Zephyr Ion

Beezleb

Hey Bruce,

Is their a schedule of events or any place where Zyphyr would have a booth?

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Beezleb said:
Hey Bruce,

Is their a schedule of events or any place where Zyphyr would have a booth?
Most of the events we are attending can be found on our facebook page,.. not profile but page, we have both.
Bruce

Bruce@Zephyr,

Cappella Sistina

Pretty much everyone who is into vaporizing, or anyone who knows even a little bit about vapes, knows that the Volcano is the #1 undisputed champion in it's division.

That was until recently, with the release of the Zephyr.

For a long time now, no other company has been able to come close to the overall peformance of the Cano. Many companies have chose to operate, and produce a product which fills a certain "niche" or pricing point. Which is fine, and not to say that those respected product's are not made of quality, and worth every penny at their respected price point. It's just that within the high-end( Production quality,and dollar wise)...there was no competition. When there is no competition...it allows for a company/product to dictate thier respected market. No need to be competitive on pricing because...no competition. No need to advance a product, or try new things...with no competition. I personally feel the release of the Zephyr, is going to be good across the board. Side by side with the Cano...this vape, hold's it own on every level, all the way down to the packaging/presentation. Plus it is at a MUCH lower pricing point than the Cano.

I hope ya make it Bruce, and have great success with this product. Competition is good for any market, and I truly feel the Zephyr might finally provide just that, to the Cano line.

Competition, is great for us all on a consumer level as well...as it forces companies to shake up pricing and adapt.

For patient's, I am excited to this product introduced to the market. There is no reason a patient shouldn't be able to have access to high quality delivery systems(should they want/need one)....with out having to shell out what is equal to some people's mortage payment.

Cappella Sistina,

lwien

Cappella Sistina said:
For a long time now, no other company has been able to come close to the overall peformance of the Cano.
Based on what criteria? Define "performance" please.

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

Time to inflate bags.
Durability
Noise Levels
Time to reach optimum heating temp
Ease of use
Options for delivery

Please do not ask me to compare teflon densities with those of other vaporizers. Or ask me to examine how using a vaporizer, will decrease our carbon foot print, or how that carbon footprint can be directly related to the type of teflon used while trying to achieve time travel.

I am just using layman terms here. :-)

Cappella Sistina,

lwien

Capella, there are vapes that are more durable being that they don't have any pumps or moving parts.
There are vapes that are quieter being that they don't have any pumps or moving parts.
There are vapes that reach their operating temps faster.
There are vapes that have more options for delivery.

The 'Cano is a great vape, but by no means is it the pinnacle of overall performance, as you have stated above. Is it the best vape for bag delivery? In my opinion, yes, but that does not make it the best vape. Not by a long shot.

When you say that, "no other company has been able to come close to the overall peformance of the Cano.', is in fact, a false statement without further qualifying what you mean by performance, and by the qualifications that you have stated above, it falls short.

lwien,
Reactions: Mrmrmrmr

Cappella Sistina

Lwien, I'm not knocking any other vape's out there. Truly, I am not.

However, i.m.o....this does and will compete with the Cano. In a way that, other have not been able to. Im basing this from a broader perspective, beyond this board. Also I bet Storz and Bickel, will be taking notice....if they hav'nt yet.

Perhap's I should have stated, that the percieved views of the Cano, by the general, casual vape user...are definetly close to what I described. Yes, for the most part users on this site are VERY knowledgeable about a wide array of vaporizers. But, fact is (and you cant deny) that there is a large number of people out there(and outside of this board), who also think the Easy Vape is a great quality unit.

Is there another Vaporizer above the $350.00 threshold, that actually commands that kind of price tag? (Lwien....im not trying to start anything, or being sarcastic here...so please do not take offense to any of this)

Sure, there are certain vape's(based on design) that have better points than others...I was merely talking over all, and trying to compare apples to apples. You cant honestly compare noise level of a machine like this to the Launch Box. Or the time it take to produce vape, to a flame powered unit etc etc.

