• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ZAM Grinder

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hey people, don’t worry, everything is still active and going on. Things are going well actually.

I should have supplied an earlier update, I apologize.

I’m stuck in the ever so common situation of not having enough capital to purchase my next shipment of inventory. I was aiming to purchase about 500 grinders, and where I thought I had capital lined up, unfortunately fell through.

I didn’t want to pre sell grinders as I’ve heard the disappoint and troubles when a shipment is delayed. (Though I may presell a smaller quantity if it takes much longer to raise money)

So instead I sent some feelers out to raise money and a couple noteworthy cannabis institutions are interested in investing. I can’t say too much, but things are going very well.

This process can take a little while, and negotiations are important, so I apologize if it takes a little while longer for operations to get up and going.

There’s going to be a Forbes article on ZAM grinders!

This recent scare with the corona virus...is scary. It’s Chinese New Year over there, so all manufacturing is shut down. Whether they’ll be up and running in 3 weeks is anyone’s guess.

So I do have some grinders left that I could sell. Only black ones, and they have manufacturing defect marks along the inside inserted steel ring. I didn’t ship these out or sell them for obvious reasons, but if people want one I would be willing to sell them for a reduced price.

My website is down because I’m dumb and forget to pay the Shopify bill, no issues! I’m fixing it now.

- Zach

Good to hear, because I like this little unique grinder!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hey people, don’t worry, everything is still active and going on. Things are going well actually.

I should have supplied an earlier update, I apologize.

No problem, man! Sorry to make you seem like you were forced to update! My excitement got the better of me. :rofl:

I'm used to investing in smaller indie businesses, so I don't mind a pre-sale that takes a while, but I think that looking for investors was a great play.

Best of luck with everything, and thanks for the update!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
So I do have some grinders left that I could sell. Only black ones, and they have manufacturing defect marks along the inside inserted steel ring. I didn’t ship these out or sell them for obvious reasons, but if people want one I would be willing to sell them for a reduced price.

I'd be interested, dm me details if you like!

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
@ZAM
Do you have plans for a stainless steel version right away or is that still down the road?

Stainless is down the road. First I have to get the process up and running, meaning regularly selling aluminum versions, then I'll work on the steel version. I think I laid out my plans earlier in the thread.

No problem, man! Sorry to make you seem like you were forced to update! My excitement got the better of me. :rofl:

I'm used to investing in smaller indie businesses, so I don't mind a pre-sale that takes a while, but I think that looking for investors was a great play.

Best of luck with everything, and thanks for the update!

Thank you and no worries! I'm happy to see people upset that they thought the project was on hold hahah.

I may end up doing a smaller 100 - 200 quantity run if negotiations take too long. I think institutional investment would help, but I'm not going to wait another 3 months if that's the case.

I'd be interested, dm me details if you like!

Done!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hi, everyone! I reached out to Zach to ask if he had any factory seconds he'd be willing to sell, and he did! He sent the grinder and I've been using it for about a week now.

A few of you may know that I don't own a grinder (until now, that is), but I have used them - be it with friends or friendly neighborhood growers - so I have experience with grinders (mostly cheapo ones or mass produced headshop grinders), but they've never impressed me enough to buy one myself. The closest I've come to wanting to is after using a friend's med 3piece Santa Cruz Shredder, but the form factor isn't as compact or as portable as I'd like (I'm an on-the-go kind of martian), so I've stuck with the ol "scissors and a shot glass, then toss it in a container" method all these years.

That is, until now. Here's a semi-complete* review of my use. Long story short, I ADORE this grinder.
*I do want to add photos, but I can't add any photos right now; phone on the fritz. As soon as I'm able, I plan on either editing this review, or posting a few photos.

The size is perfect, and fits comfortably right into the hand. The black is especially stealthy, as it blends in well with power banks and make up products. It also slips right into the front pockets as fantastic part of my EDC. The biggest plus in presentation besides stealth is that it doesn't take up much space, even in pants with more feminine pockets. As a person who doesn't like to carry bags often when I go out, this is a major plus for me.

