710 coils

Well, I just got my coil and I must say, so far, I hate this whole enail thing. LOL Not the coil itself or the controller. Just the whole enail thing. I'm hoping it's just a learning curve thing.

Big thanks to Shane for all the extras. The clip is an absolute must (IMO). Thanks again.

Also, kudos to Auber. The unit I received was damaged but the customer service is top notch. And, shipping was super fast.

OK.... first problem. I need a carb cap. That's easy enough. However, I can't leave it on the banger because the heat transfers to the cap and it burns my fingers. I'll work on that part.

However, I must be using it incorrectly. After it gets all heated up, I drop a dab into the banger and take my hit. However, when I am done taking the hit, the dab is still smoking. And, just wasting away into space. OK, smaller dabs. I tried that and it's still impossible to clear the banger in one hit. This might be where the pearls come in? I am imagining coating a pearl with rosin and dropping it in the banger. When I have all the hit I can take, I use tweezers to put the pearl out???? I can see the rosin dripping off right away.

I guess the learning curve is longer than I imagined. Is there a tutorial? LOL

Well, you’re overthinking it a bit. There will always be some oil remaining - that’s what you q-tip up.

Set the controller to like 580*, put a grain of rice sized dab right on the bottom, and then put your bubble cap (which you have, right???) on top. Draw on your rig and move the bubble cap’s airflow around the banger slowly. Clear it out, go back in again, and draw until it tastes burned or you aren’t getting much. Q-tip everything up.

Don’t store the cap on the banger when not in use. It should never be so hot you can’t use it. It won’t get too hot to hold from normal usage.

Don’t focus on ‘ending’ the dab/pulling gems out - qtipping after every dab is how you do that.

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it.

OK, carb cap. And, WTF is a 'bubble cap'? LOL

Sorry gang, I'm total newb at this. :)

I used a 20ml beaker for a cap. It seems to work OK. It catches the smoke coming off until I can hit it.

So, a rice sized dab. That's like 4 or 5 hits, yes?

Am I supposed to be able to milk my bong with this setup? I am getting pretty wispy hits so far. A 10ml beaker fits in the banger like an insert so I can hold it a little crooked and it might work as a cap with very little air getting through. Is that how I want it to be if I want to milk it?

Once again, thanks for the hand holding.

EDIT: Something else. I went back and my controller was off. Do these things have a timer? Can I turn it off? The controller came with zero instructions.

Here are a couple pics.

23m2es0.jpg

33cpt7b.jpg

2lm7w5x.jpg

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
While that's better than nothing, you're going to want an appropriately fitted carb cap to control the temp and pressure/suction in your banger... also allows you to direct the airflow. It'll make your dabbing experience more efficient and enjoyable. Check out the quartz Pi caps @ 710coils, they're good quality and reasonably priced (like all of Shane's gear) but any brand should do.

edit: The Auber has an automatic shut-off after 30 minutes or so? I haven't timed it and I don't recall seeing the exact number in the manual.

You need a proper cap. A smart fella like you is probably very aware of the effects of vacuum on boiling/vaporization — a tight seal is crucial.

https://710coils.com/products/quart-pi-colored-ball-caps

These fit the radiused bevel of Shane’s bangers really well and create a tight seal. The directed airflow hitting the oil puddle in your banger and blowing it around to the hot parts of the banger, in conjunction with the vacuum created by the seal, is what creates the magic.

Think of the banger surface as a TV with millions of pixels. As the dab hits the surface, it creates ‘dead pixels’ of cold, as the ambient material absorbs the heat energy of that tiny area of the banger, and so forth. By using directed airflow to move the oil all around, you’re able to move the oil onto less ‘dead pixels’ and create a bigger hit, while continuing to draw ambient air in through the mouthpiece. This is why you can milk up your rig with a good cap - the ‘denominator’ of the air brought in remains constant, while the numerator of vapor increases.

Try that and come back - I think you’ll be fine though.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@add1noob Welcome to the 710 coils cult!!!!! Its always makes me so very happy to see new customers enjoying my sweet sweet gear =)

@Hackerman I am with everyone that you wont get the proper experience until you have a legit cap.

The beveled edge on my bangers is where the magic with a ball cap comes into play. The seal and fluid movement you get with a ball cap. The Quartz Pi caps I sell milk up the dabs crazy and you will be very pleased with the results you get.

Shoot me a direct message and I will see what we can do to get you setup with a proper ball cap =)

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

OK..... now, we're talkin'. Milkin' like a London fog.

I can see how I'll definitely need to order the cap. I ran through a few items I had in my glass box and.... OMG, what a difference.

Remember the hash oil pipes we had in the 60's? Round ball with a tube? It didn't fit very flush but I began to understand what you were talking about.

311sak2.jpg

29ypaio.jpg

The second piece worked very well. It sealed perfectly and the only air getting through was by my fingers on the top opening. And I got a taste of how spinning it makes a world of difference.

