Discontinued A Hot Pod

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Wow Dorkus, that looks pretty interesting. Feel free to post a video :D

Hmm, wouldn't leaving the hydratube on the pod like that put a lot of stress on the internal glass part of the vape?
There isn't any stress on the glass centre tube of the vape. The pressure is taken by the silicone ring which in turn sits on a ledge which is part of the pod. You should be able push as hard as you like on it. I have ;)

placetime

I find its a bit hot & harsh. but jeebus, it hits like a freight train. :tup:

That looks awesome. Great feedback to hear that it's a bit hot and harsh. I assume that it's still better/less-harsh than without any water?

Sorry if I missed this info somewhere, but what is that tube? Is it from a Cloud, or a Pinnacle, or something else?

placetime,

dorkus_molorkus

its from the pinnacle. Man I cough till I nearly puke with this thing.

Its going in the classifieds I think.
Its too harsh for me, I like my vapor just too hot for the small amount of water to cope.

But I have a larger custom tube on its way from GBD, hopefully it will solve that issue.
I saw a vid of my new tube yesterday & man its fucking gnarly. Its got a 18mm joint, cuz a 14mm wasnt going to be sturdy enough. But the 18mm looks as beefy as hell, so hopefully it will be AWESOME!

Its a bummer about the pinnacle tube, cause its just the cutest thing & I was really looking forward to having a longlasting relationship with it.

dorkus_molorkus,

SD_haze

its from the pinnacle. Man I cough till I nearly puke with this thing.

Its going in the classifieds I think.
Its too harsh for me, I like my vapor just too hot for the small amount of water to cope.

But I have a larger custom tube on its way from GBD, hopefully it will solve that issue.
I saw a vid of my new tube yesterday & man its fucking gnarly. Its got a 18mm joint, cuz a 14mm wasnt going to be sturdy enough. But the 18mm looks as beefy as hell, so hopefully it will be AWESOME!

Its a bummer about the pinnacle tube, cause its just the cutest thing & I was really looking forward to having a longlasting relationship with it.
Is that with using the hot pod at like 15v?

SD_haze,

dorkus_molorkus

yep 15v. I cant get decent vapor at 13.5v (next step down on my vps)

It does the same thing with my solo on 5-7, I cough till I nearly puke.

I tried it on a lower temp but I dont like my vapor wispy & light,

thick n heavy for me pls.:tup:

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: vorrange

natural farmer

Hey Podders! :smug: Just wanted to say that I have settled at 14,5V using my hottie exclusively through the 250 ehle and doing short, relatively slow-draw and hot hits to get max cannabinoid extraction with each hit for a beautifully balanced high... :smug:

And while sooo high u get great ideas of course that make your life easier... Some lip balm/wax for the ehle's downstem (works like Joint Wax) has finally made it spill proof and steadier (notice the difference in opacity?) and a thick ring of silicone tubing around the GonG stem has made it a breeze to pick it up and clear. It's all in the details baby! :lol:

i2K0jQvfWVyx8.jpg

Hazy?? How does the ehle treat you mate?

OO

Technical Skeptical
It doesn't take much, good job on figuring out your ideal setup.

In the lab, silicon ground glass joint grease makes the connection less opaque as well.

natural farmer

I have found a way to temporarily fix my plug until a proper one gets here... The parachute cord worked fine and won't burn even at 15Vs. Inside, there is just some electric tape for insulation. Wanted to share this in case someone is left without a plug at some point.

ibwlGvAb3nAE1n.jpg

iVGM1gVvDYhCm.jpg

ibhIKAaxprJCLx.jpg

Keep fogging the place! :spliff:

natural farmer

I was away from home for a week on a beautiful Greek island :smug: and I had brought the INH 004 with me as well as the Pod for those few moments when we were off the beach... I was using the Pod's GonG stem as the INH'a mouthpiece all these days and it really made for a great mouthpiece... :) I even left the screen in to act as a second filter.

i6Hs8CngFWyhT.jpg

When I was back from the island I had to spent a night at the city and I had no weed with me for the night? Who should I call? The POD BUSTER!

ibcFmBsvsvMwgh.jpg

I just inverted the silicon tubing and the little blue mouthpiece tip from the INH package and voila!!! Sweet oil that kept me going for at least 6 hours and some additional hits next morning! :brow: It was pretty potent too... :ko:

