710 coils

LongDraw

So i just sent a message to mininail asking what watts their coils run, 100 or 150, or the same watts as their enail, 89. Will see what they say and post when/if i get an answer.

I figure if an adapter won't work because of the difference in the watts of the coils, maybe i'll just wait awhiile and then pick up the maxlife 710 enail in time.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Were these 710Coils bangers? Someone mentioned this in the last page and I asked the same question, as I feel it's pretty important.

Yep. Using a 710coils opaque bottom banger and coil since Sept. Thanks again for hooking me up @710Coils

I qtip after each dab also, usually 1side wet, 1 side dry. Still get build up of course... I cleaned mine fully for first time yesterday. Double boiler in a crock pot on low overnight in a bath of dark crystal got it sparkling like new again. Super minimal tech for the lazy

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But I'm sure the VRod coils are still available?

Shane, your spontaneous reaction has my whole understanding but does it really make sense not to offer the VRod coils anymore so long they are in stock? ;)

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Hogni I decided to pull the Vrod coils since there were issues with having to slightly spread the coil to fit better. I have been selling them at a discounted rate to the people that hit me up. So if anyone wants either a 3129 or 3169 in 110 or 220Volt and dont mind barely spreading the coil. Hit me up and I will take care of you while supplies last =)

I also wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for being soo supportive and offering ideas and help when ever possible. I can honestly say I would not be where I am right now if it wasn't for all of you. It really is humbling to know I have such a great base of customers that look out for me as if I was family.

I just really really appreciate all of you and cannot wait to grow my store and offer more great products at the best possible prices.

Thank you all and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and look forward to what 2019 holds =)

Your ever loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Hogni

Regarding "grow my store" what's coming next?

Only know about the tees, hoodies and pencil dabbers.

BTW I mean to remember the VRod coils also fit the showerhead. Is that right? I could need some spare coils and who knows perhaps I also give the VRod a try some time.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Hogni I got taller coils for the shower head if you can confirm 15.8 or 17mm. I can dig you some up and send them out =)

710Coils,

Hogni

Great, Shane, but I don't know. I would have to detach it. Does anyone know it without measuring?

Hogni,
Reactions: 710Coils

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
Okay, I just received my 25mm opaque bottom banger and axial coil! So excited to set up my first rig! But first...
I could swear I saw someone listing settings for the Auber RDK-300 with this coil (not temp, but settings necessary for it to actually function). What do I need to know?
Thanks in advance!

Housefudge,
Reactions: 710Coils

JCat

Accessory Maker
@biohacker ... no change necessary for 150w coils on the omron.

@LongDraw ... the mininail should support the 150w coil ... I doubt their relay is <1.5A so you should be good ... if you wanted to be 100% sure you would have to open the controller to verify that the relay is at least a 1.5A one ... although doubtful it’s less then 3A

Cost of parts would likely run $20-$30 USD ... or less if you didn’t mind waiting 1-2 months if I order parts from China.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey guys! I’ve got some Q’s and know many of y’all have the A’s from your vast experience. Thinking about this is premature until I can press rosin but you guys know how it is, the mind races ahead!

I understand correctly, the reason one would use an insert is for up-temp dabs.

First Qs: Is this correct? Or is their use also about keeping the banger cleaner, longer?

So if a lady/fellow had an opaque banger and wanted to try out inserts, would you suggest clear or opaque? I presume using an opaque insert with an opaque banger would simply increase the time for the dab to heat-up, which isn’t desirable? Or is that beneficial when doing up-temp dabs? I’m ignorant.

Next Q, inserts with slits or no slits? I see the slit faces the neck of the banger and the vapour travels through but is this better than a regular insert where the vapour exits the top and through to the neck?

Final Q: in practical use day-to-day, do you use inserts or just rotate a couple of bangers?

Thank you for playing along at home. Join me next week on Dabbing for Dummies!

