Zephyr Ion

kelsec

tophfisher said:
I have a stupid question,

I'm a Zephyr owner and am quite happy, I think I bought mine before the whip add-on was available, I'd love to get one.

But that's not my question, with the bag, how long can a bag stay "effective". Is there a limited amount of time, and if so, what is it?

Thanks so much, I recommend the Zephyr Ion to everyone I know who's in the market!
-Chris
Out of curiosity, why would you like a whip? What disadvantages are there to using bags?

I recently purchased a DBV and I since I am very pleased with vaporizing, I'd also like a bag vape. I am definitely considering a Zephyr.. but I would still like to learn a bit more.

kelsec,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
Hey tophfisher, I have a zephyr ion that i love, too.
So I thought i'd throw in my experience. got mine for christmas and just changed the bag this week for looks and fun. I would say I am an extra heavy user and commercial mexican makes for a sticky bag, but it never became inoperable. It just stuck together and made popping noises as it filled pulling the bag into shape. so I would say depending on your use it is everlasting....like the gobstopper....fancy !:/

Clever User name,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
kelsec said:
tophfisher said:
I have a stupid question,

I'm a Zephyr owner and am quite happy, I think I bought mine before the whip add-on was available, I'd love to get one.

But that's not my question, with the bag, how long can a bag stay "effective". Is there a limited amount of time, and if so, what is it?

Thanks so much, I recommend the Zephyr Ion to everyone I know who's in the market!
-Chris
Out of curiosity, why would you like a whip? What disadvantages are there to using bags?

I recently purchased a DBV and I since I am very pleased with vaporizing, I'd also like a bag vape. I am definitely considering a Zephyr.. but I would still like to learn a bit more.
Kelsec. You would like to learn a bit more? I would be happy to pass along anything I know but you gotta help a little by asking questions. I tend to get vaked and give longer answers than folks may enjoy reading.

The whip add-on,... shoot me an email bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com and I will take care of your new whip. Since we did not include the whip when we sent the first units out, anyone who has already purchased an ION can get the retrograde for free.

The bag,.... The bag will stay "effective" till it gets a hole in it. I use my bags for at least 3 months unless something punctures it. The bags do not puncture easy, but they also do not stand up to the claws of a cat whatsoever!! When your bag gets too sticky to be fun, it is time to change bags. Spare bags come with your ION and others can be purchased from our retailers. To utilize what is in the bag to be changed, pour some 151 or other clear alcohol into it and swish it around. This is a great method to harvest the oils that build up inside a bag. (once you pour alcohol into your bag, DO NOT TRY AND USE IT ON THE MACHINE AGAIN)

The bag pt 2: Vapors...Once you fill a bag with vapors the vapor will be visible in the bag for half hour to an hour. the air in the bag will be saturated with whatever has been extracted from your biomass and will give you effect whenever you use it. As time goes on (after 45 minutes or so) the chemicals will start to condense on the sides of your bag making the actual air weaker or less saturated with goodness. From my perspective it is best to empty a bag within an hour of filling for maximum effect. ( and we all know the dilemma of a vaporizer bag,.. an empty bag must be filled and a full bag must be emptied.)

Advantages/Disadvantages of Bags/direct draw: IMHO it is all personal choice. I find that a bag is great if you are sharing or trying to get a bunch of what your looking for all at once. The bag, for me, is if I want to get to the point RIGHT NOW!!! or if I am sharing. The whip is not so much fun when trying to share with a group, for me, the whip is for personal relaxation time when I can spend 10-30 minutes getting to the point.
The "efficiency" question on which is better bag or whip/direct draw, I think if used properly either way is about equally efficient. I think of it as "the caffeine concept" I find I use less with the whip because it takes a long time to vape through all the biomass, more like having a cup of coffee. The bag is more like a redbull, use the same biomass get the same chemicals but get them all at once and NOW!.

This is a bit off topic but my turn to ask a question or perhaps make a statement and get some input.

From my understanding.
Vaporizers have two main categories
1. Forced Air Style 2. Direct Draw Style
The main categories have sub categories
Forced Air:
Direct Draw:
1. Whip (Hot Box, vapor bros, etc, etc)
2. Direct (Iolite, Purple Days, Myrtlezap, etc etc)
3. Indirect heat (don't know the name of the heat gun / paint remover thing)

My question is, am I missing a relevant method? and should I move that entire question to a different post?