Also other than bag, or whip(when talking non portable vapes)...what other way's are there to deliver? Honestly, I dont know..and am asking because you stated
lwien said:
There are vapes that have more options for delivery.
Edit: Like I said, im just using layman terms. Im not a technician, I dont work for a vape factory..and far from a technical guru of any sorts.

Cappella Sistina,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Capella...welcome to the forum!

The only statement I would draw attention to is the delivery options. The cano is just a bag blower. That fishbowl attachment doesn't produce true whip hits.

I agree that competition is good. There is currently plenty of competition in the vape market, but not much directed at the cano, except inasmuch that any vape is competing with the cano since it was the first popular option and the only good one for a while. What I like about the Ion, and what I think puts it in the cano's ballpark, is the valve system. Finally, someone came up with a valve system to compete with the cano's!

Oh, and I love me some lwien, but just know that he will keep it going as long as you want!

stickstones,
Reactions: Mrmrmrmr

lwien

Cappella Sistina said:
Also other than bag, or whip(when talking non portable vapes)...what other way's are there to deliver?
Direct draw vapes like the Purple Days and the MyrtleZap. No bags or long whips. Just a very short stem.

Oh, and welcome aboard. Rude of me not to do that first. I apologize.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
There is also direct heat vapes such as Vriptech Heat Wand and the Herborizer. All glass vapor path.

DevoTheStrange,

wthanna

..and don't forget the fan assisted whip hits you can get from vaporizers like the Extreme Vaporizer.

wthanna,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
wthanna said:
..and don't forget the fan assisted whip hits you can get from vaporizers like the Extreme Vaporizer.
and the Zephyr Ion ;)
well,... in February

Bruce@Zephyr,

Ash

vaporist
stickstones said:
Oh, and I love me some lwien, but just know that he will keep it going as long as you want!
This gets my vote for best line of 2010. :lol:

Ash,

stinkmeaner

stickstones said:
What I like about the Ion, and what I think puts it in the cano's ballpark, is the valve system. Finally, someone came up with a valve system to compete with the cano's!
I like that also sickstones, and the fact that it doesn't have the glass bowl like the Extreme so I can leave it around my idiot freinds and not worry about it getting broken. I hope to get to try the Zephyr since I am about to try a Extreme Q in about a week or so, I like that Zephyr decided to use a pump like the Volcano instead of the computer fan like the Extreme. Just from looking at pictures of the Zephyr it seems sturdier than the Extreme, but I can not say for sure because I have only seen the Extreme in person. Zephyr almost seems like a Herbal Aire with an internal pump and digital display which is a good thing because the Herbal Aire is bullet proof.

@ bruce. Don't take offense to this but if you made the display on the Zephyr look more modern or contemporary it might get more attention, like the Extreme Q's LCD layout and buttons that look like a modern alarm clock and the Volcano Digit which has a less serious more freindly but also attractive look.
I know it's hard to change midstream but all my freinds agree that the Q has it in the modern looks catagory. One thing you could do is change that aluminim finish plate around the LCD for a more modern one with color like on the Volcano Digit.

One thing I have to give Zephyr props for is taking the time to design a new product with their own valves. bowls, packaging, etc. it seemed for a while there all of the vapes coming out looked like they were designed in their mom's basement like the majority of the whip vapes.

stinkmeaner,

Konrad_Zuse

I hope to try one of these in the near future, even though I already have an extreme, I might make another purchase if I like it.

Cappella Sistina welcome to the forums, and I would like to say that here there are a lot of serious vapists, and you are like what I am trying to get out of, posting opinion as facts, and all that stuff. Yes the cano is a good vaporizer, and does bags great, but it is an expensive piece of equipment and there are bag/dual vapes out there that do just as good of a job. Each vape is unique to what it's best at, and remember THERE IS NO BEST VAPE :).

