710 coils

Kanna_Kult

I’ve noticed I have what looks like some minor scratching on my banger where the top of the coil sits and also another about 1-2mm from the weld on the bottom of the bucket. I don’t think it’s a crack though. Anyone else had this issue? I’m thinking it might have happened when the banger rotated in the coil as I was disassembling. I kinda figured I wasnt supposed to do that because it made a not so pleasant sound. I just wanna stop doing whatever I’m doing that’s causing this.

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: 710Coils

Kanna_Kult

@Kanna_Kult Its not uncommon to have slight scratches on the outside =) The coil can squeal when being taken off if there is a snug spot. But should not hurt anything other than your ears
Ok cool thank you, wanted to make sure I wasn’t creating a weak point where it could fracture or anything like that. Good to know it’s not just me being clumsy either

biohacker

Anyone know of a good way to tighten up the fit of the 14mm male joint on the banger? Scotch tape?

My 30mm bucket just swung around and punched a hole in my cheap thin walled rig! :lol:

Or did I just get a joint not true to spec? It's loose in every piece and adapter i've tried it with.

biohacker,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Anyone know of a good way to tighten up the fit of the 14mm male joint on the banger? Scotch tape?

My 30mm bucket just swung around and punched a hole in my cheap thin walled rig! :lol:

Or did I just get a joint not true to spec? It's loose in every piece and adapter i've tried it with.

:o :rofl: That HAD to be a total "WTF" moment! My buddy makes a little parchment paper shim to take the play out of his 14mm setup; the tape should work too.

mixchu69

@Kanna_Kult Its not uncommon to have slight scratches on the outside =) The coil can squeal when being taken off if there is a snug spot. But should not hurt anything other than your ears
Hi Shane,

I purchased a augusthaus coil awhile back and never used it:
https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/xl-custom-coil-2-0
not this exact version because i dont have the bottom clip to connect

i was wondering if this coil will work with your bangers sold and if I would be able to attach the rubber clips. The one I received with the augusthaus coil has the banger tightly wound with thin stainless steel (wrapped over 20 times). Can I just cut the stainless steel wrap that connects the banger to the coil and use your coil clip kit.

Main reason i want coil clip kit is that i can take out the banger and clean it. I can take more pictures in a few weeks (its in storage) if need more explaining

mixchu69,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@mixchu69 My original coils were much shorter and should be in line with what the Augusthaus coils are. My clip and banger should work fine. But might need some adjusting to make sure the banger is not snug when sliding in and out of the coil. I can help you get the right fit when you have the coil and banger together, so just hit me up when its time =)

@biohacker I have found that the paper shim or even cleaning the joint and then lightly wetting the banger joint before sliding into the piece and then give a slight twist to lock the 2 joints together. Really sorry your piece broke. But I am also impressed my banger was able to spin around and pop a hole in your piece. I would of expected the banger to crack or something. But not the piece breaking like that =P

@J3r3myincali and @Hackerman Barrel coils need a tighter fit and are not very user friendly like the axial coils are. The axial coil is not fitted snug like the barrel coils are since the coil end is on the bottom and not on the side. This means you can have the sides loose enough to not touch the banger and just the bottom of the coil needs to be snug to the banger. The setup and tear down are night and day between the 2 also. Barrel sounds and feels scary when removing the coil after use. Where the axial coil is never snug on the sides and so it comes right apart without any issues.

Coils are tracking for Friday/Monday delivery and more inserts and bangers are due early next week =)

Hope everyone is having a great day

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs

Must be the quality of Shanes banger plus the weight of your dabs.:brow:

Well gang, I just made the plunge. I bough a controller from Auber and Shane is setting me up with the rest.

I tried some bangers early on ( a few years ago) with a torch and I didn't care for the unregulated temps of the torch. This is my first coil.

Once I get it set up, what's a common temp to set it at?

Thanks

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Well gang, I just made the plunge. I bough a controller from Auber and Shane is setting me up with the rest.

I tried some bangers early on ( a few years ago) with a torch and I didn't care for the unregulated temps of the torch. This is my first coil.

Once I get it set up, what's a common temp to set it at?

Thanks
Welcome to the club! 500F seems to be a good setting if your not using inserts. If you want to use inserts I would bump it up 50-100F for drop-tech. Not sure if you need to raise the temp at all if you leave the insert in?

biohacker

Try more like 800-1000 degrees if you want to replicate Biohacker's experience. He torches for 60 seconds so you can imagine how hot the banger actually is.

If using one of the 4mm opaque puck dish inserts for sure.... I was up to 750f with the e-nail and found it still not enough and too slow. But for the thin clear quartz, completely different animal.

Don't forget to kill the switch on the e-nail after drop to try to emulate the cool down curve too! :D

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thanks gang. What's drop tech/cold drop?
Drop tech or uptemp dabs are based on the theory that gradually heating the concentrate produces a better flavor profile. Insert is cold loaded and then 'dropped' into a hot banger and after a few seconds starts producing vapor as usual. One can also accomplish this with 'cold start' tech by cold loading directly into a cool banger and heating just enough to hit dabbing temps.

biohacker

That HAD to be a total "WTF" moment!

Not as much as the WTF moment I just had accidentally cleaving the neck right off my flagship piece! :bang: I was cleaning it AND doing dishes at the same time and I had a small mason jar in one hand and the WT in the other and something happened in a split second :o:rolleyes:

Worst thing is that I have no more backups and my CCG piece is still on its way, and my sapphire dish is about to land in an hour. Off to the head shop! :D

I'll be picking up a TAG very soon :lol:

Good thing I don't have to worry about my 710Coils thick walled!!! :rockon:

Top Bottom