Bruce@Zephyr,

Beezleb

I would add in wand vaporizers, like the vrip and herborizer. I tend to group the heat gun into this category as the heatguns were essentially replaced/upgraded by these types vaporizer it seems as common use tends to resolve around a bong or similar device.

I also add in the portables and tend to separate the category between lighter based units and other portable units such as those powered differently like the launch box and iolite.

Beezleb,

kelsec

You pretty much told me what I was wondering about. I was just a bit worried about the leakage in that video but now it seems that the presenter was doing something wrong.. I also saw a comment from one of your re sellers saying that They were able to fix the leak problem easily b
y reinforcing the bag..

I'll be ordering one soon. :)

kelsec,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Thought this would be a good place to upload a new product shot showing everything that comes in the box with a new Zephyr Ion.

Bruce@Zephyr,

tophfisher

Bruce,

Any info you can share on the USB port? I guess I've read you can plug it into a Windows XP computer and turn it on, on a schedule? But it warms up so fast I don't quite see the point, so I wondered if it did more than that?

Something like... an iphone app that could connect to the computer and turn it on via the USB cord would be great for guys like me who have it out in the garage, could activate it when I am getting near the house.. Pull in, and enjoy!

-Chris

tophfisher,

DudeApprovedBud

Good day to all my fellow vaporizer enthusiasts. I'm a new member to your community and would like to share my experence with the Zephyr Ion vaporizer with all of you. It all started one night not too long ago. A buddie of mine came over & brought his brother's "Indrustry Standard" vaporizer over. Let me tell you, it was an amazing eye opening experence. I am a seasoned veteran and daily user so it takes quite a bit to get me to where I want to be, but after a few "vaped" bags I was laughing and giggleing at everything like it was one of my first times. I was sold. I had to have one of my own. The next day I went to a local shop to make my purchase. $650 before taxes!? My heart sank due to sticker shock. I'm your averag blue collar worker and really can't afford something that expencive. Then I Saw the Zephyr Ion with a much more reasonible retail price of $379.99. (I think it's even cheaper on the website) so I took both boxes and compaired them side by side and I could not find a single feature that the more expencive indrustry standard vaporizer had that the Zephyr Ion lacked. The shop's employee couldn't even tell me why the other one was so much more expencive. My descision was made I bought a Zephyr Ion vaporizer. At that point I was a complete novice where it came to vaporizers. I hadn't ever used one past being handed a bag full of vapor. This was really no problem for me though because it was so easy to use that I was vaping my 1st bag within about 15 min of returning home. One thing I noticed right away was how thick and full of vapor the bags were getting with my Zephyr Ion. With the vaporizer my buddie & I used earlyer I could just barely see the bag filling. In my opinion the Zephyr Ion bag's filled with thicker vapor that you can actually see and feel. Through my reserch I realize that it is possible that it is the qulity of the plant matter that effects how much vapor you get, but my buddie & I have the same source for our plant matter and it was the same batch. So far I really felt like I was ahead of the game...I had bought a more economical
vaporizer that does a better job. I was extreemly happy with my Zephyr Ion untill tragity struck and it stop funtioning properly. I was crushed! I had just spent close to $400 on this thing and it broke in less than a month. I was very upset so I called & e-mailed Zephyr right away. I didn't speak with anyone when I called so I left a message and had to just hope someone would get back to me in a reasonible amount of time. To my surprise a representitive from Zephyr Ion contacted me later that day. The gentleman I spooke with was extreamly knowledgible about there product. He was also sympithtic and apologitic that I was having problems. We atempted to trouble shoot the Zephyr over the phone. When we were unable to get mine to funtioning properly he helped me get the ball rolling getting a replacement. A few days later I had a brand new Zephyr Ion! The only thing I had to do at that point was fill out a form as to what problems I was having with my old unit and send it back. The whole process was really easy and stress free. Zephyr Ion really made me feel at ease with the situation. Even compaired to big corporations the Zephyr Ion company hands down gave me the best customer service I have ever revived in my life. Usually you will get a very polite responce as to why you are screwed...so so with Zephyr Ion. They stand by there produce 100%. Zephyr Ion delivered the highest degree of customer service I have ever recieved. If anyone is thinking about buying a vaporizer, I recommend the Zephyr Ion! It's a better product, it's more economical, and it's guaranteed!