A question that I'm not sure was addressed, but what is the range of temps the Zephyr has? Also I noticed it is in Degrees Fahrenheit, does it convert to celcius too? Also is there a timer like on the extreme? If you forgot to turn it off, how long can this thing stay on for? Also what are the warranty/return policies for the Zephyr?

Konrad_Zuse,

lwien

Konrad_Zuse said:
A question that I'm not sure was addressed, but what is the range of temps the Zephyr has? Also I noticed it is in Degrees Fahrenheit, does it convert to celcius too? Also is there a timer like on the extreme? If you forgot to turn it off, how long can this thing stay on for? Also what are the warranty/return policies for the Zephyr?
Some of the answers to your questions can be found here: http://zephyrvaporizers.com/

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

lwien said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
Some of the answers to your questions can be found here: http://zephyrvaporizers.com/
haha thanks man, I guess I'm too vaked to realize that stuff right now haha :).

Konrad_Zuse,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Konrad_Zuse said:
lwien said:
Thank you lwein, I kinda figure since this thread is for Zephyr Ion, I will go ahead and address these questions

Temperature range 100F-440F / 37C-225C (Yes it does both Degrees Fahrenheit & Celsius)

There is a self shutoff timer that can be set from 30 minutes to 2 hours

If you forget to turn it off it will turn itself off 30 minutes to 2 hours from the last time a button was pressed depending on what you have the auto shutoff set to.

Warranty/Return policy is 2 years for manufacturers defects, parts and labor.
( No fair if you try and play catch with your ION, or try and run it through the dishwasher)

Bruce@Zephyr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bruce,
The Ion is the only vape I could find on your site. Haven't you guys made vapes before, and are they available?

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
Bruce,
The Ion is the only vape I could find on your site. Haven't you guys made vapes before, and are they available?
The Ion is our first vape, but we have plans in the works to create more as we move along.

Bruce@Zephyr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks. I look forward to your first defective unit claim. My favorite companies to deal with are the ones that shine in customer service. The ones that I've dealt with that do it very well are Arizer, MagicFlight and Purple-Days. There are others reported to be good that I haven't dealt with yet, as well.

Based on your presence here, I assume we will hear good things about you guys in this department. You just need to hurry up and screw up first! ;)

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
Thanks. I look forward to your first defective unit claim. My favorite companies to deal with are the ones that shine in customer service. The ones that I've dealt with that do it very well are Arizer, MagicFlight and Purple-Days. There are others reported to be good that I haven't dealt with yet, as well.

Based on your presence here, I assume we will hear good things about you guys in this department. You just need to hurry up and screw up first! ;)
Hate to admit it, but, we have had a couple defects. someone posted their experience on this very thread (post 60)

We do try and take care of any problems as quick as possible. Hopefully nobody else will get a defect, but if they do, we will take care of it.

What, as consumers, would you say is an "acceptable" defect rate on a new product with new electronic?

Bruce@Zephyr,

lwien

Bruce@Zephyr said:
What, as consumers, would you say is an "acceptable" defect rate on a new product with new electronic?
As consumers, I don't believe that we really care if a product is new or is manufactured with new electronics, so I don't think a qualification is needed when talking about acceptable defect rates from a consumers pov.

So...............2 to 3% within the warranty period.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
As consumers, I don't believe that we really care if a product is new or is manufactured with new electronics, so I don't think a qualification is needed when talking about acceptable defect rates from a consumers pov.

So...............2 to 3% within the warranty period.
That is good to hear, we fall right around 2% right now and totally take care of any issues asap.

The way I feel about any defects is "BAD BAD NO DEFECT BAD GO TO YOUR ROOM", but it is gonna happen. I believe that when an unexpected problem arises, the way it gets dealt with is a big reflection on the company itself. A negative can be turned into a positive if it is taken care of properly and quickly or it can showcase major flaws with a company. I go for the former.

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom