believe it's time for me to contribute a bit more to this thread as a beta tester after having found my preferred set up, voltage setting etc. It took me a while as the VVPS took a month and a half to reach me from china but after a couple of weeks with it I can say it definitely worth the wait... I'll try to write down a loooong stoney review cause I feel the Pod deserves it! Whoever is bored to read at my rumblings please skip to the end for a quick summary... I also hope my english won't tire my native english speaking fellow vaporists here. :p I will EDIT a lot for sure!

So, let's get going... I was lucky enough to join the list early on but got my Pod "late on" (??) cause Australia is pretty far from my neighbourhood! :p Nevertheless I was amazed from the first moment at how tiny it was and how good it felt in my hand. I tend to develop a very esoteric relationship with certain objects/tools/gadgets that keep me company during the day and I could immediately tell that the Pod would be one of those things. Love at first sight it was and our love is burning hot! Even the passing of my fingers over the little seed holes/mouths made a nice sound... It was smooth to the touch and the details of the natural patterns on the Pod could keep you staring at it for several minutes when medicated! Still do sometimes... :D As an added bonus Hazy decided to send me a Pod with a slight imperfection who thought I might like as my forum name implies and he was right!

ibis9XDoM6QuNz.jpg

My Pod had pubic hair!!! :o Some remaining plant fibre that the wood-turner had left there for some reason and they were like velvet to the touch! Such a beautiful natural detail... They are almost gone by now but still nice touch! Appreciated mate! ;)

The VVPS cable, a very nice thing for Hazy to throw in for testers asked for one, was a beautiful match to my eyes and adds to the natural looks of the Pod by giving a slight retro/steampunk touch and I love it! Hazy said he may not include a VVPS cable when the Pod hits production and I believe he is right as there were some issues with the right angle plug that goes in the Pod. The MacGyver in me fixed it somehow but I will be looking at more permanent solutions at some point. For the time it works just fine and that's what matters for a cable. It's also very flexible so all good on that front too!

i61zXA7RFbebA.jpg
iAcH4iriN49xS.jpg

As the VVPS was ordered late I was left with no power supply unfortunately and I had to fork out 14€ to a local shop to be able to try the Pod ASAP. It was expensive cause I chose a good quality one that had settings for 9, 10.5, 12, 13.5, 15 and 17.5 Volts. The bad thing was that the plugs it supplied were of the add-on ones and melted after a couple of days in the Pod at high temps. Anyway, I plugged the Pod straight at 13.5V for the first time for some good bubbler hits with the help of the GonG stem Hazy included. WOW! That thing was quite a different beast from the portables I had experienced in the past... More airflow, more bubbles, near instant vapor production, super smooth hits, extra clean flavour... I was in heaven and I didn't even know how to hit it properly yet! The head-bang was strong too. So that's what it was all about!

I quickly forgot my Solo, I randomly tested the FlashVape, I used the INH only on the road and the Pod took all the vaping time at home! When the plugs of the PS melted I had to use a regular 12V one for 3 weeks or so until the VVPS came. During that time I tried some direct hitting cause frankly, the bubbler hits were so good that far that I totally forgot to try a direct session for several days. It was harsh at first as the high airflow quickly dried out the back of my throat and bunt my tongue a bit. I adjusted my draw to be much slower and the experience was not bad at all. Not bad but not remotely compared with what i experience through water.

My 250ml EHLE (12'') came at about that time too and from the first sessions I knew it would be a match made in heaven! Perfect size for my needs, gave me smoother hits than my Saxo and the airflow was better too. The Pod experience just got better!

And it became even better when the little chinese VVPS finally arrived in my mailbox! I am so glad I am unemployed and have all this time in my hands to do such tests... After a couple more weeks I have found 13.7V to be my sweet spot. There is such a big room for adjustments though, depending on draw speed, airflow of glass piece or stem, variations of speed during the draw that I am confident everybody will find a different sweet spot in the end and it doesn't play a major role. As of now I believe I am in vapor heaven and would not change my set up even if I was offered a titanium Cloud instead! :tup:

iqfelDOSte0QZ.jpg

I thought I would compare the Pod to my Solo mainly when I asked Hazy to join the list but little did I know... The Solo is no match for a log. I better compare it to the other logs out there. I might not own any of those fellas but there are advantages with the Pod's design that deserve to be mentioned and stacked against the competition and Hazy deserves that too for his ingenuity! I will dare saying that right now the Pod's design is the best out there for the following reasons:

a) Simplicity and ease of serviceability. A major concern for those among us who don't find that spending more gives you more in life. If and whenever my Pod breaks, I can service it by myself with minimum cost. You can do it with most logs, yeah, but here things are even easier. Parts can be found everywhere easily. A glass tube... Some silicone... A resistor... A plug... Voila. Even if Hazy stops sourcing those beautiful Pods, I can even get a nice twig from a tree to a wood-turner and replace a broken shell. Hazy took an amazing idea (Alan's Hi) and added tons of creativity to come up with a much better overall design IMHO. It has an underlying danger of a potential customer not giving the cash to Hazy for a Pod but rather build a Pod of his/her won but I frankly see this as Hazy's contribution to a better world. Most people will ask a Pod from Hazy and few will give it a go on their own and I doubt Hazy will mind this. I really doubt if he will be able to make enough Pods for all the future customers actually... Another long Hi list is waiting for us I am afraid. Or not, cause of the simplicity in production. ;) If the wood-turner can supply the Pods, Hazy will have an easy time assembling them. Hazy, get me an acre of land near you and I can help you out if you like! :lol:

b) Safety. As the glass heater tube is recessed in the Pod's body, there is no part on the Pod you can touch and get burnt. I wonder if Hazy had thought of that aspect... It seems very important to me when I watch those exposed metal parts with logs like the UD, Hi, E-Nano etc and even the Cloud. Why should I have a hot surface that I should be aware of while I am baked? No thanks...

c) Multi talented. :p The Pod as others have noticed is a great hand warmer when blowing in the heater tube and holding it with both hands... Nice and toasty they get! :D My girl gets to hold it a lot when I am not there to warm her! :lol: It can also become a great decorative lamp when needed. Make yourself a plug with a LED instead of a resistor and amaze the crowds!!!