DudeApprovedBud

DudeApprovedBud,

Raf007

Retailer
Quick question about the picture.
It seems like you are giving away pipe cleaners with the Ion, but did you try to clean it with those ?
I am asking, because i tried to clean my iolite with a pipe cleaner, and it was clearly not a good idea. Indeed, the cleaner began to peel inside the tube because it is not made to clean sticky matter like thc. Finlly a Q tip was the solution.

Raf007,

aero18

vaporist
Raf007 said:
Quick question about the picture.
It seems like you are giving away pipe cleaners with the Ion, but did you try to clean it with those ?
I am asking, because i tried to clean my iolite with a pipe cleaner, and it was clearly not a good idea. Indeed, the cleaner began to peel inside the tube because it is not made to clean sticky matter like thc. Finlly a Q tip was the solution.
Those are not pipe cleaners. They look like zip ties! :)

aero18,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
tophfisher said:
Bruce,

Any info you can share on the USB port? I guess I've read you can plug it into a Windows XP computer and turn it on, on a schedule? But it warms up so fast I don't quite see the point, so I wondered if it did more than that?

Something like... an iphone app that could connect to the computer and turn it on via the USB cord would be great for guys like me who have it out in the garage, could activate it when I am getting near the house.. Pull in, and enjoy!

-Chris
The USB port, yes yes,... good times,..
We have been working and reworking the circuit board on the inside.
Current owners of the Zephyr Ion have to download the software (drivers etc) that make the Zephyr Ion work on your computer and it only works with XP so we have been hesitant to release it.

Future models (I believe after Feb 1) will have the drivers and everything built into the circuit board. Plug and Play style

The USB will plug into your computer and bring up a screen that looks like the face of your ION.
You will be able to send a text to your computer from your cell phone that will turn The Zephyr Ion on/off.
You will be able to set your ION from your computer to come on at a specific time ( i.e. start @ 7:30am with your coffee maker)

IMHO since the Zephyr ION heats up in 3 minutes or so, the USB stuff is mostly extra bells and whistles

In the picture above, those are in fact zipties to attach the bags to the mouthpieces.

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
So the Ion needs to be plugged into the computer for this to work? or can you program the unit and then unplug it from the computer? I'm a bit confused on that point.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
So the Ion needs to be plugged into the computer for this to work? or can you program the unit and then unplug it from the computer? I'm a bit confused on that point.
For now it has to be tethered to the computer for those functions, but we have been toying with the bluetooth type idea.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
How loud is your unit as it is working?
Decibel range for the Zephyr Ion is hard to say since I can not find a 'standard distance' to measure it from (industry seems to use 'no standard') anyhow:
@ 6 inches from Ion:
Ambient DB reading: 38db (no noise, just quiet room)
Ion Pump on reading: 62db
Increase of 24 db

@ 6 feet from Ion:
Ambient DB reading: 38db (no noise, just quiet room)
Ion Pump on reading: 44db
Increase of 6 db

Hope this helps.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
How about USB for downloading vape session temperature profiles? ... that is, it starts at a lower temp to get the flavoids, then ramps it up gradually toward the end of the session for maximum extraction efficiency. Profiles would probably be strain dankness dependent. An IR sensor could detect when the vapor is thinning out and adjust the session temp/timeout appropriately -- flashing the "reload" message on the screen when the bowl is cashed out. Or a ring tone, perhaps?

Med users could get a customized effect for their symptoms.

Hippie Dickie,

stinkmeaner

Bruce, any chance of making a video of the Zephyr in whip mode?

And it would be nice to see some pictures of the whip that is included.

stinkmeaner,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
stinkmeaner said:
Bruce, any chance of making a video of the Zephyr in whip mode?

And it would be nice to see some pictures of the whip that is included.
The whip will not be released till February. Had to finish up some testing. Once it is released I will make certain there is pics and video up for review.

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom