• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan Evolve Wax Pen

Vitolo

Vaporist
The threading ease, and smooth machining of W9Tech products is beyond compare.
When it comes to Yocan's Evolve, the Dab-like experience of the dual Quartz Elements, covered by the vented HeaterCore Cap is not surpassed by any pen I have worked with.
I have done R&D consultation, BETA testing, or worked with most pens on the market, and this one came upon me as a huge surprise!

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
woah, this looks interesting.
was gonna pick up an new atomizer... and this might just be it. maybe

I waiting on some of you to report back on the testing, and ataxian especially to draw comparisons between this and w9tech products
I am testing the atomizer and I have a persei, omicron and a Hercules so I can help with this some

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
The coil is made of Nichrome...

After having this pen for about a week (light to moderate use). Some Pros & Cons IMO:

PROS

Great build quality (feels great in your hand, nice threads and pieces)
Small, stealth (easily hidden in your hand)
Instant vapor (immediate results!)
Batter life
Coil caps

CONS

Nichrome (I'm experiencing the weird taste that sometimes plagues nichrome coils)
Leakage (check my photo below)
Rounded bottom of battery (pen doesn't stand upright easily, promotes leakage when on its side)
Only 1 ea coil cap included with pen, (none with extra coil pack)
Coils is hot (tested at over 1000F, see #42)

This pen has a spot on the team however my starting players with suit up with titanium.

@Yocantech, could we expect titanium double coils to be available for the Evolve pen at some point?

High viscosity shatter was loaded in the pen, stored on its side for a few hours:

Last edited:

Hoosier

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I didn't experienced any leaks, although i don't use high viscosity concentrates and kep it vertical most part of the time (except for carrying...).

The Titanium option would be great!

Hoosier

Got mine yesterday. Was impressed at packaging for such a cheap unit (I paid $19). The pen itself is nice and small. First use and the taste of my rosin was awesome! Running very thin on consumables at the moment, but looking forward to putting this thru the paces. Still can't believe this was so cheap vs. what I paid for my first silica/ego.

On thing I wish was different... Too many screw together parts. The mouthpiece should just slide on... B/c you already have the wax cap screwed on underneath.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After having this pen for about a week (light to moderate use). Some Pros & Cons IMO:

PROS

Great build quality (feels great in your hand, nice threads and pieces)
Small, stealth (easily hidden in your hand)
Instant vapor (immediate results!)
Batter life
Coil caps

CONS

Nichrome (I'm experiencing the weird taste that sometimes plagues nichrome coils)
Leakage (check my photo below)
Rounded bottom of battery (pen doesn't stand upright easily, promotes leakage when on its side)
Only 1 ea coil cap included with pen, (none with extra coil pack)
Coils is hot (tested at over 1000F, see #42)

This pen has a spot on the team however my starting players with suit up with titanium.

@Yocantech, could we expect titanium double coils to be available for the Evolve pen at some point?

High viscosity shatter was loaded in the pen, stored on its side for a few hours:
I am going to load some DUTCH CRUNCH SHATTER & THC OIL and test this thing out?

It is priced pretty low and if it works well I can see it becoming popular!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I received the yocan and loved the look, branding and size right away. I wondered how it would place in my line up. I wondered if the metal tip would annoy me. I wondered if it would leak or get clogged.

I will say that the yocan quickly moved the the top of my vape list. It is now my number one go to vape for wax and even use it instead of herb because of ease. The battery is well powered for the double coil system with huge hits. For me the hits were even too big. The airflow was unreal. I think that is what is giving the huger then normal hits for a wax pen. I also believe this is what is making it just about impossible to clog. I tried really hard to clog the vape to see how easy it was to unclog. It took a lot, but a quick press of the button, walla it was unclogged.

I put grams of wax through this vape with no issues at all. It holds a lot at once as well if you choose to load it that much. I would recommend this vape for many reason, but price point and ease of use are number one.

The addition of the no leak cap is genius. The cap keeps most of the oils from getting all over the pen making it really easy to clean. I never have to worry about vaping sideways or upside down. I don’t have to worry about throwing in in my bag or on a table. My other pens I have to always make sure they are upright. Not this vape, you are good no matter what. I waited to really put it through a lot of tests before writing the review.

Now my few negative issues which are personal to each person. For me it is hard for me to get a proper hit as the airflow does dictate a huge hit. I have to be very careful to hold the button for only two seconds. This is not an issue for most people. My next issues is because it is sooooooooo easy to vape from this pen, I don’t put it down :( :) I guess that isn’t the biggest problem. My last issue for me is a bit disappointing and I am not sure why it happens. The taste of the beautiful wax is not nearly as good as my other setups. If this vape wasn’t so easy to use that might have been a deal break for me. It may be my taste buds lately cause all others have reported great taste. I will have to clean and try again. I have tried many strains to try to figure this out and I still have no idea why it doesn’t taste as good. Any reasons I am not getting that fresh taste of sweetness would be appreciated. I am not saying it is bad at all, just not as good as some of my other pens. It seems like one person said it was the coils that make the taste the way it does, so it could be my taste buds with that coil set up. I would love to try the same pen with titanium coils as for me it may make a huge difference. I would love if the pen stood up as well as others mentioned.

All in all this vape is fantastic in my usage. For those who use water the airflow will be very helpful and you will get a nice satisfying hit. Thanks for bringing such a great pen to market and allowing me to review it. I really do hope a good herb pen follows. This pen is a huge winner in my book.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I received the yocan and loved the look, branding and size right away. I wondered how it would place in my line up. I wondered if the metal tip would annoy me. I wondered if it would leak or get clogged.

