710 coils

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not as much as the WTF moment I just had accidentally cleaving the neck right off my flagship piece! :bang: I was cleaning it AND doing dishes at the same time and I had a small mason jar in one hand and the WT in the other and something happened in a split second :o:rolleyes:

Worst thing is that I have no more backups and my CCG piece is still on its way, and my sapphire dish is about to land in an hour. Off to the head shop! :D

I'll be picking up a TAG very soon :lol:

Good thing I don't have to worry about my 710Coils thick walled!!! :rockon:

:worms: fuckery! That's exactly what happened to my piece, took the neck clean off!

biohacker

What's all this about sapphire?

you spending this kind of money...? http://www.rubiesareforever.com/

Haha! Negative! This kind:

https://www.greekglassshop.com/category/gemstones

Poor man's gemstones for me! :D

Just got corrected about my thoughts on heat transfer through the air filled vs solid quartz and which should be 'better' for efficient heat up and cold start/drop-in tech as I poked through old Highly Educated posts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BclNi6egUMU/

When you're wrong, you're wrong! Sorry for the misworded posts and fake science

Thanks for posting that! Also great info from HE:

https://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blogs/information/study-quartz-insert-performance-opaque-vs-clear

SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
STUDY: QUARTZ INSERT PERFORMANCE OPAQUE VS CLEAR

Recently my old friend, Ewok, sent me some of his new @quartz_insert's to test out with our new Gavel. In preparation for the testing, I had two duplicate gavel nails made. One with our new opaque bottom, and the other with industry standard clear on bottom.

Study:

The clear quartz insert was placed inside both a 25mm gavel with an opaque quartz bottom, and a 25mm gavel with a clear fused quartz bottom. Both gavels were the subsequently hit with a full torch at the highest setting, at an equal flame distance and angle, for 65 seconds. The temperature of the quartz insert was monitored before, during, and after the torching via a high-temperature thermocouple data logger.

Items of note:

1. At the time of the TORCH STOP the insert in the opaque gavel was 568F. This was 85F hotter than the clear gavel which was 483F at TORCH STOP.
  2. The insert in the opaque gavel reached a temperature peak of 756F. This was 32F hotter than the inserts temperature peak in the clear gavel which was 724F.
  3. The insert in the opaque gavel took 2:13 to reach the WINDOW* from TORCH STOP. The insert in the clear gavel took 2:29 to reach the WINDOW* from TORCH STOP.
  4. The inserts WINDOW* (550F-400F) was open for 1:39 on the opaque gavel. The inserts WINDOW* was open for 1:42 on the clear gavel.
  5. The insert in the opaque gavel took 10:22 to reach 150F from INSERT PEAK. The insert in the clear gavel took 10:29 to reach 150F from INSERT PEAK.
Initial conclusion:

In practice the opaque performed in line with its higher thermal conductivity. The insert was not only able to get hotter faster inside the opaque [568F vs 483F at TORCH STOP], it was also able to reach the WINDOW at 10% faster [2:13 vs 2:29]. Potential downside to the opaque is the WINDOW lasts 3 seconds shorter in the opaque, but these 2-3 seconds only account for 2% of the 102 second WINDOW* opening.

*WINDOW: The window temperature is the range in temperatures for which the most pleasant vaporization experiences occur. It is an arbitrary number determined by the preferences of the individual but for this test it was decided that 550F - 400F would be our established WINDOW range.

Below is the chart produced by the thermocouple data logger.

quartzinsertstudy.jpg

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Just got corrected about my thoughts on heat transfer through the air filled vs solid quartz and which should be 'better' for efficient heat up and cold start/drop-in tech as I poked through old Highly Educated posts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BclNi6egUMU/

When you're wrong, you're wrong! Sorry for the misworded posts and fake science
This might not mean a thing, but I prefer the cavitation in the clear quartz to the opaque. Especially the second half as it's cooling. The opaque seems to get 'lazy' while the clear keeps the party rocking. I wish the video ran a little longer.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Okay you fuckers! I know it’s been so long that you’ve all either forgotten or just don’t care anymore, but
I finally remembered to get a photo of the Ninja shirt while it was actually on my back.

@biohacker wanted this pic, not sure why? But hey, when y’all want something, I’ll do my best if I can. You won’t see my mug but here’s a selfie* of the back. Señor Octopus is the main feature but it does have the origami logo on the left breast. Sorry my hair is partially covering the art, it’s been cold & windy** today and it stripped the curls right out. I’m due for a good-ish haircut so I’ll post a better pic afterwards. Can’t believe I’m caving to peer pressure in my old age... *sigh* :disgust:

2e1yjh1.jpg

*got my son to get the shot, so not really a selfie.
**nothing like Extreme Artic North America!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dude, I get compliments pretty much every time I wear it. Y’all, this shirt is special. This is not a cheaply made T-shirt. It’s so fucking comfortable, baby soft and just felt like a classic from day one, it screams premium quality. I’m glad it’s made so well and will last a long time. Could it possibly get even softer?! :brow:

I would definitely have to plump for the hoodie if it came in this Ninja format. The 710 logo on front is so cool, it’s just a wicked little design. Looks really nice in red with white outline against black. Shane, maybe think about a ninja hoodie option? And then send me one. :haw:

Next order y’all make, you should probably go ahead and grab one of these bad boys for yourself or your boo. Then post a picture of it here! Wear a hat, crop it tight, whatever feels right. Can you imagine how happy @biohacker will be?

biohacker

Can anyone confirm that an 18mm OD gemstone will work properly in a 710Coil banger? I know it will fit size wise, but fear problems with expansion due to the 2.5mm thick sidewalls. I've confirmed that it works with a standard 2mm sidewall, and that it won't work with a 3mm thick sidewall.