Last edited:

anda1anda2

Okay, I just received my 25mm opaque bottom banger and axial coil! So excited to set up my first rig! But first...
I could swear I saw someone listing settings for the Auber RDK-300 with this coil (not temp, but settings necessary for it to actually function). What do I need to know?
Thanks in advance!
Hmm. I just bought the same setup and all I did was plug it in and set the temp. It definitely works out of the box. But now I am curious if it ahould have any setting adjustment? :sherlock:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks in advance!
The Auber supplementary manual mentions adjusting 'oth' percentage when using coils of different power. Eg setting 67 for a 150w coil
This setting essentially reduces the power to the coil and 67% gives you the equivalent of a 100w instead of 150
Personally, after testing back and forth with my showerhead and the 710 coil, I set mine back to 100% which gives me slightly faster heatup and smaller temp drops during a hit. Same with the axial coils too

I also have set P to 80 at the moment, which seems to reduce the drop a little more as the unit applies slightly more power as the temp drop occurs. But I found reducing it too far introduced temperature swings.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I’ve found my 710 coils axial temperature actually matches that of the bottom of the banger within a few degrees, so no PSL or offset required :)
I don't think it matters ... if the controller is set to a 0 offset or PSL (depending what type of setting it has) then what is on the display is what is being recorded by the thermocouple.

When I do a check of the base temp of the opaque banger ... (with an IR gun), I'm getting a temp reading on the IR gun the same as my display. ie. I have good contact between the bottom of the coil and the bottom of my banger since the 2 temps are virtually identical.

biohacker

I understand correctly, the reason one would use an insert is for up-temp dabs.

First Qs: Is this correct? Or is their use also about keeping the banger cleaner, longer?

Insert drops are the only way I play! I just find it so much smoother, tastier, and I get stronger effects I think from better absorption. It definitely keeps maintenance a breeze, and I find it's easier to keep those little opaque inserts cleaner than the opaque banger for some reason.

So if a lady/fellow had an opaque banger and wanted to try out inserts, would you suggest clear or opaque? I presume using an opaque insert with an opaque banger would simply increase the time for the dab to heat-up, which isn’t desirable? Or is that beneficial when doing up-temp dabs? I’m ignorant.

I only use opaque on opaque and love it! I only torch (for now), and after a minute blast from my blazer big shot, after I drop it only takes about 5-10s or so to start boiling and pumping vapour! The inserts are so reasonably priced, that you can just grab one of each and experiment for yourself, but I love my opaque!

Next Q, inserts with slits or no slits? I see the slit faces the neck of the banger and the vapour travels through but is this better than a regular insert where the vapour exits the top and through to the neck?

I just asked this question a page or so back and it got buried. I'm about to pick up a slitted opaque myself to compare. I think it prevents oil from creeping up?

Final Q: in practical use day-to-day, do you use inserts or just rotate a couple of bangers?

Inserts exclusively, and I only have my one 30mm opaque and 2 opaque inserts and am a neat freak and everything stays pretty close to crystal clear 95% of the time.

Another benefit for me personally with using inserts has been way easier accountability for weighing up my dabs. Super easy to toss the insert (with or without pearl(s)) on the scale, tare, load, weigh, and go!

Hope that helps with some of your questions!

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thanks @biohacker that’s exactly what I was looking for and you know I value your opinion on these matters. While I’ll only be using an axial coil, I wanna trial your opaque on opaque tech for sure! :tup:

I’m sure it’s going to slow down around here but maybe I’ll get other perspectives in the coming days as people need to step away from the festivities to avoid strangling the fuck out of a relative. :ko: LOLZ!

I’m a bit disturbed Shane hasn’t been round to spread some holiday cheer and perhaps even provide us with a link to a video of him reading the classic, “Twas the Night Before Christmas” to bring us Xmas Joy. I had high(:brow:) hopes that it might become an annual 710Coils tradition for his loyal coil & quartz customers. Maybe next year... :razz:

710Coils

Manufacturer
HoHoHo,

I am around. Just recovering from the move =) -My wife has had me busy moving stuff and shopping for things we need for the new digs. Its looking like today might be a day for relaxing and lots of dabs =)

Its a beautiful day here and I am gonna go for a walk!!! Take in some of this wondrous day and decide what to make for dinner

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday time and try to take a moment to do something nice for someone. Tell them to have a nice day. Or maybe give a few bucks to a homeless person. Just something. It will make you feel good deep down inside =)

Would not be where I am without all of you

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

Top Bottom