The ZAM grinder is modular, consisting of 6 individual pieces: lid (PTFE lined), debowler/upper grinder, lower grinder, herb catcher (PTFE lined), kief screen, and kief catcher/bottom. The grinder is pretty modular, so you can, for example, forgo the kief screen (for all my 3 piece lovers out there), or even take out the herb catcher itself for a super stealth 2piece grinder that can go completely unnoticed anywhere. The top is also lined with a small PTFE lid, so your herbs are covered no matter how you turn it.

It's not especially smelly, but it's also not completely smell proof? If I hold my nose up to it and smell, I definitely get a hint of woodsy goodness. Upon asking friends as I carry it in pocket, however, there isn't any smell leakage. Same as carrying in hand from a comfortable distance away. I'm pretty sure if you cleaned out the actual grinder part, there would probably be no smell at all. Another plus for the stealth box.

In use with herb, the grind is great; a nice and fluffy medium/medium-coarse, in my experience. When I'm able, I'll grab my friend's SCS and give you guys a real comparison, but (from memory) I feel like they're somewhat similar. I even checked the grinded bud with a 10x magnifier and the bud is not shredded. The trichomes are delightfully intact.

The ZAM grinder's coolest feature is definitely the circular magnet design. You throw a nug in there, press down, turn until your bud is well ground, and you yank that bad boy off to reap your goods. No threads to have to unscrew, no pole that your herb gets stuck on. The magnet doesn't feel SUPER strong. Just strong enough, I guess. I wouldn't mind it being a little bit stronger, but it's also not too weak. The grinder definitely won't be opening up in your pocket, and takes a deliberate pull to separate.

I freaking love the debowler insert, dudes. It feels like it was made for the dyna and hopper, and keeps me from having to bring extra pockets or picks with me while I'm out. It's such a small convenience, but really changes the game when you're out hiking with friends, your hands are already covered in mud or dirt, and you don't want to touch the herb to get it out of there. In fact, so much of the ZAM grinder is perfect for an active lifestyle that I've taken to bringing it with me whenever I go out running, hiking, or to the lake to fish on the weekends.

I no longer have to bring extra containers, copious amounts of tools, or anything. Just the ZAM grinder and I'm set (with the vapcap at least. Still like bringing my loading funnel for my hopper).

It's also surprisingly sturdy! Yesterday, some buddies and I went hiking on the mountain near us. I'm letting a friend use it, and as he's pushing it closed, he freaking drops it... Takes me a moment watching it bounce down the side of a rocky incline before I sprint after it. "Shit, I just got this, shit, shit, fuck." I picked it up expecting it to be dinged up to hell, but (to my relief!) it's pretty much fine (with the exception of some dirt between the ridges).

I'm glad I waited all these years to get a grinder, and that Zach was amazing enough to make his idea a reality. He took the "grinder" design that everyone has done for ages and actually does something new with it, and IMO he succeeds. The modularity, the portability, and the stealth factor are all ways this grinder excels where others have missed the mark for me.

So, uh, yeah, pretty freakin happy with my first grinder :love:

I also want to add Zach's fantastic customer service, as he threw in an extra silver herb holder. For sure has my business again when your next grinders come out. Already have my friends asking to borrow this one.:dog:

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hi, everyone! I reached out to Zach to ask if he had any factory seconds he'd be willing to sell, and he did! He sent the grinder and I've been using it for about a week now.

A few of you may know that I don't own a grinder (until now, that is), but I have used them - be it with friends or friendly neighborhood growers - so I have experience with grinders (mostly cheapo ones or mass produced headshop grinders), but they've never impressed me enough to buy one myself. The closest I've come to wanting to is after using a friend's med 3piece Santa Cruz Shredder, but the form factor isn't as compact or as portable as I'd like (I'm an on-the-go kind of martian), so I've stuck with the ol "scissors and a shot glass, then toss it in a container" method all these years.

That is, until now. Here's a semi-complete* review of my use. Long story short, I ADORE this grinder.
*I do want to add photos, but I can't add any photos right now; phone on the fritz. As soon as I'm able, I plan on either editing this review, or posting a few photos.

The size is perfect, and fits comfortably right into the hand. The black is especially stealthy, as it blends in well with power banks and make up products. It also slips right into the front pockets as fantastic part of my EDC. The biggest plus in presentation besides stealth is that it doesn't take up much space, even in pants with more feminine pockets. As a person who doesn't like to carry bags often when I go out, this is a major plus for me.