2liewlc.jpg

The learning curve is getting flatter, fast. A tribute to good teachers. ;) Thanks again, all.

However, this controller timing out is out of the question. This coil will sit on my bench next to my E-Nano and it will be on all day. I certainly don't want to visit my bench and find the controller has timed out and my banger is cold.

Is there a problem running this setup all day like an E-Nano?

Do all controllers time out?

I have to take this one apart anyway to fix the bent pot. So, I can change whatever it is that's timing it out while I'm in there. However, if they are not designed to run constantly, there's probably a reason.

Taste is very nice.

Still don't know what the pearls are for.

Beer is on me. :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
OK..... now, we're talkin'. Milkin' like a London fog.

I can see how I'll definitely need to order the cap. I ran through a few items I had in my glass box and.... OMG, what a difference.

Remember the hash oil pipes we had in the 60's? Round ball with a tube? It didn't fit very flush but I began to understand what you were talking about.

311sak2.jpg

29ypaio.jpg

The second piece worked very well. It sealed perfectly and the only air getting through was by my fingers on the top opening. And I got a taste of how spinning it makes a world of difference.

2liewlc.jpg

The learning curve is getting flatter, fast. A tribute to good teachers. ;) Thanks again, all.

However, this controller timing out is out of the question. This coil will sit on my bench next to my E-Nano and it will be on all day. I certainly don't want to visit my bench and find the controller has timed out and my banger is cold.

Is there a problem running this setup all day like an E-Nano?

Do all controllers time out?

I have to take this one apart anyway to fix the bent pot. So, I can change whatever it is that's timing it out while I'm in there. However, if they are not designed to run constantly, there's probably a reason.

Taste is very nice.

Still don't know what the pearls are for.

Beer is on me. :)

You can turn the auto timer on the Auber off completely, or set it to whatever time you want.

I'm on the bus right now so don't have the link handy, but there should be some instructions on Auber's website.

From memory, push in and hold the knob for 5 seconds until the LCD changes. Turn the knob til it reads 166 (code to let you into the menu) and push the knob in. You then have access to 5 different settings you can cycle through by pushing the knob.

I believe the timer is the last one, maybe aPo or something? Auto Power or something? Turn the knob til it says off.

Voila, no more timer!

And yes, a proper fitting cap is required as you've now found out!

Terp pearls add more surface area and thermal mass and allow you to more efficiently vaporize your dab at an even lower temperature.

I find ruby/sapphire pearls to be better than quartz pearls, but quartz pearls are definitely better than no pearls imo.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Once again, I thank you all so much.
I can learn along. thanks too.
I don't have a ball carb cap yet, so it was not really possible to get the balls spinning. But I can clearly see the advantages of the cap.
But it is not absolutely necessary for my use atm. I can use something else.

Never seen a crack pipe.

Last edited:
Sick Vape,
Reactions: 710Coils
Well, another 710 day. Today, I dropped 3 of the pearls into the banger. Are you supposed to use all 3 at once?

I am getting some pretty great hits using the crack pipe as a ball cap. LOL Still, it's not perfectly round and I can see the performance difference when the seal is tight and flush. I'll look for something else that's a better fit. If I decide to keep everything, I'll order a proper ball cap.

It seems to me like the bowl is way too big. I place similar size drops in the 710 banger and my Motar quartz and there is a huge difference. In some way better and in some ways worse.

The Motar bowl is so tiny, it seems way more efficient. The larger banger seems to waste a lot. I went through almost a gram yesterday just experimenting. LOL Albeit, there's that learning curve thing.

With the Motar (my daily goto for rosin) I get 3 very different hits from every dab. Since the bowl goes through the heatup process from cold to hot for each hit, the first is all the lower boiling point constituents. It almost tingles your throat with the Beta Caryophyllene. The second hit is more full bodied and the last hit dries everything up as it pulls the higher boiling point constituents like Linalool. Love to hear your feedback on flavor-chasing.

Since the 710 banger is already at the optimum temperature when you drop the load, it is not stepped like the Motar. Not better or worse. Just pointing out a difference I noticed. I miss the stepping but I'm a sheeple so anything different is worse at first. Once the brain pathways widen, it will be better.

I really like the idea of the 710 being perfectly ready at all times. It's one of the redeeming qualities of my E-Nano.

Thanks again for all the shepherding. :) I'm sure I'll have a few more questions and comments as the day goes on.

Thanks again.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The larger banger seems to waste a lot

With a proper cap, at the proper temps (especially with the pearls - btw how many you use is complete preference) there will be very little waste from a proper hit off an enail+banger.

Like others have said, I think a bubble cap (even a cheapo one, as long as it seals properly) will make the world of a difference for you.

Whether or not you prefer other means afterwards is another thing, but you definitely need the cap for a full experience imo.

Cheers and enjoy. "wasting" a lot trying to find your sweet spot is half the fun!

