ZAM Grinder

MonkeyTime

Very close to pulling the trigger after reading this thread

Even reasonable shipping rates to UK, uh oh.... I've just started persuading myself....😂
Ok, I'll help pile on!

Do it, you know you want to!

It handles small amounts fine in my experience.

Loading after a single use grind would be tough for me though, I like to straw style suck it into my stem.

For all the "cool" factor it brings, you also get a nice grind from it!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Great, I got mine wednesday and I'm pretty happy with this grinder especially cause you can bring it with you filled with 2 grounded strains in bottom chamber and ptfe bucket and another ungrounded (or already grounded) in the top chamber. All threading are smooth, grinder fonction is simple but works very well for a medium/fine grind despite some occasionnals ungrounded parts but I think it's when I put too much in the grinder...

Definitively a keeper, right now I have my 2 buckets filled with grinded flowers and put the grinder away, I found that more "civilized" than keeping a full grinder on the desk. Although I have to find something to handle the buckets cause they tend to slip out of my fingers since the very smooth and polished surface.

Thank you @ZAM , your grinder seems to be only available in your store, are you looking at retailers or do you want to keep your business under its actual form (something I can understand)?

Edit: Forgotten to say the first thing I did was to remove the screen section... and when I gave a look here I saw @ZAM 's post about the other new model without that screen section... too bad I didn't waited a few days before to order but it's not a big deal tho since your pricetag is on point!

Last edited:

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Great, I got mine wednesday and I'm pretty happy with this grinder especially cause you can bring it with you filled with 2 grounded strains in bottom chamber and ptfe bucket and another ungrounded (or already grounded) in the top chamber. All threading are smooth, grinder fonction is simple but works very well for a medium/fine grind despite some occasionnals ungrounded parts but I think it's when I put too much in the grinder...

Definitively a keeper, right now I have my 2 buckets filled with grinded flowers and put the grinder away, I found that more "civilized" than keeping a full grinder on the desk. Although I have to find something to handle the buckets cause they tend to slip out of my fingers since the very smooth and polished surface.

Thank you @ZAM , your grinder seems to be only available in your store, are you looking at retailers or do you want to keep your business under its actual form (something I can understand)?

Edit: Forgotten to say the first thing I did was to remove the screen section... and when I gave a look here I saw @ZAM 's post about the other new model without that screen section... too bad I didn't waited a few days before to order but it's not a big deal tho since your pricetag is on point!
Thank you for the great review! I am looking at retailers but it's not my priority at the moment. But...leaving a message and suggesting they carry my grinders wouldn't hurt. :)

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
How right you are @Shit Snacks ! Here’s a few from me.

Here is a shot of ground herb in Zam vs. Brilliant Cut Grinder. I completely forgot my BCG was blue when I ordered Zam, but I guess that makes me consistent in color choice!

Note: I had to split the buds into two grinds for the Zam.

Here is a smaller amount before and after in the Zam:

The Zam grind comes out very fluffy but it does let bigger pieces and stems fall through.
If you want a uniform grind, or a very fine grind, I don’t think this is the best choice.
But for what it was designed to be - a well machined, pocketable grinder that excels at small amounts - this thing rocks!

@Lazytechnician - I think this will be a huge upgrade from scissors. It handles small amounts beautifully. No more terpy residue wasted on your finger tips!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got mine yesterday (fast shipping!) and I love it so far. It's comfortable to hold, the build quality is fantastic, and the grind is pleasantly fluffy. Works quite well in my Dotleaf!

Mine was out for delivery yesterday but my mail carrier let me down, seems like it may be arriving Monday along with my large BCG!

Getting excited, thanks all for posting more in here! Have people been cleaning them before first use? Or are they pre cleaned??

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Mine was out for delivery yesterday but my mail carrier let me down, seems like it may be arriving Monday along with my large BCG!