The ZAM grinder is modular, consisting of 6 individual pieces: lid (PTFE lined), debowler/upper grinder, lower grinder, herb catcher (PTFE lined), kief screen, and kief catcher/bottom. The grinder is pretty modular, so you can, for example, forgo the kief screen (for all my 3 piece lovers out there), or even take out the herb catcher itself for a super stealth 2piece grinder that can go completely unnoticed anywhere. The top is also lined with a small PTFE lid, so your herbs are covered no matter how you turn it.

It's not especially smelly, but it's also not completely smell proof? If I hold my nose up to it and smell, I definitely get a hint of woodsy goodness. Upon asking friends as I carry it in pocket, however, there isn't any smell leakage. Same as carrying in hand from a comfortable distance away. I'm pretty sure if you cleaned out the actual grinder part, there would probably be no smell at all. Another plus for the stealth box.

In use with herb, the grind is great; a nice and fluffy medium/medium-coarse, in my experience. When I'm able, I'll grab my friend's SCS and give you guys a real comparison, but (from memory) I feel like they're somewhat similar. I even checked the grinded bud with a 10x magnifier and the bud is not shredded. The trichomes are delightfully intact.

The ZAM grinder's coolest feature is definitely the circular magnet design. You throw a nug in there, press down, turn until your bud is well ground, and you yank that bad boy off to reap your goods. No threads to have to unscrew, no pole that your herb gets stuck on. The magnet doesn't feel SUPER strong. Just strong enough, I guess. I wouldn't mind it being a little bit stronger, but it's also not too weak. The grinder definitely won't be opening up in your pocket, and takes a deliberate pull to separate.

I freaking love the debowler insert, dudes. It feels like it was made for the dyna and hopper, and keeps me from having to bring extra pockets or picks with me while I'm out. It's such a small convenience, but really changes the game when you're out hiking with friends, your hands are already covered in mud or dirt, and you don't want to touch the herb to get it out of there. In fact, so much of the ZAM grinder is perfect for an active lifestyle that I've taken to bringing it with me whenever I go out running, hiking, or to the lake to fish on the weekends.

I no longer have to bring extra containers, copious amounts of tools, or anything. Just the ZAM grinder and I'm set (with the vapcap at least. Still like bringing my loading funnel for my hopper).

It's also surprisingly sturdy! Yesterday, some buddies and I went hiking on the mountain near us. I'm letting a friend use it, and as he's pushing it closed, he freaking drops it... Takes me a moment watching it bounce down the side of a rocky incline before I sprint after it. "Shit, I just got this, shit, shit, fuck." I picked it up expecting it to be dinged up to hell, but (to my relief!) it's pretty much fine (with the exception of some dirt between the ridges).

I'm glad I waited all these years to get a grinder, and that Zach was amazing enough to make his idea a reality. He took the "grinder" design that everyone has done for ages and actually does something new with it, and IMO he succeeds. The modularity, the portability, and the stealth factor are all ways this grinder excels where others have missed the mark for me.

So, uh, yeah, pretty freakin happy with my first grinder :love:

I also want to add Zach's fantastic customer service, as he threw in an extra silver herb holder. For sure has my business again when your next grinders come out. Already have my friends asking to borrow this one.:dog:

Thank you!!! I'm happy you like it!

I really like that you mentioned how the grinder's size makes it especially useful for feminine pockets. While I didn't design this grinder for women only, the thought definitely crossed my mind that women would find the smaller size more beneficial because of their itty-bitty pockets. Some guys don't see the size as that beneficial because they wear cargo shorts, but women don't really have the same option (purses don't count). So thank you for validating those thoughts.

I think your description of its smell reduction capabilities are spot-on. While the top section with PTFE is air-tight/water-tight, the rest of the grinder is not, so some smell is bound to escape. I think it could be manageable to put in a rubber gasket so when the threading is tightened it creates another seal. I thought Jaryz did this well. That will have to be a later version, but definitely something to think about!

You and others have mentioned, and I agree, that the magnet needs to be a little stronger. And I'm happy to say I've already made the necessary change so that should be a little stronger on the next shipment.

The little debowler is such a small addition, it's literally just a spike in the middle of a bucket, but it's so helpful for stem-load vapes. I got a suggestion to provide the option for the lid PTFE section to have the spike debowler so users can debowl vapes that aren't stem-load. I think that's a good idea and will most definitely implement later.

