710 coils

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Good to hear! But there seems to be more way downwards. Some are at 475-500F with a setup like yours.

BTW, Shane, wouldn't it make sense to put a chart with recommended temps for different setups at your site? Banger/coil/+/- which insert/+/- how much pearls under the condition of an optimal fit of the coil?
For sure everyone has his own likings and needs but that would be a good point of orientation before people start at 650F.

Last edited:

sarkunit

Good to hear! But there seems to be more way downwards. Some are at 475-500F with a setup like yours.

BTW, Shane, wouldn't it make sense to put a chart with recommended temps for different setups at your site? Banger/coil/+/- which insert/+/- how much pearls under the condition of an optimal fit of the coil?
For sure everyone has his own likings and needs but that would be a good point of orientation before people start at 650F.
I hit it at 480, but I like the vapor density at 520 better. It also takes a bit too long to finish for me at 480, and the multiple hits are harsher than one larger hit. I am always playing with it though, and I am not sure I have anything left to dial in?

710Coils

Manufacturer
I think of temp as something like a campfire. We all might put our food in different spots for different reasons. But in the end we all get our food cooked the way we prefer (Hopefully) So some like it a little on the warmer side for faster results where others like that slow and low. The temp range we toss around is also determined by what you are dabbing. Wax and other materials prefer a little less heat. Where THCA likes a little more heat.

Here are the main things that will determine the best temps per person

Dab rig you are using and how much air or agitation it does. Less agitation and airflow can help increase the flavor and vapor production and also help to lower your temps

Carb cap you are using. How restrictive or non restrictive is it. More restriction means lower temps and thicker vapor production (typically)

Type of dabs.
Wax, Shatter, Sugar, THCA. Wax and lighter type dabs will vaporize faster at lower temps than THCA and Sugar will. So depending on the dab. The temp can make or break the flavor

Type of banger you are using. 25 or 30 and clear or opaque. The 30mm opaque will always vaporize more material at a lower temp than the 25 since it has the extra surface area. But can be too much for some that want a bit less vapor production when dabbing. The clear bangers also work great and are much better at handling messy dab material. They just dont always bring the flavor out as much as the opaque can. But it is also very dependent on the type of dab material being used

Fit of the coil. This is beyond critical as the looser the coil to the banger is. The harder it is to get those lower temps that we all see people calling out.

Type of controller used. All controllers are not created equal. Some will run a bit higher than others and it goes back to preference. What temp tastes and feels the best. You dont want hot irritating dabs and so it comes down to what temp works the best for your controller.

I know this is a lot of my opinion. But I have tried to temper it with as neutral of a view as possible =)

Hope everyone is starting 2019 off with a BANG!!!

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane

sarkunit

Ok, I am experimenting with 500, which is very nice on the lungs. I think I actually miss the asphyxiation high and that is why I keep bumping the temp to 530! I will try this for a few days and see if I can get used to the style of medicated state. It feels more buzy than sedating right now, and maybe that's good too.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think of temp as something like a campfire. We all might put our food in different spots for different reasons. But in the end we all get our food cooked the way we prefer (Hopefully) So some like it a little on the warmer side for faster results where others like that slow and low. The temp range we toss around is also determined by what you are dabbing. Wax and other materials prefer a little less heat. Where THCA likes a little more heat.

Here are the main things that will determine the best temps per person

Dab rig you are using and how much air or agitation it does. Less agitation and airflow can help increase the flavor and vapor production and also help to lower your temps

Carb cap you are using. How restrictive or non restrictive is it. More restriction means lower temps and thicker vapor production (typically)

Type of dabs.
Wax, Shatter, Sugar, THCA. Wax and lighter type dabs will vaporize faster at lower temps than THCA and Sugar will. So depending on the dab. The temp can make or break the flavor

Type of banger you are using. 25 or 30 and clear or opaque. The 30mm opaque will always vaporize more material at a lower temp than the 25 since it has the extra surface area. But can be too much for some that want a bit less vapor production when dabbing. The clear bangers also work great and are much better at handling messy dab material. They just dont always bring the flavor out as much as the opaque can. But it is also very dependent on the type of dab material being used

Fit of the coil. This is beyond critical as the looser the coil to the banger is. The harder it is to get those lower temps that we all see people calling out.

Type of controller used. All controllers are not created equal. Some will run a bit higher than others and it goes back to preference. What temp tastes and feels the best. You dont want hot irritating dabs and so it comes down to what temp works the best for your controller.

I know this is a lot of my opinion. But I have tried to temper it with as neutral of a view as possible =)

Hope everyone is starting 2019 off with a BANG!!!

Your loyal coil and quartz monger

Shane
Great post!

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Ok, I am experimenting with 500, which is very nice on the lungs. I think I actually miss the asphyxiation high and that is why I keep bumping the temp to 530! I will try this for a few days and see if I can get used to the style of medicated state. It feels more buzy than sedating right now, and maybe that's good too.

I'm right there with you man! I find that when i'm around 500 or sub-500 temps the vapor density is a little too low for me. I also find that the effects do not last as long, and i'm quickly back to my setup preparing another session. I'm constantly coming back to 530-540, think i might settle somewhere in that temperature range.

There's something very reinforcing about that asphyxiation high you mentioned.

biohacker

@biohacker check jewellery-making and bead-work crafty shops/sites, they should have reverse tweezers with lil’ ends to hold/grasp polished stone. I can see a pair of those being handy for inserts, especially.

Thanks for looking out for me, but I found the mother load on DhGate! I just thought it would have been a good idea for Shane's store, but realize he already has 1001 things on his list! :lol:

buckhakeesah

Life with 710coils just gets better and better. I've gotten pretty good at chasing puddles. This thing can go on and on, once you get it down. With my 25mm opaque banger on the axial coil using with opaque inserts drop tech, I'm at 640ish on the MaxVapor. Wipes up easily making cleaning and re-using of inserts a lot easier than first thought. Thanks for your generosity and showing me the light Shane.

Last edited:

sarkunit

Ok, I made sure to sweep the quartz pi cap all the way out so that I was blowing right against the wall/floor interface while hitting my piece. I used one of the large beads. Doing this I got full choking clouds at 500. Hogni was right, I was technique deficient. Thanks for calling me on that! Does anyone else have any gear specific tips (i.e. things that relate to either the coil, 30mm opaque, or q-p cap) on getting it really milky at sub 500 temps? The flavors was so spot on, and never turned to that reclaim taste, so I would love to see how low I can go while retaining an dense vapor cloud.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@biohacker I have had others tell me they preferred the thinner bottom of the clear as it heats up faster than the opaque.

@sarkunit It sounds like your on point with your temp range. You could probably go lower and still get good vaporization. I run my 30mm opaque anywhere from 460 to 490. Depending on what I am dabbing and such

I posted a few Chartreuse 25 and 30mm ball caps to my site. Its a honey looking color and just POPS!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!!!!

Shane

710Coils

Manufacturer
I haven't done a ton of testing. But found them to work good. They dont really spin as much as you would think, but do act like a giant opaque marble and any dab that splashes on them gets vaporized =)

More testing is needed though and hopefully today I will have some time for testing =P

Top Bottom