I will say that the yocan quickly moved the the top of my vape list. It is now my number one go to vape for wax and even use it instead of herb because of ease. The battery is well powered for the double coil system with huge hits. For me the hits were even too big. The airflow was unreal. I think that is what is giving the huger then normal hits for a wax pen. I also believe this is what is making it just about impossible to clog. I tried really hard to clog the vape to see how easy it was to unclog. It took a lot, but a quick press of the button, walla it was unclogged.

I put grams of wax through this vape with no issues at all. It holds a lot at once as well if you choose to load it that much. I would recommend this vape for many reason, but price point and ease of use are number one.

The addition of the no leak cap is genius. The cap keeps most of the oils from getting all over the pen making it really easy to clean. I never have to worry about vaping sideways or upside down. I don’t have to worry about throwing in in my bag or on a table. My other pens I have to always make sure they are upright. Not this vape, you are good no matter what. I waited to really put it through a lot of tests before writing the review.

Now my few negative issues which are personal to each person. For me it is hard for me to get a proper hit as the airflow does dictate a huge hit. I have to be very careful to hold the button for only two seconds. This is not an issue for most people. My next issues is because it is sooooooooo easy to vape from this pen, I don’t put it down :( :) I guess that isn’t the biggest problem. My last issue for me is a bit disappointing and I am not sure why it happens. The taste of the beautiful wax is not nearly as good as my other setups. If this vape wasn’t so easy to use that might have been a deal break for me. It may be my taste buds lately cause all others have reported great taste. I will have to clean and try again. I have tried many strains to try to figure this out and I still have no idea why it doesn’t taste as good. Any reasons I am not getting that fresh taste of sweetness would be appreciated. I am not saying it is bad at all, just not as good as some of my other pens. It seems like one person said it was the coils that make the taste the way it does, so it could be my taste buds with that coil set up. I would love to try the same pen with titanium coils as for me it may make a huge difference. I would love if the pen stood up as well as others mentioned.

All in all this vape is fantastic in my usage. For those who use water the airflow will be very helpful and you will get a nice satisfying hit. Thanks for bringing such a great pen to market and allowing me to review it. I really do hope a good herb pen follows. This pen is a huge winner in my book.
Nice to see you back @Dreamerr :) :) :)

thegoo

The taste of the beautiful wax is not nearly as good as my other setups. If this vape wasn’t so easy to use that might have been a deal break for me. It may be my taste buds lately cause all others have reported great taste. I will have to clean and try again. I have tried many strains to try to figure this out and I still have no idea why it doesn’t taste as good. Any reasons I am not getting that fresh taste of sweetness would be appreciated. I am not saying it is bad at all, just not as good as some of my other pens. It seems like one person said it was the coils that make the taste the way it does, so it could be my taste buds with that coil set up.

I believe that you are right.
Yocantech stated that the heating wire used in this pen was Nichrome, which compared to the various grades of titanium in competitor pens, is inferior when it comes to taste.
Every pen i have ever used that was nichrome had a funky taste that overpowered the flavor of the medicine i was using regardless of length of hit.
I have found that when using a nichrome based coil, it is best to keep the coil more saturated then less because it gives you the best chance of tasting the flavor of your meds.
Also, like you are already doing, limit your draws to 2-3 seconds to keep flavor tops.
I hope this helps

Harmoniousliving

Got mine yesterday. Was impressed at packaging for such a cheap unit (I paid $19). The pen itself is nice and small. First use and the taste of my rosin was awesome! Running very thin on consumables at the moment, but looking forward to putting this thru the paces. Still can't believe this was so cheap vs. what I paid for my first silica/ego.

On thing I wish was different... Too many screw together parts. The mouthpiece should just slide on... B/c you already have the wax cap screwed on underneath.
Where did you buy from ?

Harmoniousliving,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
To any that received the larger carbed atty to try, a mod makes a huge difference. I had been using it on the EVOLVE battery, but this mod takes it to the next level. HUGE hits and temperature control.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. :cool:

Harmoniousliving

To any that received the larger carbed atty to try, a mod makes a huge difference. I had been using it on the EVOLVE battery, but this mod takes it to the next level. HUGE hits and temperature control.

I'd there a particular retailer that includes this ?I ordered from edabsdirect and mine should be here tomorrow

Harmoniousliving,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I'd there a particular retailer that includes this ?I ordered from edabsdirect and mine should be here tomorrow

Not yet, only 3 people I think (me being one, mom is one, can't remember the 3rd) have this to test. They haven't officially named it yet or have a time to put it on the market. Me personally I freaking love this beast with both coils (one will knock ya head off, the other smoooooth)

I will try this today. I've used the Gemini Dual Mod (2200mAh battery) and the Aura Hybrid Mod (adjustable wattage) and both worked great. 15-25W is the preferred wattage for best taste I was told and I agree. Anything over was a waste and anything under wouldn't hit on the Aura. I keep mine at 15W and drift away to happiness.

Could you post a pic ?I'm not familiar with what your talking about.
Thanks !
I think she did if you go back through the thread here or I have some on my IG, link in my signature

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since I get the Evolve in my arsenal i lost all interest about all my others vape pens except the SR-74, I agree taste is not the better especially if you ride the button, but the convenience to be able to handle a large load is pretty amazing!
My average load is 0.15 but it can handle more I'm sure.

The improved ceramic cup with lateral airflow helps to avoid clogging. I didn't noticed a big difference about airflow, which is nice enough for me.

And I'm impressed about the life there is in a such small battery.

A very simple improvement make a big difference in the experience, all my friends are amazed about this tiny vape pen!

Top Bottom