The extra silver herb holder that I sent is nice because everything is modular, so you can take sections from that container and add it to the grinder or vice-versa.

Let me tell you, FC members can write some detailed reviews, I like it.

Thanks,

- Zach

Alexis

So a very brief report. I was very generously gifted a black Zam grinder recently at the same time as a BCG grinder full set so I have been truly spoiled by rare generosity and kindness.

Now, with the BCG, I had to get to know it first. I have barely been vaping so its been slow.

I immediately likes the look and feel of the ZAM grinder and I couldn't wait to use it.

This morning I did for the first time I actually held it upside down to grind my herbs because it seems like the chamber is as perfectly designed for that function as any other grinder I have seen before to get a more consistent fine grind.

Every bit of herb fell through the holes there after and I really appreciated the storage container the herbs were in unscrewing it was an absolute breeze and not a headache at all actually enjoyable.

The Grind was perfect really fluffy and fairly fine and it vaped very well and I honestly can't say that this is a huge step down if any from the BCG grinder in terms of resulting grind and general pleasure of using.

So I can definitely recommend this grinder rather strongly based on my first usage this morning I really can't wait to use it again and show it to my friends which I haven't had a chance to do yet ( I do actually have friends by the way lol!:lol: )

Great little dead easy, fun to use grinder. So simple, not an issue for hand problems, weakness, repetitive strian either. Very pleased with it.

@ZAM thank you for your work and commitment and imagination to bring such an excellent little and very affordable new grinder to the market I think more people would be surprised how effective and decent the performances who have been around a great lot of other very well rounded and more expensive grinders without real satisfaction.

I hope people take notice of my post and give this grinder a try so that its reputation can can build with a stronger and more experienced testing audience.

Good luck Zam, you done good with this one all the best bro. :tup:

Also I actually really appreciate the small size because I just stuck one small bud dead in the centre with no thought or arrangement and it worked perfectly for a small amounts and I reckon you could squeeze a good half grand or more in their easily and it doesn't take long to grind so you could grind through a lot of material very quickly and easily still.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
So a very brief report. I was very generously gifted a black Zam grinder recently at the same time as a BCG grinder full set so I have been truly spoiled by rare generosity and kindness.

Now, with the BCG, I had to get to know it first. I have barely been vaping so its been slow.

I immediately likes the look and feel of the ZAM grinder and I couldn't wait to use it.

This morning I did for the first time I actually held it upside down to grind my herbs because it seems like the chamber is as perfectly designed for that function as any other grinder I have seen before to get a more consistent fine grind.

Every bit of herb fell through the holes there after and I really appreciated the storage container the herbs were in unscrewing it was an absolute breeze and not a headache at all actually enjoyable.

The Grind was perfect really fluffy and fairly fine and it vaped very well and I honestly can't say that this is a huge step down if any from the BCG grinder in terms of resulting grind and general pleasure of using.

So I can definitely recommend this grinder rather strongly based on my first usage this morning I really can't wait to use it again and show it to my friends which I haven't had a chance to do yet ( I do actually have friends by the way lol!:lol: )

Great little dead easy, fun to use grinder. So simple, not an issue for hand problems, weakness, repetitive strian either. Very pleased with it.

@ZAM thank you for your work and commitment and imagination to bring such an excellent little and very affordable new grinder to the market I think more people would be surprised how effective and decent the performances who have been around a great lot of other very well rounded and more expensive grinders without real satisfaction.

I hope people take notice of my post and give this grinder a try so that its reputation can can build with a stronger and more experienced testing audience.

Good luck Zam, you done good with this one all the best bro. :tup:

Also I actually really appreciate the small size because I just stuck one small bud dead in the centre with no thought or arrangement and it worked perfectly for a small amounts and I reckon you could squeeze a good half grand or more in their easily and it doesn't take long to grind so you could grind through a lot of material very quickly and easily still.

Thank you for the great review, Alexis! I hope I can get everything going so I can create other products, I have a few in store that I'm eager to start building.