Is anyone rocking a precious gemstone insert in their 710Coils banger? 17mm OD gemstone works, but they are extremely difficult to find.

EDIT:

This is pretty awesome!

https://constantgems.com/collection...oducts/prestige-ruby-710-coils-quartz-package

Does anyone know the OD of that ruby? I assume it's 18mm? :)

Last edited:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Should have read your study before I ordered @biohacker. I like it.
and I love that video @SamuraiSam. Visually shows the differences.

I got me a 30mm opaque banger and I like it it is a fine piece. No problems with the ground joint whatsoever. Fits every good glass.
I only can compare to one other 25mm opaque bottom banger that is less thick than Shane's and no bevelled edge. Also the opaque is less bright somehow.
I am not very used to the torch and that was what I used, so all might change with a different better technique.

I find the @710Coils banger to be more efficient (bigger clouds) and with better taste than the smaller thinner one. It was also easier to hit the sweet spot. Might be more difficult to clean than clear quartz. But no big problem up to now.
And yeah it is definitely stronger than the very thin glass of my small beaker rig. You can feel the glass wobble when you sway the water around, lol. (I abstain from a cynical comment this time)

I did not get to use the quartz balls correctly yet, so no comment.

Edit: Just one thing, the bottom puck is more porous towards the edge than in the middle.
I do not know if it is a feature or a bug. Just an observation.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker as long as its under 19mm you should be fine

@Sick Vape When they make the opaque bangers. They heat polish the bottoms and sometimes the outside edge can be more porous than the inside. There is nothing wrong and it will work fine. When cleaning it should clean up fine and be ready to go =)

I have added more 30mm inserts in clear and opaque to the site incase anyone has been waiting for them =)

Also added more 30mm opaque 90 degree 10mm bangers

Hope everyone is having a great day

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

biohacker

I can confirm @biohacker ..i am using a 710banger for my constangems prestige insert without problem :)

Thanks brother, it makes sense if Constant is selling it with Shane's coils. I actually ordered a 19mm OD ruby so hoping that the 1mm clearance is enough (i'm sure it will be). I'll probably grab the prestige if I stumble across a coupon code like you did :D

Last edited:
Well, I just got my coil and I must say, so far, I hate this whole enail thing. LOL Not the coil itself or the controller. Just the whole enail thing. I'm hoping it's just a learning curve thing.

Big thanks to Shane for all the extras. The clip is an absolute must (IMO). Thanks again.

Also, kudos to Auber. The unit I received was damaged but the customer service is top notch. And, shipping was super fast.

OK.... first problem. I need a carb cap. That's easy enough. However, I can't leave it on the banger because the heat transfers to the cap and it burns my fingers. I'll work on that part.

However, I must be using it incorrectly. After it gets all heated up, I drop a dab into the banger and take my hit. However, when I am done taking the hit, the dab is still smoking. And, just wasting away into space. OK, smaller dabs. I tried that and it's still impossible to clear the banger in one hit. This might be where the pearls come in? I am imagining coating a pearl with rosin and dropping it in the banger. When I have all the hit I can take, I use tweezers to put the pearl out???? I can see the rosin dripping off right away.

I guess the learning curve is longer than I imagined. Is there a tutorial? LOL

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well, I just got my coil and I must say, so far, I hate this whole enail thing. LOL Not the coil itself or the controller. Just the whole enail thing. I'm hoping it's just a learning curve thing.

Big thanks to Shane for all the extras. The clip is an absolute must (IMO). Thanks again.

Also, kudos to Auber. The unit I received was damaged but the customer service is top notch. And, shipping was super fast.

OK.... first problem. I need a carb cap. That's easy enough. However, I can't leave it on the banger because the heat transfers to the cap and it burns my fingers. I'll work on that part.

However, I must be using it incorrectly. After it gets all heated up, I drop a dab into the banger and take my hit. However, when I am done taking the hit, the dab is still smoking. And, just wasting away into space. OK, smaller dabs. I tried that and it's still impossible to clear the banger in one hit. This might be where the pearls come in? I am imagining coating a pearl with rosin and dropping it in the banger. When I have all the hit I can take, I use tweezers to put the pearl out???? I can see the rosin dripping off right away.

I guess the learning curve is longer than I imagined. Is there a tutorial? LOL

If you don't have a carb cap you're never going to get a good hit, ever.
A glass carb cap on a quartz banger should never burn you, the top half of these bangers don't even hardly get hot when used with an e-nail.

Also no reason to finish a dab in one hit, take as much time as you need. That's one of the beautiful things about an e-nail versus a torched setup.

add1noob

Hey guys finally a 710coils boi! Quick Question do I need to take the coil off during coil down? and any other tips would be greatly appreciated want to make sure I dont break this thing.

Top Bottom