For me the Pod is even a winner when compared to the Cloud or the LSV cause of it's utter simplicity and equal ability to deliver lung busting, flavourful clouds of sweet vapor while being less fragile and user-serviceable at the same time at a fraction of the cost. More efficient too if you need to save some herb... Small loads, big clouds. Dropped my tolerance a lot since I replaced the INH with the Pod for my daily needs. While I would need 0.2grams or a full INH load to get me going, now I just need a GonG stem's worth to get to the same point or just 0.05grams! :o That could be associated with the way the cannabinoids are extracted with active convection though... I find my herbs seem more potent through the Pod than through the rest of the tools. For sure the Cloud or the LSV can fog a room easier but the Pod can fog a room ENOUGH! If up to the task you can finish a load in one big hit and fog more but my lungs would hurt a lot after such a hit so what's the point for a HUGE cloud other than being able to do it...

I am sure I had more things in my mind to share but since I managed to fork out most out of my head while medicated I feel ok. If something else comes to my mind I will add it later together with more vids... Last time I tried to make one I forgot to press the REC on my iPhone and was too wasted in the end after a big load of charas in that GonG bowl which totally devastated me! And it was soooo foggy I couldn't believe it... Next time maybe! Oh yeah... I forgot about the screens. I didn't like them a lot at first but I can't see myself with a regular one after a month with them. Up and down, in and out, so easy to clean... We just need a walkthrough from Hazy on how to shape them as great as he does for when they eventually fail from misuse... :p

All in all, I truly believe a Hot Pod could end the VAS for most people (it did for me) and could ignite a GAS one if you are not easily contempt with a humble EHLE piece like me... A vaporist these days most possibly just needs a Pod (or other log) at home and an Inhalater for a stealthy alternative on the go and that's it...

Natural farmer APPROVED and DOUBLE APPROVED and I hope you all get one some day! :tup: Hazy! Bravo and thanks!

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Thanks for the review NF. i really need to have one of these!!! Good luck to Hazy on getting these into production soon

mmenzie,
Reactions: hazy

natural farmer

Getting ready for some action with the newly arrived VVPS. It's the model with the on-off switch at the back... It is stainless steel this one and gets a little hotter to the touch but nothing annoying. It seems to have a tighter potentiometer as well and that's only a good thing to prevent accidental surges in voltage... The finish is not top notch but for the cash I cannot complain and it looks nice enough! My girl prefers the black though... :p

ilKOSBqVnOTNL.jpg

dorkus_molorkus

Praise fucking Jeebus! I am back baby!
6 weeks in the internet wilderness, its a cold world out there for the unconnected let me tell you.

One more time for those that missed it the 1st time.

My POD fucking rocks! Its my daily driver & the only vape I wanna know.
Recently, I had a blackout for most of a day & had to use my solo all day. I was pissed, the solo no longer gives me the satisfaction it once did.

My pod is all I need.

It takes a licking, but keeps on ticking.

anyhoo, just a quick howdy to all. I know youse were all wundering where ol dorkus had nicked off too.

Im fucking back baby! :rockon: WOO HOO!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
anyhoo, just a quick howdy to all. I know youse were all wundering where ol dorkus had nicked off too.

Im fucking back baby! :rockon: WOO HOO!
I wasn't worried. I just figured you were passed out on some beach somewhere...... again. Must've been more scatily clad women than usual holding you hostage this time, eh? You actually got home sooner than I expected.

Welcome back Dorkus! :tup:

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus

I wasn't worried. I just figured you were passed out on some beach somewhere...... again. Must've been more scatily clad women than usual holding you hostage this time, eh? You actually got home sooner than I expected.

Welcome back Dorkus! :tup:

:peace:

funnily enough yes, your wife had more clothes on than normal and more strange she wasnt '' into it' like she normally is. So, yes i did make it back a little early.

But its ok, i had a terrible headache from the shit beer she brung with her.

Fucking 'brung'? who says that? godamn shit beer made me stupid as well.:doh:

Its good to be back Stu. :wave::D

I missed you guys. :clap:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hi guys, I haven't been too active on FC lately but I just thought I'd drop in & check on you guys again. I'm a little sad to see how quiet it's been though, no new updates Hazy?

That was quit a read Farmer, good job!

I'm glad you like the Ehle too. I went astray for a little while in a short flirtation with high-end glass, but the 250 is where it's at for me.

I didn't know there was a new version of the small PSU btw, good thing I checked back here finally :tup:
My small one has been my to go to PSU for a short while now that my other one developed an annoying whine, & I was already thinking of adding a switch to the chord because I got tired of plugging/unplugging it.

Nice SAK btw, is that a Trailmaster?

Top Bottom