Getting excited, thanks all for posting more in here! Have people been cleaning them before first use? Or are they pre cleaned??
id say just clean it, it didn't appear dirty or anything but better safe than sorry

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
ALWAYS clean your hardware before use. No exceptions.
id say just clean it, it didn't appear dirty or anything but better safe than sorry
The grinders are cleaned prior but it can't hurt! I do recommend that you do not remove the PTFE O-ring. PTFE has a very low coefficient of friction, but it's not very elastic. Taking it on and off will likely permanently deform (stretch) the O-ring.

Shit Snacks

The grinders are cleaned prior but it can't hurt! I do recommend that you do not remove the PTFE O-ring. PTFE has a very low coefficient of friction, but it's not very elastic. Taking it on and off will likely permanently deform (stretch) the O-ring.

Thank you! This is what I was hoping to hear, yes it is important to clean new things, but sometimes they come pre cleaned like this! So I will be using mine straight away :tup:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
while you are here lets talk about the possibility of you making a 30% large version, the current size is great for on the go, but a bigger one would be a better travel vape like road trips or flights to other places or even a friends house

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
while you are here lets talk about the possibility of you making a 30% large version, the current size is great for on the go, but a bigger one would be a better travel vape like road trips or flights to other places or even a friends house
Well I wasn't going to say anything until I was closer to the finish line, but since you asked directly....

I'm in the middle of making the prototype for a 2" version. Fully magnetic (no center posts), completely air-tight, kief screen, new teeth design.

Then I'll circle back for a 1.5" which is probably more the size you're describing.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Well I wasn't going to say anything until I was closer to the finish line, but since you asked directly....

I'm in the middle of making the prototype for a 2" version. Fully magnetic (no center posts), completely air-tight, kief screen, new teeth design.

Then I'll circle back for a 1.5" which is probably more the size you're describing.
ill take a 2" as well lol gotta collect them all. Cant wait to see it!

Shit Snacks

Found mine in bottom of mailbox finally, still no BCG large though... Obviously blown away with how tiny it is in person, super cute, smart little design!

PXL-20210420-004940442.jpg

^with it magnetized like this, you can roll the barrel as it makes a delightful little sound against the plastic o-ring

PXL-20210420-002946463.jpg

^love the color of course!

PXL-20210420-010905921.jpg

^nug of dry wedding pie staring down the barrel

PXL-20210420-011746594.jpg

^broken up loaded, pretty full

PXL-20210420-012036367.jpg

^yeah had to poke that little bit on the side back in to finish

PXL-20210420-012431300.jpg

^yep, and pretty coarse because it was a full load of dry bud without any upside down grinding...

It was pretty nice first use, I like the grip of the top piece easy to turn, I bet it's even easier with the extra middle storage section to grip, but the bottom piece does have those grips so it was still no trouble for me! More fun to come

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Found mine in bottom of mailbox finally, still no BCG large though... Obviously blown away with how tiny it is in person, super cute, smart little design!

PXL-20210420-004940442.jpg

^with it magnetized like this, you can roll the barrel as it makes a delightful little sound against the plastic o-ring

PXL-20210420-002946463.jpg

^love the color of course!

PXL-20210420-010905921.jpg

^nug of dry wedding pie staring down the barrel

PXL-20210420-011746594.jpg

^broken up loaded, pretty full

PXL-20210420-012036367.jpg

^yeah had to poke that little bit on the side back in to finish

PXL-20210420-012431300.jpg

^yep, and pretty coarse because it was a full load of dry bud without any upside down grinding...

It was pretty nice first use, I like the grip of the top piece easy to turn, I bet it's even easier with the extra middle storage section to grip, but the bottom piece does have those grips so it was still no trouble for me! More fun to come
great pics btw

Shit Snacks

Still digging this little guy, the ergonomics of the design make grinding quick and easy, plus extra storage on top is such nice bonus

PXL-20210425-210445567.jpg

^another full load, nug in each section, some decently dense and moist apple fritter herbs

PXL-20210425-210744668.jpg

^ground upside down a bit this time, so ended up with a more medium grind, but more sticking in teeth and holes as a result

Top Bottom