Zeal and Ω

SquirrelMaster

425 on a pelinail are you fucking kidding me? Balls and head $77 shipped in 2 days?? Wtf is happening???
A market disruption.

Cloud Connoisseur is on his way to becoming a top dog in the vaping market. Look at what's been released and is coming... and the unknown. Glass and vapes at every price point, from minimal to extravagant, and more affordable than many others.
My orders keep piling up.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What is the point of different beads? Is it just heat retention?
Yep. To me I would not use anything but rubies. It's clear that ceramic works similar to boro, so you'll need more heat. It will also take longer to go through a bowl at those higher temperature. You can find lots of videos online that illustrate this, but you'll definitely see that you can drop it down about 70-100F by using rubies. The phase3 thread has some examples too.

Zirconia and SIC have their uses, but for heat retention, I haven't seen anything beating rubies.

Different size rubies will affect your airflow. This comes down to personal preference, I think.

jbm

So what are the differences between the zirconia Zeal and the stainless steel besides cost? What are the reasons to favor one over the other?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So what are the differences between the zirconia Zeal and the stainless steel besides cost? What are the reasons to favor one over the other?
I haven't tried it yet, of course, but I think most of the difference is flavor. Zirconia should add nothing to the taste, like glass but is very strong. Lots of folks on this thread, including iDB can probably give more specifics from personal experience.

It can be much thinner than the equivalent quartz or boro so it should heat up more quickly on a typical coil.

jbm

I haven't tried it yet, of course, but I think most of the difference is flavor. Zirconia should add nothing to the taste, like glass but is very strong.
So the zirconia and a DC 20mm coil should work? Any reason not to buy the rubies from vgoodiez now that CC is sold out?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So the zirconia and a DC 20mm coil should work? Any reason not to buy the rubies from vgoodiez now that CC is sold out?
That should work great. Although it looks like CC still has them and they are cheaper:

Edited to add: I am feeling like the kid who raised their hand too much in class. I will pipe down now. 😄

Madtater

That should work great. Although it looks like CC still has them and they are cheaper:

Edited to add: I am feeling like the kid who raised their hand too much in class. I will pipe down now. 😄
Thanks. They were out this morning. Grabbed some of these.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yep. To me I would not use anything but rubies. It's clear that ceramic works similar to boro, so you'll need more heat. It will also take longer to go through a bowl at those higher temperature. You can find lots of videos online that illustrate this, but you'll definitely see that you can drop it down about 70-100F by using rubies. The phase3 thread has some examples too.

Zirconia and SIC have their uses, but for heat retention, I haven't seen anything beating rubies.

Different size rubies will affect your airflow. This comes down to personal preference, I think.
I think you're off on this one from my experience and use of the materials
Zirconia takes a bit longer to heat for sure but it holds the heat for a long time, if it needs to
It's also totally unsurpassed for flavor IMO

tinctorus,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think you're off on this one from my experience and use of the materials
Zirconia takes a bit longer to heat for sure but it holds the heat for a long time, if it needs to
It's also totally unsurpassed for flavor IMO
I absolutely understand that it's a matter of preference. Although zirconia should have nearly the same properties as boro glass. Which is why it is an excellent material for a head or cooling element. Watching your video in this thread is also pretty convincing.

And I have to take your opinion with a grain of salt because you sell them. I don't mean this at all as an insult, just stating this as part of my calculus.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I absolutely understand that it's a matter of preference. Although zirconia should have nearly the same properties as boro glass. Which is why it is an excellent material for a head or cooling element. Watching your video in this thread is also pretty convincing.

And I have to take your opinion with a grain of salt because you sell them. I don't mean this at all as an insult, just stating this as part of my calculus.
I understand that but tbh I only started selling them because I loved them so much 😂😂I was hoping to get other people to try them

I'm also be the first person to tell you that the cheaper Zirconia has much better flavor than the ridiculously more expensive sic fwiw

sadeinmytapedek

Just got mine! Im just now realizing there is only 1 SS screen preventing the balls from dropping out of the Zeal head. Should i be worried here? I thought the balls were safely secured in via the top screw cap with no other opening other than machined holes at the bottom. I guess i shouldve done some more research :).

Last edited:
sadeinmytapedek,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just got mine! Im just now realizing there is only 1 SS screen preventing the balls from dropping out of the Zeal head. Should i be worried here? I thought the balls were safely secured in via the top screw cap with no other opening other than machined holes at the bottom. I guess i shouldve done some more research :).
I get that feeling. But the SS Zeal is the only ball vape I own that is not secured by a screen at the bottom. Is that not the case with your other coil vapes?

Grass Yes,

sadeinmytapedek

I did some testing and the SS screen is more than enough to hold them in. Just make sure the screen is seated properly. :D

I get that feeling. But the SS Zeal is the only ball vape I own that is not secured by a screen at the bottom. Is that not the case with your other coil vapes?
So I'm coming from qaroma universe. All other heads i have are screw caps and machined at bottom so no real; worry about hot balls everywhere unless i drop the head itself. No SS screens needed at all to use the vape heads (taroma lite plus and QXL). I was looking into the ZX options and saw that they need screens, but i must've missed that this head is the same and needs a screen to use on bottom. No big deal, especially for the price i paid. I filled with balls and shook pretty aggressively while cold. The balls aren't going anywhere. :)

Does the SS zeal have a machined bottom with holes instead of having to use a screen like the Zeal (zirc)? The site doesn't have a picture from the bottom of the head unfortunately. I didn't know there were differences in the head at all. I thought it was the same except for material.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does the SS zeal have a machined bottom with holes instead of having to use a screen like the Zeal (zirc)? The site doesn't have a picture from the bottom of the head unfortunately. I didn't know there were differences in the head at all. I thought it was the same except for material.
Yep. It is exactly as you described:

PXL-20230417-170253195.jpg

If I remember correctly, the Zirc screens might be available in the future as a add-on? But this keeps the initial cost down and I think most people prefer the mesh screen's airflow to the machined ones. Although I am talking out of my ass so only @iDRINKBLEACH can say for sure. 😃

Also, I'd love to see some pics/videos while I wait for mine to arrive!

Top Bottom