710 coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@JCat I personally never turn my coil up beyond 650. I also do not use clean modes or anything like that. I soak my dirty bangers in simple green on a candle warmer over night. They come out like new and are ready to go. I would recommend getting a second banger so you can always have a clean one ready to go and not need to high tempo clean your bangers

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane

710Coils

Manufacturer
I almost forgot to post updates!!!!

Shirts and hoodies are due this week
Tommy Tubez dab pencils will be on the site for sale this weekend
Got a full stock of coils, so come and get em while they last =)

Lastly I have been moving this week and will be a little late to responding at times due to this

Gotta love how moving kicks your ass =P

Shane

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
I'd much prefer something more like this, where the iso "dip tube" is in the middle, with the q-tips around it:

1zgvu4n.jpg

k13lgl.png
Where can I find one of these?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Just a heads up to those with a Quartz Pi bubble cap, but cleaning in an ultrasonic cleaner will remove the gold Quartz Pi logo.

One 3 minute cycle with the cap in a baggie of Simple Green Crystal, sitting in a hot water bath took off 30-40% of the logo.

On a side note, Simple Green Crystal in a warm water bath in an ultrasonic cleaner is definitely my new preferred cleaning method! Gunk just melts off everything!

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
Not the gold logo!!! I recently rubbed mine off from cleaning and just figured it was me being too rough with my toys =P

@Housefudge The ISO Qtip containers are from Mitoa glass I got one for about 100.00 and they are pretty sweet

also the difference between the 25 and the 30mm come down to how big of dabs you like to possibly do and what size glass piece will you be adding it to. I am a gluttonous dabber and prefer the 30mm opaque. But a few of my smaller rigs only play nice with the 25mm. So depending on whats in play will determine what size I am using. =)

I personally love being able to feed a decent size dab into the 30 and it look small once its spread around =P

biohacker

what's the difference between a 25mm banger and a 30mm performance wise?

This might be the most common question asked in this thread. Shane summed it up nicely as usual, but if you search you'll find many more opinions and theories on it. I know i've asked this question before!

Also consider if you will be using inserts!

Last edited:

SilentJ

I can definitely second how important it is to have the coil secured to the banger and being careful with self cleaning modes. Sadly I’ve had another banger bite the dust yesterday after a day of use. From the looks of it the coil wasn’t secured to the banger and contracted after a cleaning round and shattered the banger. Thankfully I have a second but will most likely avoid self clean modes from now on.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
I can definitely second how important it is to have the coil secured to the banger and being careful with self cleaning modes. Sadly I’ve had another banger bite the dust yesterday after a day of use. From the looks of it the coil wasn’t secured to the banger and contracted after a cleaning round and shattered the banger. Thankfully I have a second but will most likely avoid self clean modes from now on.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can't tell if your coil is axial or barrel, if it's not an axial just ignore this.

After looking at the picture in your previous post, it looks like clip placement could be part of the issue. I have mine closer to the banger than the stem and get very good contact between the coil and banger. @710Coils can probably comment on if that would be an issue or not. Cheers

20b02ly.png

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Good lord what temp are you guys dabbing at?

I feel like my banger is dirty when it has a little black ring around the bottom lol.

If you are actually curious I mentioned I'm running only rosin through at a temp of 500-520 a few posts back. Thanks for your constructive feedback? I'm new to this and there is probably quite a bit I am missing, learning is why I'm here. Seeing as how your post gained multiple likes and mine none it seems your post is the type desired on this site so maybe I shouldn't have offered my advice? :shrug:

biohacker

If you are actually curious I mentioned I'm running only rosin through at a temp of 500-520 a few posts back. Thanks for your constructive feedback? I'm new to this and there is probably quite a bit I am missing, learning is why I'm here. Seeing as how your post gained multiple likes and mine none it seems your post is the type desired on this site so maybe I shouldn't have offered my advice? :shrug:

I think you misconstrued dude, those bangers do look disgusting...Inverted was just joking around, try not to take things so personally... we're all here to help, especially in this thread!

Rosin explains it all! :lol:

JCat

Accessory Maker
It is a very good example of how to properly connect your banger .... but unbelievable how dirty your banger is :) I don't think @invertedisdead meant any offense by it ... (I'm obsessive about keeping things clean too ... so I also hadn't liked your post simply because of the state of the banger! That being said, it is a perfect example of how to properly connect the coil so I reconsidered! :lol: )

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Lower temps with multiple qtips swabbing clean (dry swab, both ends, toss qtip. wet swab, both ends, toss.) will keep that banger squeeky clean, you should probably only need to do a deep clean simple green soak once a week unless you're a real stickler for spotless quartz. I generally have some minor staining on my bangers after a weeks use but the floors typically spotless. I posted some pictures of my bangers (torch use, not coil, yet) earlier in the thread for a visual of a "dirty" banger that's been cleaned through the week using the multiple qtip swabs.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

That's the FC rosin team that liked my post, like the homie @biohacker said it's nothing personal, I think the "like" just means they agree that something may be off in your setup, as quite a few of us are hitting mostly rosin in our bangers.

Here's mine.

HSDQ8zI.jpg

Your temperatures don't sound too high but it depends on what controller you are using? If it's a Pelinail or Max Vapor the temperature is already compensated for heat loss between the coil and the banger.