Kanna_Kult

So I forgot to q tip after I took a large dab and went to bed with the unit still on, and now it’s caked in reclaim, to the point the pearls are stuck so hard that hot ISO didn’t even make a dent. I soaked it for a day in iso and a day in DC clear. Nothing. I know it’s gonna Chaz the fuck up the SECOND I try to torch clean it... I tried scrubbing it off and that didn’t work either... I reallyyyy don’t wanna get a new banger yet and I can’t stand dabbing off of dirty surfaces it totally ruins the taste, anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the residue? It’s still somewhat sticky but it’s rock solid. I’m so pissed at myself, this is why dabbing and my sleeping pills don’t mix well haha

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Kanna_Kult go grab some simple green concentrate from the store and soak the banger in it for 4 to 6 hours on a candle/mug warmer. That should bring it back to new =)

You could also try setting the temp to 250 and pouring some distilled water into the banger and see if that breaks any of it up also

But the simple green tech is the best in my opinion =)

Let me know if you get it cleaned up or not

Shane

So I forgot to q tip after I took a large dab and went to bed with the unit still on, and now it’s caked in reclaim, to the point the pearls are stuck so hard that hot ISO didn’t even make a dent. I soaked it for a day in iso and a day in DC clear. Nothing. I know it’s gonna Chaz the fuck up the SECOND I try to torch clean it... I tried scrubbing it off and that didn’t work either... I reallyyyy don’t wanna get a new banger yet and I can’t stand dabbing off of dirty surfaces it totally ruins the taste, anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the residue? It’s still somewhat sticky but it’s rock solid. I’m so pissed at myself, this is why dabbing and my sleeping pills don’t mix well haha

I am glad you posted that. I was just about to ask about a technique issue I had but you answered it.

I wasn't cleaning after each dab and the shit was drying on there like iron. I ended up scraping it with a fucking chisel to get it off.

I ordered the ball cap from Shane so I'll be making another attempt in a few days.

Kanna_Kult

So all the had at the hardware store was the simple green HD, it’s purple, will that work? They didn’t have the regular concentrated version

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Kanna_Kult I have never tried the purple version. But I dont see any reason to not give it a try =)

Let us know how it goes and remember to add some heat if you can as that really helps speed things along and also helps with the tougher spots

I finally built 3 more Omron home brew controllers. These just need a case and are fully setup and ready to go, so you could use it without a shell if you were careful to not touch any of the wires to anything or get shocked. These come with some spare wire ends so you can shorten wires as needed for whatever you put them in.

They are complete with SSR and the rock solid Omron PID. I will post some pics tomorrow of one and if anyone is interested. I was going to sell them at 100.00 a piece =)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
So all the had at the hardware store was the simple green HD, it’s purple, will that work? They didn’t have the regular concentrated version

I might be careful with that one if I were you, just a quick look at SG's site it doesn't look like it's as nontoxic as the standard SG. Might be no issue, but I'd look into it more before I used it to be honest.

For cleaning, like Shane mentioned, Simple Green is an amazing product for cleaning. Adding heat to it definitely accelerates the process.

For me personally, I've found a combo of SG and baking soda to work best. But I also don't have the patience to wait for a nice, long, heated soak!

I typically put the banger in my container of SG, and put that container in a pot. I then pour boiling water in the pot around my SG container to heat it up. I let it soak for about 10 mins while I do something else.

I then take it out, and give a quick scrub with a Qtip. This gets 90% of everything off. I usually have a little ring around the banger where the top of the coil sits.

This is where I find the baking soda to be very effective. Put some baking soda in, a drop or two of water to make a paste, and then give a scrub with a qtip. This gets 99% of everything off.

It's amazing what comes off with SG and baking soda!

I usually have a couple porosity bubbles on the banger floor that remain slightly stained. They clean up with a longer/hotter soak, but I usually don't worry about them.

Hope that helps!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
i hear Dark Crystal glass cleaner is great

Perhaps, but it's way more expensive. And it has sugar in it, something about that just doesn't seem right to me. Not saying it doesn't work, just not the solution for me.

exmex

Perhaps, but it's way more expensive. And it has sugar in it, something about that just doesn't seem right to me. Not saying it doesn't work, just not the solution for me.
DC Glass Cleaner is awesome imo and works amazingly well as a soaker. Yeah its 4x more expensive then SG but it is reusable, plus a 950ml bottle (24$) lasts me a year and thats usually sharing some with a friend. I think thats pretty good and not too expensive since my gear gets ALOT of use and i do clean everything often hahaha.

DC glass cleaner ingredients:
Non-chlorinated Water, Karanja oil, Processed Coconut Extract, Processed Kelp Extract, and Processed Extract of Sugar Cane.

I dont think its straight up sugar but oh well if it is in my eyes. I really only use it as a soaker and after ill rinse with hot water and wipe it down with some 99%iso. But like u said its just not for u and thats fine.

Top Bottom