I have also began dry hitting more these last days and I see now that I can get higher than when I go through water... I am feeling that the oil left in the water is more than I originally thought and I sure prefer it inside me... :smug:

I also have to comment again on what a great partner a vapor lung is to the Pod since there is no spot on the Pod you could touch and burn your flesh and the session is always safe and smooth. Slow pulls on the vapor lung give me two full bottles with a loose GonG load (0,03-0,05 gr) and the taste is just amazing! I love how high I can get with such a small load!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey there NF,

Those batteries really are the best choice in terms of quality and price. I've tried numerous different kinds of cells and unless you are using it in a particularly high draw environment these cells are the best. And protections are an absolute must, though it would be better to use one four cell protection circuit than four once cell protection circuits as they may 'fight'.

However, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this project. Are you planning on just plugging the box directly into the Hot Pod?

Though the listing for the battery holder you have there states 14.8v operating voltage, that's not necessarily the case. These batteries operate anywhere between 3.7 and 4.2 volts each depending on their capacity, so when you have 4 fully charged batteries in there it is going to be running almost at 17 volts. 14.8 volts will be what it puts out when it is near drained and right before the protection circuit kicks in. I'm not sure how the HP will handle this range of voltage, and if you are aiming to be vaping at a precise voltage that would be an issue.

CentiZen,
Reactions: hazy

natural farmer

I'm not sure how the HP will handle this range of voltage, and if you are aiming to be vaping at a precise voltage that would be an issue.

Hadn't really thought about that... :p Is there a way to connect the pack with my tiny VVPS?

natural farmer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I don't think so, as that power supply is designed to take in wall power, which is AC.

However, one solution would be to use a DC/DC step-down converter between the pack and the vape. They are not terribly expensive but require you to either use a premade circuit board or solder one together yourself. Something like this one

One limitation of this kind of design though is that you must have your output voltage set at least two volts below the input voltage. So when the batteries are low and around 15 volts, the most you can put out is 13. This voltage is not relative either, so the output voltage will need to be set beforehand to the highest value those batteries could support at the lowest charge.

If you considered adding another battery to the mix, that would not be an issue however.

CentiZen,

natural farmer

I don't think so, as that power supply is designed to take in wall power, which is AC.

However, one solution would be to use a DC/DC step-down converter between the pack and the vape. They are not terribly expensive but require you to either use a premade circuit board or solder one together yourself. Something like this one

One limitation of this kind of design though is that you must have your output voltage set at least two volts below the input voltage. So when the batteries are low and around 15 volts, the most you can put out is 13. This voltage is not relative either, so the output voltage will need to be set beforehand to the highest value those batteries could support at the lowest charge.

If you considered adding another battery to the mix, that would not be an issue however.

Project sunk successfully! :ko: I hope you or someone else will start making Log Battery packs at some point... I'll stick to the Lotus and Solo for the moment. Thought it would be simpler. Can't bother right now. Thanks for the heads up mate! :tup:

natural farmer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned from my time in electronics, it is "If it seems simple enough - it isn't". Bane of my goddamn existence since I never got any formal EE training.

If we could get a couple other people who are interested in getting something like this than I would have no problem getting something like this made, I'd just need some time. The only problem is I don't have a log vape (At least until Alan gets to me on his list) to test them with. But this type of product could be very useful. I am thinking of a five cell setup, with adjustable voltage anywhere between 9 and 16 volts. With a set of universal tips, that could power pretty much any log vape, the solo for both run and charge and probably every other charger.

The only set back I can think of is that the cells would need to be charged externally to the pack, or require a custom charger that can handle five cells at once.

CentiZen,

natural farmer

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned from my time in electronics, it is "If it seems simple enough - it isn't". Bane of my goddamn existence since I never got any formal EE training.

If we could get a couple other people who are interested in getting something like this than I would have no problem getting something like this made, I'd just need some time. The only problem is I don't have a log vape (At least until Alan gets to me on his list) to test them with. But this type of product could be very useful. I am thinking of a five cell setup, with adjustable voltage anywhere between 9 and 16 volts. With a set of universal tips, that could power pretty much any log vape, the solo for both run and charge and probably every other charger.

The only set back I can think of is that the cells would need to be charged externally to the pack, or require a custom charger that can handle five cells at once.

I am sure many would be interested... ;)

Top Bottom