Do you press your own rosin? If so, do you bag it? I like to use a 50u bag from Dabpress for flower rosin.

I try to not even touch the sidewalls when I hit Quartz. I like to touch my Dabber to the floor of the banger, right in the middle. If the concentrate is melting off too slow it probably means I used the wrong Dabber for that consistency, but sometimes I will touch the Dabber against the sidewall, as low as I can get the tool in to melt stubborn dabs off. Basically the more you can prevent oil from getting on the sides, the less you should have to clean.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Thanks for the feedback @psychonaut @JCat @biohacker @invertedisdead (sorry, thought you were just having a laugh.) I didn't know I was running so dirty, going to look back through the recommended cleaning and get this banger looking more presentable. I'll eventually take Shane's advice and get a second banger to swap for soaking since that's my preferred cleaning method overall.

Edit
"I try to not even touch the sidewalls when I hit Quartz." This is probably my issue.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Lower temps with multiple qtips swabbing clean (dry swab, both ends, toss qtip. wet swab, both ends, toss.) will keep that banger squeeky clean, you should probably only need to do a deep clean simple green soak once a week unless you're a real stickler for spotless quartz. I generally have some minor staining on my bangers after a weeks use but the floors typically spotless. I posted some pictures of my bangers (torch use, not coil, yet) earlier in the thread for a visual of a "dirty" banger that's been cleaned through the week using the multiple qtip swabs.
Do you wet swab when it's hot? I figure this should theoretically be fine but I'm scared! :lol:

I figure there shouldn't be any issues using a damp q-tip at 470F (my finish temp), however, like I said ... I 'm afraid to attempt; need some reassurance from others braver than I!

I've been running my dabs @ a start temp of 490F using a down-temp to 470F (with a script); after I'm done my 2 hits, it drops the temp again to 250F (essentially turning it off) for 3 min. to allow me to clean up best I can. I haven't been using wet q-tips though ... but I am dumping my pearls out @ 460-470 into a small 10mL container of 99% ISO (and they come out spotless and are still unblemished ... I rinse them off after in distilled ...)

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I didn't know I was running so dirty, going to look back through the recommended cleaning and get this banger looking more presentable.

Edit
"I try to not even touch the sidewalls when I hit Quartz." This is probably my issue.
Its not really that your banger needs to be presentable. This crowd is not as concerned with y/our looks as much as y/our health and flavor chasing. Keeping your nail clean is part of a ritual that allows us to complete a dab and ready ourselves for the next. Its a ritual that cleans the palate of your banger so that each dab tastes like the first.

A lot of dabbers on YouTube and Instagram will press their dab against the sidewall and let it drip down for a visual effect. Its kind of wasteful in that this method does not always allow all the concentrate to make it to the floor and after multiple dabs will create rings of build up on the walls of your banger. I like to drop my dab on my pearls typically.

@JCat I do wet swab after each hit. I have wet swabbed at up to 600F on Shanes opaque bottom quartz bangers.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I was just giggling inside because I felt like nearly everyone in here is more
into low temp dabbing than on the hotter side and pretty sensitive about keeping their stuff in clean condition
bcs thats also a major part of keeping good taste...seeing those 2 bangers was just like someone did a
red-hot smokeout :D :D :D

rly no offense whatsoever intended :)

edit.
i am also pretty anal about keeping the stuff clean :D :p

JCat

Accessory Maker
@JCat I do wet swab after each hit. I have wet swabbed at up to 600F on Shanes opaque bottom quartz bangers.
Thanks! That's helpful ... I felt this should be safe, and that ultimately makes these 710 bangers as maintainable for throughout the day use as the SiC halo.

Good quality fused quartz should withstand temp swings in excess of 700F without issue ... but one thing in theory and another in practice often ...

biohacker

Thanks! That's helpful ... I felt this should be safe, and that ultimately makes these 710 bangers as maintainable for throughout the day use as the SiC halo.

Just my :2c: (and someone else's earlier in the thread) but I have personally found wet qtips to be useless in the opaque at dabbing temps. Haven't tried 200-300f, but i'd imagine that would work great. I just find it's way too hot, and have come pretty close to a steam burn! :lol:

I only use a dry q-tip, but I also don't dab rosin. Like @invertedisdead my opaque rarely has more than perhaps a half moon ring on the edge. And that's taken care of with a short torch blast when desired.

This has been the easiest setup i've ever had to maintain. ISO isn't even needed for the glass anymore! :D

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I only use wet Qtips at this point, immediately after I finish the dab. Gets a nice steam clean, mopping up effect that cleans far better than just a dry Qtip.

I use the wet Qtips with my ruby pearls in the banger too. That small amount of water isn't enough of a temperature shock to cause an issue.

@biohacker curious why you find them useless?

The steam can get your finger tips a little toasty if you're not careful, but never anything serious.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I only use wet Qtips at this point, immediately after I finish the dab. Gets a nice steam clean, mopping up effect that cleans far better than just a dry Qtip.

I use the wet Qtips with my ruby pearls in the banger too. That small amount of water isn't enough of a temperature shock to cause an issue.

@biohacker curious why you find them useless?

The steam can get your finger tips a little toasty if you're not careful, but never anything serious.
Do you use wet q-tips or damp q-tips :)

Top Bottom