Hi @ZAM do you have any updates on your next stock availability. I'm sure things are challenging with the COVID outbreaks and impacts, and we might be in for a long wait.... Just thought I'd check ;)

Unfortunately I don't have a set date, I'm still in the midst of trying to raise money. I'm set to pitch in the Weedclubs pitch event on March 24th in San Francisco, but with the COVID outbreak gaining steam that's looking like it might get cancelled. Other similar events are getting cancelled, so I think it's more than likely. There's still the possibility the competition will be moved online, which would be nice because I'm not too confident in my public speaking abilities anyway haha.

Also the recent stock market plunge doesn't help. People are speaking of a possible recession, and that definitely doesn't bode well for my chances of acquiring funding.

Not to mention the upheaval in China's manufacturing/exporting. Even if I had the funds to place the next shipment, would it be risky to place that order now? Are things back up and running smoothly over there? They say it's getting better, but I'm not so sure things are normal, and I can't really afford a fuck-up that's not my fault.

So at the moment I'm banking on the pitch event to raise capital. If that gets cancelled or does't go well, I'll launch a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign. But even then, are people likely to support a crowdfunding campaign while a virus is running rampant across the nation/globe? I don't really know.

So yeah, bad timing all around.

For a little ray of sunshine, take a look at this new ZAM grinder review video someone just sent me!

SquirrelMaster

@ZAM
You had a ton of buzz on reddit as well if I remember correctly so I'm sure something like that would go over well with folks. It would help you raise capital quickly and if made clear that there may be delays with manufacturing because of coronovirus everyone should be understanding (and won't have a choice if not ha). If you do, please consider having both aluminum and stainless steel options available.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
@ZAM
You had a ton of buzz on reddit as well if I remember correctly so I'm sure something like that would go over well with folks. It would help you raise capital quickly and if made clear that there may be delays with manufacturing because of coronovirus everyone should be understanding (and won't have a choice if not ha). If you do, please consider having both aluminum and stainless steel options available.

You're right, I did get some nice love from the Reddit community. There is just so much unknown where everything is heading, I think I'll reevaluate in 2 weeks time. I appreciate the support!

I'll get things going eventually, but a pandemic does make things a little weird!

Glatch

I'm also looking around for a new grinder and for now I'm split between the BCG and the ZAM grinder. The Zam grinder seems the perfect mix between the old grinders I currently own. Really hope your production/R&D does not get hindered to a standstill because of this pandemic.

Looking forward to your updates to the design. luckily I'm not in a rush and until then I'll continue the use of my (10 years old) 2 piece space case and (for portability) head chef mini.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
ZAM is mentioned in Forbes!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidc...juana-pitch-event-shines-online/#7b7545b92ec0

For those wondering, the pitch comp was fun, but I didn't do too well. Maybe it was my pitch, but I felt the panelists didn't find a cannabis grinder that exciting as an investment opportunity. I was also up against some real heavy hitters with a lot of traction, so I can't be too upset.

There should be a follow-up article in Forbes on ZAM Grinders. Stay tuned! Looks like we may be going to the crowd-funding route!

- Zach

tepictoton

Nice one!

Hope your venture becomes and adventure!

Lovely to see how someone takes an idea and makes it real.

:tup:

tepictoton,
Reactions: ZAM

o0osharkbait

@ZAM I am actually in the midst of figuring out which grinder to get for my POTV ONE. I know I need to get something with a fine grind and I have heard the Phoenicians are really good at that. Then up comes along your Forbes article.

I only use capsules with my one so this seems really neat, I also don't really do a lot, I have maybe 3.5g on me a month, so this would be perfect.

It's a shame you are out of stock though because I kind of need a grinder now, :( I would have loved to have gotten my hands on one of these babies.

Anyone who has one, what kind of a grind is it regular vs. upside down?

o0osharkbait,

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Thank you everyone! That article really put my grinder out there, it's been great. Here's another little article: https://cannabis.wiki/strains-and-products/have-you-heard-of-the-new-zam-pocket-grinder

Any plans/an idea when you will start this crowdfunding? Is it like in a month, in half a year so forth.

I don't think I'll need to, I'm coming to the end of negotiations in the next week which should put me in a position to order the next round of inventory. I'm trying to do that ASAP, so I'll let you know the moment I've placed the down payment.

Should things fall through, I'll move forward with a pre-sell/crowdfund.

Top Bottom